POLLARD tackle on Gronk is a popular injury-causing maneuver

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPAT. Show SANPAT's posts

Re: POLLARD tackle on Gronk is a popular injury-causing maneuver

In response to "Re: POLLARD tackle on Gronk is a popular injury-causing maneuver": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: POLLARD tackle on Gronk is a popular injury-causing maneuver : I have to agree with 49Patriot on this one. Seems to me some of you guys are looking for things that aren't there. Makes you look like a 'sore winner! Posted by Steelcurtain75[/QUOTE] Whats ur analysis on superbowl matchup? Curious to read what u think.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maddog67. Show Maddog67's posts

Pollard is a punk b!tch - absolutlely no sportmanship or honor at all - here's hoping some really bad karma comes his way soon.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurienyc13. Show laurienyc13's posts

As far as the tackle, it dd look ok but from what I saw it was what he did when they were on the ground. It looked to me like he was twisting his lower leg. He is a player that sets out to hurt. He is even saying that he hopes The Pats lose! I'm sure most players don't root for the team that beat them and sent them home but today it seems childish.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dyslexic. Show dyslexic's posts

Waters played with this jerk in KC and said he never showed any remorse after taking out Brady. In fact he was very proud of it.

Here's a piece that Mike Reiss posted today about a Pollard interview with a link to it.

http://sportsradiointerviews.com/2012/01/24/bernard-pollard-baltimore-ravens-patriots-super-bowl-xlvi/

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

And apparently he doesn't care. See last paragraph

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/24/bernard-pollard-hopes-the-giants-thrash-the-patriots/

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

In Response to Re: POLLARD tackle on Gronk is a popular injury-causing maneuver:
    [QUOTE]In response to "Re: POLLARD tackle on Gronk is a popular injury-causing maneuver": Whats ur analysis on superbowl matchup? Curious to read what u think.
    Posted by SANPAT[/QUOTE]

SanPat, thanks for asking. I am picking the Patriots. The Giants seem to be playing well at the right time again, but I look for Brady to have a big game. Although I didn't think he played that bad against the Ravens (This would have been a good game for many QB's around the NFL), I believe he feels he played bad, and I think that will be what really motivates him for the SB.
      I don't want to even predict a score, but I believe the Patriots are the best team in the NFL, and so mentally tough...An extension of their coach. The last Super Bowl they met, all the pressure was on the Patriots. I think most thought they would beat the Giants by at least a couple TD's.
      This year, the during the whole season, the so-called experts & even many of the New England fans (On Here) had their doubts they would even be here. I believe the Patriots will be much looser going into this SB.
       I'm looking forward to the game, I don't think anybody could have picked a better match-up than this. Good luck, be nice to see Brady get Ring #4 (And although he isn't playing much anymore, be nice to see Kevin Faulk get another ring before he hangs it up. I have always like the way he got every ounce out of the talent he had. Always seem to be a big spark, especially picking up first downs out of the backfield on third down. He also seems like a good guy!)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Re: POLLARD tackle on Gronk is a popular injury-causing maneuver:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: POLLARD tackle on Gronk is a popular injury-causing maneuver :   SanPat, thanks for asking. I am picking the Patriots. The Giants seem to be playing well at the right time again, but I look for Brady to have a big game. Although I didn't think he played that bad against the Ravens (This would have been a good game for many QB's around the NFL), I believe he feels he played bad, and I think that will be what really motivates him for the SB.   I don't want to even predict a score, but I believe the Patriots are the best team in the NFL, and so mentally tough...An extension of their coach. The last Super Bowl they met, all the pressure was on the Patriots. I think most thought they would beat the Giants by at least a couple TD's.   This year, the during the whole season, the so-called experts & even many of the New England fans (On Here) had their doubts they would even be here. I believe the Patriots will be much looser going into this SB.    I'm looking forward to the game, I don't think anybody could have picked a better match-up than this. Good luck, be nice to see Brady get Ring #4 (And although he isn't playing much anymore, be nice to see Kevin Faulk get another ring before he hangs it up. I have always like the way he got every ounce out of the talent he had. Always seem to be a big spark, especially picking up first downs out of the backfield on third down. He also seems like a good guy!)
    Posted by Steelcurtain75[/QUOTE]

Many good points I hadn't really thought of in here... and I agree with you on the Kevin Faulk thing.  Always been a Patriot at heart, and this year in a reduced role has still been a Patriot.  Also would be nice to see Welker get one.  That guy has played at the highest level since he got here, and I would like to see him rewarded with the ultimate prize AND a fat contract.  He earned it from what he ALREADY did.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: POLLARD tackle on Gronk is a popular injury-causing maneuver :Disagree on your second point about Williams and the Giants, I think it is "all in the game".  If you know a CB has a bad hamstring you are going to test him out.  Same principle.  It is a violent game and if the Giants thought they could get an edge by hitting Williams hard, that is fair.  And it might just have worked.  I think they are stupid for saying it in the media though.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

I have to disagree here. It is not the same principle. The NFL has been trying to eliminate helmet to helmet hits for the sole reason of minimizing head injuries because we now realize how much they can haunt a person for the rest of their lives. Doesn't matter if its playoffs or not. You don't directly focus on taking a guy out by targeting his head. That's bush league.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to "Re: POLLARD tackle on Gronk is a popular injury-causing maneuver": [QUOTE]Waters played with this jerk in KC and said he never showed any remorse after taking out Brady. In fact he was very proud of it. Here's a piece that Mike Reiss posted today about a Pollard interview with a link to it. http://sportsradiointerviews.com/2012/01/24/bernard-pollard-baltimore-ravens-patriots-super-bowl-xlvi/ Posted by dyslexic[/QUOTE] I think your post says it all. The attitude of good sportsmanship is completely missing. This beatch likes injuring opponents because he knows how important it is to knock out top players . That's his game plan and he makes it obvious with his comments and the injuries he's caused. I didn't know he was a raven until the wildcard game. I immediately had a sh!tty feeling about his potential impact on the game against the patriots. Now he's front and center showing his true colors... My first reaction after the cundiff FG went wide was ... "GEt THE FU!k out of our stadium a$sholes!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

ur right about pollard being dirty and hateful. seems to really have a beef with the pats!

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/7498386/bernard-pollard-hopes-new-york-giants-put-thrashing-new-england-patriots

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

I believe that the hit that injured Brady was dirty, but I don't have a problem with this one.
      Ben Coates suffered a terrible number of shots directed at his knees.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]Pollard demonstrated amazing body control on the tipped interception in the end zone... This contributes to the evidence or the profile of this guy being a controlled measured assassin type. He also took a run at Hernandez's head on a running play and just missed.
    Posted by coolade2[/QUOTE]

Also when BJGE got his helemt ripped off Pollard was coming in low to his knees. Hernandezs did give him a little shove in the back but it reminded me of Bradys knee injury. He was going low the entire time. Dirt Bag. You guys should watch that if you have it recorded.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Just like a lucky 9-7 giants team doesn't belong in the SB, neither does a team that plays dirty like the ravens. Good riddance ...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CharlestonDude. Show CharlestonDude's posts

I have to say that I don't care for Pollard very much.  I also think that IF he played for the Patriots his name would be Rodney Harrison.  And, I love me some Rodney.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to "Re: POLLARD tackle on Gronk is a popular injury-causing maneuver": [QUOTE]I have to say that I don't care for Pollard very much.  I also think that IF he played for the Patriots his name would be Rodney Harrison.  And, I love me some Rodney. Posted by CharlestonDude[/QUOTE] Glad you brought up Rodney ... He had his knee ripped up by an "accidental" crackback in 2005 in Pittsburgh. Hopefully the same awaits pollard...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPAT. Show SANPAT's posts

In response to "Re: POLLARD tackle on Gronk is a popular injury-causing maneuver": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: POLLARD tackle on Gronk is a popular injury-causing maneuver :   SanPat, thanks for asking. I am picking the Patriots. The Giants seem to be playing well at the right time again, but I look for Brady to have a big game. Although I didn't think he played that bad against the Ravens (This would have been a good game for many QB's around the NFL), I believe he feels he played bad, and I think that will be what really motivates him for the SB.   I don't want to even predict a score, but I believe the Patriots are the best team in the NFL, and so mentally tough...An extension of their coach. The last Super Bowl they met, all the pressure was on the Patriots. I think most thought they would beat the Giants by at least a couple TD's.   This year, the during the whole season, the so-called experts & even many of the New England fans (On Here) had their doubts they would even be here. I believe the Patriots will be much looser going into this SB.    I'm looking forward to the game, I don't think anybody could have picked a better match-up than this. Good luck, be nice to see Brady get Ring #4 (And although he isn't playing much anymore, be nice to see Kevin Faulk get another ring before he hangs it up. I have always like the way he got every ounce out of the talent he had. Always seem to be a big spark, especially picking up first downs out of the backfield on third down. He also seems like a good guy!) Posted by Steelcurtain75[/QUOTE] Appreciate the thoughts. Yes Faulk is true team player!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: POLLARD tackle on Gronk is a popular injury-causing maneuver": Glad you brought up Rodney ... He had his knee ripped up by an "accidental" crackback in 2005 in Pittsburgh. Hopefully the same awaits pollard...
    Posted by coolade2[/QUOTE]was thinking the same thing. great CONTRARIAN perspective. we dont want to see it in the same way we would hate pedroia if he played for another baseball team or marchand if he played for another hockey team. we all hated harrison til he came to foxboro. i would love to see mr. pollard in foxboro with the pats jersey on! he's a tough fearless intense guy! u bet bb would like to have him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: POLLARD tackle on Gronk is a popular injury-causing maneuver : Gotta agree with that one. When Brady got injured, these boards were filled with threads labelling Pollard a dirty player.  Some of those posters are in this thread right now. The reality was, the Brady hit looked dirty, but it wasn't yet an illegal hit in the NFL. 
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]

Yes it was. It was illegal after it happened to Carson Palmer in the 2005 playoffs.

After Brady, the NFL immediately stated (that day in fact) that the hit was legal. In the off-season, the rules committee pointed to the rule and, without changing or adding any words, stated that there would be an emphasis on Rule 12 Section 2 Article 12.  Again, they did not change any words, they just said it would be emphasized. Some media reported it to be an addendum, but that was factually incorrect.

The NFL just blew smoke about the incident. To protect the refs, they said it didn't break a rule, hence no flag for a potential career-ending injury on well-known QB. Then, when it was quiet, they pretended they were fixing a rule that already existed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]It was dangerous how he took him down, but legal....and realistically that may be the only way to take down a guy as big as Gronk.  I did find it a little dirty how long POLLARD held on,  he got up before gronk and for a little while he held on to his ankles....that right there can cause enough weight displacement to break someone's ankles.   stuff like that happens all the time, and I'm not going to complain because Gronk is fine and we won the game...but if he did do that on Purpose then Pollard is a *****
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh[/QUOTE]

Yup, and he gave an extra twist after Gronk was already down.  That, to me, was intent to play dirty and injure after the play had ended. 

The face mask helmet rip on Benny with a defender trying to go head-to-head on his unprotected skull, the twist on Gronks injured ankle, the late hit by Lewis on Brady after Brady cleary had scored, it begs the question I offered before the game, where the Ravens employing a headhunting reward system, as they have been known to do against the Pats?  I am guessing "yes", but these Ravens are too savy to let it go public again.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

The most flagrant shot was the facemask on Law Firm. That was called and the O crammed the ball down their throats on with Law Firm on the next play.  Gronk should be healthy for the Super Bowl. And Pollard will always be dirt.