PETITION THREAD FOR ALL 22 / COACHES TAPE

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

PETITION THREAD FOR ALL 22 / COACHES TAPE

I know the NFL has been getting request from fans for years to make this available. I cant find anything saying if they will or wont either way. There are a few shows , like NFL Playbook and NFL Match up that go over game tape , but obviously not every play. If anyone else knows where to find more of the ALL 22 tape it would be much appreciated. Im sure im not the only sports nerd that would absolutely love to have this.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Re: PETITION THREAD FOR ALL 22 / COACHES TAPE

Absolutely sign me up. I've long wished I could watch games from this camera, and simply mute the know-nothing announcers who create some convoluted mess out of what just happened.

I don't understand why it isn't available already. Oh, because the league is in bed with the networks, and the networks, given what they pay thse clowns, feel the need to jam them down our throat and lure even more clueless sponsors.

In short, they don't care about the fans, didn't the lockout make that abundantly clear? It only ended because preseason games were coming up, and NO WAY the owners were going to send checks to season ticket holders for preseason game reimbursement.

At any rate, it would be nice.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

personally, ive hated the way games a shown on tv for years.  all you can see is the pass rush.  its almost impossible to rate recievers.  i always thought that it would be difficult to intergrate another camera angle tho, untill i watched the IFAF world cup a few weeks back.

while they did stick to the traditional camera mostly, the used a camera that seemed to be at the top of the fg posts in the middle, and it was amazing!  you could see the whole play developing, you could watch what the recievers and dbs were doing, and you could see if they were in a man or zone instantly.  too bad nobody in america watched the IFAF world cup, so that camera angle will never catch on

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: PETITION THREAD FOR ALL 22 / COACHES TAPE:
    [QUOTE]personally, ive hated the way games a shown on tv for years.  all you can see is the pass rush.  its almost impossible to rate recievers.  i always thought that it would be difficult to intergrate another camera angle tho, untill i watched the IFAF world cup a few weeks back. while they did stick to the traditional camera mostly, the used a camera that seemed to be at the top of the fg posts in the middle, and it was amazing!  you could see the whole play developing, you could watch what the recievers and dbs were doing, and you could see if they were in a man or zone instantly.  too bad nobody in america watched the IFAF world cup, so that camera angle will never catch on
    Posted by flutie66[/QUOTE]

Everyone here: GREAT calls!    And Flutie...How did they do the FIFA Games?  Like 1/3 of the screen, showing a wide angle from the backfield perspective...or?  Because, that'd be just nasty.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

Don't know why you would say no to that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

they did it from behind the defense (i imagine because they didnt have the capitol to invest in the same angle from behind the offence due to zoom capabilities).  you could see sideline to sideline, and from a few yards behind the deepest offensive player to a few yards behind the deepest defensive player, and it looked great. id be happy to forward one ofthe games so people can see what im talking about

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

I think i know what your talking about and yea it looked much better imo. I remember when i was younger and first started watching games , i don't know maybe 8-9. And all i ever did was watch what you said , pass rush , o/d-lines etc. Now im constantly going back and forth to see what the play is and then watching for S's coming up in the box , backers dropping in coverage etc. With all the technology we have i just find it hard to believe that this is the best they can do. And if there not going to change it , then the ALL 22 would be great for sports junkies like us.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]they did it from behind the defense (i imagine because they didnt have the capitol to invest in the same angle from behind the offence due to zoom capabilities).  you could see sideline to sideline, and from a few yards behind the deepest offensive player to a few yards behind the deepest defensive player, and it looked great. id be happy to forward one ofthe games so people can see what im talking about

Yea, can ya man... I'd dig some small clip ex. from youtube or something.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PETITION THREAD FOR ALL 22 / COACHES TAPE : Yea, can ya man... I'd dig some small clip ex. from youtube or something.
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

can do man... any idea how to clip a video and upload it lol?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

[QUOTE]I think i know what your talking about and yea it looked much better imo. I remember when i was younger and first started watching games , i don't know maybe 8-9. And all i ever did was watch what you said , pass rush , o/d-lines etc. Now im constantly going back and forth to see what the play is and then watching for S's coming up in the box , backers dropping in coverage etc. With all the technology we have i just find it hard to believe that this is the best they can do. And if there not going to change it , then the ALL 22 would be great for sports junkies like us.
    Posted by startrightnow[/QUOTE]

i dont think the tech is that far off from being able to choose our camera angle of choice. it would be expensive tho cuz you would have to send bandwidth for each individual camera so the veiwers could pick

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PETITION THREAD FOR ALL 22 / COACHES TAPE : Everyone here: GREAT calls!    And Flutie...How did they do the FIFA Games?  Like 1/3 of the screen, showing a wide angle from the backfield perspective...or?  Because, that'd be just nasty.
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

not FIFA by the way.  the International Federation of American Football.  it was great. noone in america cared tho.  can anyone explain why an international football competition wasnt cool please?  theres like 57 countries in the federation too so its not like its just a few

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Just what I need, to see Mary taking the wrong route from the snap of the ball. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PETITION THREAD FOR ALL 22 / COACHES TAPE : i dont think the tech is that far off from being able to choose our camera angle of choice. it would be expensive tho cuz you would have to send bandwidth for each individual camera so the veiwers could pick

LOL Thats my fukin dream. Imagine being able to see what the backers or S's are seeing. Theres so many different camera's , different angles nowadays its amazing. Its just a matter of time. And yea as far as the money goes , its safe to assume the NFL will get theirs lol. Hey theres obviously a market for it , i know im not the only one who wants this stuff.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

the birds eye view

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

the tape the coaches watch is looking down on the action so they can see all 22 players at the same time- without that, you cant tell what is going on-
    the television cameras don't let you in on what is actually happening-

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

Exactly it allows you to see all 22 players at the same time. Say your watching a game and you see a WR somking a CB. One might think wow that guy just got burned. The all 22 would let you see if the S bit on the play action fake. It allows one to see the play develop , not just the result. From what i understand its an overhead view.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]Just what I need, to see Mary taking the wrong route from the snap of the ball. 
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHA! I think Iv'e seen players take better routes on those old vibrating football games.

For me, I'd love to be able to pay attention to the front 7 and the trenches. I like wathcing the pass ruch develop and see how creative they get, I also like watching the Oline doing their job exceptionally well. Also, so much happens after the whistle, away from the ball, it'd be nice to see the lead ups to those little scuffles rather than just cutting to Light uppercutting Crowder...or was that Mankins? Either way, they could be teammates now!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptFoxboro. Show CaptFoxboro's posts

I appreciate the sentiment of the thread but Is a Poll REALLY needed ?

( Its like asking - SHOULD THE CHEERLEADERS BE ALLOWED TO GO TOPLESS ? )

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

LOL Ok maybe the poll was a bit much , but honestly iv never heard anyone bring it on here. Sure someone has in the past , but lately no. Anyway im going to try and call/email someone with the team who would know on Monday. If anyone has heard anything about it info. would be appreciated.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TampaPete. Show TampaPete's posts

You can see things that the TV angle never shows. I saw a coach's tape of Rodney once on NFL Network where he did some amazing things. On one play that started to his left so he went to that sideline. He ended up making the tackle on the other sideline because he never quit on the play. As good as he looked on TV, he was even better on the coach's tape.

The TV angle is more exciting and better for the casual fan, but even if you watch it over again in slow motion and run it back, you really can't analyze the plays and see all the individual battles.

The NFL should have a website for watching the coach's tapes.  It isn't like they are top secret or anything.  I would pay to see them.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

there's a regular segment on patriots all access in which belichick breaks down key plays from the previous weeks game using the all 22- if you dont live in the area you can podcast it by searching for patriots video at the itunes music store

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Seems like something else the NFL could package and sell to fans.  
    And I'd be one of the first fans to buy it.  Would love to see it. 

If nothing else, NFL Network should do more with this film--maybe show one "game of the week" using coaches film each week during the season and have their analysts break down the whole game just like a coach would do.  Would be a heck of a lot more interesting than another top 10 list.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]Seems like something else the NFL could package and sell to fans.   And I'd be one of the first fans to buy it.  Would love to see it.  If nothing else, NFL Network should do more with this film--maybe show one "game of the week" using coaches film each week during the season and have their analysts break down the whole game just like a coach would do.  Would be a heck of a lot more interesting than another top 10 list.  
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

That's a simply amazing idea. Run it like those DVDs that have a copy of the movie with director/actors/writer talking over parts of the movie to describe this or that. To hear the analyst going over most of it, bringing in players for a few soundbites to describe what they were doing, maybe an occasional coach or coordinator to add some voice-overs. I can't think of a better way to rewatch a game.