1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Re: Pitt can't match...unless

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

The Pats offered Emmanuel Sanders a 1 year 2.5 million dollar contract to steal him from AFC rival Pittsburgh Steelers, but the ball is in Pittsburgh's court as they now have a chance to match the Pats offer. To retain Sanders, Pitt has to be willing to pay that 2.5 mill...

Here's where the genius of Bill Belichick sets in, Pitt only has 1.9 million in free cap space. We'll know if Pitt wants Samuel or not, they'll have to cut someone or restructure someone's contract. 

In other words...BB > Pitt...as usual.

I think the genius is that he's not doing a multi year deal. If he did, Pitt might be able to make it work easier.

That's the genius.

This is what Tony Mazz and Felger don't get. They kept whining with those high pitched voices all afternoon yesterday, but BB won't be throwing a 3rd to sign Sanders to 1 year here. If he offered a multi year deal, Pitt coud spread it out and maybe handle another roster mover after 2013.

BB has the screws put to Colbert right now and RKrap andMt Puuke still don't get it.

If they do get him, which the more time goes by, it appears they will, BB will then extend Sanders to a 3 or 4 year deal in camp or before the season starts.

That way he controls the contract. At least, that is the hope. Sanders will get a signiifcant raise, long term security, etc.

What you're seeing now with Pitt, the Giants, Ravens, etc, essentially all these GMs that peopl have been saying are better than BB, are cleary not better in terms of salary allocation, reading markets, etc. Not even close.

Can you imagine if BB had drafted Mike Wallace or had a good WR that was needed what was drafted 3 years ago, who are now gone, simply because of poor salary allocation?  This board would be asking for him to resign.

This is exactly the kind of stuff I've been talking about with BB in recent years. He has leverage to pick and choose who he wants in FA in 2013 and 2014.

Utter genius.

NUMBER OF CHAMPIONSHIPS SINCE 2005:

GIANTS 2

STEELERS 2

RAVENS 1

PATS 0

Two words: Tom Brady.

That simple.

It's not BB's fault his QB goes in cocky to games and then lays eggs. 

Last time I checked, he was the best GM of 2010 (by a mile), had his team in the SB in 2011 and a #2 seed this year.

I'd call that doing a lot better than Giants in 2012, who just missed the playoffs yet again, unable to defend their title, which is pathetic for a veteran team like that.

The topic is who does the best job putting his team into a position to compete for that SB title, not how many rings since some oddly chosen year from 8 years ago.

Face it, your team got lucky beyond belief in SB 42 (everyone knows it) and Brady served it up in the 4th qtr with a hand from Welker in SB 46. There is nothing BB could have done to jump onto the field to make Brady better there. It's up to the players in that moment and our 2 best on offense coughed it up. Plain and simple. You're welcome.

Enjoy and walk away from the board.  But, you can't change the facts.  BB is clearly the best GM in the NFL.

i agree Tom Brady does make Bellichick look brilliant

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to CaptainZdeno33's comment:

Two words: Tom Brady.

That simple.

It's not BB's fault his QB goes in cocky to games and then lays eggs.   

Roethlisberger was really superb in their two SB wins, right?

Dude, are you BB's girlfriend or what?

Laughing

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

Russ might be right on Brady's subpar play in recent postseasons...however, as good a job as bb does, what Russ wont admit is that this team competes in the post season every year mainly because of Brady. No Brady, no post season...that simple. And, please don't reference the 1 year with cassel as it is an anominoly. 

ding ding ding! we have a winner!

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

Rusty is only person alive that doesn't think the Pats defense's inability to get key stops hasn't hurt them in the Superbowl loses. Nink's off side penalty on 3rd down could be easily pinpointed as the that cost them a Superbowl.

That's pretty much up there with the Welker drop/Brady throw play.  That was key at a critical time.

BINGO!!  But Burger man will have an excuse how that wasn't a big deal.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

The Pats offered Emmanuel Sanders a 1 year 2.5 million dollar contract to steal him from AFC rival Pittsburgh Steelers, but the ball is in Pittsburgh's court as they now have a chance to match the Pats offer. To retain Sanders, Pitt has to be willing to pay that 2.5 mill...

Here's where the genius of Bill Belichick sets in, Pitt only has 1.9 million in free cap space. We'll know if Pitt wants Samuel or not, they'll have to cut someone or restructure someone's contract. 

I think the genius is that he's not doing a multi year deal. If he did, Pitt might be able to make it work easier.

That's the genius.

This is what Tony Mazz and Felger don't get. They kept whining with those high pitched voices all afternoon yesterday, but BB won't be throwing a 3rd to sign Sanders to 1 year here. If he offered a multi year deal, Pitt coud spread it out and maybe handle another roster mover after 2013.

BB has the screws put to Colbert right now and RKrap andMt Puuke still don't get it.

If they do get him, which the more time goes by, it appears they will, BB will then extend Sanders to a 3 or 4 year deal in camp or before the season starts.

That way he controls the contract. At least, that is the hope. Sanders will get a signiifcant raise, long term security, etc.

What you're seeing now with Pitt, the Giants, Ravens, etc, essentially all these GMs that peopl have been saying are better than BB, are cleary not better in terms of salary allocation, reading markets, etc. Not even close.

Can you imagine if BB had drafted Mike Wallace or had a good WR that was needed what was drafted 3 years ago, who are now gone, simply because of poor salary allocation?  This board would be asking for him to resign.

This is exactly the kind of stuff I've been talking about with BB in recent years. He has leverage to pick and choose who he wants in FA in 2013 and 2014.

Utter genius.

GIANTS 2

STEELERS 2

RAVENS 1

PATS 0

There is only one defending champ... that would be the Ravens... so unless you are a ravens fan you have no gloating rights troll. BTW, did the NYG even make the playoffs last year?

as usual u missed the point

No I didn't miss any point... the reason you are here is because you are a snarky, smarmy, slimy, gloating troll.

nope just talking football and when we talk 42 and 46 it involves my team

i am just offering a little perspective to Rusty's and i never bring up my team unless people like u denigrate and disparage them then i defend my team but otherwise i stay on topic

and i am NOT slimy! i shower everyday

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

Russ might be right on Brady's subpar play in recent postseasons...however, as good a job as bb does, what Russ wont admit is that this team competes in the post season every year mainly because of Brady. No Brady, no post season...that simple. And, please don't reference the 1 year with cassel as it is an anominoly. 

ding ding ding! we have a winner!

He has it backwards. We win the division every year because BB builds the best teams.  TEAM.

NE won the game vs KC when Brady went down, for example. Team win. 

Brady has had some subpar games in seasons like 2009, 2010 and 2011. Remember the Dallas or Giants games on national tv? Of course you do. He threw into double or triple coverages all game long.

The D bailed him out in the Dallas game (Andre Carter was a beast), but our backups for Spikes and Chung couldn't quite bail out his awful game vs your Giants.

All of a sudden staring down receivers in double coverages for bad INTs are good things?

yeah but u never blame the TEAM you blame Tom Brady

wins and losses are TEAM results

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

That's the genius.

Utter genius.

GIANTS 2

STEELERS 2

RAVENS 1

PATS 0

There is only one defending champ... that would be the Ravens... so unless you are a ravens fan you have no gloating rights troll. BTW, did the NYG even make the playoffs last year?

No I didn't miss any point... the reason you are here is because you are a snarky, smarmy, slimy, gloating troll.

i am just offering a little perspective to Rusty's and i never bring up my team unless people like u denigrate and disparage them then i defend my team but otherwise i stay on topic

based on this response we can add self absorbed.

i shower every day!

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Bill Belichick, waiting in the weeds . . .

barracuda?

Muskellunge (Muskie for short)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

That's the genius.

Utter genius.

GIANTS 2

STEELERS 2

RAVENS 1

PATS 0

based on this response we can add self absorbed.

i shower every day!

And now we can add clueless

Southern ct baby.    Thinks barracuda live in Canada too.  Ha ha. Survivor, last one to leave the island.   Tell us again about how you don't gloat.   

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Just an interesting thought, the term waiting in the weeds comes from how big game cats stalk their prey; typically referring to the lions. It means being patient and waiting for your prey to come to you. However, in most cases including the lion, the prey is the weakest, sickest, or oldest of the herd and is specifically picked out because they are the easiest to obtain with minimal effort and less risk of injury during take down.... that kind of sounds like BB's strategy so I guess that's an appropiate saying. Personally I wish he took more of the Cowboy approach and just bring a gun and shoot whatever prey he wants whenever he wants instead of waiting in the weeds for the herd to thin

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I think it's " laying in the weeds, waiting to pounce". 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

The Pats get in the big games and they are out coached and beaten by more all around talented teams.  They can't put it all on TFB's shoulders.  Montana couldn't do it all himself, he was surrounded by talent.  Elway couldn't do it all himself, he didn't win SB's until he had good talent around him.  Name me 1 QB who won a SB without talent around him?  It's no secret, the Patriots are praised year in and year out to be very good with less talented teams, but it catches up to them in the big games when they face more all around talented teams.  Sure injuries hurt the Pats in big games but it's part of the game, gotta be prepared for that.  Who's shoulders does that fall on? 

People on this board have no idea what an untalented team looks like.  We haven't had one in years.  This lack of talent thing is just stupid.  Look every team (even ones that win the SB) have rosters that can be upgraded.  It is part of the game in the salary cap era.  Let's consider the last SB against the Giants.  I would argue the Patriots had a more talented QB, OL and TE corps.  The Giants had a more talented DL and WR and RB corps (Ridley might have had as much talent as a dinged up Bradshaw, but BJGE was the starter at that point).  The Giant's secondary was practically as bad as ours that season and their linebacking corps was nothing special and certainly wasn't head and shoulders above ours.  I mean christ we had 4 players make an all-pro team and the Giants had 2.  They won the game, but not because they were more talented.  If we had more talent would we have won?  Sure, but that is a dumb argument.   You can always have more talent and the 2011 team did not lose because the Giants had more.

25. This post has been removed.