Pioli says; " You can thank Tom"

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Pioli says;

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

I have seen BB get more involved then that on offense.  I have seen him tell OC to do different things.  I have seen him coach up both sides of the ball.  Have you not seen TFB standing talking with BB?  I don't think they are talking about what they did the night before.  And he should be more involved, the buck does stop with him. 

Yes, of course the players are responsible too.  But they gotta have all the tools available to them.  They need solid game plans.  They need solid backup plans.  They need solid play calling.  They need solid talent beside them to help them execute.  It's a team sport, rememeber??

The gameplans are conceived not just by BB. Your last paragraph implies that BB sits in a room by himself and thinks they need to pass it 40 times with 30 of those from the shotgun.

It doesn't work like that.

It is a team sport, which is why the players need to be held accountable, including Tom Brady. That's the point of this. He hasn''t been held accountable by some of our own fans.

Again, he prefers the shotgun.  So, maybe BB feels Brady will perform better in his preferred formation?

It doesn't work very well, obviously.  Crack the whip. Again, I think BB walking from Welker is symoblic to this.

Really, that's what you get from my last post.  WOW!!  It doesn't even come close to implying that.  Talk about making stuff up.  I think you are in attack mode 24/7 or you comprehension level is low.  Or both.

I think this picture sums up your posts...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Pioli states the obvious. Thank your lucky stars for Brady. You will not see his like again in your whole damned life on this team.

His detractors here should have been ridden out of town on a rail long ago. Simply disgraceful, and unbelievably stupid.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Pioli states the obvious. Thank your lucky stars for Brady. You will not see his like again in your whole damned life on this team.

His detractors here should have been ridden out of town on a rail long ago. Simply disgraceful, and unbelievably stupid.

He has risen!!!! Only 2 days late!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In other news, Jints just creamed his pants

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

"I cannot take another AFC title game egg laid by Brady."

Yawn. 

Even though you're not sniffing that game without Brady as your QB. 

Once we get there, it's all on him. 

These are dopey reductionist arguments. 

If there's one pattern to our playoff losses it's losing on every comparison - defense outplayed, line of scrimmage lost, special teams outplayed, turnover battle lost. 

You what i cannot take? I cannot take Bill coming up to the podium after another tough postseason loss and talking about how he was outcoached. 

Unlike Manning or Favre, Brady has never thrown a game-clinching post season interception. 

It should not be that hard to understand it's a team loss when we lose. You can tell that just by putting aside your rigid narrative and watching the games. 

Brady threw a game clinching pick in the 2006 AFC title game in Indy (Marlin Jackson).

I agree it's a team game and a loss is a team loss, but many here run in and blame the D to avoid putting any responsibility on Brady, where it appears Brady acts like he's not accountable.

Giselle comes running down and they're back off to California.

The only guy who can improve on his game from QB position in the postseason, is the QB himself.

Pretty sad that I knew we were probabaly going to lose the AFC title game by how many times Brady lined up in the shotgun in the first half, huh?

I commended him last year for the restructure and I did it this year.  I'd do the same thing if I was in his shoes, but it's also somewhat goofy to act like he's a hero, too.

Wise move if he's genuine about wanting to win another SB.   He went to bat for the union in 2010 and I think he realized he put the overall payroll into a crunch. I get it.  Oh, do I get it.

But, I also applaud him for doing what he did to help, too.

What the hell is this, really how can you honestly write something like that? Do you think because Giselle doesn't think Brady has a bad game Brady doesn't himself. The man sat in his locker with a towel on his head for about an hour after the last superbowl...that's a man who wishes he could take some things back. You're a ridiculous person Rusty coming out with shock statements like this, tell me one time when he's ever seemed as though it wasn't his fault or he was passing on the blame. If anything he blames himself too much and probably dements himself during games they're not playing well because he feels he should be able to do more.

All you are is a weasel and a liar. As well as that i've seen 3 threads you've trolled and ruined already today 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

If you are using that pick in 2006 to illustrate why we lost, it doesn't work. How big of a lead did we have going into halftime, and how many points did Gomer pile up in the 2nd half?

you are right, the team wins and loses. I think so many point to the d partially to respond to your constant Brady bashing. And, because we seemingly haven't finished the rebuilding which goes back 5 years and has cost us tons of wasted draft picks and cap money to address and we still have glaring holes.

It was 21-6 at the half, so a 15 points lead which is 2 TDs.

That lead wasn't as big as the media claimed.  Also, there were 2 calls that totally aided Indy in that game, so it's hard to go on the road and be against the refs, too.

The "faceguarding" call on Hobbs was so bad, the NFL sent a letter to the Pats saying they called it wrong.

The other was the phantom PI call on Troy Brown before half. There wasn't a replay shown.  That's how made up the call was. That's also a call they never, ever call.  NE punted, it allowed Indy to get a FG before half, where it was going to be at worst 24-3 before half, vs 21-6.

Anyway, Indy's D adjusted to defendign the run from the shotgun, but our offense simply did nothing in that second half.

The whole reason they scored their only TD/moved the ball into Indy's red zone? An Ellis Hobbs 80 yard kick off return.

Go look at the drive charts.  One drive was 57 seconds!

I referenced this game as one game of where our root problem lies in Elephant in the Room debates.

This problem goes way back. It's like, if the shotgun gameplan doesn't work, he struggles.  I don't even think the shotgun base should be an option as the base offense anymore.

I would only go it if trailing by a couple of scores or in the 2 minute or as a wrinkle. That's how failed it has become against good Ds.

Not saying Indy's D was good in the 2006 season, but once our offense didn't adjust after INdy's D did, it sputtered for the entire 2nd half.

Allowing 32 points in one half is 10 more points than most D's allow in a whole game.

Hate to tell you but ST scores count as points (ask Flacco) as do pick 6's.

It's called a TEAM effort which requires all three phases of the game.  IE:  Offenses score, ST's score and or contribute to good field position, Defenses make stops and can also score.

2 out of three did their job in that game.

Defensive fail for 7 years now!

Stay out of this conversation. Your interjections ruin otherwise what is solid discussion.

The D (and Troy Brown) bailed out Brady (3 INTs) the week before in San Diego.

Stay out of the discussion that I started? 

Tell you what.  You stay out of my threads with your constant TB bashing and BBBW.

In fact you should probably abondon all threads with your agenda.

Did the jets forum ban you?

Stay out of the discussion that the rest of us are having, yes.  I don't care if you started it or not.

You're trying to get in between PatsLifer, TFB12 and myself and it's annouying. You're basically trying to do what Gunty does when he follows me around with 4 or 5 word retorts in between the big boys having a discussion.

I suppose that's what happens when people like you or Gunty are overmatched in a debate. lol

If I am over matched at all, it's because I don't have a doctorate in Psychology and am dealing with a mental case.  I do have an Aunt who is a psych.  Perhaps I will consult with her in this case.

Now, quit ruining my and all threads with your perverse agenda.

The Board.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

I have seen BB get more involved then that on offense.  I have seen him tell OC to do different things.  I have seen him coach up both sides of the ball.  Have you not seen TFB standing talking with BB?  I don't think they are talking about what they did the night before.  And he should be more involved, the buck does stop with him. 

Yes, of course the players are responsible too.  But they gotta have all the tools available to them.  They need solid game plans.  They need solid backup plans.  They need solid play calling.  They need solid talent beside them to help them execute.  It's a team sport, rememeber??

The gameplans are conceived not just by BB. Your last paragraph implies that BB sits in a room by himself and thinks they need to pass it 40 times with 30 of those from the shotgun.

It is a team sport, which is why the players need to be held accountable, including Tom Brady. That's the point of this. He hasn''t been held accountable by some of our own fans.

Again, he prefers the shotgun.  So, maybe BB feels Brady will perform better in his preferred formation?

It doesn't work very well, obviously.  Crack the whip. Again, I think BB walking from Welker is symoblic to this.

Really, that's what you get from my last post.  WOW!!  It doesn't even come close to implying that.  Talk about making stuff up.  I think you are in attack mode 24/7 or you comprehension level is low.  Or both.

Yup!  That sums it up quite nicely.  LOL

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

LMAO i bet

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[quote]

Yes, but why hasn't Mike Reiss, Felgie, Tony Mazz, etc, ANY person who follows the NFL and gets paid to analyze, not brought up this subpar Brady postseason problem and the fact it all happens in the shotgun spread base?

Why is that I know the problems, but they don't?

Dude, Brady is in on the gameplanning. His suggestions, wants, opinions, etc, are taken into account.

Same with Gomer Manning. 

These QBs basically run their own offenses and don't have to have OCs!  How do you not get this by now?  The coaches don't walk into the room to gameplan and act like Hitler. It's a reciprocal relationship.   BB, McDaniels and Brady all convene and put thoughts on a table, VERY LIKELY, all the thoughts meshing together in a similar fashion.

9/10 times it works, but it's that 1 time where it doesn't where the QB still has to be held accountable.

I hold BB, McDaniels and Brady accountable, but the execution is on Brady, not BB or McDaniels.  BB is nothing more than overseer of the offense.  I am not going to bash him exlusively because it's completely irrational to expect him to be nitpicking and micromanaging McDaniels and Brady all game long.

All it takes is one INT, bad decision to flip  game in this era. It's not 1985, where you have 10 Haves and 20 Have Not franchises with no cap. So, that one INT that is so stupid and unnecessary is HUGE! Huge!

That's not on BB! That's on Brady.

If you seriously want to blame Tony Dungy for Gomer's meltdowns or now John Fox or BB every single time these QBs fail or play under the expected level, that's your perogative, but the intelligent fans know the score.

[/quote]

Dude, there are many reporters, analyists and retired players who have had negative columns, words about TFB's play in the playoffs. Are you living under a rock?? 

But you or even them can't put it all on TFB.  THis article by Greg Bedard is pretty good..

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2013/01/27/tom-brady-isn-one-blame-for-patriots-loss/4EFlWCBszZCaUWOKVXke5M/story.html

Also, I think John Fox made a really bad error against the Ravens.  With Manning playing QB, you go for the win and don't even take the game into OT.  Manning did come out and say he agreed with the call but really, he isn't going to throw his head coach under the bus on that one.

I'm pretty sure BB has more input on the offense then just giving McD free rein over the offense or as you like to put it.. overseeing it.  Matter of fact I have seen BB get involved in the offense during the game, more then just overseeing it.

It's BB responsibility to field a team that has the talent to win the big games.  Last I checked TFB tried to get involved with it by redoing his contract so he could, but as you see they are still lacking at some pretty important positions.

This offense requires TFB to carry it on his shoulders, season after season.  It requires him to have a perfect game during the post season to win.  He needs more healthy, talented players.  He good, very good, even great but he isn't perfect.  No QB is or should be expected to be perfect to win time and time again. 

Yeah, BB does get involved. He calls timeouts and overrules. Yes. I never said anything otherwise, but you can't just put all the blame at the feet of BB in that area. That's ridiculous.

BB is like a Major who is back off the front lines. He can see things from afar, but it's the lieutenants and seageants in the battle that are the first to execute and act.

McDaniels is the lieutenant, Brady a sargeant.

Make sense?  BB is on one leg talking to the D as McDaneils is calling in plays and Brady chooses to audible or go into a shotgun.

BB is responsible for it all.  I get it. The buck stops with him, but to be fair, it's about the players too.

Complete BS Russ. The buck stops with BB period. Argue that point please.

and since it stops with him, if the offense is flawed or if Brady is not getting it done, then it rests on bb's shoulders to fix it. He has ultimate accountability as coach and GM. 

So, go on bashing Brady, but be aware, every time you do, you are saying bb isn't getting it done and he continues to let a flawed offense spiral down the crapper and bring the whole team down.

your retarted argument about shotgun spread, Brady runs the team, the gameplan and strategy is  wrong. Even if it was correct by some weird chance, it still comes back to the man in charge...you know, the major. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Yup!  That sums it up quite nicely.  LOL

And here you are (except replace some video game controllers with a few pairs or Brady underoos stapled to your large waistline):

Sums YOU up nicely. LOL

Hey that wouldn't be bad considering this picture of you posting on this forum...

at least put some clothes on dude!!

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

How did the defense fail in the Super Bowl when they allowed even fewer points in the game than their season average? A season where they went 13-3. The offense scored well below their season average and turned the ball over. I'd say the defense came to play that day while the offense didn't show up. To say the defense has failed them in the end for 7 years is ridiculous, look at how the offense has struggled in those games. The games that matter, not games against the Rams or Titans. Had the Patriots lost 3-0 on a fg that was set up by an offensive turnover I believe some here would blame the defense for that too.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Guys! Guys! We don't win because of Tom Brady, we win DESPITE Tom Brady. It's guys like Arrington, Patrick Chung, Kyle Love...that bring home the bacon for us. Also it's our wonderful use of the salary cap that gets us these wins. No other team has won so much do to the management of their salary cap than us...no one. We put on a clinic with our fiscal responsibility...why we win. Period.

And take a look at how everyone wants to copy us - you don't see teams trying to acquire a quarterback like ours - but you do see them try to sign guys like Fenene, Shaun Ellis and trade for value players like Ocho Cinco and Haynesworth. The low risk, high reward formula is copied...and it should...it makes us win. Hell, we don't even have any other choice but to win!

I really believe that if Brady wasn't here we'd be even better. I say we trade him...take his salary cap money...and just pocket it...don't even spend it. This way we can show the league we are even smarter than they already think we are. We can go out and maybe buy the players some fancy pens or something...perhaps get them some new cleats...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Russ,

i didn't say brady was blameless. I said there is plenty blame to spread around...offense, defense, st, coaching, etc...however, it all funnels back to the man behind the curtain...bb himself...he shops for the groceries, coaches them up, develops gameplan. Any failure is on him. Individual failure on individual, bb gets the collectIve blame. 

What does it matter if brady likes the shotgun? He likes brazilians and uggs too. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Never seen so many people hate a coach that leads their team to the best record in all of sports for over ten years. You could say the same thing about Brady but he doesn't get near the bashing that Belichick gets here. Are the Patriots the only team that has missed on draft picks or free agents? If so then how do they win more games than anyone else? It can't be just because of the quarterback , if he had that much an impact then Montana would have won 10 Super Bowls.

I don't know about anyone else here but I'm just fine with having Belichick as coach, Brady as QB, and Kraft owning the team. As a kid I remember seeing them as a terrible team, a 1-15 team one year. My dad would tell me how bad they were before that too we're fortunate to have all three of these guys here.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

no idea what u mean Bulger

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

If you are using that pick in 2006 to illustrate why we lost, it doesn't work. How big of a lead did we have going into halftime, and how many points did Gomer pile up in the 2nd half?

you are right, the team wins and loses. I think so many point to the d partially to respond to your constant Brady bashing. And, because we seemingly haven't finished the rebuilding which goes back 5 years and has cost us tons of wasted draft picks and cap money to address and we still have glaring holes.

It was 21-6 at the half, so a 15 points lead which is 2 TDs.

That lead wasn't as big as the media claimed.  Also, there were 2 calls that totally aided Indy in that game, so it's hard to go on the road and be against the refs, too.

The "faceguarding" call on Hobbs was so bad, the NFL sent a letter to the Pats saying they called it wrong.

The other was the phantom PI call on Troy Brown before half. There wasn't a replay shown.  That's how made up the call was. That's also a call they never, ever call.  NE punted, it allowed Indy to get a FG before half, where it was going to be at worst 24-3 before half, vs 21-6.

Anyway, Indy's D adjusted to defendign the run from the shotgun, but our offense simply did nothing in that second half.

The whole reason they scored their only TD/moved the ball into Indy's red zone? An Ellis Hobbs 80 yard kick off return.

Go look at the drive charts.  One drive was 57 seconds!

I referenced this game as one game of where our root problem lies in Elephant in the Room debates.

This problem goes way back. It's like, if the shotgun gameplan doesn't work, he struggles.  I don't even think the shotgun base should be an option as the base offense anymore.

I would only go it if trailing by a couple of scores or in the 2 minute or as a wrinkle. That's how failed it has become against good Ds.

Not saying Indy's D was good in the 2006 season, but once our offense didn't adjust after INdy's D did, it sputtered for the entire 2nd half.

Allowing 32 points in one half is 10 more points than most D's allow in a whole game.

Hate to tell you but ST scores count as points (ask Flacco) as do pick 6's.

It's called a TEAM effort which requires all three phases of the game.  IE:  Offenses score, ST's score and or contribute to good field position, Defenses make stops and can also score.

2 out of three did their job in that game.

Defensive fail for 7 years now!

Stay out of this conversation. Your interjections ruin otherwise what is solid discussion.

The D (and Troy Brown) bailed out Brady (3 INTs) the week before in San Diego.

Stay out of the discussion that I started? 

Tell you what.  You stay out of my threads with your constant TB bashing and BBBW.

In fact you should probably abondon all threads with your agenda.

Did the jets forum ban you?

Stay out of the discussion that the rest of us are having, yes.  I don't care if you started it or not.

You're trying to get in between PatsLifer, TFB12 and myself and it's annouying. You're basically trying to do what Gunty does when he follows me around with 4 or 5 word retorts in between the big boys having a discussion.

I suppose that's what happens when people like you or Gunty are overmatched in a debate. lol

queenie the day you "overmatch" me will never come

even with ur 30-something vast cultural experience