Pisa Tinoisamoa?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

Pisa Tinoisamoa?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-rams-tinoisamoa&prov=ap&type=lgns

The St. Louis Rams have released veteran linebacker Pisa Tinoisamoa(notes), the team’s leading tackler last season.

Good fit? Looks good to me. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Re: Pisa Tinoisamoa?

I would rather go with what we got then spend money on another free agent. He wouldnt make us much better plus he would stunt teh growth of a guy like Guyton at ILB. bring in JT and leave it at that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-rams-tinoisamoa&prov=ap&type=lgns T he  St. Louis Rams  have released veteran linebacker  Pisa Tinoisamoa (notes) ,  the team’s leading tackler last season. Good fit? Looks good to me. 
    Posted by mrbungle[/QUOTE]

http://rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=382

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

[QUOTE]http://rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=382
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

Pisa Tinoisamoa is a top flight MLB and has the requisite skill set and physical prowess to rapidl;y adapt to a 34 defense.The Patriots were one of many teams who were seriously interested in him when he came out of school and well they should have been.Pisa always had the necessary instincts and attitude needed to excel as a middle linebacker in a 4-3 defense and an inside linebacker in a 34;two attributes which cannot be coached.He has shown a improvement in the technical tools required by the position and has displayed the ability to grasp defensive systems.I am not aware of anyone ever complaining about his desire.He would,in my opinion,be an excellent choice to replace Tedy when the time comes and don't worry about stiffling guyton's development because at least 3 inside backers(and often 4)in a 34 allignment so all 3,and nest year Mckenzie,would be as solid a quartet as any fan could hope to see.Please coach go get him

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fuzzy1. Show fuzzy1's posts

I was thinking the same thing, but don't forget the Guyton/Redd/Alexander beat out Victor Hobson last year.  I like Guyton, Alexander is solid when he isn't injured, and all of the Pats linebackers are bigger than Tinaoisamoa.  I just have a feeling this would work out like Hobson.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

but he could be a great speed rusher off the edge.depth never hurts.plus its possible AD Thomas could be seeing a lot of action in the ILB spot.he has played both positions,and with him getting older it wouldnt hurt.then it opens the OLB spots for the quicker players.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

There are times where size does not beat out desire, this is one of those cases.  He is not the size we like, but I think he would still do very well for us, at the right price.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]There are times where size does not beat out desire, this is one of those cases.  He is not the size we like, but I think he would still do very well for us, at the right price.
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon[/QUOTE] this is the part that is confuseing.there are gonna be times we see a safety,someone like tank playing the SS/LB positions.now when he is lineing up at the LB spot,he only weighs 200lbs.so what would be the diffrence?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

the difference? base defense vs passing defense

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

yes, but if tank is at the edge,and the design is for him to rush the qb,at 200lbs whats the diffrence?tank wont be in there on every snap.and eather would tinoisamoa.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

tank is listed at 223

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I think Pisa would be a tremendous fit. He is starter for sure. The only question would be of whether BB thinks NE needs an ILB like many fans here do.

I am inclined to say yes, and that they aren't super comfortable going down the road with Guyton. But I only base that on the fact that they picked up two more ILBs this draft.

So who knows.

And yes 6'1" 240 is a touch small. But it isn't past the thresh-hold of too small IMO.

I save that for kids beneath 239. It is such an arbitrary line to draw, but it has to be somewhere, and that is 4-3 only territory for me.

And Tank is something that is competely different. I don't know why people think Ne will have this novel defense. They have run a big nickel for years. Rodney was always that LB/S in the big nickel before.

Belichick is lining the roster up at safety so that he has a group of guys who can play at different levels. Three of them on the field can really confuse a defense because they won't know who is coming high and who is coming low, or if you have two showing a low look, which one is coming in the blitz and which one isn't.

I am really excited about a package that includes Meriweather, Chung and McGowan. It will simply confound opposing offenses, especially teams that like to adjust at the line of scrimmage and run three wide or two TE sets often.

The fact that NE has at least one safety in Meriweather who can play man against an outside reciever and blitz and one corner who has reps at safety in Springs makes even more possibilites for disguising assignments.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]tank is listed at 223
    Posted by KyleCleric2[/QUOTE] you answered my question.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

do it.