Players from the Patriots 21st century Super Bowl teams who you predict will get their numbers retired by the Patriots

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike1986. Show Mike1986's posts

Players from the Patriots 21st century Super Bowl teams who you predict will get their numbers retired by the Patriots

I think the player whose number they will retire for sure is:

Tom Brady

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: Players from the Patriots 21st century Super Bowl teams who you predict will get their numbers retired by the Patriots

I think Mike1986 is right.

I am also pretty sure the sun will come up in the east tomorrow.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics12345. Show Celtics12345's posts

Re: Players from the Patriots 21st century Super Bowl teams who you predict will get their numbers retired by the Patriots

Ken Walter

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Ken Walter was the best place-kick holder the Patriots have ever had. lol

He was the holder for Vinatieri during all of his biggest field goals.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TampaPete. Show TampaPete's posts

I'm hoping that the Pats don't retire any more numbers.  As it is, other than Cappelletti and Hannah, they have retired too many.

In fact, I would like to see them unretire all of them and have a ring of honor type of thing or just put them in the Pats' HOF.  Already, the Pats (7) have more retired numbers than all but four teams: the Bears (13), Giants (11), 'Niners (9) and Chiefs (8). Pittsburgh has 1, Miami has 3, and Green Bay with all their past heroes has only 5.  The Raiders and Cowboys have zero.

You could make a case that Nance, Colclough, Grogan, Morgan, Clayborn, Adams, Tippet, Law, Bruschi, Vrabel, Harrison, Seymour, Brown, Branch, McGinest, Coates, Martin, Bledsoe, and others should all have their numbers retired. Where does it all end?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike1986. Show Mike1986's posts

In Response to Re: Players from the Patriots 21st century Super Bowl teams who you predict will get their numbers retired by the Patriots:
    I'm hoping that the Pats don't retire any more numbers.  As it is, other than Cappelletti and Hannah, they have retired too many. In fact, I would like to see them unretire all of them and have a ring of honor type of thing or just put them in the Pats' HOF.  Already, the Pats (7) have more retired numbers than all but four teams: the Bears (13), Giants (11), 'Niners (9) and Chiefs (8). Pittsburgh has 1, Miami has 3, and Green Bay with all their past heroes has only 5.  The Raiders and Cowboys have zero. You could make a case that Nance, Colclough, Grogan, Morgan, Clayborn, Adams, Tippet, Law, Bruschi, Vrabel, Harrison, Seymour, Brown, Branch, McGinest, Coates, Martin, Bledsoe, and others should all have their numbers retired. Where does it all end?
    Posted by TampaPete

Forgot to put Bledsoe in there.  My picks now are Bledsoe and Brady.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Players from the Patriots 21st century Super Bowl teams who you predict will get their numbers retired by the Patriots:
    I think the player whose number they will retire for sure is: Tom Brady
    Posted by Mike1986

I agree with Mike...  at this point, only one player deserves that honor, TB.  It will have to take an amazing strings of seasons for another player to come close.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Don't forget Vinatieri.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

BRADY, easily

I think because of the dynasty, there might be consideration to retiring another number of a true follower of the Patriot way, which would come down to Tedy Bruschi or Troy Brown.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat99. Show TexasPat99's posts

They shouldn't put cheaters like Brady on the Ring of Fame or Hall of Fame...hope he gets snubbed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

at this point Tom Brady will be the only one.

(Assuming he resigns with the team that is.)

When Brady's number is retired I'm guessing he will run onto the field with his family and all his former team mates. It will be just like the super bowl intros.

My eyes are starting to well up all ready.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Do retired #'s collect a pension?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Seriously nobody else thinks Vinatieri will get his number retired?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Only Brady. Retiring numbers are just silly.

Were talking about retiring a kickers number? I think they should have a section in the stadium where they show numbers of players that have done great with this team (12, 4, 56 examples) but not retire em. I actually rather not see anyone else ever wear 12 though thats just Bradys work.

If Willies, and Richards arent retired then no defensive players number will be retired. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Players from the Patriots 21st century Super Bowl teams who you predict will get their numbers retired by the Patriots:
    Only Brady. Retiring numbers are just silly. Were talking about retiring a kickers number? I think they should have a section in the stadium where they show numbers of players that have done great with this team (12, 4, 56 examples) but not retire em. I actually rather not see anyone else ever wear 12 though thats just Bradys work. If Willies, and Richards arent retired then no defensive players number will be retired. 
    Posted by Pancakespwn

I like the logic - I don't want to see another Patriot in #12, either.

Nor do I want to see another kicker in #4

And I love the right field upper deck in Fenway where all the retired Red Sox numbers are displayed.