Plagarist...liar?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Plagarist...liar?

Okay, I've been able to find the info on where Borges copied football notes too closely and got hung for it.  That's not really the worst thing I've seen, but still should have been avoided.

I can't find anything on him being proven a liar.  Can someone help me with this?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Re: Plagarist...liar?

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Okay, I've been able to find the info on where Borges copied football notes too closely and got hung for it.  That's not really the worst thing I've seen, but still should have been avoided.

I can't find anything on him being proven a liar.  Can someone help me with this?

See Jonathan Kraft.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

the plagarizer did not copy notes, he copied nearly complete articles from other journalists. Plagarizing is a form of lieing to the folks who read the articles "you" wrote. He also lied on the radio one time when he denied Drew Bledsoe was his source for some Patriots news and stated he hadn't spoken to Drew in over a month. The radio station called Bledsoe at his home and he said Borges was at his house for dinner 2 or 3 days prior! Go to Wikapaedia, this guy is a certifed P OS.

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Err...thanks, but that doesn't really follow the timeline.  People were blowing Borges up for being a liar when the story broke.  The Jonathan Kraft stuff has Kraft disputing the story.  Or is there something else?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Spygate for one. Not that he was wrong about everything but certain claims he made concerning spygate were proven to be false

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

I don't have any knowledge of this situation except for what has been stated on this board, and I have taken it as fact. 

Regardless of how egregious or minute Borges' transgressions have been, the faithful here will denigrate him endlessly if only because he apparently (again - learned from the faithful here) has a jones for taking on Belichick. 

Many here, due only to their fandom, castigate their naysayers while defending the transgressions of those they support. 

I don't expect them ever to agree, but that doesn't mean the naysayers are wrong.  It just means that some of the fans here haven't the ability to think even slightly objectively when it comes to their pats. 

A perfect example is that one poster will constantly suggest that the pats are the model by which every other team operates, that the pats know more than any other team, but then ask how could the pats have known that Hernandez had serious issues.  They believe, as Robert Kraft said, that Hernandez duped them. 

Pretty hard to square those things. 

As I noted in another thread, I don't begrudge the pats for handing Hernandez the contract they did.  He was not arrested regardless of transgressions he may have been committing.  He is an incredible talent.  If the pats didn't sign him, some other team would have.  I am willing to accept that the pats may have been caught in a "catch-22".  I am not willing to accept that they were duped. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

the plagarizer did not copy notes, he copied nearly complete articles from other journalists.

I found this:

"According to Globe sports editor Joe Sullivan, Borges is a subscriber to an online notes exchange used by NFL writers, who share information with one another in advance of Sunday notebook columns that run in many newspapers. Sullivan said Borges took, without attribution, language posted to the notes exchange by the News Tribune’s Seahawks writer, Mike Sando. The information had been published Feb. 25 in the News Tribune, but Sullivan said Borges was not aware of that fact.

Borges’s column, like other sports "notes" columns in the Globe, contain a line at the bottom, reading, "material from personal interviews, wire services, other beat writers, and league and team sources was used in this report." But Sullivan said reporters are expected to use the shared notes for background material and not to lift the language directly from one another."

Were there more instances?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

He also lied on the radio one time when he denied Drew Bledsoe was his source for some Patriots news and stated he hadn't spoken to Drew in over a month. The radio station called Bledsoe at his home and he said Borges was at his house for dinner 2 or 3 days prior! Go to Wikapaedia, this guy is a certifed P OS.

So he was protecting a source and therefore is a liar?

Oh, well, if it's on Wikipedia, it must be true.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

the plagarizer did not copy notes, he copied nearly complete articles from other journalists.

I found this:

"According to Globe sports editor Joe Sullivan, Borges is a subscriber to an online notes exchange used by NFL writers, who share information with one another in advance of Sunday notebook columns that run in many newspapers. Sullivan said Borges took, without attribution, language posted to the notes exchange by the News Tribune’s Seahawks writer, Mike Sando. The information had been published Feb. 25 in the News Tribune, but Sullivan said Borges was not aware of that fact.

Borges’s column, like other sports "notes" columns in the Globe, contain a line at the bottom, reading, "material from personal interviews, wire services, other beat writers, and league and team sources was used in this report." But Sullivan said reporters are expected to use the shared notes for background material and not to lift the language directly from one another."

[/QUOTE]

The Globe suspended him for plagiarism. You don't suspend a guy 2 months without pay for copying notes. Here's some articles talking about it

http://deadspin.com/241511/ron-borges-cut+and+paste-job

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/city_region/breaking_news/2007/03/globe_suspends.html

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

I don't have any knowledge of this situation except for what has been stated on this board, and I have taken it as fact. 

Regardless of how egregious or minute Borges' transgressions have been, the faithful here will denigrate him endlessly if only because he apparently (again - learned from the faithful here) has a jones for taking on Belichick. 

Many here, due only to their fandom, castigate their naysayers while defending the transgressions of those they support. 

I don't expect them ever to agree, but that doesn't mean the naysayers are wrong.  It just means that some of the fans here haven't the ability to think even slightly objectively when it comes to their pats. 

A perfect example is that one poster will constantly suggest that the pats are the model by which every other team operates, that the pats know more than any other team, but then ask how could the pats have known that Hernandez had serious issues.  They believe, as Robert Kraft said, that Hernandez duped them. 

Pretty hard to square those things. 

As I noted in another thread, I don't begrudge the pats for handing Hernandez the contract they did.  He was not arrested regardless of transgressions he may have been committing.  He is an incredible talent.  If the pats didn't sign him, some other team would have.  I am willing to accept that the pats may have been caught in a "catch-22".  I am not willing to accept that they were duped. 

He was fired from for his so called "egregious" or "minute" "transgressions". So regardless what the faithful here think about his "transgressions" he is a plagerizer... sorry you can't change that fact.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

He was fired from for his so called "egregious" or "minute" "transgressions". So regardless what the faithful here think about his "transgressions" he is a plagerizer... sorry you can't change that fact.

He wasn't fired.  Sorry you can't change that fact.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

jri - I am not trying to change that.  But again, that doesn't mean that what he has written or contributed to about Hernandez is false.  There have been previous patriot transgressions that could be used to suggest negative things about the patriots, but I've seen such things vigorously defended here.  I am not interested in getting into that but am pointing out that perspective matters.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Borges has left the impression that he has always had an axe to grind against the Patriots.

Sports writers are a funny breed. They want to be catered to; and if they are not, they can turn against you and seek retribution. Borges strikes me as this kind of narcissistic individual who feels wounded by being ignored and gets pleasure out of striking back to prove his worth.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

He wasn't fired.  Sorry you can't change that fact.

I stand corredted he was suspended for 2 months and 'retired from the globe. Yup he retired alright.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

jri - I am not trying to change that.  But again, that doesn't mean that what he has written or contributed to about Hernandez is false.  There have been previous patriot transgressions that could be used to suggest negative things about the patriots, but I've seen such things vigorously defended here.  I am not interested in getting into that but am pointing out that perspective matters.  

here is what it comes down to. Either Borges and the RS writer are taking liberties with the truth or JK and BB are flat out liars.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

they're two different things, but i think most laypeople seem to use them synonymously.

pla·gia·rism

/ˈpleɪdʒəˌrɪzəm, -dʒiəˌrɪz-/ Show Spelled [pley-juh-riz-uhm, -jee-uh-riz-] Show IPA

noun 1. an act or instance of using or closely imitating the language and thoughts of another author without authorization and the representation of that author's work as one's own, as by not crediting the original author: It is said that he plagiarized Thoreau's plagiarism of a line written by Montaigne. Synonyms: appropriation, infringement, piracy, counterfeiting; theft, borrowing, cribbing, passing off. 2. a piece of writing or other work reflecting such unauthorized use or imitation: “These two manuscripts are clearly plagiarisms,” the editor said, tossing them angrily on the floor.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

stealing someone's publication is different from lying. even if he steals, doesn't mean the underlying "research" for an article is made up.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

I found this:

yes there are more instances.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

He also lied on the radio one time when he denied Drew Bledsoe was his source for some Patriots news and stated he hadn't spoken to Drew in over a month. The radio station called Bledsoe at his home and he said Borges was at his house for dinner 2 or 3 days prior! Go to Wikapaedia, this guy is a certifed P OS.

So he was protecting a source and therefore is a liar?

Oh, well, if it's on Wikipedia, it must be true.

Wasnt protecting any source he flat out LIED! If your wife gave some guy a Bravo Juliet and didnt tell you when she was caught does that maker her a liar or "protecting her source?!"  wow notashot you have turned into quite the troll lately!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

What it means is he hates...and has always hated...the Pats and BB...period...even he admits that in  many ways...you love anything bashing the Pats...go back to the Indy boards, you finally have a great QB who doesn't look like Francis the Talking Mule...oh, and if they finds this guy has falsely reported things in that RS article, he's cooked in the business...and if you haven't heard, the Boston Herald is NOT considered a news journal in Boston but a rag newspaper, one not much above the supermarket check-out counter rags...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Borgis s problem is that the AH story had no sources beyond maybe AH himself

He also seemed to try and spin his story a little differently on M and M

Borgis does not seem to have a clean record , and credibility is the coinof the reajoule specially in journalism

the only  globe columnists i believe implicitly is Bob Ryan

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

I found this:

The Globe suspended him for plagiarism. You don't suspend a guy 2 months without pay for copying notes. Here's some articles talking about it

http://deadspin.com/241511/ron-borges-cut+and+paste-job

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/city_region/breaking_news/2007/03/globe_suspends.html

+1     I just wasnt going to do the research for notashot.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

Snot only attacked the prospect of Borges being a low life because Rusty said so...it's sadly so transparent...maybe Rusty was right, Snot has a deep and unrequited man-love for Rusty and , once rejected, once called out as a cyber stalker, must continue to do anything to get back at him...the flea infested  Snot bear is obsessed with all things Rusty...man it shows so badly...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

oh oh...here it comes... "OH YEAH!!!!????"

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

here is what it comes down to. Either Borges and the RS writer are taking liberties with the truth or JK and BB are flat out liars.

[/QUOTE]
    When every other team (including the pats) stayed away from Hernandez at the draft who was easily a first round talent, that's telling.  The pats covet value in the draft.  Its been demonstrated again and again.  When they took him in the 4th, his value finally exceeded his known issues. 

Security departments within teams are there, substantially, to dig into their players' and draftees' lives and to know what they are up to even if they don't know their every move.  Maybe its me, maybe this whole idea of security departments within a team is a sham.  Maybe the pats really don't care about how their players conduct themselves, but if that is the case, then the "Patriot Way" has been a sham all along. 

Or maybe, as I believe, the Pats got put in an incredibly difficult situation by having to decide to extend an incredibly talented player or let him go because he may have become an issue.  Again, I don't begrudge the pats for their decision, but in doing so, they promote the "Patriot Way" on a wing and a prayer, not as a legitimate foundation for the players they employ.