Players on the rise after tonight's game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Michael02127. Show Michael02127's posts

Players on the rise after tonight's game

Taylor Price
    Dan Fletcher is all over the field
    Brian Hoyer
    Ridley was the biggest suprise for me, I never say him in college thought he was a north south short yardage guy, he was much faster and elusive than advertised.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: Players on the rise after tonight's game

Solder has done well also!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

ridley is green-ellis with some wiggle

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Solder more than held his own, he made it look easy. For a guy playing at this level for the first time - preseason or not - he looked impressive.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

not Darius BUSTler

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

In Response to Players on the rise after tonight's game:
    [QUOTE]Taylor Price Dan Fletcher is all over the field Brian Hoyer Ridley was the biggest suprise for me, I never say him in college thought he was a north south short yardage guy, he was much faster and elusive than advertised.
    Posted by Michael02127[/QUOTE]
     indded price,  and ridley played very well, and even both  backup QB's plyed very well

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to Re: Players on the rise after tonight's game:
    [QUOTE]ridley is green-ellis with some wiggle
    Posted by patthepatriot666[/QUOTE]

and speed.

Still, love BJGE...but if Vareen is as advertised, gonna be some tough cuts or a crowded backfield.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Players on the rise after tonight's game : and speed. Still, love BJGE...but if Vareen is as advertised, gonna be some tough cuts or a crowded backfield.
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4[/QUOTE]

This is not good for Faulk or Morris

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Ridley showed some hands catching out of the backfield, good effort and he is definitely a straight ahead runner with more shiftiness than BGJE.  Not saying he's better than BJGE, but he could be in time.  Price showed more flash in this preseason game than Tate has shown in 2 years -- plus he can return punts.   Mallett moved the ball and has shown why the Pats had him so highly rated. 

Gabbert looked pretty decent for the Jags in stretches.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bspikes55. Show Bspikes55's posts

[QUOTE]ridley is green-ellis with some wiggle
    Posted by patthepatriot666[/QUOTE]
    your soo lame with buster

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

Kyle Love was pushing the center back on every play when he was in there. He set up a lot of what Fletcher and some of the other guys on defense were doing.

And to think he was a UFA offensive lineman before camp last year.

His effort went a long way, I think, towards securing himself a spot in the DL rotation.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Ridley
    Solder
    Fletcher
    Price
    Butler..not

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Benkarkis. Show Benkarkis's posts

[QUOTE]Ridley Solder Fletcher Price Butler..not
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

CAN WE PLEASE CUT BUTLER and end this misery.  The guy is a total bust, he can't cover, he can't intercept, thank god he can tackle after the 15 yard catch.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Add Mallett to the list.  2 quarters, 4 TDs and maybe he could have had more on the last drive but BB went all conservative.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Benkarkis. Show Benkarkis's posts

Everything else was excellent.

I think the Secondary is now the biggest concern.  Just from a depth perceptive.  Assumes Bodden is Healthy and Good and McCourty is the same.  There is a huge drop off with Butler, Willhite, and Arrington.  Arrington is passable.  A great D line will reduce the pressure on these guys, HOPEFULLY.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peduncle72. Show Peduncle72's posts

Easy to see the guys who obviously flashed, but also on this list should be the D and O linemen, I dont think we had any big names in there and we didnt hear too much apart from the sacks. That is a good thing.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

mallet was awesome for a 3rd rounder. great little pass to ridley in stride, too.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PeaceLaur. Show PeaceLaur's posts

[QUOTE]Everything else was excellent. I think the Secondary is now the biggest concern.  Just from a depth perceptive.  Assumes Bodden is Healthy and Good and McCourty is the same.  There is a huge drop off with Butler, Willhite, and Arrington.  Arrington is passable.  A great D line will reduce the pressure on these guys, HOPEFULLY.
    Posted by Benkarkis[/QUOTE]

Don't forget Ras-I

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I think the secondary will be fine. Arrington is more than passable, he will turn into a great nickel back, covering the slot receiver. The wildcard here is Dowling. If he can practice and show progress, I'd like to see him worked in. Would be nice to have him ready and available to play the dime, but for now, please choose either Butler or Wilhite.

And yes..Mallett and Hoyer both had good games. I'm actually impressed with the way Hoyer played. He has gotten a lot better compared to last year. Mallett I can see a turning into a good starting QB in this league. he can make all the throws, with velocity and accuracy for the most part. Just needs to turn into a general on that field, which he will learn from the best in due time.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PeaceLaur. Show PeaceLaur's posts

While I was watching the game, I kept imaging the dark, evil chuckling inside BB's head as he watched the trade value of his QBs climb.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]I think the secondary will be fine. Arrington is more than passable, he will turn into a great nickel back, covering the slot receiver. The wildcard here is Dowling. If he can practice and show progress, I'd like to see him worked in. Would be nice to have him ready and available to play the dime, but for now, please choose either Butler or Wilhite. And yes..Mallett and Hoyer both had good games. I'm actually impressed with the way Hoyer played. He has gotten a lot better compared to last year. Mallett I can see a turning into a good starting QB in this league. he can make all the throws, with velocity and accuracy for the most part. Just needs to turn into a general on that field, which he will learn from the best in due time.
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

Agreed. NE's secondary (our CBs) is gonna be fine... Think of this sad fact, and hypothesis: Lord forbid, Devin McCourty AND Leigh Bodden, BOTH get injured...because we'll only be left with Arrington, Ras I, and Wilhite... And I'm willing to bet, right now, that the ZERO I've seen Ras I play thus far for NE, Is STILL going to be better than the year we had Ellis Hobbes as our #1 Cornerback.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

[QUOTE]Everything else was excellent. I think the Secondary is now the biggest concern.  Just from a depth perceptive.  Assumes Bodden is Healthy and Good and McCourty is the same.  There is a huge drop off with Butler, Willhite, and Arrington.  Arrington is passable.  A great D line will reduce the pressure on these guys, HOPEFULLY.
    Posted by Benkarkis[/QUOTE]Ras-I Dowling watch this kid once he enters the fray! He's a pure hitter and he has speed to burn,possibly a larger version of Revis.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kenb216. Show kenb216's posts

Both quarterbacks made me feel like we have a strong future at that position.  Ridley is going to be great (not surprising, however, coming from LSU...didn't Faulk play there?)  I thought Solder played well, and I'm impressed by his size.  Price is going to make an already great receiving corps even better.  All in all, you have to be impressed by the performance.  Remember, Mallett is from a football pedigree, his father being a coach.  He's grown up in football, and his football smarts were clearly evident...one mistake was the delay of game, but hell, Tommy even has those!   Going to see them next week here in Florida, gonna be great.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GrnMtnMan. Show GrnMtnMan's posts

[QUOTE]Easy to see the guys who obviously flashed, but also on this list should be the D and O linemen, I dont think we had any big names in there and we didnt hear too much apart from the sacks. That is a good thing.
    Posted by Peduncle72[/QUOTE]

I was concerned about the second string O-line going in, they had been consistantly beat up in one on one drills in practice by our D-line. After watching Kohn (98?) and Love (74) dominate Jville line, and how well they (lower level O-line) stood up both on run and passing plays, I am even more optimistic for this teams potential. This is going to be fun!!!!!