Pissed about T.Jones signing!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from InaPatsstateofmind. Show InaPatsstateofmind's posts

Pissed about T.Jones signing!!!

SOOOO disappointed that we couldnt sign T Jones...especially considering he signed a 2 yr 5 Mill contract...on an uncapped yr it is unexcusable that we werent even in the mix..He would have been a huge upgrade, he would have stepped right into a leadership role, and most importantly he could have clued us in on the Jests playcalling....my stomach is turning..thinking we could have had him. He is better than Laura, better than Taylor..he would have been especially motivated to do well against Jests...damn it!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Re: Pissed about T.Jones signing!!!

Patriots have no intention on improving this off season.  They are going to re-sign a few key players from last year, trade down in the draft - and that's about it.

Somehow a team that wasn't even close is going to bring back the same players (minus Jarvis Green their best pass rusher) and expect different results.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

I don't know how much better he'd be over Fred Taylor.

I think the biggest issue is the offensive line. The Jets offensive line is leaps and bounds ahead of the Patriots right now so what T. Jones does with our line is debatable. Our line's not atrocious by any means but come on, the Jets line was cleaning house last year.

As far as the play-calling, I'm not sure that'd help much. All the players and coaches say that that aspect of trades/free agent signings is vastly overrated.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Schumpeters, I couldn't disagree more. By addressing the strong points of last year AND MAKING THE COMMITMENT TO THEM, you then set the table to add on to your team through the draft and free agency. 90% of free agents are still out there and the Patriots are rarely first movers. They'll let their targeted players shop and get a value put on them. Then the Patriots will come in, if they want that player, and make an offer based on what the market dictates. Just because they don't act fast doesn't mean they're not going to act at all. If you think about it, the Patriots to me are the second biggest winners this off-season. Even first perhaps given the Bears did nothing to bolster their offense in a clearly offense-driven division. At best, even with Taylor and Peppers, they're still third in the division.

If you let Wilfork and Bodden walk and you add pieces, people would say "yeah we got so and so but we still lost Bodden and Wilfork so really how much better did we get over last year?" Now, everything else we get ADDS to the great team we had last year, which was a great team given we were in REBUILDING mode.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In Response to Re: Pissed about T.Jones signing!!!:
    Schumpeters, I couldn't disagree more. By addressing the strong points of last year AND MAKING THE COMMITMENT TO THEM, you then set the table to add on to your team through the draft and free agency. 90% of free agents are still out there and the Patriots are rarely first movers. They'll let their targeted players shop and get a value put on them. Then the Patriots will come in, if they want that player, and make an offer based on what the market dictates. Just because they don't act fast doesn't mean they're not going to act at all. If you think about it, the Patriots to me are the second biggest winners this off-season. Even first perhaps given the Bears did nothing to bolster their offense in a clearly offense-driven division. At best, even with Taylor and Peppers, they're still third in the division. If you let Wilfork and Bodden walk and you add pieces, people would say "yeah we got so and so but we still lost Bodden and Wilfork so really how much better did we get over last year?" Now, everything else we get ADDS to the great team we had last year, which was a great team given we were in REBUILDING mode.
    Posted by apdynasty23

I hope you are right.

But the way that team played last year - they need to add many pieces.  So far they have lost Jarvis Green and added NOTHING.

They have also watched the few impact players sign elsewhere.  I think Pioli was the brains of the outfit.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

I don't know how much better he'd be over Fred Taylor. Posted by apdynasty23

Here you go: Thomas Jones 1402 yds and 14 TD's for 2009   For Taylor: 269 yds and 4 TD's.  You could say Jones has a slight edge.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

the last thing the pats needed was another old back on the verge of falling apart. good backs can be found in the middle rounds. time to go draft one or two. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

It still says March 10th on my calendar.  I'd bet the Mortgage one of the higher picks being a bruising RB.  A young back fits their needs much more than an old war horse.  The Jets had designs on fasing him out last year. 

I'm looking DE, RB, OLB and WR as being high needs. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

As a Pats fan...the Jets wanted him back, and didn't get him. That's a win in NE as far as I'm concerned.

Besides, KC is just NE-West, they're like our little brother: Pioli, Crennel, Weis, Cassel, Vrable. They may aggravate you, but how can you really not like them in the end?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Pioli the brains of the outfit...NO Comment!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

not me, I'm glad he is in KC now and not with NY.  Like someone mentioned, it's a win actually for the Pats....the jets will have to rely on their young RB - S. Greene to take on the full load.....The road might be a bit tougher for Greene now without T. Jones.  Sorta like when C. Dillon left the Pats and it was maroney's gig....
    I'm thinking the Pats will land *and HOPEFULLY HIT ON* a RB in the Draft - (2nd rd)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lostinbaltimore. Show lostinbaltimore's posts

Did I see where Fargus from Oakland was cut????? He ran hard for a very poor O-Line. I have to think you could probably get him cheaper than Jones.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

I am hoping that the Pats draft a RB in the 2nd round also, but I am starting to get the unsettling feeling that they will not. It seems that if they thought they needed one, they would at least have kicked the tires on T Jones and/or C Taylor.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Patriots have no intention on improving this off season.  They are going to re-sign a few key players from last year, trade down in the draft - and that's about it. Somehow a team that wasn't even close is going to bring back the same players (minus Jarvis Green their best pass rusher) and expect different results.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost

Takes the cake for the dumbest post.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Pissed about T.Jones signing!!! : Here you go: Thomas Jones 1402 yds and 14 TD's for 2009   For Taylor: 269 yds and 4 TD's.  You could say Jones has a slight edge.
    Posted by BBRULES23

LOL, don't be stupid.....

It would have been nice to have Jones, but we don't need him....it is better that NY does not have him......they have gotten worse.....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from djkg. Show djkg's posts

Patriots have no intention on improving this off season.  They are going to re-sign a few key players from last year, trade down in the draft - and that's about it. Somehow a team that wasn't even close is going to bring back the same players (minus Jarvis Green their best pass rusher) and expect different results.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost

Overreact much...
    Free agency just began last Friday and people are screaming they haven't done anything. PATIENCE! There is plenty of offseason left.

By the way, their "best pass rusher" had a grand total of 3 sacks in the past 2 seasons! Denver overpaid him. They will be paying him about the same amount the Pats will be paying Bodden per year, an everydown player. The fact is the Pats resigned their best pass rusher in Tully Banta Cain.

Everyone has complained they do not resign their good players, this year they finally do and people are still complaining. I am happy with what they have done so far. They have kept some key pieces and now they can concentrate on building around that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

I'm sure that BB has a plan up his sleeve. TJ could have been signed for the amount, which was very team friendly if I might add. I guess Pats are comfortable with the RB and plan to draft one pretty high (maybe even #22). So having TJ, along with FT, LM, SM and BJGE will not be appropriate. We have to cut someone and the others have experience in our system. I think that this would be the final years of SM and FT and if Maroney is injured/fumbles again, he is traded for a late round pick.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

I don't mean that Fred Taylor is better than Thomas Jones but that both of their production will drop off with our line.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from InaPatsstateofmind. Show InaPatsstateofmind's posts

2 yrs 5 Million represents value...as for being an aging RB ...he had 1400 yds ..14 tds...aging my bummhole....he is leaps and bounds better than what we have..NO EXCUSE why we were not in the mix....we probably could have signed him for less...SuperBowl contender and in the ame division as the team that just cut you....just admit to the fact of how disappointing it is to see someone that good sign for nothing when we have a clear need for such a player.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from InaPatsstateofmind. Show InaPatsstateofmind's posts

As for those who say we will draft a RB ....when was the last time we drafted a good RB?....Curtis Martin and that wasnt Belichick..that was Parcells...so dont sit there and say we will hit on a RB in the draft when we havent done it in forever!

BB drafts OL and DLs' well
    drafts secondary (time will tell)
    drafts position players poorly (WR? RB? TE? QB (Brady we lucked out, that no one grabbed him earlier)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

2 yrs 5 Million represents value...as for being an aging RB ...he had 1400 yds ..14 tds...aging my bummhole....he is leaps and bounds better than what we have..NO EXCUSE why we were not in the mix....we probably could have signed him for less...SuperBowl contender and in the ame division as the team that just cut you....just admit to the fact of how disappointing it is to see someone that good sign for nothing when we have a clear need for such a player.
    Posted by InaPatsstateofmind

The difference is that TJ had a good run blocking O-line.....the Pats run blocking was ok, but not as good as the Jests.  Also, Taylor was hurt, missed a number of games and the Pats were using the RB by committee approach.....so you can't actually compare TJ to Taylor.....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: Pissed about T.Jones signing!!! : Overreact much... Free agency just began last Friday and people are screaming they haven't done anything. PATIENCE! There is plenty of offseason left. By the way, their "best pass rusher" had a grand total of 3 sacks in the past 2 seasons! Denver overpaid him. They will be paying him about the same amount the Pats will be paying Bodden per year, an everydown player. The fact is the Pats resigned their best pass rusher in Tully Banta Cain. Everyone has complained they do not resign their good players, this year they finally do and people are still complaining. I am happy with what they have done so far. They have kept some key pieces and now they can concentrate on building around that.
    Posted by djkg

Pay close attention to this.

These forums aren't about discussing what the Pats do or do not do (there is no try), they're about people exercisng their right to express themselves . . .

even when they don't have anything particularly meaningful to say.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from datdude401. Show datdude401's posts

Shouldve digned him and dropped Taylor. Or Morris they'll both miss time this yr, as always. This guy went for 1000+ the last 3 yrs. When's then last time we had a 1000 yard back....Oh yea we won the 'Chip that yr go figure.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Shouldve digned him and dropped Taylor. Or Morris they'll both miss time this yr, as always. This guy went for 1000+ the last 3 yrs. When's then last time we had a 1000 yard back....Oh yea we won the 'Chip that yr go figure.
    Posted by datdude401

ANd yet the Pats finish pretty high (top 13) in rushing yds per game almost every year....since then.....

2009 12th
    2008 6th
    2007 13th
    2006 12th
    2005 24th
    2004 7th
    2003 27th
    2002 28th

How did the Pats do before Dillon?  They won 2 and had a horrible running game....