pitt or balt win this weekend. which serves us more in your mind

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

Re: pitt or balt win this weekend. which serves us more in your mind

I hadn't really even factored in the 3 -way scenario ...

that would be pretty cool.

I guess if its all tied at 12 -4

( and Ravens have beaten Broncos )

Then Ravens get the #2 ( having beaten both )

As long as we're floatin' possible scenario's ...

Anybody know how it would shake down if it's a 4 way at 13- 3 with Texans included ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Root for Pitt. If Baltimore wins though, also root for Denver.

If Den, Bal, and NE all finish at 13-3...we would get the 2 seed with the conference record tie breaker

[/QUOTE]

i literally just posted this a few posts above..... i thought this was insider information lol

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

If Den, Bal, and NE all finish at 13-3...we would get the 2 seed with the conference record tie breaker

[/QUOTE]

i literally just posted this a few posts above..... i thought this was insider information lol

[/QUOTE]

If Den, Bal and NE tie at 13-3, Balt get's the 2 seed we get the 3 and Denver the 4.  Unless the Texans lose another game beside the Pats game.  Bal has the Tie breaker over us and we have it over Den. 

So if Hou loses one other game we'd have a 4 way tie and I don't what would happen between Hou, Bal, but  Dev would have the tie breaker over Bal and we'd have it over Den soooo it would depend on how beat Hou and Bal.  We have lost to two NFC teams so Conf record is on our side.

Anyone know?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to CaptnFoxboro's comment:
    [QUOTE]

On the surface this question is a no brainer ...

As everyone knows  - Pats need Balt to lose to help secure 1st rnd bye .

However -

A glance at the Ravens schedule shows that they are in for a world of hurt anyways & the Steelers are a team that come Playoff time might be a handful .

Big Ben  / Troy P. / A. Brown / DeCastro / Timmons may all be healthy by then.

Plax is now onboard too ( and though not the wr from b4 - still a vet that can perform)

Worst case scenario would be Pats getting 3rd / 4th seed and having to face a healthy & peaking Steeler team  - at best we'd get a W ( and likely beat up to start playoff run ) and at worst we'd be 1 and done .

That said -

I  F' i n HATE the Ravens right now and even though I think a healthy Steeler team is a tougher out than the overrated Ravens ...

I want to see them beat down this Sunday .

[/QUOTE]

" I think a healthy Steeler team is a tougher out than the overrated Ravens ..."

i agree.

if they have rapeman back and troy they look tougher this year. that is why i pose the question

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

i know its a longshot, but if the pats, ravens, and broncos all end up at 13-3, the pats would get the #2 seed.

[/QUOTE]

yup.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to rbetourne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Tough question---do we root for a tie?  The scuttlebutt is that Ray Lewis may be back in the next couple of weeks.  He was at practice this week.   The bottom line is who are you more hesitant to face in a playoff game:  Big Ben or Flacco?  Hopefully, the Ravens win and put Pitt that much closer to elimination.  Then, if you look at their schedule--I see the Ravens potentially losing to the Giants and the Broncos (Peyton has always owned that defense).  Both teams could lose to the Bengals.

[/QUOTE]

nice scernario. i too like pitt out of playoffs and us wwith better record than balt if we can mange that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to Tomhab's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If Den, Bal and NE tie at 13-3, Balt get's the 2 seed we get the 3 and Denver the 4.  Unless the Texans lose another game beside the Pats game.  Bal has the Tie breaker over us and we have it over Den. 

So if Hou loses one other game we'd have a 4 way tie and I don't what would happen between Hou, Bal, but  Dev would have the tie breaker over Bal and we'd have it over Den soooo it would depend on how beat Hou and Bal.  We have lost to two NFC teams so Conf record is on our side.

Anyone know?

[/QUOTE]

Wrong. We get the number 2 because Den would have the tie breaker over Bal

Bal> NE

Ne> Den

Den> Bal

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Didn't notice. sorry

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to CaptnFoxboro's comment:
    [QUOTE]

On the surface this question is a no brainer ...

As everyone knows  - Pats need Balt to lose to help secure 1st rnd bye .

However -

A glance at the Ravens schedule shows that they are in for a world of hurt anyways & the Steelers are a team that come Playoff time might be a handful .

Big Ben  / Troy P. / A. Brown / DeCastro / Timmons may all be healthy by then.

Plax is now onboard too ( and though not the wr from b4 - still a vet that can perform)

Worst case scenario would be Pats getting 3rd / 4th seed and having to face a healthy & peaking Steeler team  - at best we'd get a W ( and likely beat up to start playoff run ) and at worst we'd be 1 and done .

That said -

I  F' i n HATE the Ravens right now and even though I think a healthy Steeler team is a tougher out than the overrated Ravens ...

I want to see them beat down this Sunday .

[/QUOTE]

I agree completely. The Pats don't want to see the Steelers, with a healthy Roethlisberger, in the first round of the play-offs. Pittsburgh has a good balanced offense, and a stout defense. Remember the problems that the Steelers gave the Pats last year, in beating them easily in Pittsburgh? WRs Mike Wallace, Emmanuel Sanders, Antonio Brown, and TE Heath Miller are a tough match-up for the Pats' "D".  

I'd like to see the Steelers get eliminated from playoff contention, and face a team like the Bengals or Colts in round one. Even if the Ravens were to lose, they would still own the tie-breaker with the Pats...who would have to run the table (which would include beating both the 49ers and Texans) to have any chance of edging the Buzzards out for a bye.

[/QUOTE]

agreed and the more likely scenario

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Tomhab's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Anyone know?

[/QUOTE]
    If Den, Bal and NE tie at 13-3"Bal has the Tie breaker over us and we have it over Den. "
    if this happense that tie breaker is thrown out (the win over head to head).

i believe conf record is next tie breaker.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

I just noticed that Den and Balt both lost to Hou.  If NE, Hou and Balt ended in a tie and Balt beat Den, but lost to Wash we'd have the same conference record.  If Hou lost to NE and Minn we'd all have the same Conference record.  If it goes to Point we have everyone on Points scored.  Let's hope that Luck and the Dolts can take one of the two they have left with Hou.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In response to 49Patriots's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not afraid of Baltimore or Pittsburgh, I would hate to have to go back to Baltimore because they get the calls there, but I'm not afraid of them. 

We were owning them until Ray Rice started gashing our defense and BB had to pull the safeties up to protect the run. Our CBs, pre-Dennard and Talib, were not made for man coverage. Now, if we face Baltimore, we play more Chung and bring him closer to the line and play McCourty deep. 

[/QUOTE]

And what fixes Brady's inability to move the team or score in the 4th Qtr against the Ravens?
    Sorry, both sides of the ball needed to do a whole lot better in that game. Need we remind ourselves that they won't be seeing teams like the JESTS!, Bills, or Rams in the playoffs? And while the Colts have a winning record, they have given up more than 40 points than they have scored. Not a good thing while planning for post season play.

Let's hope that they sinch up the chin straps tight and go out and play a full 60 minutes to beat the Texans and 49'ers. If they can do that without being gashed on defense, I'll be a believer in this defense. Perhaps (and I hope) thay FINALLY may have actually learned and applied something. But, go out and do it against the iron of the NFL, not the JESTS!, Bills, and Rams.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscenario?algorithm=custom&12=44510400&13=15001005&14=04504511&15=05155105&16=00005110&17=

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

^ In the case of a three way tie between Den, Bal, and NE, NE has the tiebreaker.

If it is a four way tie with Hou included, the Pats also have the tie breaker (I even gave Houston their other loss in an out of conference game)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

In response to flutie66's comment:
    [QUOTE]

^ In the case of a three way tie between Den, Bal, and NE, NE has the tiebreaker.

If it is a four way tie with Hou included, the Pats also have the tie breaker (I even gave Houston their other loss in an out of conference game)

[/QUOTE]
    Thanks that's good to know.  Now all we have to do is win out.  I'm a little worried about SF but I think we can handle Hou at home.  Hopefully someone will find a weakness in Kapadink in the next two weeks.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

I should clarify, in the case of a 3 or 4 way tie with Baltimore's other loss coming from Denver, the Pats get the 2 or 1 seed respectivly.  It may not need to come from Denver, but that was the constant in the scenarios I played around with on Yahoo