posted at 8/23/2013 2:39 PM EDT
Haven't seen the whole game yet but...
Not surprised they had a clunker. It was sort of a short week and we do have clunkers every once in a while - especially against big tough dlines which give us fits. And after things have been too easy
So what i saw
-the pass protection and running lanes were below par and add the turnovers - not good at all- I cannot get on the rbs and receivers except for TO's
- I felt like i did during the 2 sb's when watching the Oline - not good
- tb was throwing very well once again
-against top teams the key to this offense will be the Oline - we will blow the average teams out
- Mallett can only get better if he is on the field longer - i hope this year BB pulls TB when we are up big in the second half- hope I never see TT except to wrap up garbage time in the 4th preseaon game and off the team
- really could not judge the rbs and receivers - except for TO's - due to the Oline which i guess is my really only worry on offense
- I think Fells and Sufeld will be fine as TE's but as we all know the big dog is the Gronk - he just makes everybody better- pUp list is fine with me
I liked the D in the first half - they kept us in the game - and we didn't have VW!
I really only worry about the depth with d tackles, and the 2nd safety play- hopefully when the game planning/ scheming starts they will all jell. We have many more players with spped now and can mix and match and confuse -btw - Arrington is a nickle cb only - but good at it
All the rookies had at least 1 play they will get coached up on - altough Tompkins was just a drop
Am still trying to project W L record
Games in Division 5-1 - jets/bills/phins - but will favored in all
Games against AFC Division Champs 2-1 - Balt- Houston- Denver - Balt lost their #1 WR and too much D and Denver' s D is much less too - the biggeswt quesstion is can PM only throw to one side *like lat yera) and he isn't the ssame in the cold)
Games Against NFC - 3-1 - NO, Carolina, Atlanta, TB - Will be interesting to see Atlanta
Games Against other AFC teams - 2-1 - Steelers, Browns, Cincin - only Cincin can be really good
Thats 12- 4 - but could see 11-5 - Pats will probably be favored in all but probably Atlanta, Houston - both away
The NFC has all the very good running QB's - Wash,Phil,SF,Seat,GB,Caro - how many will still be standing at the end of the year???
The NFC has the best Dlines - SF,Sea,Detroit - then Houst? _ i think VW,Kelly,Jones,Nink are very good -
Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land
ps - i didn't realize i could stream the game for free on the Pats web site - so i saw the 2nd half last nite and the 1st qtr on DVR this AM