peter king...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

peter king...

trashed the patriots again multiple times in his column today. among the teams he believes are better than the pats are miami, carolina (come on!!), seattle, the jets and giants. he has us ranked 14th. later on he trashes our draft. this guy's got a serious ax to grind...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Re: peter king...

What the pundits say is meaningless.  If I am not mistaken he picked the pats to win it all last year and had the Colts ranked around 10th.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/05/10/may11/index.html
    Here is his article from same time last year - Pats #1; Colts #5

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/09/13/week1/1.html
    Here's his MMQB after the first Sunday - before the pats first game:   Pats #1; Colts #13

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

I wonder if BB shut him off after reading all the derogatory articles he's written lately.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

he thinks they have slipped, no super bowl titles in 5 years would agree...but no...oh golly mr king hates the pats and BB...king is a villian! worse than darth vadar, skeletor, and lex luthor rolled into one! ahhh! call the justice league! the avengers! anyone! someone said something bad about our patsies! we cannot stand for this!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

i'm pretty sure he had the bears going to last years super bowl too

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Peter King was great at one time and I mean many years ago.  But I think with as time goes by the reputation gets bigger than what's being reported.  King use to be on the inside but I think he's burned too many bridges to get the story out.  Who in football talks to King now?

As far as the article goes who can argue.  If you're a Pats fan you really need to detach yourself and be honest about what's happened based on last year.  I think Carolina is a bit of a stretch.  Some of the opinion is probably base on the splash in FA which is very over rated. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

This is how he prefaced his ranking: "let me embarrass myself by ranking the NFL one through 32. That's not being overly modest -- just realistic. I stink at this. In fact, my recommendation if you really want to find out what's going to happen in the NFL this year is to take a bye on this column."  So what he said is actually good news for the Patriots. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

In Response to Re: peter king...:
    he thinks they have slipped, no super bowl titles in 5 years would agree...but no...oh golly mr king hates the pats and BB...king is a villian! worse than darth vadar, skeletor, and lex luthor rolled into one! ahhh! call the justice league! the avengers! anyone! someone said something bad about our patsies! we cannot stand for this!
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

This is the kind of comment i have to laugh at..."no SB'S IN 5 YEARS"
    wht team did you troll in here from??

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

jimmy42jack0; 1508 posts and nothing remotely useful, interesting or constructive to say in any of them. Join my long list of ignored users, you pizzant little troll.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

I agree where he put the Pats. I don't have them penciled in to win the AFC East.
    Having Miami and Jacksonville so high on the list sort of undermines his credibility but he's right; the Pats are a bubble playoff team right now. Its much easier to rank the Pats lower than the Jets and Miami when you don't mention the name Tom Brady in your reasoning.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

i'm pretty sure he had the bears going to last years super bowl too
    Posted by sirpinochle

He definitely did. I remember that.

I still can't believe he has Seattle and the Panthers over the Pats. I could see some people getting hyped about Miami or the Jets, but Seattle and Carolina? Come on now.

Peter King is a joke. I also like it how he cites Breer in his article... one garbage writer taking ideas from another.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

Since when did Peter King's opinion carry any weight?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

This is a comfort to me considering he is wrong as much as everyone in the world of "NFL Experts". As far as trashing our draft, that's most laughable part of it. Wait 'till the Patriots open up the season say 6-2 and Brady is back to his old self and we are as dominant as we usually are. He'll be on WEEI saying how he knew we would be good. This article is worth saving just to compare it to what he says half way through the season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: peter king... : This is the kind of comment i have to laugh at..."no SB'S IN 5 YEARS" wht team did you troll in here from??
    Posted by jcour382

im a dolphins fan and actually im just tired of some writers credibility going as far as long as he is saying nice things about your team in particular...which in this thread...is clearly the case

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

jimmy42jack0; 1508 posts and nothing remotely useful, interesting or constructive to say in any of them. Join my long list of ignored users, you pizzant little troll.
    Posted by unclealfie

this is the first time you have commented on anything ive ever said...so...im guessing you dont know much about me...thanks for playing, bye bye now

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: peter king... : It's not that. It's that it makes no sense.  Are you telling me you think Carolina and Seattle will be better than NE next year? King clearly has been denied the access he thinks he deserves.  He lives in Boston part time, you know so I am guessing his assumptions of access has only increased in the last 2 years. No knowledgeable fan would put Carolina with Matt Moore and their Peppers debacle, amongst other problems, Seattle and their rebuilding with a new staff, etc, above NE. Immediate credibility problem. Trolls and clueless sportswriters are very similar. Agenda. So, apparently, the Colts and Steelers have slipped. Colts haven't won anything in 4 years now and Pitt didn't make the playoffs, has a QB in trouble and no WRs. Tell me you think Indy and Pitt haven't "slipped" as much or more than NE based on "they haven't won a title" garbage. They lost a SB, Brady went down and then won a division last year WHILE REBUILDING. King is busy looking for names he knows on D, while BB will MAKE them names very soon. It's about the skill set in the mix, NOT the name. TEAM. Some drips simply never, ever get it but they have been shown repeatedly by NE.
    Posted by russgriswold

im guessing he is picking two NFC teams that could improve...but maybe not...in other words, those teams are his dark horse teams since the NFC is more balanced as far as talent sways go in short periods of time

i think everyone and their mother in their right mind expects the pats to be better than both those teams...but if those teams make the playoffs and the pats dont...then they get a better ranking...i dont know...seems like asinine reasoning to me...but hey...i never liked peter king...pats fans did

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSII. Show BSII's posts

King is a good read and usually entertaining  He admits he stinks at prognosticating as per his Bears pick last year.  Its better to have experts underrate the team.  Pats have not responded well to being the annual Super Bowl pick.  There is no axe to grind by King against Pats, he was just at a Matt Light fundraiser w/ Julian Edeleman in Foxboro.  He's just enticed by the Phins and Jets splashy offseasons.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Clayton is probably the one with the least visible adjenda of all the pundits from ESPN/SI etc. that I can think of. He gets off on tangents some times but he seems to be pretty steady.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

i agree with russ. king hates BB and the pats because they dont leak stories the way most teams do (or used to before half the league started to model themselves after the pats). BB has made life harder for guys like king to get a scoop, and they dont like it. so they take every chance to bash them.

and i love how king and breer have suddenly started some sort of affair. gross. i hope the two of them run off together and leave the reporting to some more interesting and unbiased people. i sooo dont care what kind of coffee peter king drinks.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Huggybear999. Show Huggybear999's posts

In Response to Re: peter king... : im guessing he is picking two NFC teams that could improve...but maybe not...in other words, those teams are his dark horse teams since the NFC is more balanced as far as talent sways go in short periods of time i think everyone and their mother in their right mind expects the pats to be better than both those teams...but if those teams make the playoffs and the pats dont...then they get a better ranking...i dont know...seems like asinine reasoning to me...but hey...i never liked peter king...pats fans did
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

I don't know any Pats fans that liked Peter King. He's been the punch line of Sports Radio for years now with his off base predictions and mainstream front running rhetoric. The only people I've ever heard say anything good about him are The Sports Radio Hosts when they have him on.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

In Response to Re: peter king... : It's not that. It's that it makes no sense.  Are you telling me you think Carolina and Seattle will be better than NE next year? King clearly has been denied the access he thinks he deserves.  He lives in Boston part time, you know so I am guessing his assumptions of access has only increased in the last 2 years. No knowledgeable fan would put Carolina with Matt Moore and their Peppers debacle, amongst other problems, Seattle and their rebuilding with a new staff, etc, above NE. Immediate credibility problem. Trolls and clueless sportswriters are very similar. Agenda. So, apparently, the Colts and Steelers have slipped. Colts haven't won anything in 4 years now and Pitt didn't make the playoffs, has a QB in trouble and no WRs. Tell me you think Indy and Pitt haven't "slipped" as much or more than NE based on "they haven't won a title" garbage. They lost a SB, Brady went down and then won a division last year WHILE REBUILDING. King is busy looking for names he knows on D, while BB will MAKE them names very soon. It's about the skill set in the mix, NOT the name. TEAM. Some drips simply never, ever get it but they have been shown repeatedly by NE.
    Posted by russgriswold

Russ, I think you'd be a good scientific study.  Your ability to reach inane conclusions is incredible.   You strike me as someone who doesn't believe in conspiracy theories because you believe they are all true.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: peter king... : How can you say "Pats fans like King". I don't really like any columnist to be honest. They aren't former athletes and they aren't really in tune. I respect a primary source like a former coach or player who is articulate and knows the game. Most of these people are found on NFL Network, ironically enough, minus Marshall "Squinty" Faulk and Jamie Dukes. I'll bet money after King got his Brady interview during the Matt Light fundraiser, he asked for one for some others or BB himself, and was denied. And that's what this is about. I would pick SF before Seattle and I would pick Atlanta before Carolina in that conference in those divisions for improvement. King is a name dropper and pom-pom rider. Always has been. I hear he's a nice guy though.
    Posted by russgriswold

i was going off the reaction he always would get while WEEI from the hosts and later fan call ins...

ive always thought peter king to be a pats homer...meh, it is what it is

and i agree about your SF and atlanta picks being better picks...but who knows...its may...maybe we all look like idiots come december

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Going-the-Distance. Show Going-the-Distance's posts

Peter King = a** clown

hey, maybe the Patriots don't make the playoffs...who knows? but regardless, this guy is a certified tool

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

In Response to Re: peter king... : Do you know how many media people have tried have to get information from BB and he's denied them access, only to have them blast BB or lie outright in the press?  There's been a bunch through the years.   A bunch. Boston fans are well aware of who these people are.  One got canned for plagiarism and one should have during the Spygate witch hunt. It has nothing to do with conspiracies, it has to do with MONEY. Capitalism is not a conspiracy. We've seen this before.  The coach doesn't give the writer what the writer feels he deserves, so he turns the table. You can revise history all you want. I think you'd make a good zoo exhibit because you are as dumb as a monkey.
    Posted by russgriswold

LOL.......

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

I personally love reading this kind of stuff and hope it continues.  I want the Pats to be disrespected and overlooked because that's when they play at their best.