Poilan(s) gets the boot

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: Poilan(s) gets the boot

Polian was good for a while then he wasn't for a while and now he's unemployed. Simple as that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Re: Poilan gets the boot

In Response to Re: Poilan gets the boot:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Poilan gets the boot : Polian has run 3 teams - gotten them to 6 Superbowls, winning only one and leaving each team in far worse shape then he found them............ Like your idol Manning - Polian was far more successful winning NFL executive of the year awards then Superbowls - like Manning has won more MVP's then he'll ever win titles......... Clearly Polian should have stroked Bob Kravitz the same way he did his lapdog Peter King - Kravitz must be laughing now As are everyone here in New England The road to irrelevancy has been swift hasn't it UD? Your beloved franchise is well on their way to another 10+ year drought of winning while repairing the damage that has been done by putting every single one of their eggs in Mannings basket UD - here is my question to you - if you were Robert Irsay - would you pay Manning the team killling 28 million roster bonus - or would you let him go for the good of the franchise and start over? There is not one doubt in my mind that the Pats would let Brady go under these circumstances - of course they never would have put themselves in that position - and as a fan of the Patriots I would fully support letting him go What say you UD?
    Posted by qball369[/QUOTE]

In all fairness, and making it clear that I dislike Polian as a human life form, he did a pretty good job of building a team (and the rules) around a pretty darned good QB in Indy.

As for the Bills, he got them to the SB four times, right?  He can't control how they play on game day.  They had two of those games in the bag, if I recall, and blew them.  He did as much as he could to make them winners.  Great D, great QB, great RB, great WRs.  Blame the coach.

And all GMs tend to leave after being fired.  It happens more often than not.

I will agree on this - he was stupid to sign Manning to a fat contract without getting a medical exam first.  THAT did screw-up the Colts this year.  And yet they will get Luck or lots of draft picks in trade for Luck and be in good shape in three seasons if the next GM does a decent job in the draft and hiring a coach.

Interesting to guess where he goes next?  Miami?  Jacksonville?  St. Louis (a drive from where he now lives)?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

And all GMs tend to leave after being fired.  It happens more often than not.

This is a great line from Woody and one that shouldn't be missed. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Thanks.  I really have been striving for greatness and I am glad that somebody finally noticed. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Poilan gets the boot : In all fairness, and making it clear that I dislike Polian as a human life form, he did a pretty good job of building a team (and the rules) around a pretty darned good QB in Indy. As for the Bills, he got them to the SB four times, right?  He can't control how they play on game day.  They had two of those games in the bag, if I recall, and blew them.  He did as much as he could to make them winners.  Great D, great QB, great RB, great WRs.  Blame the coach. And all GMs tend to leave after being fired.  It happens more often than not. I will agree on this - he was stupid to sign Manning to a fat contract without getting a medical exam first.  THAT did screw-up the Colts this year.  And yet they will get Luck or lots of draft picks in trade for Luck and be in good shape in three seasons if the next GM does a decent job in the draft and hiring a coach. Interesting to guess where he goes next?  Miami?  Jacksonville?  St. Louis (a drive from where he now lives)?
    Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE]

Polian is done.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Could be.  How old is he?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Poilan gets the boot : You're jumping to conclusions here. It is not a certainty that Manning being missing was the only factor in the Colt's dismal record.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Is "The Dog(gggg)" still trying to sell this swill about Manning's injury being the sole reason for the Colts' titanic collapse?  

He has as big a crush on Peyton as you do on Brady...LOL!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

In Response to Re: Poilan(s) gets the boot:
    [QUOTE]Q - I actually believe getting teams to 6 superbowls and another to the NFCCG in the second year of the franchise's existence is pretty stellar.  I am not sure you can ask much more of a GM.  At some point you've got to have the coaches coach and the players play.  As for leaving teams in far worse shape, isn't that usually when a person gets fired?  Was he fired in Carolina?  No one is laughing in Indy.  Anyone who's a fan (Kravitz is not - he's a columnist), is not laughing.  It was a bad season with a number of bad decisions.  Polian deserved to go for that.  I'll expect that the colts will continue to be relevant for many years to come.  If I were Robert Irsay, I'd be dead.  If I were Jim Irsay, I do everything possible to give Manning the opportunity to prove he will be healthy enough to play for the next 3 years.  Manning deserves the opportunity.  Also, Irsay deserves the opportunity from Manning to either restructure or delay the March payment.  The "team killing bonus" is not team killing if Manning can play again.  This year has proven how great Manning has been.  With a little better front office effort and coaching we may be superbowl worthy again very very quickly.  Remember, Manning's contract is no different than Brady's in overall cost.  If Manning is healthy, then there's no reason to assume he can't play out his contract.  If he's not, he'll be gone. As for what you think the pats would or wouldn't do with Brady, you are only speculating.  Here's what I saw.  During Brady's contract dealings he went around the team structure and straight to Kraft.  Further he went to the press, to put pressure on an organization that he didn't think was taking him seriously.  So, you can specuate about what the Pats may or may not do with Brady, but I've seen enough to speculate differently. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

So UD - will your idol Peyton Manning restructure his salary for the good of the team? - will you still be a fan of the Colts if he does not and goes to another team?

You can try to tar Brady with the Manning brush if you want UD - but it is a fallicious arguement  - Brady's contract does not, has not, and will not prevent the Pats from signing any current player they choose to keep, any draft pick they make, nor any free agent they choose to sign - now - UD - please try to explain how a 28 mil cap charge again the 2012 Colts team will not affect their ability to sign current players and fill the many needs they clearly have after an abysmal 2-14 season........

Also - you try to smear Brady by saying he played hardball with Robert Kraft - at least he wasn't dealing with the team in bad faith - unlike Manning - who knew head needed neck surgery that could very possibly keep him from playing some part of the season anyway - pretty laughable - I don't think there are too many people in the world buying Tom Brady being more selfish the the shameless self promotor Peyton Manning and family

UD - if I was a fan of the Colts - after watching Andrew Luck play last night I would absolutely, without reservation, let Manning go and start over with him - and use the money saved to rebuild

As a fan of the Pats I hope the Colts keep Manning - You keep telling us UD that Manning is the difference between 2-14 and 10-6 last year - Let's see the Colts keep Manning, lose many players they could re sign and be unable to fill the holes they have in the roster already - and have Manning lead that ragged bunch to 10-6 next year

That prospect is ludicrous - but if you want to try to sell it go ahead - I like comics as much as the next guy:)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Q - Manning's not my idol.  He's simply the catalyst for the colts success over the past decade plus.  As such, I support him amidst his bashers. Given your particular fandom, I understand how your perspective may be skewed.  I am a colts fan first and foremost. 

I am not trying to "tar" brady at all.  He's got an 18 million per year contract.  So does Manning.  Those are facts.  As for the other comments, I can choose to speculate just like you. 

Certainly the cap charge will affect the colts just as Brady's affected the Pats.  The colts have managed their caps in the past and I expect they will going forward.  That said, if Brady were in this situation, wouldn't you like the out that the colts have with Manning.  At least they've got the opportunity to make that choice.  Seems wise given the circumstances. 

I was not trying to smear Brady or any of the pats org.  Someone within Brady's camp, if not Brady himself, planted the disconnect story in an effort to wake up the franchise to Brady's contract demands.  It wasn't getting done through normal channels.  It got done because Kraft stepped in. 

As for bad faith - how do you know that Manning knew he needed season ending neck surgery.  Do you have any proof of that at all?  Talk about smear. 

If you were a colts fan, you wouldn't conjure up half the smear you do.  You can't even begin to think from that perspective, so providing suggestions as if you were are baseless at best.  The colts have alot on their plate.  We'll see what they do. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

[QUOTE]Q - Manning's not my idol.  He's simply the catalyst for the colts success over the past decade plus.  As such, I support him amidst his bashers. Given your particular fandom, I understand how your perspective may be skewed.  I am a colts fan first and foremost.  I am not trying to "tar" brady at all.  He's got an 18 million per year contract.  So does Manning.  Those are facts.  As for the other comments, I can choose to speculate just like you.  Certainly the cap charge will affect the colts just as Brady's affected the Pats.  The colts have managed their caps in the past and I expect they will going forward.  That said, if Brady were in this situation, wouldn't you like the out that the colts have with Manning.  At least they've got the opportunity to make that choice.  Seems wise given the circumstances.  I was not trying to smear Brady or any of the pats org.  Someone within Brady's camp, if not Brady himself, planted the disconnect story in an effort to wake up the franchise to Brady's contract demands.  It wasn't getting done through normal channels.  It got done because Kraft stepped in.  As for bad faith - how do you know that Manning knew he needed season ending neck surgery.  Do you have any proof of that at all?  Talk about smear.  If you were a colts fan, you wouldn't conjure up half the smear you do.  You can't even begin to think from that perspective, so providing suggestions as if you were are baseless at best.  The colts have alot on their plate.  We'll see what they do. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Wow - an unusually defensive, and almost shrill post from you UD - I am suprised - as you normally play the pot stirrer so well

Heck - you almost sound like a genuine Colts fan in this post:)

I seem to have touched a nerve where your feelings about Manning are concerned

You inummerable posts on this blog have convinced me you are more a fan of Manning then you are of the Colts - and I think you are sad today because you think that Polian being canned means that  Manning is out the door next

I would suggest that the Colts management of their cap has not be too stellar since they allowed their competitive fortunes to be dictated by one player

Say what you want but the Patriots were 11-5 when Brady got hurt  - the Pats went 13-3 this year with 7-11 cast offs playing in the secondary  - I think that would be reasonable evidence of the Pats superior cap management - and I defy you to show me any written report anywhere that suggests the Pats are going to have trouble signing any player due to the cap - can we say the same about Colts - who have - by my count on Roto world - 22 players whose contracts are up this year - including Reggie Wayne and Jeff Saturday...

Lastly - UD - I am one of the minority on this blog- I was on the Brady bandwagon from the San Diego game in 2001 and was entirely in favor of him remaining the starter when Bledsoe got healthy - Brady was a winner from day one and I root for the team not the man  - though Brady is a pretty easy guy to root for if you aren't from Indianapolis

Still haven't answered me UD - if you are Irsay( I noted your correction - touche) are you going with Luck or with Manning?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from brady-is-clutch. Show brady-is-clutch's posts

TFB12 is 9-4 against the "one trick" ponies, and he is 8-4 vs the one trick pony, as a charlie would say thats "winning"  and there is ud6 bragging about 2 SB appearances, hmmmmm i guess based on this logic that 2 is greater than 4 right slob knob (ud6) and 9-10 in the postseason is better than 14-5, 7x one and done is greater than 2x one and done...oh wait it is greater but not what you would think, and i guess that 1 SB ring is greater than 3 SB RINGSSS (PLURAL), the only thing playtex has over brady is passing yards, td's and int's (just stats) but at the end of the day who has a better winning percentage (pssss, give you a clue ud6 its not a womanning but its....well.....TFB12, again manning is just ahead of trent dilfer....and thats not saying much now is it, while TFB is 1 of 4 QB's who has 3 or 4 super bowl rings  (again not playtex) and if playtex womanning was indeed the g.o.a.t.  well he would rise up and have multiple SB ringsss and a winning record in the playoffs but as you can see underputz these are the simple cold heart facts!!!!!!  TFB 8-4 against the mighty playtex and the ponies!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Poilan(s) gets the boot : Wow - an unusually defensive, and almost shrill post from you UD - I am suprised - as you normally play the pot stirrer so well Heck - you almost sound like a genuine Colts fan in this post:) I seem to have touched a nerve where your feelings about Manning are concerned You inummerable posts on this blog have convinced me you are more a fan of Manning then you are of the Colts - and I think you are sad today because you think that Polian being canned means that  Manning is out the door next I would suggest that the Colts management of their cap has not be too stellar since they allowed their competitive fortunes to be dictated by one player Say what you want but the Patriots were 11-5 when Brady got hurt  - the Pats went 13-3 this year with 7-11 cast offs playing in the secondary  - I think that would be reasonable evidence of the Pats superior cap management - and I defy you to show me any written report anywhere that suggests the Pats are going to have trouble signing any player due to the cap - can we say the same about Colts - who have - by my count on Roto world - 22 players whose contracts are up this year - including Reggie Wayne and Jeff Saturday... Lastly - UD - I am one of the minority on this blog- I was on the Brady bandwagon from the San Diego game in 2001 and was entirely in favor of him remaining the starter when Bledsoe got healthy - Brady was a winner from day one and I root for the team not the man  - though Brady is a pretty easy guy to root for if you aren't from Indianapolis Still haven't answered me UD - if you are Irsay( I noted your correction - touche) are you going with Luck or with Manning?

"The Dog(gggg)" is, has been, and continues to be Peyton's #1 ball washer...LOL!!!  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Poilan(s) gets the boot : Wow - an unusually defensive, and almost shrill post from you UD - I am suprised - as you normally play the pot stirrer so well Heck - you almost sound like a genuine Colts fan in this post:) I seem to have touched a nerve where your feelings about Manning are concerned
    LOL Q - Be careful.  You might strain a muscle trying to pat yourself on the back.  Unfortunately your deductive reasoning skills have failed you again so the potential injury is not worth it. 

You inummerable posts on this blog have convinced me you are more a fan of Manning then you are of the Colts - and I think you are sad today because you think that Polian being canned means that  Manning is out the door next
    You've missed my points if that is what you believe.  Normally, my pro Manning posts are in response to some overdone Manning bashing or Brady propping.  I simply provide reasonable perspective the irrational fandom of many here.  You know that.  As for your assumption, it doesn't fit my thinking at all.  I actually believe that Polian's firing (which was appropriate) provides a greater chance for Manning staying with the colts than otherwise.  That said, there's no guarantee Manning will be a colt next year.  Like Kraft with Brady, Irsay understand the value of Manning.  If he believes Manning can play, Manning will be back.  If not, he will be gone or his deal will have to be redone.  That is my two cents. 

I would suggest that the Colts management of their cap has not be too stellar since they allowed their competitive fortunes to be dictated by one player
    I am not sure I agree.  Lets look at the last contracts of Brady and Manning.  Remember how all of you said that Manning's contract then would kill the colts yet they went to 2 SB's with it and won one while the pats lost one under Brady's hometown discount.  That said, Polian definitely had some missteps in the past few years.  Ugoh, while serviceable was marginal at best.  Hughes looks like a very poor pick, and some of the recent DT picks have underwhelmed. 

say what you want but the Patriots were 11-5 when Brady got hurt  - the Pats went 13-3 this year with 7-11 cast offs playing in the secondary  - I think that would be reasonable evidence of the Pats superior cap management - and I defy you to show me any written report anywhere that suggests the Pats are going to have trouble signing any player due to the cap - can we say the same about Colts - who have - by my count on Roto world - 22 players whose contracts are up this year - including Reggie Wayne and Jeff Saturday...
    Quite a bit here, but I do think this year shows Polians very recent draft mistakes, and I admit I was wrong too.  Orlovsky was better than Painter, and Collins should not have been brought in, but Orlovsky really didn't differentiate himself in the preseason, so I understand why the colts for stuck with Painter.  Had Orlovsky been the guy, the colts might have won 5-8 games.  They were in many games that they lost.  The difference in the games does show how great Manning has been amidst maybe a weaker Polian than anyone thought.  Don't forget that there has been almost an entire coaching turnover in the colts the last 3 years.  I believe that has something to do with things, too.  We'll see what Wayne and Saturday do.  Both are getting older, although I think Wayne's got quite a bit of gas left. 

Lastly - UD - I am one of the minority on this blog- I was on the Brady bandwagon from the San Diego game in 2001 and was entirely in favor of him remaining the starter when Bledsoe got healthy - Brady was a winner from day one and I root for the team not the man  - though Brady is a pretty easy guy to root for if you aren't from Indianapolis Still haven't answered me UD - if you are Irsay( I noted your correction - touche) are you going with Luck or with Manning?
    If I am irsay, I get a chance to evaluate Manning's health, and even if healthy, I think I still draft Luck.  If Manning's healthy, I think the colts win 10+ games next year.  Drafting Luck does not diminish Luck's value to other teams. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Poilan(s) gets the boot :
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Call me crazy - but I have a hunch - I agree that Reggie Wayne appears to have a lot left - and he is going to look great in a Pats uniform next year

Heck -I wouldn't put it past Kraft to make BB offer Saturday a deal too - though he seems more likely to stay in Indy

As for the rest - we'll agree, as always, to disagree

Though I wonder if YOUR arm hurts - from patting yourself on the back being the bringer of reason to this irrational blog - Imagine that - a Patriots blog on Boston.com populated with people biased toward the Patriots - shocking

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

Also UD - Here is a column by a fellow Hoosier - Jason Whitlock:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/andrew-luck-should-avoid-playing-for-indianapolis-colts-010312

I wonder if you have thoughts?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]TFB12 is 9-4 against the "one trick" ponies, and he is 8-4 vs the one trick pony, as a charlie would say thats "winning"  and there is ud6 bragging about 2 SB appearances, hmmmmm i guess based on this logic that 2 is greater than 4 right slob knob (ud6) and 9-10 in the postseason is better than 14-5, 7x one and done is greater than 2x one and done...oh wait it is greater but not what you would think, and i guess that 1 SB ring is greater than 3 SB RINGSSS (PLURAL), the only thing playtex has over brady is passing yards, td's and int's (just stats) but at the end of the day who has a better winning percentage (pssss, give you a clue ud6 its not a womanning but its....well.....TFB12, again manning is just ahead of trent dilfer....and thats not saying much now is it, while TFB is 1 of 4 QB's who has 3 or 4 super bowl rings  (again not playtex) and if playtex womanning was indeed the g.o.a.t.  well he would rise up and have multiple SB ringsss and a winning record in the playoffs but as you can see underputz these are the simple cold heart facts!!!!!!  TFB 8-4 against the mighty playtex and the ponies!!!
    Posted by brady-is-clutch[/QUOTE]

I see the dog didn't respond to this.  Funny thing is, dog doesn't do facts.
    He has his own illogical reasoning for things simply void of them.
    Facts show it's not even close but somehow he insist.  Oh, well.
    Even the few remaining stats Manning has over TB are accumulative as a result of playing in 50 more games, and are in jeopardy.
    The funniest thing is, when all is said and done, Peyton may not even be the best QB in his family (never mind Goat) as Eli has a much better chance to win another SB.  But so far it's Archie + Peyton+ Ellie=2  TB=3
    Here's a blast from the past:  TB won his very first game he ever started; a 44-13 win over the Manning led Colts.  He aint never looked back, never will! Bah.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I can honestly say I liked Manning/Dungy/Moore/ even Mora BUT HAVE NEVER, EVER, EVER LIKE BILL POLIAN.

I love this entire thread, congrats UD, you now have a chance at building a "team"

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]Also UD - Here is a column by a fellow Hoosier - Jason Whitlock: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/andrew-luck-should-avoid-playing-for-indianapolis-colts-010312 I wonder if you have thoughts?

Yea, I saw it.  Played football against whitlock (and George for that matter) in HS.  He's got a point.  Happy to see the pacers and hoosiers working their way back to relevance, but I don't believe that Irsay's simply going to stop trying to field a competitive team because Whitlock wrote a column. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Poilan(s) gets the boot : The dynasty is over, but the quality hasn't faded away. Again, no team has formed a dynasty in the cap era and ones that were in the pre cap era (PAckers, Steelers, 9ers, etc) all faded and were down for at least a decade+. Not here. You lost on your premise the millisecond you opened your old, smelly mouth. Name a dynasty in the cap era and name a batter GM in the cap era. You can't do it. FAIL
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

You really are a silly little clown. The truth to you is like holy water to vampire. It burns your delusions to a crisp pile of ashes.

Everybody with a couple of brain cells knows the dynasty was filled decisively with outstanding players BB inherited. I wish we had a few of them now. We might have a decent D.

How is that rebuilding plan on D with all those high draft picks you raved about in pre-season going? LMAO

When Brady goes the BB legend ends.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]TFB12 is 9-4 against the "one trick" ponies, and he is 8-4 vs the one trick pony, as a charlie would say thats "winning"  and there is ud6 bragging about 2 SB appearances, hmmmmm i guess based on this logic that 2 is greater than 4 right slob knob (ud6) and 9-10 in the postseason is better than 14-5, 7x one and done is greater than 2x one and done...oh wait it is greater but not what you would think, and i guess that 1 SB ring is greater than 3 SB RINGSSS (PLURAL), the only thing playtex has over brady is passing yards, td's and int's (just stats) but at the end of the day who has a better winning percentage (pssss, give you a clue ud6 its not a womanning but its....well.....TFB12, again manning is just ahead of trent dilfer....and thats not saying much now is it, while TFB is 1 of 4 QB's who has 3 or 4 super bowl rings  (again not playtex) and if playtex womanning was indeed the g.o.a.t.  well he would rise up and have multiple SB ringsss and a winning record in the playoffs but as you can see underputz these are the simple cold heart facts!!!!!!  TFB 8-4 against the mighty playtex and the ponies!!!
    Posted by brady-is-clutch[/QUOTE]
    LOL - the one comment pats fans always run to when they can't conjure up anything better - Tom Brady's record is better.  Tom Brady wasn't the NE Patriots which was proven in 2008 when the dominant defense was truly waning.  He is now.  Brady is finally carrying the team these past few years, like Manning has his entire career (as proven by this year's colts record). 

I've always wondered what guys like Bruschi, Vrabel, Seymour, McGinest, Wilfork, Warren, Samuel, Harrison, Law, Milloy, Vinatieri think when they see people talking about Tom Brady's record.  Didn't they have something to do with those victories?

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Poilan(s) gets the boot : LOL - the one comment pats fans always run to when they can't conjure up anything better - Tom Brady's record is better.  Tom Brady wasn't the NE Patriots which was proven in 2008 when the dominant defense was truly waning.  He is now.  Brady is finally carrying the team these past few years, like Manning has his entire career (as proven by this year's colts record).  I've always wondered what guys like Bruschi, Vrabel, Seymour, McGinest, Wilfork, Warren, Samuel, Harrison, Law, Milloy, Vinatieri think when they see people talking about Tom Brady's record.  Didn't they have something to do with those victories?
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Okay and what about Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Edgerrin James and an offensive line that was consisently rated as one of the top pass blocking lines in the league in the early 2000's.  Didn't they have something to do with Manning's statistics and victories?

You've already conceded that the Colts would have won more games if Orlovsky had started the entire season.  You stated previously the colts would have won 5-8 games.  Yet you continue to harp on Colt's record this year as "evidence" that Manning is the most valuable player ever since the 2008 Pats went 11-5 while ignoring the obvious context.  Matt Cassel /> Curtis Painter, Bill Belichick > Jim Caldwell not to mention that the 2008 Patriots played one of the easiest schedules in recent memory.

Manning is a great quarterback, but your arguments reek of the same "blind fandom" you criticize others for on this board.  You claim Patriots fans always default to TB's playoff record and SB victories as well as head to head matchups in the early 2000's when arguing about Manning.  Well Colt's fans always default to the Pat's defense while conveniently ignoring that Manning's supporting cast on offense was vastly superior at that time.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Poilan(s) gets the boot : When Brady goes the BB legend ends.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

This to me seems like a silly argument.  What executive/coach in the cap era has had success without good QB play?  Saying a team will not be good without good QB play in the modern NFL is besides the point.