Phantom PI and other calls

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Phantom PI and other calls

It is deplorable that the The Fish would get screwed by a call the Steelers were gifted, helping achieve a victory. Other games were affected as well.

The rash of phantom PI calls has reared its ugly head again too.

The league should do something about these games with gifted calls that absolutely are erroneous at best and totallly affect the outcome of games.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: Phantom PI and other calls

Jim Nance.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Just as bad was the hose job done on the Bills when the refs stood there for 5 seconds after forward progress was stopped and allowed 3 Ravens players to tug at the ball until they finally got it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

In Response to Re: Phantom PI and other calls:
    [QUOTE]Jim Nance.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

lol awesome

jbolted, i assume that your talking about the PI call at the end of the first half that got called against the chargers.  i know the announcers didnt see it, but trust me it was there.  ive learned that announcers are morons and i can call a game as well as them.  the defender totaly impeded the receivers path to the ball, and was not looking for the pass.  textbook PI

jim nance

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Phantom PI and other calls : lol awesome jbolted, i assume that your talking about the PI call at the end of the first half that got called against the chargers.  i know the announcers didnt see it, but trust me it was there.  ive learned that announcers are morons and i can call a game as well as them.  the defender totaly impeded the receivers path to the ball, and was not looking for the pass.  textbook PI jim nance
    Posted by flutie66[/QUOTE]

Jdolted and the announcers don't know the rule book....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]Just as bad was the hose job done on the Bills when the refs stood there for 5 seconds after forward progress was stopped and allowed 3 Ravens players to tug at the ball until they finally got it.
    Posted by Evil2010[/QUOTE]

All kidding aside, it's becoming more and more difficutl to watch NFL games and not believe that officials go into contests with preconceived notions about who is going to win. Blown calls on the field in real time are one thing, but reviewable calls that come back completely wrong -- and covered with barely coherent jabberwock explanations (as happened in the Steelers/Dolphins and Vikings/Packers games -- directly affecting those outcomes) -- are unacceptable.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Jbolted, do us all a favor, particularly yourself, and find another drum to beat and another room in which to beat it.  Questionable calls have been part of competitive athletics ever since the first official donned a striped shirt and whistle. 

Your team made too many mistakes and the Pats took advantage of them - that's what determined the outcome. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

JBolted - you are on the wrong site to whine about your team getting hosed by bad PI calls - have you ever watched the Pats play Indy?

The other play you are complaining about looked like a lateral to me in real time - I was screaming at the TV for the Pats to pick that ball up as soon as it hit the ground

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Jbolt comes here because he knows this is the only board that deals half way in reality.  He needs to come clean though.  SD is just a stupid team.  Poorly coached.  How can folks leave the ball on the ground?  How can teams turn the ball over so many times?  There is a reason why SD has a losing record and it's not because of phantom PI calls.  It's the stupid play of SDs players.

I believe Miami got screwed though.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Phantom PI and other calls:
    [QUOTE]It is deplorable that the The Fish would get screwed by a call the Steelers were gifted, helping achieve a victory. Other games were affected as well. The rash of phantom PI calls has reared its ugly head again too. The league should do something about these games with gifted calls that absolutely are erroneous at best and totallly affect the outcome of games.
    Posted by jbolted[/QUOTE]
    Did the Colts play last weekend? Thought they were the only team to get favorable PI calls.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]JBolted - you are on the wrong site to whine about your team getting hosed by bad PI calls - have you ever watched the Pats play Indy? The other play you are complaining about looked like a lateral to me in real time - I was screaming at the TV for the Pats to pick that ball up as soon as it hit the ground
    Posted by qball369[/QUOTE]

What JBolt and the media heads don't want to admit is that you cannot reliably judge the position of the ball using a camera shot that's way up in the air, way downfield and at an extreme angle to the side view needed to make a good judgment. The officials are on the same vertical level with and directly off to the side of the play so their view is much more realistic.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]Jim Nance.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Couldn't have said it better myself, ... ahahahaha

I cannot believe this guy is still complaining.  Step away from the bridge, sir!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I love skrewwing the Chargers. I wish they were good enough to make the Playoffs so we could skkreww them again at home. Next time we meet Brady has a couple ruffing the passer calls saved up for you. He didn't have to use them up this past week because the Chargers handed us victory in  so many other ways.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

[QUOTE]Jbolt comes here because he knows this is the only board that deals half way in reality.  He needs to come clean though.  SD is just a stupid team.  Poorly coached.  How can folks leave the ball on the ground?  How can teams turn the ball over so many times?  There is a reason why SD has a losing record and it's not because of phantom PI calls.  It's the stupid play of SDs players. I believe Miami got screwed though.
    Posted by garytx[/QUOTE]

Agreed - Miami got hosed big time - the refs should have sorted out the pile on the ball

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Phantom PI and other calls:
    [QUOTE]It is deplorable that the The Fish would get screwed by a call the Steelers were gifted, helping achieve a victory. Other games were affected as well. The rash of phantom PI calls has reared its ugly head again too. The league should do something about these games with gifted calls that absolutely are erroneous at best and totallly affect the outcome of games.
    Posted by jbolted[/QUOTE]

I'll back you up on this one, although I didn't get to watch the game.  Except in the most egregious instances of pass interference or illegal contact, I'm all in favor of letting the players decide the outcome.  Let them bump.  Let them jostle for position.  Don't make rules that can so randomly favor the offense a subjective call that a referee can bust out whenever he sees fit.  I'd even accept pass interference and illegal contact if it was called consistently across the board, but the Colts bump opposing receivers 10-15 yards downfield with regularity - watch their corners, who have the shallower flats zones along the sidelines usually.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Like I told a buddy of mine who is a Fins fan, as a Pats Fan I am gald the Fins lost, as a football fan.............THE FINS GOT HOSED!!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Is the game rigged?

Consider which teams won the past five Super Bowls.  Did it appear to you that they were given a huge, suspicious boost at times by the officiating, either in that game or their other games of their Super Bowl seasons?

Ever notice how teams that buy new stadiums or make major renovations often go to the Super Bowl soon before or soon after the stadium is (re)constructed?  Do you think that will happen to the Jets this year?  I've already seen them get a ton of mysterious calls this season.  They own their last game on a major bogus call.

Did you notice the Saints get a bunch of help (phantom P/I's all season) in the regular season last year? 

What about the Bears?  The Colts?  The Steelers?  The Cards? They all either renovated their stadiums or built new ones in the recent past. They all went to the Super Bowl. Even the Pats.

We know the NBA is or was fixed for years.  Same with most college sports. We hear former bookies claim they'd fixed NFL games.  Why should we not think the the NFL is fixing games?  How else can you explain the Bills/Ravens game?  How else can you explain the Steelers/'Fins game?  How else can you explain the Packers/Vikings game?

I've written this during the past off-season: This may very well be my last season watching the NFL. I don't watch the NBA any more because I was convinced it was fixed (before it was revealed it was indeed fixed).  I never watched wrestling because it is fixed.  I stopped watching many Olympic events because they were fixed (boxing, gymnastics, figure skating, basketball).  I don't see why I should treat the NFL differently.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Is the world going to end according to the Mayan calendar too?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Phantom PI and other calls : What JBolt and the media heads don't want to admit is that you cannot reliably judge the position of the ball using a camera shot that's way up in the air, way downfield and at an extreme angle to the side view needed to make a good judgment. The officials are on the same vertical level with and directly off to the side of the play so their view is much more realistic.
    Posted by Evil2010[/QUOTE]

You weren't saying this when crying that the Pats made the 2 yds they needed vs. the colts last year.  Funny how those tables can turn, isn't it?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Phantom PI and other calls : You weren't saying this when crying that the Pats made the 2 yds they needed vs. the colts last year.  Funny how those tables can turn, isn't it?
    Posted by Indylove[/QUOTE]

To ALL:

Annnd yet again, a poster brings up Phantom Penalty Yards (also known as "peyton Interference"), and A Colt's Poster smells it out from a mile away...This time prefering to strike first, rather than getting mauled with st#pid and silly little facts based on 10 years of evidence. 

~10 years time folks...10 YEARS time, While EVERY single other NFL Team changes year in and year out, in terms of how and where they rank every season in terms of Both Number of Penalties AND Total Penalty Yards, both varying further yearly on each team's offensive side of the football and defensive side of the ball, THE GREAT Perpetual Motion MACHINE that Is THE INDIANAPOLIS COLTS, yet 1 more season in 2010, are not just ranked in the bottom 1/3rd of the NFL, but as usual, In the bottom 5 NFL teams

Yup, tick-tock-tick-tock.  Player's change, Rules changes, Coaches change, NOTHING- not-a-one-of these affects the ever-ticking Indy Colts, in terms of committing far, far less penalties for far less yards, Than each and every NFL Franchise, by year.  I mean in Indy's Defense, I believe 1 Season (yes, outta the past 10 seasons), The Colts's Defense was only ranked 7 or 8 from last place (not the bottom 5)....wow (sheez, give those ref--, err, I mean, GIVE those great Colts's Players time to show how vastly superiorly mistake-free They ARE!).

THIS year
         The Colts's Defense IS only ranked #8 from last place in Penalty Yards (although 3 yards short of being #5...yet again).  Total Penalty Numbers on Defense-Actually tied with 3 teams (including NE's D in fact) @ #8 from last also (1 less Penalty away from reaching their coveted bottom 5 NFL Teams mark...yet again...10 years). 
         WHILE The great non-penalty committing Indianapolis Colts's Offense Is merely 2nd from last...in all of the NFL in Total Number of Penalties committed.  31 outta 32 Teams people.  Yessire folks, while several NFL teams's offenses rank in the 50's and 60's in Total Penalties, those crazy perpetual motion machine Peyton led Indy Colts are at an amazing 24 Total Offensive Penalties.  Again, IN Indy's Defense in 2010, their Offense in Total Penalty Yards committed and called on Indy's Offense, Is NOT 31 outta 32 NFL Teams...it's just 30 outta 32 teams.  See, us whining New England Patriot Fans, crazy as always!

Hey, hey 2009 was great wasn't it Colts's Fans?  Yea, Bottom 5 in Penalties and Yards and LAST, Very Last in Penalties and yards throughout the whole playoffs...  Each and every single playoff contest, far, far less penalties and yards than each and EVERY opponent you faced in those playoff match-ups against them...until, well- ya hit that ole national audience stage, When your sh#t couldn't be hid any longer.  Ya...1 time vs the Saints with a minor number of less penalty yards and numbers than that very FIRST playoff team ya faced=LOST.  Shocking...

Hey, hey Colts's FansRemember that non-existant face-guarding rule that your Refs made up to give your Offfense 1st and Goal, and a win in the AFCCG in 2006...yea, that was sweet! 
         Hey, hey Colts's Fans, HOW about that 2007 Perfect year game vs The New England Patriots...Remember?  THAT was the ole 187-something like 30 yards Colts's advantage that they got in Penalty Yards in that game.  NE still won, and man it WAS an 187-5 yard advantage, until those last 2 minutes, after the game was finally decided.  Man, that's some crazy numbers's huh?  Hey, hey Colts's Fans! 
         Hey, hey Colts's Fans!  WHAT about the 2009 NFL Game between NE and Indy, when NE was ahead the whole game, and then NE's CB Darius Butler was running next to your wideout on a 3rd down back in your own territory, and he was 3 feet away from your WR?  It was AWESOME getting that 70 yard "completion" to give ya 1st and goal @ your 1 yard line, right?
         Hey, hey Colts's Fans, Remember last years thread, when I finally tallied the Total Penalties and Total Penalty Yards that the Colts's had vs New England over the course of the past 10 years, and it was something sooo cool, like a 20 yard Penalty Number differential in favor of Indy, YET the GREATEST part was that the Total Penalty YARD advantage was awesome insane!...like a 3 or 3 and a HALF freakin' FOOTBALL Field worth of added YARDS worth of Penalties being awarded for Indianapolis during those contests?!?  SWEEeeet!

~But that's me, complain, complain, complain, Right?  The ole NE Pats's Fan giving 30 diffferent factual stats bein' trumped by the sound-proof Colts's Fans Arguin' that "You lil' whiners...always-complain, complain and COMPLAIN!"  OR- or, "Peyton Manning just practices Harder and committs less mistakes buddy!  Ahhh, Our Defense does TOO."

~Yup, 10 years, Bottom 5, sometimes last, 1 year only 7th from the bottom...Total Penalties and Total Penalty Yards committed...yup, 10 years...Oh, Both sides of your team, too...yup-Offense and Defense...yes-sir...Each and every team varies on Offense and Defense, not YOU..., each and every team varies year by freakin' year on how they fare in penalties and yards, NOT YOU...Awesome

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Laz, thanks for the stats.  We all know the truth about the Colts.  Heck, I been in California watcing games in sportsbars and in Chicago doing the same, and all the fans talked about how the Colts get all those funny calls their way.  But the numbers you give make it concrete.

It has to make one wonder what kind of career stats Manning would really have, considering that he would have had a lot more losses, statlled drives and 3-and-outs without the help for the Colts fomr the officiating.

And Indy, from what I could tell, that was an imcomplete forward pass by Rivers.  I plan to watch it again and follow the shadow of the ball.  Hey, ever since the Pats won their thrid rings, it seems the league has come out against them on the officiating - this play seemed like an exception.  But it also looked like the second onside kick didn't go 10 yards before it was touched by a Charger, either.  I want to view that one again, as well. But there is no question Faulk had that first down and the Pats had sealed the game last year.  The spot was insane. And it was not the only bad call of the second half of that game.  Remember the crazy, long-yardage P/I call? (A Colt's staple item, n'est pas?) Your team can't seem to win without help. And this year, I have seen them get the same ole' help and they are barely winning.  Can't wait to see what the officials do when they play the Pats.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

I just re-watched the lateral play. It was a lateral - no question.  JBolt, Indy, look for yourselves:http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010102410/2010/REG7/patriots@chargers/watch

In addition, you can see that the onside kick did go 10 yards before it was touched and recovered by the Charger, so that was the right call on the field.

Seems like a pretty fair game was called for two teams that both have a rep for getting jobbed by the officials.  Jbolt, you were wrong about Nance/Nantz and you are wrong about the lateral.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Phantom PI and other calls : All kidding aside, it's becoming more and more difficutl to watch NFL games and not believe that officials go into contests with preconceived notions about who is going to win. Blown calls on the field in real time are one thing, but reviewable calls that come back completely wrong -- and covered with barely coherent jabberwock explanations (as happened in the Steelers/Dolphins and Vikings/Packers games -- directly affecting those outcomes) -- are unacceptable.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

The game this week in SD had bad calls, but, nowhere near as bad the Steeler/Fish end of game. Its a joke, the refs are being bought by Rooney, it appears anyway. Ask Ed H.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[QUOTE]Is the game rigged? Consider which teams won the past five Super Bowls.  Did it appear to you that they were given a huge, suspicious boost at times by the officiating, either in that game or their other games of their Super Bowl seasons? Ever notice how teams that buy new stadiums or make major renovations often go to the Super Bowl soon before or soon after the stadium is (re)constructed?  Do you think that will happen to the Jets this year?  I've already seen them get a ton of mysterious calls this season.  They own their last game on a major bogus call. Did you notice the Saints get a bunch of help (phantom P/I's all season) in the regular season last year?  What about the Bears?  The Colts?  The Steelers?  The Cards? They all either renovated their stadiums or built new ones in the recent past. They all went to the Super Bowl. Even the Pats. We know the NBA is or was fixed for years.  Same with most college sports. We hear former bookies claim they'd fixed NFL games.  Why should we not think the the NFL is fixing games?  How else can you explain the Bills/Ravens game?  How else can you explain the Steelers/'Fins game?  How else can you explain the Packers/Vikings game? I've written this during the past off-season: This may very well be my last season watching the NFL. I don't watch the NBA any more because I was convinced it was fixed (before it was revealed it was indeed fixed).  I never watched wrestling because it is fixed.  I stopped watching many Olympic events because they were fixed (boxing, gymnastics, figure skating, basketball).  I don't see why I should treat the NFL differently.
    Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE] the Padres made it to the World Series in 98 right before their new stadium issue was voted in NOV that year. valid point Chris

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]Jim Nance.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Ditto...