Poilan(s) gets the boot

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Re: Poilan(s) gets the boot

Yeah, qbal, I just sent King a note about that. He also fails to note that the Packers gave up about 1700 more passing yards this year than last year - forget about a 2009 comparison.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I understand what your saying but hear me out. Lets say Snyder wants Manning bad. Lets say he knows that the Vikings and the Cardinals might want him too. If Manning hits free agency he goes to the highest bidder. Right now he's due 28M or get cut. If Snyder wants to keep his salary at least negotiable he has to move before he gets cut. If he waits its who ever wants to spend the most. It sure is nice in Phoenix and Fitzgerald would be a great target. Plus that division Peyton could own and make the playoffs every year.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

When reached for comment on the firings, Jim Caldwell said "                         ".

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

The best part about Polian getting the ax is the comments he made regarding possibly firing Caldwell if they went 0-16. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

"                         ".

Can I quote you sir! lmao

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

In Response to Re: Poilan(s) gets the boot:
    [QUOTE]The best part about Polian getting the ax is the comments he made regarding possibly firing Caldwell if they went 0-16. 
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

LOL - this is pretty funny

This is the 2nd franchise Polian has left in a shambles - Buffalo being the first

Do you think any team will be foolish enough to let him do it to them?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

WOW.  WOW.  I'm actually shocked.  Irsay may not be as much of a dooooosh as I thought he was.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Poilan(s) gets the boot : BTW Rocky, I still had you on Christmas-gift-ignore, as the whole thing had slipped my mind all week.  That covers you for the next seven Christmases.  
    Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE]

That is okay....I still like you.....for the time being

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

King admitted he made a mistake

Pardon me for calling out the Patriots' bad secondary in MMQB without noting the Packers gave up more yards. Dumb me.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

THis is kind of a surprise, but tanking the season speaks to a much larger problem that includes coaching, free agency and the trite observation that the Colts have a lot of players on the wrong side of thirty. The problems they have are far beyond just losing Manning for a season (despite what the talking heads at ESPN et al tell you).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]When reached for comment on the firings, Jim Caldwell said "                         ".
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

Hahahaha

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]King admitted he made a mistake Peter King   @ SI_PeterKing 1h   Reply     Retweet     Favorite   ·   Open Pardon me for calling out the Patriots' bad secondary in MMQB without noting the Packers gave up more yards. Dumb me.
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

Did he just do that? I sent him a note about an hour ago. I like to feel I made an impact.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Poilan(s) gets the boot : So, you agree with me there is a built in media agenda against NE and BB in particular? I think King has been banned from Gillette with his previous acccess. Prior to Spygate, he had a lot of inside info it appeared, spoke highly of the Pats, wasn't unreasonable in his analysis and now it only seems like he likes to name drop that he hung out with Matt Light at his charity gatherings. He went on Dale and Holley in Sept of 2007 lied about a bunch of things, was confronted by Holley, his cell phone went dead (mysteriously as he fumbed to backpedal about Spygate), and then he has never really been back since or had the access he appeared to have. Ironic this was the time he was moving to Boston, too. I used to respect him, but he's nothing but a namedropping fanboy. All this does is support my premise about the media harsly over-criticizing just NE's D because bashing Belichick and NE sells.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

I do agree - I think the greater mainstream press took their cue from ESPN during Goodells overblown taping infraction issue and decided that they could generate more clicks by bashing BB and turning the Patriots into the WWE style heels of the NFL -

There is at least one major writer on each website whose assignment it seems to be to write negative pieces about the Pats - mostly BB - because BB doesn't have to kiss the collective azz of the press to keep his job

ESPN - John Clayton( there are others but he is consistent)
    CNNSI - Peter King
    Foxsports - Brian Billick
    Yahoo - Jason Cole

There are many others - its funny too - the Patriots organizational philosophy is one to be celebrated and promoted - but most writers want payment in the form of their azz being kissed before they will write positive articles - and BB ain't kissing anyones AZZ

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

Can they fire "The Polian Rules" along with him?

That arrogant poser contributed mightily to the decline of a once-great game into the fraudulent, fantasy-based, flag football fascimile that you see playing out on your TV screens every Sunday in the fall.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]Can they fire "The Polian Rules" along with him? That arrogant poser contributed mightily to the decline of a once-great game into the fraudulent, fantasy-based, flag football fascimile that you see playing out on your TV screens every Sunday in the fall.
    Posted by hardright[/QUOTE]

Good, and sadly sobering, point.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I think the firing means Manning IS staying.  A total house cleaning means all new people have to get onboard with the all the information on contracts etc for the whole franchise really quick.  That's a lot to assimilate, then decide on.   If Manning were leaving I think they would have wanted to leave the GM in place to attempt to work something out first.  Irsay is a bit crazy, but attempting to bring in new management at such a crucial time seems too crazy for a guy that has been around football all his life.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

More info and stats

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Poilan(s) gets the boot : Where have you been all year when people think I am crazy for making this case? lol Here, in this market,  it's Gasper, Mazz and CHB with Felger and Mazz running with the agenda from 2-6 every day. Borges is actually not even as bad since he got fired for plagiarism and turned back up like a bad penny. His firiing from the Globe weakend his ability to be a tool. lol I helped get him fired. At least I sent an email to the editors here.  On NFLN, it's Jamie Dukes who almost takes some variation of some odd racial undertones with his agenda, Squinty Eyes Faulk (still soured over SB 36), Billick (he's jealous of BB and lost many times), etc. King plays the game. ESPN is the worst by far.  Cris Carter just called NE's D "the worst in history" yesterday morning. I thought Keyshawn's head was going to explode.  Berman sort of called our Carter, but no one really held his feet to the fire. Since BB dealt Moss, Carter has bashed NE. Their own agendas are so obvious and it's all for some version of selfishness.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

A strongly worded email or letter with a valid point does wonders. We can change America!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I'd say it means Manning is gone. He wont have anything to throw to next year and his protection isnt very good. Manning could go into a much better situation then Indy. That 28M can be reworked. I see him in AZ.

25. This post has been removed.