Peter King Playoff Predictions....WOW!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Peter King Playoff Predictions....WOW!

In response to p-mike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You know what I like about this forum?

You can bet your boots and mittens that -- no matter what the original topic --  before long every thread will turn into a slap fight about something else entirely.

Consistency . . .    that's what I like.

Wink

[/QUOTE]

SMH.. yeah, I know!  Then, we all try to get that "off track" poster back in line, right?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Come on. ESPN is the enemy. We all know it.  DO you ever see a Pats player do an interview on ESPN?  I can't think of one.  I don't think that is a coincidence. They may have lightened their stance towards ESPN in recent years, but if you don't think they were not paying attention with what ESPN did during that witch hunt, then we just disagree.

I cringed with Bruschi selling out to ESPN.  They paid more money? He could have stayed local like every other former player does.

I've also NEVER heard Bruschi once, NOT ONCE, be critical of Brady's postseason play through any of this. His choice and is it required? You are "uber" critical.

Again, disturbing. If he was being honest, he would have said one negative thing about Brady by now.  He also constantly makes dramatic reasoning as to why NE will lose every week with his picks. It's comical when he's so wrong, too. He acts like nothing happened.

ESPN happens to be a national corporation headquartered in New England pretty much between Boston and New York.  As for enemy..  they hire folks from all across the country along with their "fan" baggage.  If we see ESPN as the enemy, it may be because they do not hire all NE sport team fans across the board.  Imagine if it did pander to New England teams?  It is entertainment, they are being paid to be seen and heard, regardless of how controversial, right?

[/QUOTE]

Dude, ESPN led the witch hunt all the way up to SB Sunday. They even leaked a story on Friday night that Moss's gf was in the hospital after he beat her up......

So, Bruschi now works for a company that essentially helped sabotage SB 42. I have no idea why these facts are so confusing for Pats fans. It's what happened.

He's a hypocrite.  I am not sure what else to tell ya. Bruschi gets offered more money to work for ESPN than, say NESN or CSNNE, so he commutes to Bristol to the company that ruined his team's run to a 19-0 SB season.

Sell out.

[/QUOTE]

In a nutshell, I'll say:  "So!".  I know what happened back then and took it for what it was worth at that time, a load of bullsh*t! Unfortunately, there were too many NFL fans who swallowed it all, with smiles on their faces, because the target team was the Pats.

They are a media giant intent on creating interest in themselves and, most likely, most of the staff didn't care for the Pats.  It just so happened the Pats were the team in their sights at the time.  You are a Pats fan and if the very same thing happened to another team, possibly a team you did not care for, you'd be cheering for ESPN doing what they did.  A lot of folks, to this day, still believe all the crap that resulted, unfortunately.

Recall what it did when the Saints had "Bounty Gate" and other types of team issues in the NFL?  Any fan hates it when their team is the focus of something negative and it just so happens the most succesful NFL franchise of these last 13 + years is in the sights of many. If they are not talking about ya, you are not being noticed. The king of the hill does not have everyone kneeling at his feet!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Rusty...  I do not "cheer" and I see the imbalance that appears to occur.  I simply shake my head, laugh at times, know it is "sports" and go on with my life.  Like the visiting posters we get here and their comments.  An entertaining part of the day.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Yeah Bruschi is a sellout because he didn't choose to take less money to stay and be a "local hero" where he could be placed in bubble wrap by the Krafts. Instead he decided to make money, be a local hero and not be some loser that hangs out at Gillette Stadium drinking beers, slapping backs, reliving the good old days and hoping someone will notice him.

I went to camp this year, the Krafts put former players in the museum to sign autographs, this year it was Eric Alexander. The guy looked like he wanted to hang himself. Seriously the guy looked like he wanted to punch himself in the face before throwing hmself off the balcony...and I don't blame him one single bit.

Imagine still being a young man knowing your career is over and all you can do is sit there, sign autographs and pose for pictures...you think Bruschi wanted to do that? Sit there like some puppet making probably 500 bucks for the day, signing autographs for kids that were too young to even know who he was. And then maybe when the regular season started he might get the chance to sit in Kraft's box! Oh the joy! Good boy! Here's a little treat for you...sit down, give me your paw...here you go...you can be Santa at the Christmas Party this year Teddy (pats him on the head).

What's that Teddy? You running out of money? Well I can let you be a analyst during our home preseason broadcasts!! We'll pay you 5k! What's that? Your mortgage is 3000 a month? Well your career is over...did you think it was going to last forever? And what's that? Your kids need to go to college and your wife isn't working? Oh did you save for the rest of your life? Because you know as well as I do that the only job you can get is as a football analyst making 1 million bucks a year at espn or be our little puppet and make 40k...what will it be? We'll pay you 40 grand and of course you can go on channel 5, weei or the sports hub and pull in another 10 grand during the football season, but if you say anything even slighlty negative about us we'll banish you, got it?

But Mr. Kraft I can make a million at espn and STILL come here like a hero. Then I can STILL go on weei, the sports hub...whatever and probably command even MORE MONEY. And guess what? If I say something negative you'll have to let me in because I'll be something, where if I just stay here like some high school kid that graduates, but keeps coming back, I won't have a leg to stand on.

The End.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Come on. ESPN is the enemy. We all know it.  DO you ever see a Pats player do an interview on ESPN?  I can't think of one.  I don't think that is a coincidence. They may have lightened their stance towards ESPN in recent years, but if you don't think they were not paying attention with what ESPN did during that witch hunt, then we just disagree.

I cringed with Bruschi selling out to ESPN.  They paid more money? He could have stayed local like every other former player does.

I've also NEVER heard Bruschi once, NOT ONCE, be critical of Brady's postseason play through any of this. His choice and is it required? You are "uber" critical.

Again, disturbing. If he was being honest, he would have said one negative thing about Brady by now.  He also constantly makes dramatic reasoning as to why NE will lose every week with his picks. It's comical when he's so wrong, too. He acts like nothing happened.

[/QUOTE]

ESPN happens to be a national corporation headquartered in New England pretty much between Boston and New York.  As for enemy..  they hire folks from all across the country along with their "fan" baggage.  If we see ESPN as the enemy, it may be because they do not hire all NE sport team fans across the board.  Imagine if it did pander to New England teams?  It is entertainment, they are being paid to be seen and heard, regardless of how controversial, right?

[/QUOTE]

Dude, ESPN led the witch hunt all the way up to SB Sunday. They even leaked a story on Friday night that Moss's gf was in the hospital after he beat her up......

So, Bruschi now works for a company that essentially helped sabotage SB 42. I have no idea why these facts are so confusing for Pats fans. It's what happened.

He's a hypocrite.  I am not sure what else to tell ya. Bruschi gets offered more money to work for ESPN than, say NESN or CSNNE, so he commutes to Bristol to the company that ruined his team's run to a 19-0 SB season.

Sell out.

[/QUOTE]

In a nutshell, I'll say:  "So!".  I know what happened back then and took it for what it was worth at that time, a load of bullsh*t! Unfortunately, there were too many NFL fans who swallowed it all, with smiles on their faces, because the target team was the Pats.

They are a media giant intent on creating interest in themselves and, most likely, most of the staff didn't care for the Pats.  It just so happened the Pats were the team in their sights at the time.  You are a Pats fan and if the very same thing happened to another team, possibly a team you did not care for, you'd be cheering for ESPN doing what they did.  A lot of folks, to this day, still believe all the crap that resulted, unfortunately.

Recall what it did when the Saints had "Bounty Gate" and other types of team issues in the NFL?  Any fan hates it when their team is the focus of something negative and it just so happens the most succesful NFL franchise of these last 13 + years is in the sights of many. If they are not talking about ya, you are not being noticed. The king of the hill does not have everyone kneeling at his feet!

[/QUOTE]

Dude, I don't cheer for muckraking, dirty journalism because it's very dangerous. 

The fact is, if another team I did not like was guilty of a serious and legit infraction, I would want some enforcement of the rule and a penalty.  That'd be about it. It's beyond creepy what ESPN and the general media did.

What happened AFTER Goodell knee jerked his decision so ridiculously so, is what I am talking about here.

It's ESPN or any outlet's responsibility to gather the right information and reports fact and truth. Do you understand this concept?

They left out fact and truth by design to milk the story for much more than what it really was.

You defending it means you have a lack of understanding of how dangerous that is.

We have idiots who go to voting booths with the wrong facts and information in their heads for similar reasons. It's despicable and dangerous practice.

You mention the Saints Bountygate thing, but that didn't generate the same venom and hatred that the minor Pats infraction and rooted spat with the Jets, that Spygate did. Why?  Because the media framed Spygate to be something sinister and scouting with film as some kind of a definitive reason why NE was winning SBs.  That's disgusting.

Every single primary source, peopel who coached in the NFL, defended the Pats, but all of that was buried.  Anyone IN the NFL, who chose to come forward and speak, lied and were disingenuous at best simply because they are jealous of the Pats.  

The way the media framed Spygate, they made it appear sinister and some sort of calculated process, when it was nothing of the sort.  That framing of something so minor allowed those people, even to this day with Suggs and other morons, to basically slander the organization.

Meanwhile, the Saints had a union rep like Brees lying about not knowing about salary cap infractions with pay offs for bounties in the locker room, while the union was in the midst of a lockout bringing forward lawsuits regarding NFL negligence of player injuries.

What's worse?  I know what's worse.

That is FAR worse than Spygate.  But, ESPN didn't follow the Saints around for an entire season lying or making up stories.

They reported the facts and moved on. See the difference?

[/QUOTE]

Wow, do you really expect espn to deliver factual, objective news when we can't even get it from the major newS networks nor publications? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

isnt it a riot that Russell thinks he knows the "inside story" regarding ESPN, SPyGate, Brewski and everything else? Meanwhile, he sits in his basement watching games on his cell phone, never been to a game, never bothering to meet or talk to a player and listen to another angle? All he does is regurgitate "I am BB's b**lwasher and TBrady sux"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yeah Bruschi is a sellout because he didn't choose to take less money to stay and be a "local hero" where he could be placed in bubble wrap by the Krafts. Instead he decided to make money, be a local hero and not be some loser that hangs out at Gillette Stadium drinking beers, slapping backs, reliving the good old days and hoping someone will notice him.

I went to camp this year, the Krafts put former players in the museum to sign autographs, this year it was Eric Alexander. The guy looked like he wanted to hang himself. Seriously the guy looked like he wanted to punch himself in the face before throwing hmself off the balcony...and I don't blame him one single bit.

Imagine still being a young man knowing your career is over and all you can do is sit there, sign autographs and pose for pictures...you think Bruschi wanted to do that? Sit there like some puppet making probably 500 bucks for the day, signing autographs for kids that were too young to even know who he was. And then maybe when the regular season started he might get the chance to sit in Kraft's box! Oh the joy! Good boy! Here's a little treat for you...sit down, give me your paw...here you go...you can be Santa at the Christmas Party this year Teddy (pats him on the head).

What's that Teddy? You running out of money? Well I can let you be a analyst during our home preseason broadcasts!! We'll pay you 5k! What's that? Your mortgage is 3000 a month? Well your career is over...did you think it was going to last forever? And what's that? Your kids need to go to college and your wife isn't working? Oh did you save for the rest of your life? Because you know as well as I do that the only job you can get is as a football analyst making 1 million bucks a year at espn or be our little puppet and make 40k...what will it be? We'll pay you 40 grand and of course you can go on channel 5, weei or the sports hub and pull in another 10 grand during the football season, but if you say anything even slighlty negative about us we'll banish you, got it?

But Mr. Kraft I can make a million at espn and STILL come here like a hero. Then I can STILL go on weei, the sports hub...whatever and probably command even MORE MONEY. And guess what? If I say something negative you'll have to let me in because I'll be something, where if I just stay here like some high school kid that graduates, but keeps coming back, I won't have a leg to stand on.

The End.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah!!!! Kraft is a dirtbag! Yeah!

Murtl you really have your finger on the pulse of all things Patriots. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The End.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oh c'mon truey, I'm not saying that, I'm just saying if you had a chance to make a million or be Krafts lap dog for 40k a year, what would you do? Personally I'd be Kraft's lap dog right now if he'd let me...40 extra grand a year? I'll take it. A seat next to Krafty's girlfriend? Ok. Free shrimp? Free beer? Sounds good too me..I could probably convince him to allow me to consult on GM matters too:)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

He might be right, at this point in the playoffs all of his predictions could come true, oh wait noone has played a game yet...Dang!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The End.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oh c'mon truey, I'm not saying that, I'm just saying if you had a chance to make a million or be Krafts lap dog for 40k a year, what would you do? Personally I'd be Kraft's lap dog right now if he'd let me...40 extra grand a year? I'll take it. A seat next to Krafty's girlfriend? Ok. Free shrimp? Free beer? Sounds good too me..I could probably convince him to allow me to consult on GM matters too:)

[/QUOTE]

Brewski is nobodys lap dog. It is very wrong to say he is because he doesnt criticize TB. He holds TB in the highest regards, as he does BB, and many other former team mates.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The End.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Brewski is nobodys lap dog. It is very wrong to say he is because he doesnt criticize TB. He holds TB in the highest regards, as he does BB, and many other former team mates.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly! And what did Teddy do? He went out and didn't rest on his past success...he's got a new career now. Good for him, he's his own man. He was like that the first ten minutes he walked in here as a rookie. I remember his first media interview - he made the local news for the way he handled himself that day - he had an opinion, he didn't like stupid questions and he didn't want anyone wasting his time.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

c'mon, ESPN is a public company. Only the on air talent makes top $$$. Gruden, Berman, Tirico..Dan Patrick left for big money.

The ex players are not making that type of $$$

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

isnt it a riot that Russell thinks he knows the "inside story" regarding ESPN, SPyGate, Brewski and everything else? Meanwhile, he sits in his basement watching games on his cell phone, never been to a game, never bothering to meet or talk to a player and listen to another angle? All he does is regurgitate "I am BB's b**lwasher and TBrady sux"

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, my 50" plasma is my cell phone screen in my condo.  lmao

Never been to a game, huh? Season tickets in family since 1978. Jiri and I were just discussing how cold the 1996 AFC Title game was, so how is it that I never went to a game again?

Could it be you're a bit defensive over my astute analysis as an ESPN employee, whose paycheck actually is bolstered by ESPN's scummy business model?

Hmm?

[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you have a swinging bachelorette pad there Russ.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, my 50" plasma is my cell phone screen in my condo.  lmao

Never been to a game, huh? Season tickets in family since 1978. Jiri and I were just discussing how cold the 1996 AFC Title game was, so how is it that I never went to a game again?

Could it be you're a bit defensive over my astute analysis as an ESPN employee, whose paycheck actually is bolstered by ESPN's scummy business model?

Hmm?

[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you have a swinging bachelorette pad there Russ.

[/QUOTE]

Not too bad.  About 200 albums on hq heavy pressed vinyl, nice sound system, it's comfortable and inviting, so yeah. I kinda like it.  

I just think it's funny your buddy RKrap gets himself in such a pickle in these debates, he lashes out with stupid and wild commentary that is not even close to the truth.

Keep in mind, he said Hooman and Dobson to IR.

He's rarely, rarely ever right about anything.

[/QUOTE]

whoa, I did not say Hoomanand Dobson to the IR. I said I heard Hoomans knee was bad enough he was going to be IR'd. Obviously Gronk's injury put Hooman's move on ice. I also said Dobson foot is fractured, not sprained, and I was told he would be IR'd.

I am not a doctor, I am not speaking to the player nor the team physician. I am simply repeating what another media member said to me 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

King is always wrong, so is there a football witch doctor who can at least undo the King jinx?  

(Not that i disagree with his pick - there is certainly a football logic to it = the Pats as the #1 team of character/tightness/something to prove in the dance right now - but when King picks it means it won't happen.)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

The End.

You think Bruschi makes a million bucks per year at ESPN?

LOL!

Tears!  I mean, the board knows you to be dumb, but that's flipping hilarious.  Thanks for confirming Bruschi sold out to the devil and an organization that was and is hellbent on slandering the Pats organization at the drop of a hat, toolshed.

The end, alright.  Your brain is at an end.

[/QUOTE]

So what is he making? I guess I was wrong, it could be worse, I could think Phil Kessel played for team Cananda, when he is a American. That would be worse.

Either way Teddy is doing better for himself at ESPN than hanging around as a "local hero". LMAO!

And only you would brag about having a "50 inch plasma tv in my condo". LOL! A plasma?!?! The late 90's called, they want their TV back:)

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The End.

[/QUOTE]

You think Bruschi makes a million bucks per year at ESPN?

LOL!

Tears!  I mean, the board knows you to be dumb, but that's flipping hilarious.  Thanks for confirming Bruschi sold out to the devil and an organization that was and is hellbent on slandering the Pats organization at the drop of a hat, toolshed.

The end, alright.  Your brain is at an end.

[/QUOTE]

So what is he making? I guess I was wrong, it could be worse, I could think Phil Kessel played for team Cananda, when he is a American. That would be worse.

Either way Teddy is doing better for himself at ESPN than hanging around as a "local hero". LMAO!

And only you would brag about having a "50 inch plasma tv in my condo". LOL! A plasma?!?! The late 90's called, they want their TV back:)

[/QUOTE]

It's a brand new HD plasma that came out last year.  Are you dumb? Plasmas are ideal now even in brighter rooms. Read up, Cupcake!

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-VIERA-TC-P55GT50-55-Inch-Plasma/dp/B00752VKFA/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_5

IMoving on...I think we just saw a first. Did you just admit you were wrong about something?  Hey everybody!  Note this one down!  Cupcake made a stupid statement again as per usual, but he somehow realized how dumb it sounded and actually admitted it was dumb! Even though he's been dead wrong dozens of times on here through the years, including liking the Jets teambuild from 2009-2012 for the Pats to do, this is a monumental development here!

Yay Cupcake!  The board knew you could do it!

[/QUOTE]

Did you just supply a link to your tv??!! Bawahaha! I know plasmas are back, you moron, it was a joke. Get it. God are you that insecure?

And yes I've been wrong before and admitted it, try it, you might learn something...like not to post links to your tv because it makes you look like a fool.