Positives???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

Re: Positives???

I got drunk! That was a positve!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3993225. Show user_3993225's posts

The only positive of this game was that the Defense managed to hold Pitt to FG most of them time in the red zone.  Other than that the execution in all stages of the game was terrible.  On offense the penalties (4 false starts? really?) and inconsistent pass protection were problems.  On defense they could not get off the field to save their lives.  10/16 on 3rd down doesn't even tell the story considering how many of them were 3rd and a mile.  30 pass attempts against you in one half is just embarrassing.  Between the missed fg and the pathetic excuse for what was supposed to be an onside kick special teams was bad too.  The entire team looked sluggish for most of the game as have most of the teams coming off the bye this year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPAT. Show SANPAT's posts

I was MVP of the game played in monrning and got a trophy!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Positives???

Ok, I'm over the loss.

Losses like that are digested quick because we just got outplayed.  There is no special analysis needed.

We all know at this point, that we are not a great team, but the question should be can/will get better and HOW?....and I will let you guys hash that out..lol

Im Done, Im just gonna try to focus on what positives came out that game.

# 1) Kevin Faulk is back, and healthy and looks like he still has that shiftiness and can still do damage running out the shotgun on draws and catching out the backfield, but where was the trademark Screens that would have worked so well against the Steelers.

# 2.) I saw a new face in the secondary,(Phillip Adams I believe) and he didnt give up a TD, and looks like a big kid. Maybe he can hold his own.(im half joking)

#3.) ummmmm, someone help me out here....theres gotta be atleast 3 positives right?  Well Brady didnt get injured..thats good news.

#4.) Well, the Ravens and Saints looked like crap too.....so that means there are not top teams and blah, blah...

5.) I still have my health, my family and a Job!

Anyone else care to add....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

As bad as they played they only lost by one score. 

Carter and Anderson are getting better each game, too bad the secondary can't cover anyone give them enough time to get to the QB.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

They will probably finish 12-4 and make the playoffs. If they can pick up steam in the last month they can win the SB. See- GB (10-6 last year), and a plethora of other teams for examples. First you worry about surviving the regular season and making the playoffs before you start counting how many points you want to be favored in the SB. With 2 more losses though, this board will want everyone fired and have them as 30 point underdogs in the playoffs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ASO9771. Show ASO9771's posts

the secondary can't cover anyone give them enough time to get to the QB.

Not sure it's the Secondary CAN't cover.....  It looked like they didn't WANT to cover..  The  3rd and 15 and 3rd 11 plays the Steelers Receivers were STANDING in a dead stop waiting on the ball to get to them. Pats 5-10 yards off..  the 3rd and 11 was the worst. How do you let the receiver sit on the first down yardage... there where three Pats around and NOT ONE COVERING HIM !!!!
    Great stops on YAC (ha)- BUT after a 15 yard pick up on third down. they didn't need YAC.    W.T.F!!!!????

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I watched the game from my elliptical machine and had so much frustrated energy I went four miles further than I usually do . . .

Then I ate a pizza.

True story.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Andre Carter looked good( and was held so many times I pissed of the neighbors with all the expletives I yelled at the TV)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Positives are that we have lots of room for improvement on both sides of the ball and are 5-2.

I don't see how the secondary will improve but if it can we will get better, oh yeah also the pressure on the Qb can improve, and the middle of the field has been wide open for about 4 years now. If we can figure that out we should get better too.

Lots of potential. I hope we right the ship.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

Agree, Carter is looking good and it's a pick up that flew under the radar.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bspikes55. Show Bspikes55's posts

Carter looked good in a 3-4 leauge he is one of the ebst 4-3 ends in the AFC. Faulk did look ok but slow at times and I think danny woodhead is being burnt in not playinf the 2008 monday night esq not getting in the endzone reminded me this guy is 36 or w.e. I think ihedego is horrible josh barret or sergio brown need to return 44 is slow and cant cover anyone mcourty was mediocre

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

In Response to Re: Positives???:
    [QUOTE]Carter looked good in a 3-4 leauge he is one of the ebst 4-3 ends in the AFC. Faulk did look ok but slow at times and I think danny woodhead is being burnt in not playinf the 2008 monday night esq not getting in the endzone reminded me this guy is 36 or w.e. I think ihedego is horrible josh barret or sergio brown need to return 44 is slow and cant cover anyone mcourty was mediocre
    Posted by Bspikes55[/QUOTE]

These are positives?!?!?

lol, you arent helping me out here buddy!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

Well, Wilfork showed up. I thought his sack of Big Ben demonstrated how great this player really is. Watch it. While he's engaged with a Pouncey, he has his eyes on Ben and does a spin move to sack him, knowing where he'd be. I thought this was amazing. Big Vince impresses me so much every week. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]I think we can be sure that handing the ball to Hernandez is not nearly as good of an idea as throwing it to him. 
    Posted by HaverhillBob[/QUOTE]

Strange when your TE gets more carries then 3 other RB's.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from manowar333. Show manowar333's posts

Can't pressure, can't cover, can't tackle, can't get off the field on 3 and LONGGGGGG, can't keep Brady standing in the pocket, can't stretch the field, can't make halftime adjustments, can't mount a opening second half drive, can't even come CLOSE to executing something that even RESEMBLES an onside kick, out-gameplanned on both sides of the ball, can't get motivated coming into Pittsburgh off of a bye week,  can't trust the defense that the "genius" himself put together, wasting away Brady's last few years for "value" picks...  Not many positives in there...  Maybe that Brady didn't get killed, so at least he'll get us a few more 11 win seasons and a couple 1-and-dones in the playoffs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

good catch Bungle.

Vince is the MVP so far.,,... on defense, but when I checked, he was the only player nominated....so I guess he gets it by default

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

[QUOTE]Well, Wilfork showed up. I thought his sack of Big Ben demonstrated how great this player really is. Watch it. While he's engaged with a Pouncey, he has his eyes on Ben and does a spin move to sack him, knowing where he'd be. I thought this was amazing. Big Vince impresses me so much every week.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eY1F8VtOwo
    Posted by mrbungle[/QUOTE]

great play, I remember when they showed the replay it was even more impressive than it appeared in real time.  The dline got to the qb and took him down a few times yesterday.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bspikes55. Show Bspikes55's posts

unfortunatly i didnt see much positives mayb we actually played taylor price everything else was horrible. Including connoly getting man handled

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

The red zone defense was not half bad.  No major injuries.  Price looked great running down the field, too bad Brady threw it short.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Yes, we did have a Taylor Price sighting yesterday and he seemed to get good seperation on his route. Too bad TB couldn't connect with him because it would have went for a big gain. I'd like to see more of this. Maybe this is a positive Jay?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from HaverhillBob. Show HaverhillBob's posts

I think we can be sure that handing the ball to Hernandez is not nearly as good of an idea as throwing it to him. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Let's keep it simple.

NFL football is entertainment and our lives are more important.

Given that, We have a great QB and a lot of great players. We have had a lot of success over the past decade + and there have been a lot of positive surprises and great memories. Playing in the NFL or simply being a fan requires a lot of humility as we are going to make big mistakes (player selection, game plan, execution of plays) from time to time. This is what we need to expect. We need to be grateful for what goes well vs. crying about not being perfect or not being #1.

Mostly, I am glad we are still alive and have the willingness and ability to make changes for the better in all areas of our  lives.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

They get to play another week!

25. This post has been removed.