PLAYOFFS!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmadmax82. Show bmadmax82's posts

PLAYOFFS!

Guys,
    WHat do you think about our playoff chances? As of now, the only way  they can make it is by winning the divison. For that to happen, we not only have to win most of next 11 games, but hope that Jets have a collapse like 08. Fins are just a game behind us and I must admit that they looked impressive with their wildcat against Jets. Trying to sneak in through a wild card spot may be difficult as there are many teams like Ravens and Steelers who are hoping for that, thanks to Bengals amazing run. Not to forget the Chargers. I guess the only way to make it to playoffs is to have atleast a 12-4 record and hope that NYJ and Fins stay a step behind.
    Any thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

Re: PLAYOFFS!

Bengals are good.  everything else...bump..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to PLAYOFFS!:
    [QUOTE]Guys, WHat do you think about our playoff chances? As of now, the only way  they can make it is by winning the divison. For that to happen, we not only have to win most of next 11 games, but hope that Jets have a collapse like 08. Fins are just a game behind us and I must admit that they looked impressive with their wildcat against Jets. Trying to sneak in through a wild card spot may be difficult as there are many teams like Ravens and Steelers who are hoping for that, thanks to Bengals amazing run. Not to forget the Chargers. I guess the only way to make it to playoffs is to have atleast a 12-4 record and hope that NYJ and Fins stay a step behind. Any thoughts?
    Posted by bmadmax82[/QUOTE]

PLAYOFFS? PLAYOFFS? DID YOU SAY PLAYOFFS? PLAYOFFS!

JK I still think our chances are good. I do not see us losing to jets 2nd time around. Dolphins wild cat might give us some problems but I think we go into 2nd half with 5-2 record and continue to improve.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

We will make the playoffs i dont have a doubt about it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

Nothing to worry about. We just need to take care of our business. The Ravens win was huge because that might help in a tie-breaker. The Jets do have a cup cake schedule so that might be our main worry 7-8 weeks from now. Miami and containing the wildcat will also pose a great challenge. I'll say a solid 12-4 or 11-5 will get it done. A win in Indy would be huge...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

I'm looking at 11-5, with losses at Indy, New Orleans and Miami.  With some very tough games also in the mix that I have penciled in as wins.  Not sure if that's enough to get in.  Like to get another win out of the schedule but we could just as will be 10-6.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

We can beat any team on the schedule right now. The Colts, the Saints, or anyone. We will have down games where we look bad but if we are hot on that day we can beat anyone. So dont assume we will lose to the good teams like NO and Indy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucela. Show pucela's posts

Channeling my inner Jim Mora...

(ok, not yet :-) )

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

In Response to Re: PLAYOFFS!:
    [QUOTE]We can beat any team on the schedule right now. The Colts, the Saints, or anyone. We will have down games where we look bad but if we are hot on that day we can beat anyone. So dont assume we will lose to the good teams like NO and Indy.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009[/QUOTE]
    Look, if we went into Indy this upcoming weekend and played like we did at Denver, Peyton would have a career day.  I appreciate that the team could get "hot" but they aren't close to that yet.  The secondary plays way too soft for a good QB like Manning or Brees, they would kill the Pats.  I am not looking forward to those contests.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from achie. Show achie's posts

We may loose to Indy. NO I am not sold on. They are like the Jets and self-implode all the time. Miami might be hard to contain. 11-5 appears to be it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

I'm as diehard a Patsfan their is, but right now the Pats have issues.  I could be a complete homer and say they'll win the rest of their games, but I prefer to just call it the way it is.  the Fact is the Pats have only one impressive victory against Atlanta.  They beat a very bad bills team on a miracle play, they squeaked by an overrated Baltimore team.  The Phins proved the Jets to be nothing special despite all the hype out of NY.  And Denver proved the Pats have trouble putting teams away once and for all.   The Pats with their current roster will be in a dogfight against every team they 'play.  Right now, I don't think they can compete with the Saints or Colts, and Miami will prove to be a very difficult foe.  Unless the Pats gets some help with personnel, they might not win the AFC east.

I'm going right now with 10-6 or even 9-7.  If they trade for a solid WR, then 12-4.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]Guys, WHat do you think about our playoff chances? As of now, the only way  they can make it is by winning the divison. For that to happen, we not only have to win most of next 11 games, but hope that Jets have a collapse like 08. Fins are just a game behind us and I must admit that they looked impressive with their wildcat against Jets. Trying to sneak in through a wild card spot may be difficult as there are many teams like Ravens and Steelers who are hoping for that, thanks to Bengals amazing run. Not to forget the Chargers. I guess the only way to make it to playoffs is to have atleast a 12-4 record and hope that NYJ and Fins stay a step behind. Any thoughts?
    Posted by bmadmax82[/QUOTE] i had to throw this in for fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHaGO-zc9yU&feature=related

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

one game at a time.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Our defensive woes in Denver were exaggerated somewhat by the failure of our offense in the 2nd half.  Our defense got fatigued.  I'm not blaming our loss solely on that, but it was a big factor.

Right now I want to agree that Peyton and Brees will light us up, but I think we might take one of them.  All of this hinges on how long we have to wait for Brady to get back to form.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

The journey of a thousand miles begins with crushing Tennessee.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Southern fan what you say is true but we are not playing Indy this week. And things change in short time in the NFL. If we beat the Titans and then some how beat the Saints you will be singing a different tune. So i guess what I am saying is lucky for us we dont have to play indy this weekend but in three weeks or four weeks we could be the best team in the nfl for all you know.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

13-3 if Brady ever learns how to throw again, and if they find another WR. 

11-5 if Brady continues to miss his targets down field. 

3-2 with the Jets owning the tie breaker. 

Tenn - We should win, and win big. (4-2)
    Buccs- If we lose any of the next two games we don't deserve to be in the playoffs. (5-2) 
    Bye 
    Phins - Hopefully we get either Galloway or Tate ready after the bye. The Phins have no down field defense. Moss, Galloway- or Tate should be able to destroy their defense. (6-2)
    Indy - We have to win this game. The Colts might be 8-0 coming into this match, it would suk soo much if they actually go 16-0. (Fingers cross, 7-2)
    NJJ - Losing to the Jets in our house? That would be a sad day for Football. (8-2)
    NO - Brees versus Brady. Brady has the better team, better defense, and better coach. (9-2)
    Phins - I'll give them one. Henne is probably the best QB in the division right now. No one can say Brady has played better than him in any of the first 5 games this season.  (9-3)

I expect the Pats to win out the rest of their games. 13-3

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

[QUOTE]Southern fan what you say is true but we are not playing Indy this week. And things change in short time in the NFL. If we beat the Titans and then some how beat the Saints you will be singing a different tune. So i guess what I am saying is lucky for us we dont have to play indy this weekend but in three weeks or four weeks we could be the best team in the nfl for all you know.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009[/QUOTE]
    Well, we have Tenn. and Tampa Bay, then the bye week.  I think we all agree, that the Pats should be 5-2 going into the bye, which is a solid record.  The meat of their schedule comes quickly after the bye and I hope they use that time off for some serious evaluation.  The resurgence of Miami does not bode well for the Pats, I always thought the Jets would fade but not rollover.  Let's hope for the best and plan for the worst.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

And, not to be a homer, take a look at Denvers upcoming schedule.  They got San Diego, bye, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Washington, San Diego and the Giants through November.  I say, they split with San Diego, lose to Baltimore, Pittsburgh and the Giants.  That leaves them at 7-4 going into December.  I have the Pats at 7-4 going into December.  I also have the Jets at 7-4 at the same time period.  Things are really going to get interesting after Thanksgiving.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

Posted by bmadmax82[/QUOTE]

Playoffs???##!!!??? Playoffs?????  We can't complete a pass over 10 yards and have a 40 year old LB and you tak playoffs????##!!!
    ---Jim Mora

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

[QUOTE]13-3 if Brady ever learns how to throw again, and if they find another WR.  11-5 if Brady continues to miss his targets down field.  3-2 with the Jets owning the tie breaker.  Tenn - We should win, and win big. (4-2) Buccs- If we lose any of the next two games we don't deserve to be in the playoffs. (5-2)  Bye   Phins - Hopefully we get either Galloway or Tate ready after the bye. The Phins have no down field defense. Moss, Galloway- or Tate should be able to destroy their defense. (6-2) Indy - We have to win this game. The Colts might be 8-0 coming into this match, it would suk soo much if they actually go 16-0. (Fingers cross, 7-2) NJJ - Losing to the Jets in our house? That would be a sad day for Football. (8-2) NO - Brees versus Brady. Brady has the better team, better defense, and better coach. (9-2) Phins - I'll give them one. Henne is probably the best QB in the division right now. No one can say Brady has played better than him in any of the first 5 games this season.  (9-3) I expect the Pats to win out the rest of their games. 13-3
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

Why didn't we pursue Braylon Edwards? The idiot Mangini gave him to New York.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

[QUOTE]And, not to be a homer, take a look at Denvers upcoming schedule.  They got San Diego, bye, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Washington, San Diego and the Giants through November.  I say, they split with San Diego, lose to Baltimore, Pittsburgh and the Giants.  That leaves them at 7-4 going into December.  I have the Pats at 7-4 going into December.  I also have the Jets at 7-4 at the same time period.  Things are really going to get interesting after Thanksgiving.
    Posted by southernpat[/QUOTE]

I guess we miight as well not watch any footballl until December since we now know all these teams will be 7-4.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

When the season began, I really thought they could muster a 12-4, maybe 13-3 season. 

But as it stands now, they are honestly very lucky to have even 3 wins.  The win against Buffalo took a minor miracle, and the Ravens were basically one catch away from beating the Pats.  The Jets manhandled them, and the Pats looked pretty humble against Denver.  I shudder to think that Miami will give the Pats a very good game, if not flat out run them over.

11-5 looks way optimistic now.  I'd say 9-7, maybe 10-6.  Brady is not hitting the money throws (like the play he threw behind Welker that would've sealed it in Denver.)  The defense seems barely capable of stopping the midrange passing game, and frankly they're just not stopping the 3rd down plays.

Not trying to sound pessimistic, but they really don't look great right now.  Here's hoping I get to eat these words.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmmyslinski. Show jmmyslinski's posts

This discussion will rely heavily of the severity of Matt Light's injury.  The Patriot's offense folded like a lawnchair after Light went down against Denver, and they have NO passrush whatsoever.  The running game must improve, either way.

I just wonder if Belichick will EVER bring in the LawFirm to spark up the running game.  Also!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please sign a fullback now!!  Brady will need extra protection, and Sammy Morris is a running back, not a hole maker!  Lorenzo Neal is available!

Would like to see these things happen, who knows?

Pats lose maybe 3 more games end up 11-5, Fins 9-7, Jets 9-7..... 3rd seed.