Pioli

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamerson32. Show jamerson32's posts

Pioli

Lots of talk about scott leaving the Patriots for the GM job in Detroit or Kansas City. I for one, don't believe that Bill and Bob would let him go and furthermore, why would he want to go? I hope he doesn't leave for vanity reasons. I don't think that the dollars would be too much that Kraft wouldn't pay it to keep him.

Any thoughts?

-Jamerson

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

Pioli

On the surface, that all makes sense. But we don't know what happens behind closed doors. I can't imagine that working for BB is easy. Although it must be VERY gratifying to see him use the tools you give him to such a great end. I would think that in just a few more years SP and BB would have to be considered the best Coach/GM/Player personel tandem ever..

Lets hope that BK and BB make it very dificult for SP to even think of leaving..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Pioli

I agree Jamerson no way they let him leave nor do i think he would leave NE for a lackluster job like the Lions.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSII. Show BSII's posts

Pioli

Pioli has had better offers in years past then Detroit or KC. The guy seems to like his situation, no reason to disrupt your life if you are happy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Pioli

He can't leave here unless the job represents something better, so it would have to be an offer for tema president or something.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Pioli

A GM job with full control over personnel (much like the Tuna got in Miami) would be considered a "promotion". They could not stop him from leaving in that case. Only if it is a parallel move does his contract have to be considered. I certainly hope he likes it where he is and decides not to move on (he's done so before). I'm sure Kraft would match whatever salary he may be offered.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 19andNo. Show 19andNo's posts

Pioli

It's called building a legacy. Why would he continue to stay at one place and rot? Maybe he likes a challenge and taking a job like Detroit or KC maybe the challenge he is looking for. If successful he only makes his legacy that much stronger. If he wants to continue to be referred to as that guy in New England he will stay if he wants to someday be Scott Pioli - General Manager then he needs to leave and see if he can build success where others have failed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Pioli

m

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Pioli

/

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Pioli

only d*ckheads like you who dont know what they are talking to would ever refer to him as "that guy from NE" people who know football and the importent people know exactly who he is and consider him the best in the bizz you just want to see him leave cause you want to see teh down fall of teh Pats but he wont leave and we wont fall and you will just have to continue to watch and learn cause if you have not cought on yet, every year you root for us to fall on our face and every year we continue to win even without our #1 QB and it just kills you to see how good we are and thats why you act the way you act, you can say its cause you hate them but we all know its cause you hate watching them win and you can say its cause you hate us the fans but we all know its cause you hate being wrong on a yearly basis but get used to it fool cause Pioli is not going anywhere and as long as we have Belicheck, Pioli, and Kraft we will put together a contender every year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

Pioli

nobody thinks of pioli as that guy in NE.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Pioli

Rot?

Are you mentally imbalanced?

In the salary-cap era, what Pioli and the Patriots have accomplished is beyond amazing. Longevity is the exception rather than rule in this day and age and maintaining a franchise at the top of the league year-in, year-out speaks to the wisdom of keeping together a system that works. Pioli has nothing to prove to anyone but himself, and he may well take a rebuilding job where he has more control -- but nobody who knows anything about football refers to Scott Pioli as "that guy in New England."

You're an idiot.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

Pioli

One of the advantages about going to detroit is that even if you suck, you won't get fired. The worst part of going there is that it is detroit

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 19andNo. Show 19andNo's posts

Pioli

We will see how good you are when the playoffs are over. That is if you make the playoffs. I really, really hope you don't have your blinders on and think this team is going to do anything in the playoffs. I would be surprised if they were even capable of beating a playoff team. I mean for the last 2 months they have been feasting on bottom dwellers and the really good competition has eaten their lunch.

Now if I hear you correct you expect to take an over the hill defense and a product of the system quarterback and win the Super Bowl? But last year with an undefeated team you couldn't accomplish that. Man, the ice and snow has really frozen your brain.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

Pioli

why would the patriots executives let Dimitrioff go if they were not allready discussing a long term deal for SP...

i would think that Pioli and Kraft sat down before the team elected to watch Dimitrioff walk...

i understand SP could tell kraft one thing and do another but that would not make sense for a GM to burn bridges like that in any situation, because down the road these front offices..., expecially the ones out of our division like detroit and KC would need to talk...

the detroit and KC job will be retained by GMs with minimal influences due to the economy... when you have a coach like Herm Edwards who has a great vision and passion for the game i would think you could hire a young pup as an interum GM and save the coin...???????????

these teams are dumping pay roll i do not think they will be replacing it with big dollar executives