PLAYOFF RECORDS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Re: PLAYOFF RECORDS

Tom Brady since coming into the league, 14-5. AFCCG, Brady 4-1; Sanchez 0-2. Now be a good troll and GO AWAY!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

In Response to PLAYOFF RECORDS:
    [QUOTE]Since coming into the League, Sanchez 4 & 2, Brady 0 & 2.
    Posted by MYNJJets[/QUOTE]

Your sample size does not  have enough data points to be relevant. About the same as a statement like Sanchez is 0-2 in the afc championship while Brady is 4-1

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Why do you ask a question where Sanchez compares favorably? If you want to use the sample above Sanchez has better numbers the last two postseasons. 

I dislike Sanchez as much as the next guy, but the guy makes plays in the postseason. 

Last year, Sanchez had ratings of 139.4, 60.1, and 93.3. This year he had ratings of 62.4, 127.3, and 102.2. 

Brady had a playoff rating of 49 last year and 89 this year. 

For such a condescending guy you sure are making a dumb argument. Why don't you next argue the pats are a better postseason team than the jets based on the relative records (4-1 vs. 0-2)?

In Response to Re: PLAYOFF RECORDS:
    [QUOTE]In Response to PLAYOFF RECORDS : What's off the Mark's QB rating compared to Brady's? Mark Sancheese QB of the NY Just End The Seasons
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Sanchez showed that he could be effective in the playoffs.  If you want to argue that the Jets p uke on their shoes, fine.  But Sanchez has performed better than he's given credit for.  

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

JEWELRY CHECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Brady... sporting 3 rings
    Roethlisberger ...2 rings, nearly a set of handcuffs and a prison boyfriend.
    Mannings (all of them)  2 rings and a bucketload of excuses
    Brees               1 ring Manning threw to him

Uh huh.  Summary does NOT include anyone named Sanchez.  DISMISSED.  Back of the line, please.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]Why do you ask a question where Sanchez compares favorably? If you want to use the sample above Sanchez has better numbers the last two postseasons.  I dislike Sanchez as much as the next guy, but the guy makes plays in the postseason.  Last year, Sanchez had ratings of 139.4, 60.1, and 93.3. This year he had ratings of 62.4, 127.3, and 102.2.  Brady had a playoff rating of 49 last year and 89 this year.  For such a condescending guy you sure are making a dumb argument. Why don't you next argue the pats are a better postseason team than the jets based on the relative records (4-1 vs. 0-2)? In Response to Re: PLAYOFF RECORDS :
    Posted by Rockdog1293000[/QUOTE]

That's fair except we'll see how he looks when not coddled.   They run first and if they can't run, he's not that good.

They couldn't run in the 1st half and look at how terrible he was.

I don't think I have seen a QB work so hard for so little. Not sure how else to describe it.

Take away a top 3 run game, that O Line and a strong collection of receiving options, and his 75 QB rating during this season, is worse.

His mechanics aren't getting any better any time soon. At some point, the blankie will be lifted and Sanchise will need to lead for real.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Tears for Fears.  Better than you think.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

Brady

first two years:
    Playoffs 3-0
    AFC champion
    Super Bowl Champion
    Super Bowl MVP

Stop bringing such weak sh@t

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I was just reading underdog(ggggg)'s thread about Kurt Warner and winning "when it counts" and Dessalines brought up the only valid point you can ever make concerning statistics. You can pick whatever number supports your pre-conceived notion and then just trot it out as "evidence."

The numbers -- none of them -- mean anything.

Win the damn game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Next year we will see the real Mark Sanchez.  I think no play-offs for the YETS next year.  Too many personnel changes in the offing.

There can be no comparison between Brady and Sanchez or between Manning and Sanchez.  Sanchez has played well at times and really lousy at others.  He's a second year Q.B. and he cannot be anointed in Canton just yet.  Brady on the other hand, (to quote what the oh so quotable Bill Parcells said about Lawrence Taylor), "will go into the hall on roller skates."  Sanchez may never make the hall and then he might but now, no one can make that prediction.  Much more time is needed.  Really YET fans that's the truth.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Only one question for Jets fans.

Would you take Brady straight up for Sanchez?

Be honest.......................

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

In Response to PLAYOFF RECORDS:
    [QUOTE]Since coming into the League, Sanchez 4 & 2, Brady 0 & 2.
    Posted by MYNJJets[/QUOTE]
    What happened to the guaranty? ya tool. For a team that told everybody how they were the next champs, sure does look ridiculous. How's that LT play up the gut workin' for ya? I look for a Jest fade job next year. I actually laughed out loud when I saw REX look like he was going to cry postgame. Ganggreen needs to drop the arrogance, collectively speaking.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

I agree. My main point was that 66 was making a stupid argument. He used passer rating as a metric, and I'm pretty sure over their careers Sanchez has a higher playoff passer rating. Taking out of context this makes Sanchez look better.

Again, not arguing sanchez is better. Just pointing out how such a critical codger like 66 (who wants to dictate who can and can't post) made such a dumb, illogical argument when the statistics point in the opposite direction of his argument. 

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PLAYOFF RECORDS : That's fair except we'll see how he looks when not coddled.   They run first and if they can't run, he's not that good. They couldn't run in the 1st half and look at how terrible he was. I don't think I have seen a QB work so hard for so little. Not sure how else to describe it. Take away a top 3 run game, that O Line and a strong collection of receiving options, and his 75 QB rating during this season, is worse. His mechanics aren't getting any better any time soon. At some point, the blankie will be lifted and Sanchise will need to lead for real.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Obviously no one would. 

[QUOTE]Only one question for Jets fans. Would you take Brady straight up for Sanchez? Be honest.......................
    Posted by JimfromFlorida[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

As Mark Twain once said, "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics."

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]I was just reading underdog(ggggg)'s thread about Kurt Warner and winning "when it counts" and Dessalines brought up the only valid point you can ever make concerning statistics. You can pick whatever number supports your pre-conceived notion and then just trot it out as "evidence." The numbers -- none of them -- mean anything. Win the damn game.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

And yet the point of the discussion is that no single player can do it alone, and sometimes the outcome is influenced more by the players of the team other than the QB. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JAGUAR23. Show JAGUAR23's posts

I AM A USC DIEHARD AND HAVE WATCHED ALMOST EVERY GAME SANCHEZ HAS PLAYED IN COLLEGE. HE IS A CRYBABY, FRAGILE AND WILL NOT LAST TOO LONG TAKING HITS. I HAVE WATCHED HIM CRY LIKE A BABY AND WHINE. SO BEING A PATS FAN I WILL BE HUMBLE AND GIVE HIM SOME CHEESE WITH HIS WHINE.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mkulacz. Show mkulacz's posts

I was at the Jets playoff victory over the Pats.

Brady was flat and had no passion. Looks like he felt inconvenienced by having to play at all. Sanchez made mistakes, but looked into the game.

For the love of all that is holy, I cant understand why Pat fans are so reluctant to put any blame on Brady. Brady played well in the years he won Superbowls (winning a superbowl with ratings of 77 and 84 is not exactly lighting it up). For the most part, he has remained a mediocre playoff QB since winning his third superbowl.

2006 playoff passer rating - 76.5
    2007 playoff passer rating - 96
    2008 playoff passer rating - 49!!!!!!!!
    2009 playoff passer rating - 89

Had it not been for "vomiting under pressure" McNabb, the Eagles should have beaten the Patriots for one of those Superbowls.

Im no troll, just a Pats fan who is tired of the unquestioning Brady-love on these discussion boards.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Brady had an amazing regular season this year. His performance in the last two playoff games is a concern, but good QBs are in short supply.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

I hear you. I was mad as anything about Brady's performance, and he clearly hasn't played well the past 3 playoff games. That being said, the O and coaches as a whole have done pretty poor jobs in these games. The entire offense needs to execute better in the playoffs next year. I tend to think they overcomplicate things and put too much on brady's plate in the postseason. 

[QUOTE]I was at the Jets playoff victory over the Pats. Brady was flat and had no passion. Looks like he felt inconvenienced by having to play at all. Sanchez made mistakes, but looked into the game. For the love of all that is holy, I cant understand why Pat fans are so reluctant to put any blame on Brady. Brady played well in the years he won Superbowls (winning a superbowl with ratings of 77 and 84 is not exactly lighting it up). For the most part, he has remained a mediocre playoff QB since winning his third superbowl. 2006 playoff passer rating - 76.5 2007 playoff passer rating - 96 2008 playoff passer rating - 49!!!!!!!! 2009 playoff passer rating - 89 Had it not been for "vomiting under pressure" McNabb, the Eagles should have beaten the Patriots for one of those Superbowls. Im no troll, just a Pats fan who is tired of the unquestioning Brady-love on these discussion boards.
    Posted by mkulacz[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

[QUOTE]I was at the Jets playoff victory over the Pats. Brady was flat and had no passion. Looks like he felt inconvenienced by having to play at all. Sanchez made mistakes, but looked into the game. For the love of all that is holy, I cant understand why Pat fans are so reluctant to put any blame on Brady. Brady played well in the years he won Superbowls (winning a superbowl with ratings of 77 and 84 is not exactly lighting it up). For the most part, he has remained a mediocre playoff QB since winning his third superbowl. 2006 playoff passer rating - 76.5 2007 playoff passer rating - 96 2008 playoff passer rating - 49!!!!!!!! 2009 playoff passer rating - 89 Had it not been for "vomiting under pressure" McNabb, the Eagles should have beaten the Patriots for one of those Superbowls. Im no troll, just a Pats fan who is tired of the unquestioning Brady-love on these discussion boards.
    Posted by mkulacz[/QUOTE]

Of course you realize that Brady was injured in 2008 and the Pats did not make the playoffs that season

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]Brady had an amazing regular season this year. His performance in the last two playoff games is a concern, but good QBs are in short supply.
    Posted by digger0862[/QUOTE]
    Actually, you can't pin the last two year's playoff losses on Brady as the Pats D in both games gave up 34 and 28 points respectively to offenses which barely average 20 points per game in the regular season.  Secondly, in those two loses the Pats offense played significantly worse than their regular season stats while facing defenses that were playing very well that day.  Combine two elements that go against patterns and you get these losses.
    Another viewpoint - in this year's conference games, both winning QBs, Ben and Aaron had awful games for all intents and purposes, yet, due to the play of their defenses, their team won in spite of it.  Yet each QB is being shown the love and how they are "big game" QBs!  If the Pats D had held their playoff opponents to the average points it gave up in the regular season, we'd see two Pats wins instead.  It is what it is in which the Pats D in both playoff games play about as awful as it could at the wrong time. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from neali. Show neali's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to PLAYOFF RECORDS : What happened to the guaranty? ya tool. For a team that told everybody how they were the next champs, sure does look ridiculous. How's that LT play up the gut workin' for ya? I look for a Jest fade job next year. I actually laughed out loud when I saw REX look like he was going to cry postgame. Ganggreen needs to drop the arrogance, collectively speaking.
    Posted by jbolted[/QUOTE]

I always liked jbolt.