Peyton Manning Leaving the Colts, Part Deux

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: Peyton Manning Leaving the Colts, Part Deux

In Response to Re: Peyton Manning Leaving the Colts, Part Deux:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peyton Manning Leaving the Colts, Part Deux : It has not fsailed at all. My observatins of the hypocritical Colts organization and the media is spot on. Completely accurate. When you compare the Brady contract not being done last summer and how the Colts continued to say what they said and after witnessing the media behavior here, said media does not cover the Gomer contract in the same fashion. FACT
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]
    Its completely failed. 

What's hypocritical about the colts?

Brady's contract became a dust-up because of Silver's column.  Silver said he had solid evidence that Brady was not happy about not having a contract and that there were issues between him and the pats.  Silver goes on to note in a response to an emailer that tried to call Silver on his column that when given a chance to refute the comments of the column, neither Brady nor Kraft did so.  

Frankly, the media exposure probably helped the situation (which is why I think Brady had the story planted).  It got the sides negotiating and got a deal done.  It put pressure on the pats, and they responded.  

How has Manning and/or his handlers put similar public pressure on the colts? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

The notion that Manning may be disenchanted with the direction of the franchise may not be as far-fetched as I once would have surmised. We've heard all along that Peyton felt negotiating during the season was an intrusive distraction -- a perfectly valid take -- and that Polian and Irsay fully intend to make Manning the game's highest-paid player (reasonable enough, from their perspective, as that team is nothing and nowhere without Manning). So . . .   here we are . . .   a month after the Colts' season ended, and only a couple weeks from CBA oblivion, and yet there has been no movement.

Can't help but wonder why.

Some valid points have been made here concerning the potential chasm between quarterback and coach. The Colts have a conference and division title (although that division title is essentially a freebie) in two seasons under Caldwell, and yet he has shown more than an occasional propensity toward boobery (as noted by Rerun and Tex). The guy looks like he might have more than a little Brad Childress in him.

It's always difficult to imagine iconic figures moving on, but we've seen the Joe Montanas and the Brett Favre's of the league change laundry . . .   so why not Manning? He's one of the few guys in the league for whom the franchise price is at least a comparative bargain, and the dearth of quality -- let alone elite -- quarterbacks has been well established. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if some team that thought it was only a quarterback away -- and such teams are myriad -- decided to mortgage its future for a couple-three years of Peyton Place.

The Arizona angle is intriguing. That team was in the Super Bowl two years ago with Kurt Warner under center, and plays in a divsion peopled exclusively with junior varsity high school teams. Ultimately, I expect all of this to be a mere tempest in a teapot. Whether it's the labor uncertainty that is holding up negotiatios, or simply that contract talks for Manning are being kep on the down-low through some vast media conspiracy, I expect the deal will get done at some point.

There's no Steve Young waiting to make Indy fans forget Peyton -- so he's not Joe Montana -- and whatever else he may be, from a purely egomaniacal perspective, he's not Brett Favre (who is?).

When all is said and done, Manning is a Colt.

He just is.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peyton Manning Leaving the Colts, Part Deux : Really? You have a post from me complaining about Pats fans going overboard with their fandom? I'd love to see it.
    Posted by niz-58[/QUOTE]

A little snarky this AM are we?  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Yes, him asking for you to actually back your mouth means he is "snarky".

Get over yourself.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peyton Manning Leaving the Colts, Part Deux : A little snarky this AM are we?  
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Snarky? No. Low tolerance for stupidity today? You bet.

Can't come up with one?

I didn't think so.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE]Yes, him asking for you to actually back your mouth means he is "snarky". Get over yourself.

I forgot the the Great IUD doesn't like to be questioned.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peyton Manning Leaving the Colts, Part Deux : Snarky? No. Low tolerance for stupidity today? You bet. Can't come up with one? I didn't think so.
    Posted by niz-58[/QUOTE]

chuckle.  If you didn't spend so much time trying to demonstrate how smat you are, then I just might bite.  Since you do, I assume you know what I meant, and thus are just being the @ss you so frequently enjoy being. 

Next.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]Yes, him asking for you to actually back your mouth means he is "snarky". Get over yourself.

Russ, I'll be happy to explain to you.  I don't know whether or not you are smart enough to understand, but thick headedness gets in the way regardless.  

As fans of our respective teams, we all have low tolerance for the fandom of others. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

For the life of me, I cannot understand why some people come here knowing that they are a magnet for criticism.  It must be fun to be loathed!  Or maybe you think of yourself as a modern day Sisyphus. 

Apparently there are some in this world who cannot bear the thought that people are talking about their team's quarterback and are willing to spend day after day wasting brain cells replying to posts by Patriots fans who, for the most part, are unabashed in their fandom.   

There are a handful of you that just can't resist the temptation to come here again and again, day after day, doing what you must deem a worthy act  -- defending the honor of your millionaire quarterback, wheter Manning, Sanchez, Rivers, or whomever else.  You'd better get to rolling that rock up the hill I guess. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Evangelising

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE]   As fans of our respective teams, we all have low tolerance for the fandom of others. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Which is why I wonder why someone would visit a site knowing they're not going to like what they read.

My only guess would be the sense of superiority they might receive by spending the day pointing out what homers the other fans are.

A rather pitiful exercise, really.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE]Evangelising
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

And egotistical enough to think they're actually going to change the way Patriots fan feel about their team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peyton Manning Leaving the Colts, Part Deux : Russ, I'll be happy to explain to you.  I don't know whether or not you are smart enough to understand, but thick headedness gets in the way regardless.   As fans of our respective teams, we all have low tolerance for the fandom of others. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

No, we find you annoying.

What you said is really code word for "Hi, I have no Colts friends and want attention from a fanbase who I am jealous of."

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peyton Manning Leaving the Colts, Part Deux : Which is why I wonder why someone would visit a site knowing they're not going to like what they read. My only guess would be the sense of superiority they might receive by spending the day pointing out what homers the other fans are. A rather pitiful exercise, really.
    Posted by niz-58[/QUOTE]
    See, you did know, and were just being the @ss I thought you were. 

You see Niz, I like to discuss.  I enjoy different perspectives.  there are many here who really don't oversell their fandom, but there are others who just can't seem to get it through their thick skulls. 

Usually, those are the people who like to call people like me, stupid or uneducated.  They attack me rather than my comments.  I am sure that I do not demonstrate very good patience with those people.  Most I ignore.  Some can't be ignored. 

what I don't get is that while you wonder about me, I wonder about you.  You've been here long enough.  You know how I am.  You clearly don't care for it, so why not just ignore me? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peyton Manning Leaving the Colts, Part Deux : And egotistical enough to think they're actually going to change the way Patriots fan feel about their team.
    Posted by niz-58[/QUOTE]

You are just a little too serious this morning.  I was just kidding.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peyton Manning Leaving the Colts, Part Deux : See, you did know, and were just being the @ss I thought you were.  You see Niz, I like to discuss.  I enjoy different perspectives.  there are many here who really don't oversell their fandom, but there are others who just can't seem to get it through their thick skulls.  Usually, those are the people who like to call people like me, stupid or uneducated.  They attack me rather than my comments.  I am sure that I do not demonstrate very good patience with those people.  Most I ignore.  Some can't be ignored.  what I don't get is that while you wonder about me, I wonder about you.  You've been here long enough.  You know how I am.  You clearly don't care for it, so why not just ignore me? 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

No, what you enjoy is an argument.

If you were just any a-h, I would. But you're the worst kind of a-h, the self-righteous kind.

But, I'm doing the same thing you try to do. Thinking you're going to listen to me and change. You're not. Your ego wont allow it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

The reality is, Underpants, I or others could make the most observant, articulate point about something that is a positive for the Pats or a negative for the Colts and you either don't grasp the point or ignore it purposely.

Because you are a COlts fan supremely jealous of what NE has and earned while your beloved Colts did not take first prize.

Then, you go off on a tangent trying to deflect and confuse the discussion.

Translation: You are a poor conversationalist.

And annoying.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peyton Manning Leaving the Colts, Part Deux : No, what you enjoy is an argument. If you were just any a-h, I would. But you're the worst kind of a-h, the self-righteous kind. But, I'm doing the same thing you try to do. Thinking you're going to listen to me and change. You're not. Your ego wont allow it.
    Posted by niz-58[/QUOTE]

So really you are just being an AH.  You know/believe you will not change me but are a jerk anyway.  Me, I still have hope.  Wink

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jac1421. Show jac1421's posts

[QUOTE]Manning hasn't gotten over a lot.

Funny how so many of you people seem to know exactly what's going on in the mind of Peyton Manning.  You say that "Manning hasnt' gotten over alot."  Really?  How do you know this?  Do you talk to him often?  That's just ridiculous.  Is it not possible for an athlete to get upset at something (eg, an ill-timed timeout), and be able to let that go?
    And about pulling the starters against the Jets, I wish people would let that go! They went on to win the next two playoff games big. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickforPresident. Show BelichickforPresident's posts

I give Manning the benefit of the doubt.
    However, in terms of franchises, It seems to me that the Colts are portrayed better in the media than the Patriots.  Why?  Stereotypes sell, no matter how stupid and/or wrong they are.  It seems the stereotype of the Patriots that persists today is them being an Evil Empire, Belichick starring as Darth Vadar. 
    Yet which franchise, I ask, has lived up to public proclamations and signed their all-important quarterback?  Which has "ruthlessly" not?  In the least, that fact is a curious one.
    And UD6 - you are a real $#&*$#!  This a Patriots forum.  Remember?  So when we thump our chests, well, it's just team fans being fans within a group of fans of said team. When you thump your chest -- it's an outright invitation to dump on your head.  And so I have joined the dumping.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peyton Manning Leaving the Colts, Part Deux : [QUOTE]Manning hasn't gotten over a lot.   Funny how so many of you people seem to know exactly what's going on in the mind of Peyton Manning.  You say that "Manning hasnt' gotten over alot."  Really?  How do you know this?  Do you talk to him often?  That's just ridiculous.  Is it not possible for an athlete to get upset at something (eg, an ill-timed timeout), and be able to let that go? And about pulling the starters against the Jets, I wish people would let that go! They went on to win the next two playoff games big. 
    Posted by jac1421[/QUOTE]

Settle down. I was being a wise guy referencing his 9-10 postseason record.

It's not tthat ridiculous when he's blown a handful of postseason games by himself.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peyton Manning Leaving the Colts, Part Deux : Me, I still have hope. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Says who?? LOL!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Would Peyton leaving Hooterville be as damaging to Indy as LeBron leaving the Cavs was to Cleveland?: http://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110210113821AAfz39o

You be the judge.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peyton Manning Leaving the Colts, Part Deux :      Says who?? LOL!!
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

The only one that matters in this situation.  LOL!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from brady-is-clutch. Show brady-is-clutch's posts

hey underputz robbie evans, why dont you go and get a job!!!!  No one here likes you, and i mean NO ONE, why dont you go and visit the ingaystar.com site and hang out with your pony putz friends, im pretty sure if you fell of the face of the earth in the next second or so, no one here will care-get it, most pat fans hate the clots and vice versa, so why not go hang with your gay buddies on ingaystar.com and you can all marvel at the fact that playtex womanning s**ks in the playoffs- i mean how many choke jobs can you have (9-10, 7x 1 and done) sure brady had 2 meltdowns now but i will take 2 vs your 7, now please go step in front of a moving bus and do us all a favor, we hate you so please go to your gay clot site you pick 6 putz lover!!!