Polian And Irsay Are Idiots!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

Polian And Irsay Are Idiots!!

Polian says Gronkowski failed Colts physical

New England Patriots Gronkowski is unable to reach last second pass in New York Giants endzone as the game ends in the NFL Super Bowl XLVI football game in IndianapolisReuters

When former Colts G.M. Bill Polian opted to join the media, we knew that he’d provide plenty of interesting nuggets.

He gave one up today.

Appearing with Ross Tucker on SiriusXM NFL Radio’s Opening Drive, Polian said that Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski failed a physical with the Colts prior to the 2010 draft.

Though it looks like excuse-making, the reality is that there were many different opinions regarding Gronkowski two years ago.  He had a serious back injury in college, which originally occurred while lifting weights.  Some teams viewed the situation as a potential career-limiter.  Other teams saw it as a non-issue.

So far, the Patriots guessed right, and the concerns helped them get him later in the draft process.  And teams like the Colts surely are kicking themselves for not taking a crack at Gronkowski before the 42nd overall selection in 2010.

The discrepancy regarding Gronkowski also highlights the reality that different teams could have different opinions regarding Colts quarterback Peyton Manning.  Indy’s doctors may choose to conclude that he’s not ready to go.  Physicians from other teams may disagree.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

Re: Polian And Irsay Are Idiots!!

who cares. their lost

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

How Can You pass On Gronk 
    ANd Let Kerry Collins be your starting QB

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

I disagree about how can you pass on Gronk. He was passed over 41-times before the Patriots took him. Looking back, he has been a lot more important to this team than McCourty who the took 15 picks earlier. If anyone thought Gronk has this potential, he would have been a top ten pick.

This a non-story. All it does is explain why he is a "former GM".

Has it come to bashing the Colts for a two-year old bad decision on a physical or an injured college player?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from akoko. Show akoko's posts

Isn't Bill Polian drafted Jerry Hughes couples of years ago and pass on Gronks I now see why is no more a GM thank anyway for passing on him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Or Yakv is the idiot. 

Yakv, I am sure, isn't aware that the Colts have a tight end on their roster that caught 100 balls for 1100 yards and 10 touchdowns the prior season and was a first team all pro. 

Hindsight is always a wonderful thing. 

I wonder if Yakv thinks Belichick and Kraft are idiots for taking Darius Butler when they could have had Jarius Byrd or Lesean McCoy or Conner Barwin who all happen to play positions which are areas of true need for the pats as opposed to the colts who passed on Gronkowski not only because of the physical but also likely because they already had an all-pro in Clark. 

Hindsight is one thing.  Fogged glasses is something completely different.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

Dallas Clark Is Injury Prone look at his stats this season 
    He will Be An FA soon so he can unite with peyton in miami 

Do tthe colts ever think of the future who will replace peyton ,
    dallas clarck , wayne 

yep keep drafting guys like donald brown ,gerry hughes , 
    Gonzalez 

good luck next year 
    you will need a lot 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Yep, he may be injury prone now, but was he in 2009 when he played 16 games, caught 100 balls for 1100 yds, 10 TD's and an All-Pro nod? 

Did you know that he was on pace for 99 balls in 2010 before he went down for the season with a wrist injury? 

So do you think Belichick and Kraft are idiots for taking Butler when they could have had those other players I mentioned?  One's an all-pro RB, the other recorded 11.5 sacks this year as a DE/LB and the 3rd is a Probowl DB.  Heck, the Pats could have had Mike Wallace that year, but chose Brandon Tate.  Bet that would have helped this year.  

Next time think before you write.  Know the territory.   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Further note - you want me to look at his stats THIS season as an indicator of relevance.  That's rich. 

Donald Brown showed flashes this year but by and large hasn't been what the colts hoped for.  Laurence Maroney anyone?  Gonzalez has been unfortunate due to his injuries.  If he had been able to stay healthy, I think you would have seen an excellent slot receiver.  He caught 57 balls in his second year. 

Hughes appears to be a whif no doubt.  Can't be perfect.  Chad Jackson anyone.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

In Response to Re: Polian And Irsay Are Idiots!!:
    [QUOTE]Further note - you want me to look at his stats THIS season as an indicator of relevance.  That's rich.  Donald Brown showed flashes this year but by and large hasn't been what the colts hoped for.  Laurence Maroney anyone?  Gonzalez has been unfortunate due to his injuries.  If he had been able to stay healthy, I think you would have seen an excellent slot receiver.  He caught 57 balls in his second year.  Hughes appears to be a whif no doubt.  Can't be perfect.  Chad Jackson anyone.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]
    I don;t know UD6.....  ALL you fickle COlts fans are looking at this one year while YOUR RUN PEYTON out of town..... ALL of you Loser COlts fans were looking at Peyton's one injury when you chose to root your team to lose every single game they could lose because you guys felt fine with SUCK FOR LUCK as your motto....

I am hoping that Luck decides he wants to play in SF... and does an ELWAY or ELI to the Colts..... Precedent has been set for great QB's saying No to the team that drafts them.....  SO Peyton walks because the FAN BASE has been such azzes.... and I an hoping he will want to go play near his ALMA MATER      (tennesseee) and stick it to the colts....  Then he could show IRSAY how disgusted he was by the SUCK FOR LUCK campaign 2X/yr.....
    One year you clowns come to this forum saying Peyton walks on water is so much better than Brady.. and the next you say SUCK FOR LUCK- he is the real future of our team.  QB's play until they are 38-40 ( the good ones)....   SO WHICH IS IT?..... SUCK FOR LUCK- OR PEYTON IS THE BEST?   Peyton hopefully will see the light, and go to a team that can punish the COLTS for the way you have been this year.   YOU stood with him when he was up- and TRASHED him when he got hurt.....   WHether Polian and Irsay are idiots is MOOT they fit in here in INDY.... and trhe case was ajudicated when they left Baltimore and STOLE the franchise name.... as they snuck out of town.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Polian And Irsay Are Idiots!! : UD6, no doubt the Patriots and the Colts as well as the other 30 teams in the NFL have made their share of mistakes in the draft as well as free agency. Here is the difference in the 2 organizations... one team has 7 one and outs in the playoffs and is not relevant today and the other team has gone to 5 SB's in 11 years and is still relevant. Well perhaps i should correct myself they are relevant i guess because they have the 1st pick in the draft.
    Posted by jri37[/QUOTE]
    Can't argue most of this.  The 7 one and outs are glaring, and when you look at those games you see strong deficiencies in the stats on defense. 

As for relevance, well, we all know what happened this year and as a colts fan I can only hope that this will be turned around next year.  We will see. 

Your post doesn't really doesn't fit the thread, but given how poorly you performed yesterday, I am not surprised to see you back taking new swings.  Good work.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Polian And Irsay Are Idiots!! : I don;t know UD6.....  ALL you fickle COlts fans are looking at this one year while YOUR RUN PEYTON out of town..... ALL of you Loser COlts fans were looking at Peyton's one injury when you chose to root your team to lose every single game they could lose because you guys felt fine with SUCK FOR LUCK as your motto.... I am hoping that Luck decides he wants to play in SF... and does an ELWAY or ELI to the Colts..... Precedent has been set for great QB's saying No to the team that drafts them.....  SO Peyton walks because the FAN BASE has been such azzes.... and I an hoping he will want to go play near his ALMA MATER      (tennesseee) and stick it to the colts....  Then he could show IRSAY how disgusted he was by the SUCK FOR LUCK campaign 2X/yr..... One year you clowns come to this forum saying Peyton walks on water is so much better than Brady.. and the next you say SUCK FOR LUCK- he is the real future of our team.  QB's play until they are 38-40 ( the good ones)....   SO WHICH IS IT?..... SUCK FOR LUCK- OR PEYTON IS THE BEST?   Peyton hopefully will see the light, and go to a team that can punish the COLTS for the way you have been this year.   YOU stood with him when he was up- and TRASHED him when he got hurt.....   WHether Polian and Irsay are idiots is MOOT they fit in here in INDY.... and trhe case was ajudicated when they left Baltimore and STOLE the franchise name.... as they snuck out of town.
    Posted by FenwayChuck[/QUOTE]

Fickle?  Please elaborate.  I hope you are not saying that because there are some colts fans who think the colts should move on from Manning that we are fickle, because this board is freaking all over the place with blame and get rid of this guy or that guy the week after someone has a bad performance.  Remember all of the love that was showered on Haynesworth on this board.  remember how dramatically it shifted after he was let go?  So, I really hope you mean something different by fickle, because this board is rampant with exactly the same kind of talk even within a winning season. 

Believe it or not, I am rooting for Manning to regain strength in his throwing arm and come back to the colts.  And I am not sure the suck for luck motto was Indy's but rather a media generated motto that had rhyming cache.  But look, if you want to assign that to us (you're a pats fan), have at it.  I happen to think that you may be overly internalizing what you think the locals think both of Manning and Manning continuing with the colts.  That's your fandom taking over for your rationality, and it is evident in your post.  

I happen to think Peyton Manning is the best QB of his generation, and I hope he recovers and comes back to play for the colts.  But it is truly a tricky situation because there is no accepted time frame for one's nerves to regenerate enough to have the strength to throw the ball effectively.  You might know this if you understood the situation a little better, but you seem to be more consumed with fandom than rationality.  That's ok.  It just makes you look dumb.  

As for leaving Baltimore, I can't not defend it.  Without it Indy probably would have never had a franchise.  Beyond that I support any property owners decision to do what is necessary to keep his property that is being threatened by takeover via legislative eminent domain.   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Polian And Irsay Are Idiots!! : Facts are facts... The only thing in my post that wasn't factual was the relevancy statement which is subjective. as far as yesterday exchange is concerned the only thing that came out of that exchange was that you think you are a mind reader and know the intent of every poster or at minimum my "intent". The posts from yesterday speak for themselves.
    Posted by jri37[/QUOTE]

careful - your nose is growing.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

In Response to Polian And Irsay Are Idiots!!:
    [QUOTE]Polian says Gronkowski failed Colts physical Posted by Mike Florio on February 7, 2012, 10:43 PM EST Reuters When former Colts G.M. Bill Polian opted to join the media, we knew that he’d provide plenty of interesting nuggets. He gave one up today. Appearing with Ross Tucker on SiriusXM NFL Radio’s  Opening Drive , Polian said that Patriots tight end  Rob Gronkowski  failed a physical with the Colts prior to the 2010 draft. Though it looks like excuse-making, the reality is that  there were many different opinions  regarding Gronkowski two years ago.  He had a serious back injury in college, which originally occurred while lifting weights.  Some teams viewed the situation as a potential career-limiter.  Other teams saw it as a non-issue. So far, the Patriots guessed right, and the concerns helped them get him later in the draft process.  And teams like the Colts surely are kicking themselves for not taking a crack at Gronkowski before the 42nd overall selection in 2010. The discrepancy regarding Gronkowski also highlights the reality that different teams could have different opinions regarding Colts quarterback  Peyton Manning .  Indy’s doctors may choose to conclude that he’s not ready to go.  Physicians from other teams may disagree.
    Posted by yakv[/QUOTE]

And?  Polian is out of job and Irsay faces a decade of lousy football and he desrves it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Irsay deserve a lousy decade of football?  explain.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Polian And Irsay Are Idiots!! : Fickle?  Please elaborate.  I hope you are not saying that because there are some colts fans who think the colts should move on from Manning that we are fickle, because this board is freaking all over the place with blame and get rid of this guy or that guy the week after someone has a bad performance.  Remember all of the love that was showered on Haynesworth on this board.  remember how dramatically it shifted after he was let go?  So, I really hope you mean something different by fickle, because this board is rampant with exactly the same kind of talk even within a winning season.  Believe it or not, I am rooting for Manning to regain strength in his throwing arm and come back to the colts.  And I am not sure the suck for luck motto was Indy's but rather a media generated motto that had rhyming cache.  But look, if you want to assign that to us (you're a pats fan), have at it.  I happen to think that you may be overly internalizing what you think the locals think both of Manning and Manning continuing with the colts.  That's your fandom taking over for your rationality, and it is evident in your post.   I happen to think Peyton Manning is the best QB of his generation, and I hope he recovers and comes back to play for the colts.  But it is truly a tricky situation because there is no accepted time frame for one's nerves to regenerate enough to have the strength to throw the ball effectively.  You might know this if you understood the situation a little better, but you seem to be more consumed with fandom than rationality.  That's ok.  It just makes you look dumb.   As for leaving Baltimore, I can't not defend it.  Without it Indy probably would have never had a franchise.  Beyond that I support any property owners decision to do what is necessary to keep his property that is being threatened by takeover via legislative eminent domain.   
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

UD6, 

Don't pay attention to the ramblings of this charactor. As much as I can't root for Indy because your team is the opposition, I like many here respect your team and Manning. In the same vein I can't stand Koby Bryant and the Lakers, but I have to respect the team and Koby because they continually put a winning team on the floor. Let's all hope Manning recovers completely, but just not win against the Patriots. 

Hetchinspete

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Polian And Irsay Are Idiots!! : And?  Polian is out of job and Irsay faces a decade of lousy football and he desrves it.
    Posted by Dessalines[/QUOTE]

Please explain why Irsay deserves what you say. What is your logic if you have any. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]How Can You pass On Gronk  ANd Let Kerry Collins be your starting QB
    Posted by yakv[/QUOTE]

This is the golden nugget of this entire thread. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

Fickle?  Please elaborate.  I hope you are not saying that because there are some colts fans who think the colts should move on from Manning that we are fickle, because this board is freaking all over the place with blame and get rid of this guy or that guy the week after someone has a bad performance.  Remember all of the love that was showered on Haynesworth on this board.  remember how dramatically it shifted after he was let go?  So, I really hope you mean something different by fickle, because this board is rampant with exactly the same kind of talk even within a winning season. 

REALLY?  DId you just comepare the GRAT PEYTON MANNING savior of all the corn fields to ALbert Haynesworth?   THAT proves my point exactly! 

SOME COLTS fans?  Remember UD6 I live in this place....  I hear you fools.... daily.   SOME is very much and understatement....  I would say more than 80% of you prayed through the suck for luck campaign..... I actually sat in bar and watched/listened to people ( when the colts and rams were tied - week 14 was it) while people wearing colts jersies applauded the other team scoring againt the colts... HUH?   I actually watched Curtis Painter get a standing Ovation when he threw a Pick 6.....     YOU GUYS ARE DEFINITELY UNIQUE.....

Oh and I loved when championship weekend was over and you had seen that ELI made the BOWL..... EVER SINGLE NEWS CHANNEL had some version of ELI is coming to save PEYTON's HOUSE...... LOL...... Now you guys can;t wait to throw the guy whomade your team out the door.... when you are called on it - you choose ALbert Haynesworth as an example?   YOU clowns had Manning for 10 years... he is a child of your system.... We had Haynesworth for 10 WEEKS.... he was a Project.....  I see the comparison.... STUPID!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Polian And Irsay Are Idiots!! : UD6,  Don't pay attention to the ramblings of this charactor. As much as I can't root for Indy because your team is the opposition, I like many here respect your team and Manning. In the same vein I can't stand Koby Bryant and the Lakers, but I have to respect the team and Koby because they continually put a winning team on the floor. Let's all hope Manning recovers completely, but just not win against the Patriots.  Hetchinspete
    Posted by Hetchinspete[/QUOTE]

Understood.  I root against the pats, but that doesn't mean I don't respect them. btw - the celts are starting to play well.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Polian And Irsay Are Idiots!! : This is the golden nugget of this entire thread. 
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]

It might be if the two were at all related.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]Fickle?  Please elaborate.  I hope you are not saying that because there are some colts fans who think the colts should move on from Manning that we are fickle, because this board is freaking all over the place with blame and get rid of this guy or that guy the week after someone has a bad performance.  Remember all of the love that was showered on Haynesworth on this board.  remember how dramatically it shifted after he was let go?  So, I really hope you mean something different by fickle, because this board is rampant with exactly the same kind of talk even within a winning season. 

REALLY?  DId you just comepare the GRAT PEYTON MANNING savior of all the corn fields to ALbert Haynesworth?   THAT proves my point exactly!  SOME COLTS fans?  Remember UD6 I live in this place....  I hear you fools.... daily.   SOME is very much and understatement....  I would say more than 80% of you prayed through the suck for luck campaign..... I actually sat in bar and watched/listened to people ( when the colts and rams were tied - week 14 was it) while people wearing colts jersies applauded the other team scoring againt the colts... HUH?  
    Gosh - I don't know whether you are giving pats fans or Indy people a bad name.  If you are from Indy, its both.  If you are transplanted then I just breathed a sigh of relief.  You see, I was not comparing Manning to Haynesworth.  I was comparing fans, and my point was that pats fans on this board change their mind weekly, and yes some, even without an injury to Brady have already suggested that maybe the pats move on from him.  so yes your fans are as fickle, and maybe more so, as any.  I live in this place as well, and I have yet to meet one person, and as a native, I know many, who've cheered the colts losses, who've prayed to lose games so that indy might have the first pick.  However, when the colts got to 0-13, its not unreasonable to consider the future, especially if, as so many were reporting, Manning's career was over.  Heck, there are some on this board that want to jetison Brady after he took the team to the superbowl.  Go figure. 

I actually watched Curtis Painter get a standing Ovation when he threw a Pick 6.....     YOU GUYS ARE DEFINITELY UNIQUE..... Oh and I loved when championship weekend was over and you had seen that ELI made the BOWL..... EVER SINGLE NEWS CHANNEL had some version of ELI is coming to save PEYTON's HOUSE...... LOL...... Now you guys can;t wait to throw the guy whomade your team out the door.... when you are called on it - you choose ALbert Haynesworth as an example?   YOU clowns had Manning for 10 years... he is a child of your system.... We had Haynesworth for 10 WEEKS.... he was a Project.....  I see the comparison.... STUPID!
    I've taken every word you've written in the context of your fandom and your agenda.  Its because of this that little to none of it is believeable.  Sure Bob Kravitz writes that the colts should move on from Manning, but you just had a columnist from the Globe Rip Brady a new one for not winning the SB.  These guys write for reaction.  at least Kravitz, has a credible reason for his thinking - there's no guarantee Manning will ever play again.  How is it that pats fans can so regularly praise the ruthlessness of Belichick's "its a business" mentality and then try to criticize colts fans for thinking it may be time to move on from a player who may never play another down in the NFL.  Try rationality on for once.  It may suit you. 

Finally I'll say again - I hope Manning can play, and I hope that he will be back with the colts if he can.  I don't think any player gives them a better chance to win.
    Posted by FenwayChuck[/QUOTE]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Finally I'll say again - I hope Manning can play, and I hope that he will be back with the colts if he can. I don't think any player gives them a better chance to win. 

Actually dumping Payatons 35 million dollar salary (28 bonus + 7 base)  and paying Luck 12 million gives them a better chance to win.
    That's 23 mill to put on improving the rest of the team so that it doesn't implode when the QB goes down.
    Basic math 101.