Peter King Playoff Predictions....WOW!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Peter King Playoff Predictions....WOW!

Link

Per Peter King, Edeleman will be the SB MVP!.....WOW

Thoughts on these predictions? Brady and the Pats would go down as the best QB ever and team of the century if they pull of this victory after everything that has happened to them this year!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: Peter King Playoff Predictions....WOW!

In response to freediro's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Link

Thoughts on these predictions? Brady would and the Pats would go down as the team of the century if the pull of this victory after everything that has happened to them this year!

[/QUOTE]

He hates the pats - or so I am told.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]

Link

Thoughts on these predictions? Brady and the Pats would go down as the best QB ever and team of the century if they pull of this victory after everything that has happened to them this year!

[/QUOTE]

Looks like Peter wants his press pass to Foxboro back!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotrain. Show patriotrain's posts

i see the pats winning against any team left, on the other hand i also think they could lose to any of them, playoffs looking good!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Link

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

lol, I thought the same thing. However that ship has sailed. Much like the rat, Mangini, they both did something they thought was a smart move at the time to one up BB, but in the end only dented their careers. Having, even the slightest bit of, inside information from the Patriots is worth a lot in the media nowadays. I think King is over that whole issue, its been years and glad to see he is at least objective and not buying into the Donkeys like everyone at ESPN.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPatsFan12. Show NYPatsFan12's posts

lol @ greg bedard

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

The most surprising pick on that list was Colts over Pats... and that would be in foxboro. That seems to me to been plain stupid.. It can happen.... of course.... but to pick it.. Just because a few months ago he was stupid enough to pick the Colts? I wodner if he likes that Trent Richardson trade too!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I hope King is right...only problem is he's an idiot.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Link

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What happened between King and the Pats? I've heard some things but never really got a definte answer. I know during one of hte Super Bowls one write for each team was granted access and the Pats gave it to him. Why did things go sour, if they did?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Link

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What happened between King and the Pats? I've heard some things but never really got a definte answer. I know during one of hte Super Bowls one write for each team was granted access and the Pats gave it to him. Why did things go sour, if they did?

[/QUOTE]

All has to do with reporting on spygate, Bill ddint like it and how he became a scapegoat for what everyteam does. Thus King lost inside info, which he probably had to most access to at the time, along with all the other media.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Well he's never right. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Link

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'll never forget it, Sept 2007, WEEI:

Dale and Holley had an exclusive interview with King, I believe it was their weekly piece with him.  I remember it was a MOnday and I was in the office and ready to hear how they would call him out for lying repeatedly about the facts.

Basically, they confronted King with lying about the witch hunt, what NBC was doing, along with ESPN.   They basically quoted the former coaches like Chuck Knox, Bud Grant, Parcells, Jimmy Johnson, Don Shula (yup, before he realized NE might break the record), Bill COwher, etc, all former coaches mind you, who said they all did what BB did because it was very common and something that was considered part of a team's scouting process if they so chose to film the game.

All of a sudden, when it got obvious that King was cornered with the facts he couldn't counter, his cell phone mysteriously broke up and he never called back in to finish his segment. It was so obvious and awkward.

King used to have carte blanche access into Foxborough before that. The irony is, around that time he was moving from NJ to Boston for NBC likely to be the point person into Patriot Land for NBC.  It never happened. He used to write columns, have inside info, the works, After Sept 2007....not anymore. 

Matt Light and he were friendly where he'd still show up for his charity events on campus, but he never, ever got back into the innner walls of the complex like he had before.   

Kraft and the PAts aren't dumb. The millisecond you sell out and try to profit off of them for selfish gain, you're cooked.   

It's why Bruschi's work at ESPN is so disturbing.  I guess Bruschi is not interested in being considered as classy as other all time greats. He's more interested about himself and being greedy. Sad, but true.  He could work for NFLN or NESN or anyone.

Real Pats fans will remember him selling out to ESPN, the very outlet that lied and took charge of the witch hunt.  Again, that;s worse than chubby King thinking people care about his stupid hotel and coffee notes from the road while being lazy as a journalist.

King did the same thing as Bruschi and checked is integrity at the door.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with all things you say about King, but honestly Bruschi hasnt done anything worng or against the Pats while at ESPN. In fact, he has backed up BB and the Pats when other have questioned the Pats previous because of Spygate. Bruschi is not going to pick the Pats every game, and that's good because he doesnt get paid to be a homer or he would work for NESN, your attacks on Bruschi are completelty off base.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

To this day I will never understand why Peter King did what he did, both in terms of losing Pats access but also because he knows better than to blow up Spygate out of proportion the way he did. My best guess is that he was under a lot of pressure from the NFL to throw the Pats under the bus. 

At any rate I love his Super Bowl pick. :) I hope he's right though a Super Bowl with the Seahawks would be really stressful as the chance of Pete "sunshine and steroids" Carroll beating us for all the marbles would be a bitter pill indeed. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

The only thing I dont like about this selection is that he's never right.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

IMO the AFC is up for grabs.  All of the playoff teams have flaws in some way or other. 

Seattle is not bullet-proof but is pretty much the consensus team to beat.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

IMO the AFC is up for grabs.  All of the playoff teams have flaws in some way or other. 

Seattle is not bullet-proof but is pretty much the consensus team to beat.

[/QUOTE]

All that means is Seattle won't win it all!

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

He is wrong like always. Brady will be Superbowl MVP.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

OK, so King picks the Pats, the other two picked other teams.

All across sports talking head land there are picks being made all over the place.  Most appear to be leaning towards the Broncos, but, when all is said and done, some will be right and some will be wrong.

As Pats fans, we like the ones that pick the Pats, don't we?  And there are many who are laughing at anyone picking the Pats.  (-;

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Link

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's why Bruschi's work at ESPN is so disturbing.  I guess Bruschi is not interested in being considered as classy as other all time greats. He's more interested about himself and being greedy. Sad, but true.  He could work for NFLN or NESN or anyone.

Real Pats fans will remember him selling out to ESPN, the very outlet that lied and took charge of the witch hunt.  Again, that;s worse than chubby King thinking people care about his stupid hotel and coffee notes from the road while being lazy as a journalist.

[/QUOTE]

Rusty..  why do you say that?  When ANY sports taking head is speaking their mind, what they believe, how is it any different than your posting your "comments" about Brady and his play here? It is their point of view and it does not have to be in line with yours. Being frank is not being self absorbed and greedy. If Bruschi were to go the other way and be all glowing about the Pats all the time, he'd be blasted as being a BB a** kisser and the like.  Getting a job after retiring from the Pats is being greedy because he went to work for ESPN?  What if he did the same thing over at NFL NetWork, NBC or Fox Sports?

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]

Come on. ESPN is the enemy. We all know it.  DO you ever see a Pats player do an interview on ESPN?  I can't think of one.  I don't think that is a coincidence. They may have lightened their stance towards ESPN in recent years, but if you don't think they were not paying attention with what ESPN did during that witch hunt, then we just disagree.

I cringed with Bruschi selling out to ESPN.  They paid more money? He could have stayed local like every other former player does.

I've also NEVER heard Bruschi once, NOT ONCE, be critical of Brady's postseason play through any of this. His choice and is it required? You are "uber" critical.

Again, disturbing. If he was being honest, he would have said one negative thing about Brady by now.  He also constantly makes dramatic reasoning as to why NE will lose every week with his picks. It's comical when he's so wrong, too. He acts like nothing happened.

[/QUOTE]

ESPN happens to be a national corporation headquartered in New England pretty much between Boston and New York.  As for enemy..  they hire folks from all across the country along with their "fan" baggage.  If we see ESPN as the enemy, it may be because they do not hire all NE sport team fans across the board.  Imagine if it did pander to New England teams?  It is entertainment, they are being paid to be seen and heard, regardless of how controversial, right?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

You know what I like about this forum?

You can bet your boots and mittens that -- no matter what the original topic --  before long every thread will turn into a slap fight about something else entirely.

Consistency . . .    that's what I like.

Wink