PI yardage

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

PI yardage

just out of curiosity, does anyone out there have any kind of pass interference yardage stat correlating to particular QBs in their carrer?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Re: PI yardage

In Response to PI yardage:
    [QUOTE]just out of curiosity, does anyone out there have any kind of pass interference yardage stat correlating to particular QBs in their carrer?
    Posted by flutie66[/QUOTE]

Not saying this determined the outcome of the game (especially because the refs all but took away pick routes early in the game by calling Collie for offensive pass interference... I thought I was going to sh*t my pants when it was actually called, but it's true), but here you go:

Call #1:
    2Q 5:21 - Leigh Bodden against Pierre Garcon, 19 yards
    4Q 3:03 - Darius Butler against Austin Collie, 31 yards

50 yards of pass interference...

On second thought, with Manning throwing so inaccurately tonight, maybe giftin 31 yards does make a big difference, but fact of the matter is Maroney fumbled it at the 2-yard line holding the ball out with one hand.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

Re: PI yardage

In Response to Re: PI yardage:
    [QUOTE]In Response to PI yardage : Not saying this determined the outcome of the game (especially because the refs all but took away pick routes early in the game by calling Collie for offensive pass interference... I thought I was going to sh*t my pants when it was actually called, but it's true), but here you go: Call #1: 2Q 5:21 - Leigh Bodden against Pierre Garcon, 19 yards 4Q 3:03 - Darius Butler against Austin Collie, 31 yards 50 yards of pass interference... On second thought, with Manning throwing so inaccurately tonight, maybe giftin 31 yards does make a big difference, but fact of the matter is Maroney fumbled it at the 2-yard line holding the ball out with one hand.
    Posted by NickC1188[/QUOTE]

im not saying this is why the colts won the game either (the patriots clearly did not put it away with their chances), but i seem to see PI calls called often for the colts in games, partictulary late in games. i also respect the fact the manning is a great QB and his recievers play at a much higher level because of him. no matter who he seems to throw to the ball is in the perfect place and they will tap their toes for the reception.

maybe the only defense is to actually commit the PI but i am pretty curious to see the numbers if they are out there.

(brady has had his calls as well)