Positives

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotsfan96. Show patriotsfan96's posts

Re: Positives

Arrington? You must be joking! He can play only as a nickle CB. He sucks man-to-man!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I thought Ninkovich was very good.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

The first string defense played great considering they had to play on short fields on crappy turnovers.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotsfan96. Show patriotsfan96's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

In response to patriotsfan96's comment:

[QUOTE]

Arrington? You must be joking! He can play only as a nickle CB. He sucks man-to-man!!

Are you just repeating rhetoric you have read on the boards here for years or can you refer to a play last night?

Hmm.

Like I said, he's quietly had a nice preseason so far.

[/QUOTE]

Poor thing, didn't know you are blind

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Arrington is limited, not sure what you are seeing.  He really isn't that good.  His contract is a joke.

As I have said many times, I think Thompkins is the best Pats WR. Inside and outside.  This kid is good.  Might not be the fastest on paper but he sure looks like he is out on the field.

I don't get the hate with Nink, I like the way he plays.

The thing that bothers me is lack of heart I seen out on the field last night.  Looks like the only guy playing with any heart  was Thompkins and he has a spot already.  And when the going gets tough in big games heart is what you need.  I felt like that was the cause of the Jets playoff loss in 2010, Ravens playoff loss in 2012, and SB loss in 2011.  So to see it show its ugly head again last night it bothers me.  Preseason or not!

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Arrington is a solid tackler. See I can be nice. The problem I have is he still plays like a special teamer , leading with his helmet and is gonna get hurt. he needs to learn how to tackle without giving himself brain damage. Outside of tackling,. he is average. The one defensive positive I saw was that this kid Rashad White is a big dude and when he got in he pushed the pocket back, but he didnt play much. He looks like he can help more than these other stiffs I saw playing the line.

Collins is still loss and trying to carve out a role. He is learning to play on his feet and im not sure how long it will take or when he will be used or how. Just a nice athlete right now. Lets hope collectively we have all the backers we need to play situational wise

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Arrington is limited, not sure what you are seeing.  He really isn't that good.  His contract is a joke.

As I have said many times, I think Thompkins is the best Pats WR. Inside and outside.  This kid is good.  Might not be the fastest on paper but he sure looks like he is out on the field.

I don't get the hate with Nink, I like the way he plays.

The thing that bothers me is lack of heart I seen out on the field last night.  Looks like the only guy playing with any heart  was Thompkins and he has a spot already.  And when the going gets tough in big games heart is what you need.  I felt like that was the cause of the Jets playoff loss in 2010, Ravens playoff loss in 2012, and SB loss in 2011.  So to see it show its ugly head again last night it bothers me.  Preseason or not!

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

I would agree. We have seen a lot on Arrington between camp and preseason, and mostly it has been on the outside. He is exposed outside, and clearly is a liability on the outside. I do have to wonder if the reason RAs is still here is because of the performnce on Arrington on the outside, and the uncertainty of Dennard the first few weeks

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

yea whats up with Dennard and I thought Ras was healthy again. Why no time for him. He is gone IMO because he has yet to get any game time in. I dont wanna see any M.Cole. Atleast we have Ryan who may be better than arrington in a year or two. He can tackle like Arrington but wraps up and doesnt head hunt. Looks ok in coverage.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Haven't seen the whole game yet but...

Not surprised they had a clunker. It was sort of a short week and we do have clunkers every once in a while - especially against big tough dlines which give us fits. And after things have been too easy

So what i saw

-the pass protection and running lanes were below par and add the turnovers - not good   at all- I cannot get on the rbs and receivers except for TO's

- I felt like i did during the 2 sb's when  watching the Oline - not good

- tb was throwing very well once again

-against top teams the key to this offense will be the Oline - we will blow the average teams out

- Mallett can only get better if he is on the field longer - i hope this year BB pulls TB when we are up big in the second half- hope I never see TT except to wrap up garbage time in the 4th preseaon game and off the team

- really could not judge the rbs and receivers - except for TO's - due to the Oline which i guess is my really only worry on offense

- I think Fells and Sufeld will be fine as TE's but as we all know the big dog is the Gronk - he just makes everybody better- pUp list is fine with me

I liked the D in the first half - they kept us in the game - and we didn't have VW!

I really only worry about the depth with d tackles, and the 2nd safety play- hopefully when the game planning/ scheming starts they will all jell. We have  many more players with spped now and can mix and match and confuse -btw - Arrington is a nickle cb only - but good at it

All the rookies had at least 1 play they will get coached up on - altough Tompkins was just a drop

Am still trying to project W L record

Games in Division 5-1 - jets/bills/phins - but will favored in all

Games against AFC Division Champs 2-1 - Balt- Houston- Denver - Balt lost their #1 WR and too much D and Denver' s D is much less too - the biggeswt quesstion is can PM only throw to one side *like lat yera) and he isn't the ssame in the cold)

Games Against NFC - 3-1 - NO, Carolina, Atlanta, TB - Will be interesting to see Atlanta

Games Against other AFC teams - 2-1 - Steelers, Browns, Cincin - only Cincin can be really good

Thats 12- 4 - but could see 11-5 - Pats will probably be favored in all but probably  Atlanta, Houston - both away

The NFC has all the very good running QB's - Wash,Phil,SF,Seat,GB,Caro - how many will still be standing at the end of the year???

The NFC has the best Dlines - SF,Sea,Detroit - then Houst? _ i think VW,Kelly,Jones,Nink are very good -

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

ps - i didn't realize i could stream the game for free on the Pats web site - so i saw the 2nd half last nite and the 1st qtr on DVR this AM

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

1. Brady looked fine to me, the turnovers not on him.

2. Nink is to Vrabel as Vrabel to Nink.

3. The running game looks decent. Felt bad for Bolden but he did show why he'll be a tough cut.

4. We done real good drafting WR.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

In response to TripleOG's comment:

yea whats up with Dennard and I thought Ras was healthy again. Why no time for him. He is gone IMO because he has yet to get any game time in. I dont wanna see any M.Cole. Atleast we have Ryan who may be better than arrington in a year or two. He can tackle like Arrington but wraps up and doesnt head hunt. Looks ok in coverage.

I think they're just giving Dennard more time with the hammy so he's ready for Week 1.

Dowling? How on earth can he make this team at this point? He basically hasn't played a full game in 2 years.

One other guy in the secondary I feel has quietly progressed so far, even if slightly, is Logan Ryan. Not saying he's making great plays all over, but he's not making mistakes in coverage and is around the ball.

I agree on Ryan. I like his toughness and tackling ability which will atleast get you on the field. Just ask Arrington. I think if Ras I doesnt have a future here, they need to hurry up and cut him and sign a vet. We are thin and the Green kid looked ok last week but had a rough night. Logan is insurance for Arrington right now and Im comfortable with him in the slot, but after that we are thin. Would like to see Green and Ras replaced if Cole is gonna stick due to special teams. I guess its time to entertain the thought that the Pats may plan on using # 32 at CB again this year at times. He still practices at the CB spot about 20% of practice.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

I really can't wait for the D-line to be on field at the same time to really see what we have there... I think the potential is hugh.  Let teams double vince...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I thought the defense played well last nigCom considering the short field the offense gave them and Ras-I and Dennard not playing. Talib was very good and Kelly, when he wasn't doubled, made me excited to sget what he would look like next to Vince. 

Ninkodink was good, but I've never questioned his coverage or play making ability. I've only questioned his pass rushing ability and I will continue to do so until he proves otherwise, but solid game from him. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I thought Arrington looked like his usual self last night...not very good. I must say though that I thought he was A. Wilson for a second with those arms...any chance this guy can play safety? We need help there as much as anywhere.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I thought Arrington looked like his usual self last night...not very good. I must say though that I thought he was A. Wilson for a second with those arms...any chance this guy can play safety? We need help there as much as anywhere.

MtHurl, you are a genius!  CAll BB right now and tell him that. Serious I dont know why I never thought of it. The guy likes to hit like he is still on special teams and head hunt. He has got to be a better safety than CB> He is probably stronger than Dmac and Gregory. He doesnt play man well so would do ok with the play in front of him(7 INT's in zone 2 years ago). I think we could put Ryan in his nickel spot and not miss much.

DO IT!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

[QUOTE]

MtHurl, you are a genius!  CAll BB right now and tell him that. Serious I dont know why I never thought of it. The guy likes to hit like he is still on special teams and head hunt. He has got to be a better safety than CB> He is probably stronger than Dmac and Gregory. He doesnt play man well so would do ok with the play in front of him(7 INT's in zone 2 years ago). I think we could put Ryan in his nickel spot and not miss much.

DO IT!

[/QUOTE]

Alright, I'll call him.