Phantom PI and other calls

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Re: Phantom PI and other calls

Personally I like the college PI rule better than the NFL. Never really cared for the desperation heave and hope we get a PI call in the end zone or within field goal range so we can get the ball on the one yard line to win the game. Lets make the offense work more for their points.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from perfect72. Show perfect72's posts

In Response to Re: Phantom PI and other calls:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Phantom PI and other calls : The game this week in SD had bad calls, but, nowhere near as bad the Steeler/Fish end of game. Its a joke, the refs are being bought by Rooney, it appears anyway. Ask Ed H.
    Posted by jbolted[/QUOTE]

No kidding. I almost threw my TV out of the window after that call. Yes I'm a Fin fan but that was one of the worst calls I have ever seen. What's worse is the line Judge calling a touchdown when he couldn't even see the football cross the goal line because Rothlesburgers back was toward him. What was that?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Phantom PI and other calls : The game this week in SD had bad calls, but, nowhere near as bad the Steeler/Fish end of game. Its a joke, the refs are being bought by Rooney, it appears anyway. Ask Ed H.
    Posted by jbolted[/QUOTE]

Since when are the right calls bad call? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from perfect72. Show perfect72's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Phantom PI and other calls : Since when are the right calls bad call? 
    Posted by m1024us[/QUOTE]
    Right call? Ben never crossed the goal line and it was impossible for the side judge to see where the ball was because Rothlesburgers back was to him. He's the only ref who called a touchdown..the one with the worst view of the ball. He Fumbled, Miami recovered. 3 Dolphins on the ball with the first Dolphin who jumped on the ball had it when he got up. If this were the Patriots you would be up in arms and you know it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Phantom PI and other calls : Agreed - Miami got hosed big time - the refs should have sorted out the pile on the ball
    Posted by qball369[/QUOTE]

How do you figure that? The ruling on the field was a TD, NOT "Who came up with the unnecessary fumble after the TD was declared?"

Are you proposing that the NFL now start making sure all possible angles are covered before calling a TD? Like holding? Leg whip? Who recovered the spiked ball after the TD was declared? Did the spike stay in bounds? Was it touched before leaving the playing field? Did the designated ball boy take the ball before the final verdit was made on the play?

The refs got it right. The review was made on whether it was a TD or not, NOT on who recovered the ball. It was NOT a TD, so Miami won the review. How many time have we seen players score a TD and then havethe ball ripped away from them just as they crossed the goal line or right befoire they hit the ground?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Phantom PI and other calls : No kidding. I almost threw my TV out of the window after that call. Yes I'm a Fin fan but that was one of the worst calls I have ever seen. What's worse is the line Judge calling a touchdown when he couldn't even see the football cross the goal line because Rothlesburgers back was toward him. What was that?
    Posted by perfect72[/QUOTE]

I agree Perfect if the ref wasn't sure about the TD then they shouldn't be signaling a TD.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]Personally I like the college PI rule better than the NFL. Never really cared for the desperation heave and hope we get a PI call in the end zone or within field goal range so we can get the ball on the one yard line to win the game. Lets make the offense work more for their points.
    Posted by Wizardsjag[/QUOTE]

Would you feel the same way if Tate fakes a CB out of his jock, has a 5 yard lead down the middle of the field, the ball's arriving at the 8 yard line, great 45 yard spiral by Brady to take the lead with 1:37 left, Tate's reaching up to catch the ball, we can see the 7 points and the celebration, and the safety comes up and flat knocks him down before the ball gets to Tate's hands. 7 potential points not scored, ball moved back up field, the defense has another chance to stop the scoring drive.

The over/under for you would be .001 second.... before you start whining about the Pats not having the spot foul versus the 15 yarder you advocate.
    Think about what you're saying.

Unless you're the Colts, what goes around comes around.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Phantom PI and other calls : Would you feel the same way if Tate fakes a CB out of his jock, has a 5 yard lead down the middle of the field, the ball's arriving at the 8 yard line, great 45 yard spiral by Brady to take the lead with 1:37 left, Tate's reaching up to catch the ball, we can see the 7 points and the celebration, and the safety comes up and flat knocks him down before the ball gets to Tate's hands. 7 potential points not scored, ball moved back up field, the defense has another chance to stop the scoring drive.   The over/under for you would be .001 second.... before you start whining about the Pats not having the spot foul versus the 15 yarder you advocate. Think about what you're saying. Unless you're the Colts, what goes around comes around.
    Posted by AZPAT[/QUOTE]

Yes I would because it's a two way street.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Phantom PI and other calls : Yes I would because it's a two way street.
    Posted by Wizardsjag[/QUOTE]

Don't bet the house or the kid's college education fund on that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Receivers would get clocked, a' la NBA games in the closing minutes, if the P/I penalty was only 15 yards. 

However, P/I calls should be reviewable. It is still the worst rule in football in its current form. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

Jbolt = zero credibility 

Jim Nance god rest soul= great credibility

jim Nantz= good credibility, good commentator 

Jbolt you said the stupidest thing ever stated on here  along with the golfing with Bush statement Jbolt
    you're a bigger fool than leon, and it can't get any worse than that.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]To Indylove: IF Manning had thrown that pass to Reggie Wayne instead of Brady to Faulk, the ball would have been spotted on the 40 instead of the 29 and a half yard line.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

Not quite. Instead, the officials would reflexively throw a flag for P/I against Ellis Hobbs, fully forgetting that he was playing for the Eagles.  They would spot the ball at the Pats' one.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I like the college PI rule much better. Having said that, questionable calls are a part of the game, whatever you may attribute them to. That's why you have to seriously BEAT a team rather than allowing the game to be close enough to be decided by a bad call. And you have to rack up enough wins to ensure if you lose a tough one it doesn't kill you, or send you into a tailspin like the Colts loss did to us last year. I have to laugh at the Fins and Chargers fans on this thread, only because: I've watched your teams all year and I think your record is about what it should be. It's not like you should be undefeated. Your teams just aren't that good right now. They're good enough to beat lots of teams any given Sunday but not good enough for a deep postseason run. That's how it goes sometimes. Our team has been in that situation as well.