Phil Simms is terrible

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Re: Phil Simms is terrible

In Response to Phil Simms is terrible:
    [QUOTE]thought he was going to cry when Brown missed the field goal.He was as biased as any announcer I've ever heard.What does he have against the Patriots? and I NEVER complain about announcers!
    Posted by rickrand3[/QUOTE]
    You mean you never complain about announcers? I'm glad you won.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

i know youd think hed like that pats seeing that he does the pats games every week

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jieregiere. Show jieregiere's posts

His son Chris was called in for a try out when Brady went down in 08.  The Patriots said "no thanks".  Ever since then he has has an anti-Patriots agenda.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Fish . . .

Please . . .

don't ever wish Dan Dierdorf on anyone.

That's just wrong.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from USMCM1A1. Show USMCM1A1's posts

You're insane.  Phil Simms loves the Patriots and Bill Belichick.  He played with Belichcik during their SB glory years, he's one of the few broadcasters Belichcick likes enough to give interviews to, and he is clearly appreciative of how good a franchise they are.

Serisously, how could you get this so absotively backwards?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbincpumpkin. Show dbincpumpkin's posts

rickrand thank you.  I initiated a similar post about a month ago on how Phil Simms was biased against the Pats.  The response from most on my post was that I didn't know what I was talking about and how Simms was so pro Pats that he had a past favorable history as QB with the Giants when BB was coach, that I was totally off base.

Sooh, for all of you so called Pats experts tht think Simms is so pro- Pats, I rest my case that you are all screwed up and big time @@@@

It's time the Pats get their own Johnny Most and screww all of the otjer play by play announcers !!  The Pats are the most disrespected tem in the NFL, bar NONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbincpumpkin. Show dbincpumpkin's posts

In Response to Re: Phil Simms is terrible:
    [QUOTE]You're insane.  Phil Simms loves the Patriots and Bill Belichick.  He played with Belichcik during their SB glory years, he's one of the few broadcasters Belichcick likes enough to give interviews to, and he is clearly appreciative of how good a franchise they are. Serisously, how could you get this so absotively backwards?
    Posted by USMCM1A1[/QUOTE]

And yes UMC, you are clueless;  start listening to Simms and you will start to understand how anti biased he is against the Pats

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from The-dude. Show The-dude's posts

Phil Simms is A1 OK.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gugadad. Show gugadad's posts

USMCM1A1,  In recent years the bias toward the Pats has been blatant by announcers.  While it is refreshing to see some credibility on occasion, Mr. Simms is not one of the luminaries in this department.  The fact that there was a relationship between Bill B. and Phil in the past does little to refute the charge of a bias in his comments.  He should take some lessons from the Belichick model of just the facts.  As soon as he gives his opinion it shows that his point of view is offensive both as an analyst and in his value judgements. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

I listen to the guy every week. I have no clue what you mean when you say he is biased against the Patriots. He's about as objective as you can get. What did he say that was so anti-Patriots?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbincpumpkin. Show dbincpumpkin's posts

[QUOTE]I listen to the guy every week. I have no clue what you mean when you say he is biased against the Patriots. He's about as objective as you can get. What did he say that was so anti-Patriots?
    Posted by Macrawn[/QUOTE]

The you need to listen closer my friend.  As a clue just tabulate the amount of time Mr Simms spends talking about the Pasts opponenets vs the Pats and you might understand what bias against NE he shows on every game !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gugadad. Show gugadad's posts

Macrawn, you need to listen to the subtleties of the conversations.  The emphasis of a certain play, player or team's performance is obvious when you hear the announcer bring attention when one team gains his/Simms's attention and is disregarded when the opponent deserves the same credit when showing equal or superior performance in other instances.  Mr. S. may not be aware, like you, of the bias, but it is evident to this fan that his actions are a source of distraction, causing the lack of respect in his performance in the booth.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

Phil Simms is the best announcer on the air today in my opinion. He is also NOT anti-Pats in any way whatsoever. I was really confused in reading this post. Also, would you care to interject what announcers you think do a really good job?? It's a short list...and Phil is definitely on that list.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Phil Simms is very anti-Patriot.  I remember the AFC championship game against the Colts, when I believe Hobbs got called for pass interference, and he never even touched the WR.  Phil Simms explained in detail that the call was justified because even though Hobbs didn't touch the WR, he was "face guarding".  But He left out one important point, face guarding isn't a penalty in the NFL! 

This guy is always bias against the Pats, wait until he calls another big game for the Patriots and you'll see it again.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

ill take him over joe buck any day.  thank god we dont play in the nfc

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

At least he doesnt sing Patriot praise when there is no reason to like Nance

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]You're insane.  Phil Simms loves the Patriots and Bill Belichick.  He played with Belichcik during their SB glory years, he's one of the few broadcasters Belichcick likes enough to give interviews to, and he is clearly appreciative of how good a franchise they are. Serisously, how could you get this so absotively backwards?
    Posted by USMCM1A1[/QUOTE]

Seriously, he probably actually listens to the broadcasts, instead of maintaining some pre-conceived take that makes him feel superior without lending an objective ear.

Seriously.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

FANDOM.  PLAIN AND SIMPLE. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

The best solution to any announcer that may bug you is to drink more during the game. Once I have about 6 beers in me I don't give F@#$K what they say. Also if you use aluminum cans the empties work as great ammo to throw at the TV for any insinuations I pick up when I reach the paranoia stage of my drunk.
    When I get up to about 9 beers I can actually turn the sound off and call the game in my head. Check it out, it works.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Yeah,  I don't get this theory. Simms loves BB and Brady.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

I don't hear the bias unless the PATS are getting their helmets turned around, in which case it would be totally normal to talk about who's handing who's butt to whom....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Simms was doing what every announcer does. Trying to make what was essentially a boring game exciting. It never works especially since a lot of close struggles are boring.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Phil Simms is terrible : And yes UMC, you are clueless;  start listening to Simms and you will start to understand how anti biased he is against the Pats
    Posted by pumpkin12446[/QUOTE]
    I think that USMC would like to meet you. Dweeb.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]Simms does tend to go on and on about whatever team the Pats are playing. For example, in the playoff game against the Raiders in 2001, I had to turn the sound off and Simms was going on and on about the Raiders. Al Michaels said that the Vikkings had a game in New York next week against the Jets.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]
    2001? You either need to let go or get medicated.