Peyton Manning scores 1030 on SAT's

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: Peyton Manning scores 1030 on SAT's

Well for them SAT's don't pay the bills ya know...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Looks like he has done very well for himself.  While he has made over $100 million in football and owns 21 Papa Johns Pizza places in the Denver erea you are here posting threads about his SAT scores.  Brilliant!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

He's definitely smart enough on the football field, maybe the most intelligent player in the league. He just folds in the big game too many times. Great player though.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

considering back when he took them it was out of 1600, 1030 was about average. How old are you?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

considering back when he took them it was out of 1600, 1030 was about average. How old are you?

As far as I'm concerned, a 1030 on a scale of 1600 is unimpressive. He's not a complete idiot, but that's a weak score in my opinion.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

In response to PatsEng's comment:

As far as I'm concerned, a 1030 on a scale of 1600 is unimpressive. He's not a complete idiot, but that's a weak score in my opinion.

hence the average? I remember when I took them 1050 was an average score but honestly why does that matter? He's worth more then all of us combined and he's smarter then some of us from what I can tell

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Looks like he has done very well for himself.  While he has made over $100 million in football and owns 21 Papa Johns Pizza places in the Denver erea you are here posting threads about his SAT scores.  Brilliant!!!

I'd trade a few points on my SAT scores for 10% of his money.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

I just wish some of his biggest, troll fans were smarter! :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from saskpatsfan. Show saskpatsfan's posts

It's hilarious that people attribute an SAT score to how "intelligent" that person is. I know plenty of people that scored 1400-1600 back when I went to high school, that were socially unintelligent and were horrible students altogether. Then there were the students that scored in the 1000-1200 range that went on to do great things with their lives. And as for Manning, I'd say he is doing a lot better then all of us. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Life is filled with people who had limited education, poor test scores and who've done pretty well for themselves.  When I moved to this country, we lived with my aunt, uncle and cousins in Boston until my parents got our first home.  My eldest cousin was one of a handful of kids who scored a perfect SAT score the year he took the test.  Know what he's doing today?  No college degree, one job after the other, pretty sad life.  Maladjusted, unable to "succeed" at the  level that his perfect score supposedly set for him.  I feel for the guy, he just can't cope with life.  It just goes to show you, intelligence and ability to function is society is not all about what some standardized test says you're capable of.  

I had to learn American English, and it was harder than you'd think even considering I grew up speaking English.  My first go around with the SATs, I got in the 800's.  Not embarrased to say it.  The next year, after knowing what to expect and preparing better, I got a 1280 or some number close to that in the high 1200's.  SATs is in part knowing what to study for and how to study.  Not a litmus test for intelligence.       

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to alfred-e-bob-neumier's comment:

I'm old and used...and 1030 on the SAT's are for people going to 3rd rate state schools (and I do not mean UMASS) and jc's...sorry if that's the truth, but there you are....a 1030 on the SAT's is quite sucatacious

If you are a Varsity athlete in HS, are active in the community and get all A's and B's in your classes then a 1030 on the old test out of 1600 will get you into state schools like UMass

Most Div I football/basketball players were scoring in the 800-950 range. I don't think KG even broke 750, which is one reason he jumped to the pro's. SAT's prove very little, and insulting someone for them is pointless. What Manning has done in the 20 years since he took that test has been pretty impressive, although he does choke in the clutch:-)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Some of the things that some of you guys choose as subjects of ridicule are head scratchers.  SAT's?  really?  I am also always amused by those that choose to make fun of Manning's looks.  Are you really that Metro?  Anyway - silly stuff. 

Hey Alfred - there's a pretty ugly guy who dropped out of college (what a dummy) and went on to become the richest guy in the country.  Lets make fun of him now. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

As far as I'm concerned, the majority of the 'math' portion of an SAT test does little to measure aptitiude, but rather, it measures knowledge. The reading portion certainly tests aptitude a bit more, however knowledge is still a leading factor.

The SAT does nothing to measure the intelligence of a person. All it does is measure how much you've learned.

Manning scoring a 1030 doesn't mean he's a stupid person, but that he didn't learn much in class. Perhaps that's a reflection of his overall intelligence, but it'd be silly to assume that. Lots of brilliant people simply don't pay attention in class or take the time to master the material. Not saying this is the case with Manning, but it should be kept in mind.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

I'm old and used...and 1030 on the SAT's are for people going to 3rd rate state schools (and I do not mean UMASS) and jc's...sorry if that's the truth, but there you are....a 1030 on the SAT's is quite sucatacious

the only truth is ur rusty and ur garbage

wait that's two truths...i must've scored a 500 on my SAT...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

I got a 1010 on the SATs back in the late 1970s (610 in math 400 in verbal), and yes, I went to Northern Essex Community College, and then to Westfield State College. I have a Bachelors degree in Math with a Minor in Economics. Luckily for me (I guess), employers dont really care what your SAT score was or where you went to college. They care about work ethic, and whether you have the skills and abilities to help make them successful (I am talking about the private sector). Since graduating college, I have never been unemployed, fired, or laid off during a downsizing, and having worked in IT for a long time, I have be through several of those. I know for a fact that I have done much better in life than many of my high school classmates who scored 1400-1600's on the SATs.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

This thread gets more lame as evidenced by the liklihood that Alfred found this information in an article that named Manning as one of the smartest professional athletes. 

http://aol.sportingnews.com/mlb/feed/2010-09/smart-athletes/story/sporting-news-names-the-20-smartest-athletes-in-sports

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

As far as I'm concerned, the majority of the 'math' portion of an SAT test does little to measure aptitiude, but rather, it measures knowledge. The reading portion certainly tests aptitude a bit more, however knowledge is still a leading factor.

The SAT does nothing to measure the intelligence of a person. All it does is measure how much you've learned.

Manning scoring a 1030 doesn't mean he's a stupid person, but that he didn't learn much in class. Perhaps that's a reflection of his overall intelligence, but it'd be silly to assume that. Lots of brilliant people simply don't pay attention in class or take the time to master the material. Not saying this is the case with Manning, but it should be kept in mind.

BAM BOOM POW!

And to further that, it tests your memory. Do you remember the specific formula to calculate the area of a circle? I don't know...I'm 17, and was more interested in the girls rack in front of me than some d a m n formula. I bet I'd hae a better shot at calculating her bra size.

How'd Richard Branson, founder of Virgin EVERYTHING do on the SATs? Oh, he dropped out of school at 16, and here's a little snippet:

"He then attended Stowe School until the age of sixteen. Branson has dyslexia and had poor academic performance as a student, but later discovered his ability to connect with others.[8]"

To be fair though...he's British. They don't have SATs.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.