Peyton Manning dodged a bullet!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Peyton Manning dodged a bullet!

Peyton Manning and his football cred dodged a bullet this season.  Everyone is saying "hey look, the Colts are nothing without Manning."  "Manning must be the true NFL MVP because without him the team can not win."

Well after witnessing that beating last night, the embarrassing whipping the Saints gave the Colts, I have come to the conclusion that there is no way even with Manning that the Colts would have won that game.  The fact is how many games would they have won with Manning?  Let's face it, the Colts have done nothing to improve their team over the last several years, several old and past their prime players still playing skill positions.  Who on that team has great promise in the years to come?  The Colts are an old, washed up team.  Not sure a Healthy Manning could have led this current Colts team to the playoffs this season let alone having a legit shot at a Super Bowl run. Just foolish to even think that. 

They need serious rebuilding and if I ran that team I would fire Caldwell, and put someone in to coach with specific orders to tank the rest of the season (which looks like they won't have a problem with that as it is with Caldwell, but do this just to be on the safe side) and win the suck for Luck sweepstakes.  Bid farewell to Manning and half the team and rebuild for the future.  Get a top of the line coach in there (another reason to get rid of Manning because the change that is needed won't happen with Manning in there running things.)

Bottom line is Manning was lucky to have missed this season, his QB status would have taken a mighty blow this season had he played.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Re: Peyton Manning dodged a bullet!

^^^Good observation, in TFB12 we trust

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

If the tie breaker for Suck for Luck it point differental they are off to a good start.   If Manning is done, they should ask him to retire and reward him for clearing the Cap Space by making him Lucks QB coach.  At least that way we won't have to watch him on some Sunday Sports Desk yucking it up every weekend!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

I think you're right. Peyton Manning doesn't play linebacker or free safety. It might not have been a butt whooping, but even if Manning played, Saints would've won.

Outside of Mathis and Freeney, their entire defense is incompetent. With Manning playing, Saints would've won 48-31.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

It is looking more and more like Manning is sitting this year out so they can reload for another run next year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Why is it that only fans of other teams are making this point? 

Answer:  fandom.

Answer2:  specifically here - it hurts Tom Brady's legacy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

come again. it hurts tom brady's legacy that the colts s u c k?

In Response to Re: Peyton Manning dodged a bullet!:
    [QUOTE]Why is it that only fans of other teams are making this point?  Answer:  fandom. Answer2:  specifically here - it hurts Tom Brady's legacy.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]come again. it hurts tom brady's legacy that the colts s u c k? In Response to Re: Peyton Manning dodged a bullet! :
    Posted by patthepatriot666[/QUOTE]

In UDs mind, everything hurts Tom Brady's legacy. But that especially, lol. 

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that the Colts are sliding in tons of areas even relative to last season and that Curtis Painter and Kerry Collins put together against are worse than Matt Cassel.

Of course, that never enters into the equation that he holds up to sooth the pain of watching his team age. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peyton Manning dodged a bullet! : In UDs mind, everything hurts Tom Brady's legacy. But that especially, lol.  It doesn't take a genius to figure out that the Colts are sliding in tons of areas even relative to last season and that Curtis Painter and Kerry Collins put together against are worse than Matt Cassel. Of course, that never enters into the equation that he holds up to sooth the pain of watching his team age. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

Well maybe to an LSU guy, but thoughtful people understand the injuries the colts endured last year and this year. 

Don't care for my take? 

Here's Bruschi:  "maybe the difference is Manning",

or Rich Gannon, today:  "What would the colts be today with Manning?  Probably 5-2". 

People in the know, know. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peyton Manning dodged a bullet! : Well maybe to an LSU guy, but thoughtful people understand the injuries the colts endured last year and this year.  Don't care for my take?  Here's Bruschi:  "maybe the difference is Manning", or Rich Gannon, today:  "What would the colts be today with Manning?  Probably 5-2".  People in the know, know. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Umm, not sure what LSU has to do with this ... care to elaborate?

At any rate ... Manning doesn't make Painter or Collins better. 

If the Colts had Matt Cassel (or ANY QB worth playing in the NFL) they would likely be 4-3 or 5-2 as well ... I don't think Bruschi or Gannon would argue that either. 

Painter and Collins have been pretty much terrible. Outside of the excellent running, and some amazing jobs or RAC, Painter can't hit the broad side of a barn. He is throwing half the balls into the stands. It's a joke. 

It says far, far more about how overrated the Colts are as personell managers and drafters than how good Manning is. 

Get it? Mr. In-the-know. ;-)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peyton Manning dodged a bullet! : Well maybe to an LSU guy, but thoughtful people understand the injuries the colts endured last year and this year.  Don't care for my take?  Here's Bruschi:  "maybe the difference is Manning", or Rich Gannon, today:  "What would the colts be today with Manning?  Probably 5-2".  People in the know, know. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

And Troy Brown said today that there is much more wrong with that team than no Manning.  They started unraveling 2 years ago,  Bad management, poor coaching and an old team that was never rebuilt.
    Even with Manning, 4-5 less wins than last year and no play-offs for golden boy to choke in.
    It doesn't even appear that team wants him back.
    Don't you think they'd be trying harder if they did?
    Aren't horse shoes associated with LUCK?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peyton Manning dodged a bullet! : And Troy Brown said today that there is much more wrong with that team than no Manning.  They started unraveling 2 years ago,  Bad management, poor coaching and an old team that was never rebuilt. Even with Manning, 4-5 less wins than last year and no play-offs for golden boy to choke in. It doesn't even appear that team wants him back. Don't you think they'd be trying harder if they did? Aren't horse shoes associated with LUCK?
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

And Troy Brown said exactly what most people think. QB is not the only problem with the Colts. Even Colts fans (not Manning ball-washers) recognize that the team decayed another step. 
    Even Freeney and Mathis look slower this season. If Manning were here he would still have lost to Houston, they still would have lost Cincy, New Orleans, and Cleveland or Tampa. This would be a 3-4 or 4-3 team.

The Colts team has essentially quit. Even Caldwell (the genius) insinuated that after the loss. 

But we didn't need a 62 point drubbing to know that the Colts are gutless frontrunners and choke artists. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

UD is trying to make the point that Manning is so important to his team that they look horrible and can't win without him.

The fact is that the colts would have looked horrible and couldn't even win with him this season so Manning's legacy is being protected because he isn't in there playing this year!!  Hence the Manning dodged the bullet title.  So UD6 your conspiracy theory does not hold up.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]UD is trying to make the point that Manning is so important to his team that they look horrible and can't win without him. The fact is that the colts would have looked horrible and couldn't even win with him this season so Manning's legacy is being protected because he isn't in there playing this year!!  Hence the Manning dodged the bullet title.  So UD6 your conspiracy theory does not hold up.
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]

The Colts are in decay. You don't blame a team's best player for that decay. As far as I know, Manning doesn't draft for the Colts. If he were here, and the Colts finished with the 5-8 wins I predicted coming in, no one would hang it on Manning. 

They would hang it on the ownership for failing in recent drafts, and letting quality 'depth' guys go in favor of signing big names. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from buttgrundle. Show buttgrundle's posts

Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

You mean people like Ray Lewis and Darelle Revis, who declared Brady by far the best in the game earlier this year? 

Truth that none of you Dolts fans want to admit is the glue to that offense was Tom Moore, whose only fault is that he couldn't draw up a play to get around Polian's massive ego.  Manning had one OC his entire career up until they started force feeding Clyde C. in there, and he endured his worst season since he was a rook.  Meanwhile, Brady's had three OC's.

People in the know DO know, and I'll take two of the best defensive players at their positions in history over anything Rich Gannon says.  How many tackles did he have again? 

It's 50/50 Manning ever plays again.  Enjoy the memories.  And while you're at it, send a thank you note to Tom Moore for all those years of impeccable service.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]If the tie breaker for Suck for Luck it point differental they are off to a good start.   If Manning is done, they should ask him to retire and reward him for clearing the Cap Space by making him Lucks QB coach.  At least that way we won't have to watch him on some Sunday Sports Desk yucking it up every weekend!
    Posted by Tomhab[/QUOTE]

First tiebreaker is ease of schedule

the Rams, by virtue of playing in the worst division in football, instantly have a leg up on the Colts and Dolphins in this department

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gln826. Show gln826's posts

Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

That is pretty funny 5-2!  At best they would be 3-4, this team had Manning last year?  This Colt team has a worse offense (cant run block or pass block) and defense (only can pass rush)!  With the "greatest player ever to play football" what was their record after 12 games last year?  Didnt they barely beat the (pathetic) Titans twice in the last 4 weeks by a total of 5 points with the "GPETPF" to get into the playoffs?  And before you go and start petting Manning on the head, the great Colt team beat the Bengals by 6, Raiders by 5, and Redskins by 3, how good were those teams?  Playing in the worst division in the AFC last year and the easiest schedule your Colt team went 10-6!

"People in the know, know?!"  keep holding your breath on that one! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

UD - I can't believe you ran away and hid after Z's last 2 or 3 comments - it's not like you to be chickenschizz - normally you'll stick to your Manning is the greatest schtick until you wear down (or bore to tears) all opposition

To further Z's point about Indy's being choke artists and frontrunners - Indy will be on local blackout alert as soon as next season I predict - The Colts fans true colors will be shining through

UD - at least the Colts were good long enough to get Indy a new stadium  - and get a Superbowl to Indy - the last SB that the Colts will see in a long, long as they make their rapid descent into Lions territory

Enjoy the ride to irrelevance UD!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Q - thank goodness you are here to save the board from me, although I think they can handle themselves just fine. 

Z - Never said I was in the know.  Think the comment suggested that both Bruschi and Gannon were. 

Pezz - Troy Brown must not be in the know, because 2 years ago, the Colts were 14-0 before they sat starters and went to the superbowl.  Last year they were the most injured team in the NFL and were still 10-6 and would have won a playoff game had it not been for a boneheaded coach move. 

Z - I will agree with you, however, that the colts have drafted poorly recently, although I don't think that can be said for this year. 

Gln - I didn't say it.  I am just repeating Rich Gannon's comments. 

All - Same as last night, I have to go now.  Please call me out in my absence all you like. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Pezz - Troy Brown must not be in the know, because 2 years ago, the Colts were 14-0 before they sat starters and went to the superbowl. Last year they were the most injured team in the NFL and were still 10-6 and would have won a playoff game had it not been for a boneheaded coach move.

Well you just proved the point.  In 09 when the Colts pizzed away the perfect season, you could just see the balloon deflating.  Been down hill ever since.
    Last year s ucked and this year.........well they just need to refund all those season tickets before they get sued.
    Again, poor coaching and management 09, older players with no significant up grades, no depth, and no back-up QB.  Can't get worse than that!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Peyton Manning dodged a bullet!:
    [QUOTE]Peyton Manning and his football cred dodged a bullet this season.  Everyone is saying "hey look, the Colts are nothing without Manning."  "Manning must be the true NFL MVP because without him the team can not win." Well after witnessing that beating last night, the embarrassing whipping the Saints gave the Colts, I have come to the conclusion that there is no way even with Manning that the Colts would have won that game.  The fact is how many games would they have won with Manning?  Let's face it, the Colts have done nothing to improve their team over the last several years, several old and past their prime players still playing skill positions.  Who on that team has great promise in the years to come?  The Colts are an old, washed up team.  Not sure a Healthy Manning could have led this current Colts team to the playoffs this season let alone having a legit shot at a Super Bowl run. Just foolish to even think that.  They need serious rebuilding and if I ran that team I would fire Caldwell, and put someone in to coach with specific orders to tank the rest of the season (which looks like they won't have a problem with that as it is with Caldwell, but do this just to be on the safe side) and win the suck for Luck sweepstakes.  Bid farewell to Manning and half the team and rebuild for the future.  Get a top of the line coach in there (another reason to get rid of Manning because the change that is needed won't happen with Manning in there running things.) Bottom line is Manning was lucky to have missed this season, his QB status would have taken a mighty blow this season had he played.
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]
    They are also without their defensive leader, Brackett. They are bad.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

[QUOTE]Pezz - Troy Brown must not be in the know, because 2 years ago, the Colts were 14-0 before they sat starters and went to the superbowl. Last year they were the most injured team in the NFL and were still 10-6 and would have won a playoff game had it not been for a boneheaded coach move. Well you just proved the point.  In 09 when the Colts pizzed away the perfect season, you could just see the balloon deflating.  Been down hill ever since. Last year s ucked and this year.........well they just need to refund all those season tickets before they get sued. Again, poor coaching and management 09, older players with no significant up grades, no depth, and no back-up QB.  Can't get worse than that!
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

Its just like the Colts to change the rule of the game and leave the NFL in the despicable state its in and then tank their season for a draft pick. I hope they end up with the next Tony Mandarich and/or Luck turns out to be the next Ryan Leaf.

What rules can the Colts change/re-emphasize to get back to winning? I looked on the board after the Jets game and all anyone can talk about is how lame it is to watch the game given away because CBs can't touch receivers anymore. I wouldn't allow anymore rules emphasis Polian history revisions to change the game anymore because the product stinks now.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Actually, no one knows and these people that you  mention, like yourself, are engaging in useless speculation.  Manning is not playing, so there is nothing except the past to go on and in the NFL the past doesn't count, it is always NOW in the NFL, not yesterday. 

If the Dolts are that reliant on Manning their current record and performance to date speaks volumes about the quality of the rest of the team.  The DOLTS have zeros wins, which means that they simply are bad.  Face it UD, they are bad. Now you can focus on that fact and deal with it or do the fan thing which is focus on next season and HOPE.  I suspect you will do the latter, because you are a fan, not someone who is dealing with reality. If you were a realist, you would be mad as hell about the owner and the front office, that has basically allowed the team to ossify around Manning who is no spring chicken himself.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from gln826. Show gln826's posts

[QUOTE]Q - thank goodness you are here to save the board from me, although I think they can handle themselves just fine.  Z - Never said I was in the know.  Think the comment suggested that both Bruschi and Gannon were.  Pezz - Troy Brown must not be in the know, because 2 years ago, the Colts were 14-0 before they sat starters and went to the superbowl.  Last year they were the most injured team in the NFL and were still 10-6 and would have won a playoff game had it not been for a boneheaded coach move.  Z - I will agree with you, however, that the colts have drafted poorly recently, although I don't think that can be said for this year.  Gln - I didn't say it.  I am just repeating Rich Gannon's comments.  All - Same as last night, I have to go now.  Please call me out in my absence all you like. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]
    Dummy, the "in the know. know" wasnt in quotes, so those were your words.
    So, you repeated Gannon. So, what do you think the Colt's record be if "TGPIF" was playing?

25. This post has been removed.