Plethora of Draft Picks.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsBBBrady. Show PatsBBBrady's posts

Plethora of Draft Picks.

With the Pats sitting on quite a few draft picks especially 2nd rounders and other teams in the division namely Jets and Dolphins powering up this past year,what players in y'all opinion are worthy of the Pats trading some of those picks to get a la Wes Welker in 07?? I personally think it would not be far fetched to see if STL would take a bait on Steven Jax( ok maybe thats almost far fetched but still).Brandon Marshall/Deion Branch would be other options worth looking into on offense.on D it might sound like an illusion BUT maybe AL DAVIS might listen to the right offer for Nnamdi Asomougha.I know there are a lot of players out there that could be coveted with some of those picks.lets talk about those players people.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from munichpatsfan. Show munichpatsfan's posts

Re: Plethora of Draft Picks.

Uhmm!? Good question. I rather see Deion Branch getting cut before he gets traded. With his history of injuries, i don´t think he has any trade value. 

Steven Jackson could be a target, but i don´t know if the Rams are looking for a trade. 

Asomugha, I don´t know. They resigned him last year and with an uncapped year ahead I think Al Davis will make a last push for the Super Bowl and he will not even think about trading him. 

I would contact the Panthers and ask for the price tag of DeAngelo Williams. The last two or three games showed that Jonathan Steward can carry the load in their backfield. Williams will be a free agent after the next season so maybe the Panthers are willing to trade him. Maybe they can bundle one of this years draft picks (1st or 2nd rounder) with a future draft pick (3rd rounder) plus Adalius Thomas and work out a deal for him and Peppers.  

Just speculation and wishful thinking.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsBBBrady. Show PatsBBBrady's posts

Re: Plethora of Draft Picks and Trade options..

Nothing wrong with speculaton and wishful thinking.thats why we are fans.DeAngelo Williams would be an excellent addition if the Panthers were open to that deal.I just want the Pats to have a big play type RB capable of bursting a 40-70 yd run at any point in the game.carrying 5-6 average RB's wont get it done.just take a look at the running game of 3 of the 4 teams left standing)minus the Colts).
     MunichPatsFan you're right on the Deion Branch issue.too many injuries and lack of production has rendered him almost valueless right now.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

I like the Nnamdi Asomougha proposal. Maybe al would like his 2011 back. That plus a 2 or 3 this year might just make that deal happen.

Nix on deon branch. injury prone and hasn't done anything since he left. You can never go home again.

DeAngelo Williams might be a workable deal. Thousand yard rusher the past two years and can catch, too. We desperately need a feature back. Enough with this RB by committee business. It hasn't worked since Dillon left. We could throw in either maroney-baloney or  a bag of balls, their choice.

Likewise Steven Jackson would look good in a pat's uniform. There was a lot of speculation in the 2004 draft that we were after him. Too bad we didn't make it happen. Instead we ended up with ben watson as our #1 at 32. Disappointing to say the least. Jackson went at 24, so it wouldn't have taken much to move up.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsBBBrady. Show PatsBBBrady's posts

Unclealfie; Just like you im tired of the RB committee shhh.having this many RB's on the roster pretty much means you dont have any.if the Pats have a RB like DeAngelo Williams or Steven Jax,would they have 5 other RB's on the active roster???exactly my point.get a feature back that the opponents will fear and game plan for.folks arent exactly trying to figure out how to take Maroney out of the game.Maroney stepped it up a bit this year but he is still not a feature back.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JMichalski12. Show JMichalski12's posts

Add Chad Johnson(will not call him Ochocinco) or trade for Marshall, Denagelo Williams would be a great fit and go after Peppers or a cheaper Umenyiora

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsBBBrady. Show PatsBBBrady's posts

Its like the presence of Brady and BB continues to make people hold the Pats among the elites but when you really look at the talent on this team presently there is not a lot after maybe Brady,Moss,Welker,Wilfork and a few others.this past season was nothing but a patchwork. Pats might not need to go 2007 but at the same time they need to get some talent via FA/Trades or the Draft.
    The Pats used to be one of the favorite landing spot of Elite Free Agents but right now im not so sure.   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

We drafted Wilfork in 2004 over Steven Jackson and would not change that decision.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

brady2moss07,
    i would change that pick in a heart beat

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The Patriots have 8 picks in this years draft 4 of which are in the first 2 rounds. I don't see them trading any of their picks off for proven players,I see BB as having a better shot at drafting the players he needs too improve the team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsBBBrady. Show PatsBBBrady's posts

brady2moss07

I think i would still make the same pick with Wilfork over S Jax BUT the story here is about swinging a deal for a playmaker or two.The Pats at this point is really lacking playmakers on Offense and Defense.

BTW,Just heard that McDaniels is going to make a play for Deion Branch.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsBBBrady. Show PatsBBBrady's posts

If the Pats could put some money into the D-Line and the LB position maybe we'll be able to see the secondary play much better.without a better front 7 the Pats WILL continue to be flawed at that secondary position.
     no matter how you look at it they NEED to bring in some playmakers. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

Who's a top backup stuck behind a superstar, that we could use?