Re: PFT Not Kind to Pats
posted at 12/1/2009 8:34 AM EST
In Response to Re: PFT Not Kind to Pats
[QUOTE]In Response to PFT Not Kind to Pats : I won't dignify that idiotic story with a comment. Did you not expect the Belichick haters to come out of the wood work. You don't strike me as a Sadist Dogg but I bet you have a little extra spring in your step today.
Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]
E - I'll give a few jabs here and there. I've taken many more than I've given. Its to be expected if I post on this site.
Belichick is not a favorite, no, but otherwise, I generally have no beef with the players.
a couple of thoughts:
1. Brady really can just throw the ball deep and as long as Moss is around there's a good chance for a catch or at least an incompletion. Last night there were 3 db's within about 5-10 feet of moss on a deep ball. Brady after a strong pass rush just slung it and Moss came down with it. Amazing. I'll admit that I am jealous. The colts have never had that kind of receiver or luxury.
2. I still measure the colts by the pats and the pats are still in a position to earn a second seed, so there should be no panic.
3. I can't remember the last time (not talking about a game possibly last year) where the pats were simply beaten so completely.
4. What I saw reminded me (at least defensively) of how the pats used to beat the colts.
5. Brady will quickly become just like Manning was when the pats used to beat the colts, trying to win games from the offensive side of the ball because he doesn't trust his defense, if they don't figure out their defense.
6. Wilhite is a liability.
7. One other note, I saw Moss give up on a play when Brady threw an int because he was double covered. He just stopped running. This is one of the knocks against Moss, and it is very real. That said, his positives substantially outweigh this negative, but it hurt the pats on that play.