Peyton Manning AFC POM

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Peyton Manning AFC POM

Now I know many of you could care less and will begin waiving your teams rings at me for this post, but many of you have stated that Manning is having an excellent year, and he is. 

But Manning has done this before (and without great help from his defense, like this year) which is why he has received the accolades he has. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Belenus555. Show Belenus555's posts

Re: Peyton Manning AFC POM

Good for him!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Manning's a great QB, really????? OMG why didn't anyone ever tell me this before. This should be on every sportscenter broadcast for the next month.

Seriously though did you really need to post this?

BTW I was thinking about how you keep saying that Brady always had a great defense and it got me thinking. Since Brady is willing to take less money then Manning and since his wr's cost a lot less then Mannings wr's would it be correct to say that Brady is one of the reasons the team was able to afford better defensive players then Colts? I guess you can't use the excuss the Pats have had the better defense if one of the reasons is because of the QB.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

This just in.............. P Manning is a very good QB...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Peyton Manning AFC POM:
    [QUOTE]Now I know many of you could care less and will begin waiving your teams rings at me for this post, but many of you have stated that Manning is having an excellent year, and he is.  But Manning has done this before (and without great help from his defense, like this year) which is why he has received the accolades he has. 
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

Don't you mean POM POM?  Sorry, couldn't resist!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

I don't think that PM and TB's contracts are significantly different.  Both have adjusted their contracts at times to accomodate other signings.  On the other hand you've got something with the wr comment. 

and yes, I believe that is true.  The colts have never paid their interior D line or their linebackers.  If their is a flaw in the front office, this is it. 

However, I don't think it is a flaw, but by design.  Polian is a guy who believes in "the good of the league" from this perspective.  He wants the league to grow.  He believes that good offense does that.  That "chicks dig the long ball" for example. 
    Particularly in a small market city like Indy, he believes that the fans continue to come due to the great offense and the winning.  Large markets don't have this kind of problem because their are simply enough people to always draw big crowds whether the team is good or not.

So, (and I think I have actually heard this from polian) he wants to keep the offense high octane for business sake, and unfortunately, I think it sometimes is at the expense of our teams playoff success.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Quick research off the top of my head puts Brady's cap number at somewhere around 14 million. I believe Manning's is more than 21 million.

I would be interested to know what might constitute a significant difference if $7 million doesn't.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I completely agree underdogg and it's completely different view from the front office and we're starting to see that on the Pats side as the offense has cost us talent on defense. I just mentioned it since you keep refencing it towards one of the reasons for Brady's success, when I believe the reason for the Pats D being better is that less talented offensive players allowed for the better defense.

Personally I'd actually like to see what Manning would do with a better D and a weaker wr core. The problem is we might never know how he would react without a pro-bowl caliber wr (Wayne is just to good before and during his Colts career to say Manning made him) and Clark (who I truely believe should have been to a number of pro-bowls and might even be HoF worthy). If he could pull off what Brady did with lesser wr's then they might go down as 1A and 1B greatest ever, but without knowing how he would preform without that all pro offense leaves that question to ask.

Personally I think Polian is an idiot. The colts have a good enough fan base that they deserve a better more well rounded team to go after the rings every year not just to gain some business with a high flying offense.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from icka31. Show icka31's posts

In Response to Re: Peyton Manning AFC POM:
    [QUOTE]I completely agree underdogg and it's completely different view from the front office and we're starting to see that on the Pats side as the offense has cost us talent on defense. I just mentioned it since you keep refencing it towards one of the reasons for Brady's success, when I believe the reason for the Pats D being better is that less talented offensive players allowed for the better defense. Personally I'd actually like to see what Manning would do with a better D and a weaker wr core. The problem is we might never know how he would react without a pro-bowl caliber wr (Wayne is just to good before and during his Colts career to say Manning made him) and Clark (who I truely believe should have been to a number of pro-bowls and might even be HoF worthy). If he could pull off what Brady did with lesser wr's then they might go down as 1A and 1B greatest ever, but without knowing how he would preform without that all pro offense leaves that question to ask. Personally I think Polian is an idiot. The colts have a good enough fan base that they deserve a better more well rounded team to go after the rings every year not just to gain some business with a high flying offense.
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

Didn't The Colts win a Super Bowl with that idiot in charge?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peyton Manning AFC POM : Didn't The Colts win a Super Bowl with that idiot in charge?
    Posted by icka31[/QUOTE]

and the Pats won three. Ask Manning if he'd rather have the 1 or 3, I'm pretty sure he'd give up the stats for a better D if that means 3 rings on his fingers

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from icka31. Show icka31's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peyton Manning AFC POM : and the Pats won three. Ask Manning if he'd rather have the 1 or 3, I'm pretty sure he'd give up the stats for a better D if that means 3 rings on his fingers

I understand that. I am just saying that it is a little much to be calling Polian an idiot. He built that offense himself by drafting players such as Manning over Ryan Leaf and Edgerian James over Ricky Williams. Not to mention the defensive players he drafted such as Dwight Freeney, Robert Mathis, and Bob Sanders. They are consistantly one of the best teams in the NFL year in and year out. His drafting ability is the reason why The Colts still play in Indianapolis and not some place like Los Angeles.

Would you consider the GM who ran the Braves in the 90's to be an idiot because he only won one championship because they focused too much on starting pitching?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PurpleKoolaid. Show PurpleKoolaid's posts

You can't even compare a 6th round pick with the best quarterback to ever play the game. Peyton  Manning runs his own offense, calls his own plays, has done it with obsolutely no defensive support, with downright the worst defensive unit in the NFL for over a decade, continues to do it after his number 1 HOF receiver retired. Do I need to say more? Take Brady out of the Bellicheat system and put him in Indianapolis. Does he put up the same number of wins? I think not.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Is that pogue of the month?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]Quick research off the top of my head puts Brady's cap number at somewhere around 14 million. I believe Manning's is more than 21 million. I would be interested to know what might constitute a significant difference if $7 million doesn't.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]
    Really?? that surprised me, because it seemed that just recently I saw something that actually had them at comparable numbers.  I stand corrected. 

I guess this is the result of Manning's restructurings that kept pushing his cap number up down the line.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]You can't even compare a 6th round pick with the best quarterback to ever play the game. Peyton  Manning runs his own offense, calls his own plays, has done it with obsolutely no defensive support, with downright the worst defensive unit in the NFL for over a decade, continues to do it after his number 1 HOF receiver retired. Do I need to say more? Take Brady out of the Bellicheat system and put him in Indianapolis. Does he put up the same number of wins? I think not.
    Posted by PurpleKoolaid[/QUOTE]

Brady (lifetime) - 116 games
                            93 QB rating
                            62.9 completion %
                            200 TD's  5.3%
                            88 int's    2.3%
                            103 - 28 record    78.6%

Manning (lifetime) - 179 games
                               95.1 QB rating

64.5 completion %

340 TD's  5.6%

167 int's  2.8%
                               117 - 59 record   66%

You right how can we ever compare the 2. Btw Brady had the worse of the wr core over the years. I'd say they are very comparible for everything but post season stats which Brady wins hands down.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PurpleKoolaid. Show PurpleKoolaid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peyton Manning AFC POM : Brady (lifetime) - 116 games                         93 QB rating                         62.9 completion %                         200 TD's  5.3%                         88 int's    2.3%                         103 - 28 record    78.6% Manning (lifetime) - 179 games                            95.1 QB rating                            64.5 completion %                            340 TD's  5.6%                            167 int's  2.8%                            117 - 59 record   66% You right how can we ever compare the 2. Btw Brady had the worse of the wr core over the years. I'd say they are very comparible for everything but post season stats which Brady wins hands down.

Forget the record. Do you think Brady does the same as Peyton if they sway places? The Colts without Peyton would probably be worse than the Detriot Lions. The Pats without Brady went 11-5, with a backup quarterback who will not have a winning season for the rest of his career. It's the Bellicheck system, not Tom Brady. Tom Brady is a huge factor don't get me wrong, but without Manning the Colts are the worst team in the league.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

Deja vu - this has got to be the thousandth time I'm seen this same argument on this and other boards.  Sometimes I think I'll be on my death bed fifty years from now and I'll still be hearing this argument!  (Of course, by that time Manning will probably have led the Colts to at least five or six SB victories.)  ;)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrocktonMike. Show BrocktonMike's posts

Brady Offense 16-0.

Really, anything else need to be said?