Post your draft and laugh on 5/1/2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: Post your draft and laugh on 5/1/2011

In Response to Re: Post your draft and laugh on 5/1/2011:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Post your draft and laugh on 5/1/2011 : But if the SD 50/61 for 28 happens, we'd be in a perfect spot at 50 for Reed.  Another thought is Bruce Carter.  Would BB gamble a second time on an LB with an ACL trying to come back?  He rolled the dice on McKenzie, a late first/early 2nd talent in the 3rd round.  McKenzie couldn't come back so we wasted the pick.  Bruce Carter would have been a solid mid 20s pick if he hadn't gotten hurt.  If he's hanging around at 74, do we start thinking about taking a chance on him?  I'm not sure how how much pressure a healthy Carter would generate compared to Reed but side-to-side he's a much better tackler than Reed.  He's also a bit of a ball hawk having 3 picks in the past 3 years taking 2 of them to the house.
    Posted by Faucetman[/QUOTE]

Given that trade goes through, yes Reed would be ideal at 50!

As for Carter, I'm not opposed to him, but I dont' see him as a fit at 34 OLB, he's more 43 OLB or 34 ILB, IMO.  

If they go that direction, I like Herz or my new flavor of the month, Mason Foster from Washington.  He's an experienced, instinctive, durable, consistent tackling machine (372 career, 2nd nationally with 162 in 2010), that shows the ability to create TO's (6 FF, 4 INT, 1 returned for TD) and make plays behind the LOS (38.5 TFL, 14 in 2010, 10.5 Sacks, 6.5 in 2010).  He's also a good ST player a team captain and is said to have passion for the game and loves playing it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Solder is the 5th best Tackle?   I disagree. Wow.

He's arguably the best Tackle, in my opinion.  Great feet.

I'd probably rank Costanzo and Carimi, ahead of him, but no way he's past 3rd.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[QUOTE]Solder is the 5th best Tackle?   I disagree. Wow. He's arguably the best Tackle, in my opinion.  Great feet. I'd probably rank Costanzo and Carimi, ahead of him, but no way he's past 3rd.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

Solder IMO is far from the best tackle, great athletic ability tons of flaws in technic.  Heard Mayock and others say he's a 2nd round grade.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Interesting. If that is the case, he'd be a steal at #33.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfan1994. Show patsfan1994's posts

[QUOTE]17 traded to NO 24 and 72 pickup #28 traded to Hou for 42 and 73 #33 traded to Ari for 39 and 106  #24 Wilkerson DE #39 Sherrod OT #42 Reed OLB #60 Brandon Burton CB #72 Carpenter OT/OG #73 (traded 2012 2nd) #74 Edmond Gates WR #92 Guy DE #106 Moffitt OG/C #128 Traded 2012 3rd #164 Anthony Allen RB #197 Karl Klug OLB/DE
    Posted by Pats7393[/QUOTE]

i like gates a lot to but everything i've heard doesnt have him going in late second more like 4-5th round

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

Rob Housler TE/WR (FAU) 6’5” 248

Could TE Rob Housler actually be one of this drafts best WR's?

Housler (6-5 3/8, 248, 4.55-40) entered college as a 214 pound WR, but latter moved to TE. He still has his WR moves, running sharp patterns at the Combine, and not dropping a pass during the drills. Most shocking was that he posted the 5 the fastest 10 yard split time (the first 10 yards of the 40 yard dash) at the Combine (1.49), only behind 4 CB's (3 tied at 1.47 and 1 at 1.48).

Here is how his Combine numbers compare against those of the top ranked WR in the draft, A. J. Green. He's 1 3/4 inches taller, 37 pounds heavier, his hands are a 1/2 inch bigger, his arms 1/8 of an inch longer, 5/100ths of a second slower in his 40 time, 6/100ths of a second faster in his 10 yard split time, 3/100ths of a second faster in his 20 yard split time, had 4 more bench reps, had a 2 1/2 inches higher vertical jump, was 7 inches shorter in his broad jump, was 1/100ths of a second faster in his 3-cone drill time, they had the same 20 yard shuttle time, and 23 seconds slower in his 60 yard shuttle time. From the numbers, it seems like they are an even match, but while Green is expected to be a top 4-6 pick, but Housler is currently expected to be a late 3rd to even a 5th round pick.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]Rob Housler TE/WR (FAU) 6’5” 248 Could TE Rob Housler actually be one of this drafts best WR's? Housler (6-5 3/8, 248, 4.55-40) entered college as a 214 pound WR, but latter moved to TE. He still has his WR moves, running sharp patterns at the Combine, and not dropping a pass during the drills. Most shocking was that he posted the 5 the fastest 10 yard split time (the first 10 yards of the 40 yard dash) at the Combine (1.49), only behind 4 CB's (3 tied at 1.47 and 1 at 1.48). Here is how his Combine numbers compare against those of the top ranked WR in the draft, A. J. Green. He's 1 3/4 inches taller, 37 pounds heavier, his hands are a 1/2 inch bigger, his arms 1/8 of an inch longer, 5/100ths of a second slower in his 40 time, 6/100ths of a second faster in his 10 yard split time, 3/100ths of a second faster in his 20 yard split time, had 4 more bench reps, had a 2 1/2 inches higher vertical jump, was 7 inches shorter in his broad jump, was 1/100ths of a second faster in his 3-cone drill time, they had the same 20 yard shuttle time, and 23 seconds slower in his 60 yard shuttle time. From the numbers, it seems like they are an even match, but while Green is expected to be a top 4-6 pick, but Housler is currently expected to be a late 3rd to even a 5th round pick.
    Posted by natesubs[/QUOTE]

If I was going to take a WR from the late 3rd t 5th I'd target Toliver first simply because he looked incredible in drills, has good hands, and has more experience with a WR tree but if Toliver is gone and we get a 5th comp for Watson then it would be worth taking a look at this kid. One thing to look at is his size and poor blocking is going to make him drop so he might be had in the late 5th which wouldn't be a bad place to take a project like him

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

I'm working on my mock.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

#14 Mark Ingram. Trade our #17 and #92 to the Rams to move up and take him away from Miami. Gives us an instant big-time running game, takes pressure off Tommy and sticks it to the fins. BB realizes that the last thing we need in this guy killing us twice a year for the next 10 years. The fact that he hasn't spoken Ingram's name at all, makes it all the more lkely to happen, IMHO.

#28 If by some remote chance JJ Watt is still there, we take him, otherwise Cameron Jordan, DE, Cal.

#33 Justin Houston, OLB, Georgia or Sam Acho, OLB, Texas if Houston's gone.

#60 Danny Watkins, G, Baylor 

#92 traded to Rams.

#124 Ahmad Black, S, Florida

Rounds 5-7 too remote to be predictable, at least by me

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

17) Gabe Carimi OT
    28) Mohamad Wilkerson DE
    33) Justin Houston OLB
    60) Stefen Wisniewski OG/C
    74) Kenrick Ellis DT/DE
    92) Shane Vereen RB
    124) Stephen Schilling OG
    156) Ugo Chinasa DE/OLB
    188) Cecil Shorts III WR
    Compensatory Pick) Bilal Powell

Very heavy on the Big uglies. Carimi,and Wisniewski will start imediately replaceing Light (contract up) and Neil (retired), and Wisniewski will kick inside to center when he can be replaced at guard. Schilling  has a very good chance to work his way into the starting line up at either guard spot.  Wilkerson and Houston will be chalengeing imediately for starting roles on the defence, and starting imediately in sub packages. Both Ellis and Chinasa are projects with a very high rate of return if they work out, possibly contributing by late season. At RB both Vereen and Powell are complementary to the pats RB by commity system and will up the level of competition at the possition. Lastly I do not see a need at WR but will bring in a solid role player like Shorts solely to create competition for the last WR spot. If succesfull we will rebuild the OL, improve the quality of our defence both starters and depth, create depth at RB allowing a rotation of fresh rushers, and stimulate a survival mode with our recievers to show what they have or be gone.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]17) Gabe Carimi OT 28) Mohamad Wilkerson DE 33) Justin Houston OLB 60) Stefen Wisniewski OG/C 74) Kenrick Ellis DT/DE 92) Shane Vereen RB 124) Stephen Schilling OG 156) Ugo Chinasa DE/OLB 188) Cecil Shorts III WR Compensatory Pick) Bilal Powell Very heavy on the Big uglies. Carimi,and Wisniewski will start imediately replaceing Light (contract up) and Neil (retired), and Wisniewski will kick inside to center when he can be replaced at guard. Schilling  has a very good chance to work his way into the starting line up at either guard spot.  Wilkerson and Houston will be chalengeing imediately for starting roles on the defence, and starting imediately in sub packages. Both Ellis and Chinasa are projects with a very high rate of return if they work out, possibly contributing by late season. At RB both Vereen and Powell are complementary to the pats RB by commity system and will up the level of competition at the possition. Lastly I do not see a need at WR but will bring in a solid role player like Shorts solely to create competition for the last WR spot. If succesfull we will rebuild the OL, improve the quality of our defence both starters and depth, create depth at RB allowing a rotation of fresh rushers, and stimulate a survival mode with our recievers to show what they have or be gone.
    Posted by part-timer[/QUOTE]

That's very similar to mine. Me like.

If Carimi is there at 17 and Watt is gone, I think you go ahead and secure yourself a top notch T/G pick.

Should be interesting.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[QUOTE]Rob Housler TE/WR (FAU) 6’5” 248 Could TE Rob Housler actually be one of this drafts best WR's? Housler (6-5 3/8, 248, 4.55-40) entered college as a 214 pound WR, but latter moved to TE. He still has his WR moves, running sharp patterns at the Combine, and not dropping a pass during the drills. Most shocking was that he posted the 5 the fastest 10 yard split time (the first 10 yards of the 40 yard dash) at the Combine (1.49), only behind 4 CB's (3 tied at 1.47 and 1 at 1.48). Here is how his Combine numbers compare against those of the top ranked WR in the draft, A. J. Green. He's 1 3/4 inches taller, 37 pounds heavier, his hands are a 1/2 inch bigger, his arms 1/8 of an inch longer, 5/100ths of a second slower in his 40 time, 6/100ths of a second faster in his 10 yard split time, 3/100ths of a second faster in his 20 yard split time, had 4 more bench reps, had a 2 1/2 inches higher vertical jump, was 7 inches shorter in his broad jump, was 1/100ths of a second faster in his 3-cone drill time, they had the same 20 yard shuttle time, and 23 seconds slower in his 60 yard shuttle time. From the numbers, it seems like they are an even match, but while Green is expected to be a top 4-6 pick, but Housler is currently expected to be a late 3rd to even a 5th round pick.
    Posted by natesubs[/QUOTE]

I've been raving about this guy on the draft thread, I have him as a TE/WR.  His 10 yrd and 20 yrd are faster than Edmond Gates who ran a 4.35.

I take this guy in the 3rd and make him a WR.  He can be the deep threat and another toy for Obrian to play with.  Amazing size speed and hands to go with it oh he also runs good routes.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

No guts, no glory!

#17 Traded away.  2012 first rounders are picked up at the buyer’s own risk.  For this reason the Patriots will name two fairly good quality players on the trading team.  If the draft doesn’t go down then the Patriots will get the contract of one of those two players, Patriots’ choice.  If a judge changes the 2012 draft beyond recognition then the Patriots get to go to binding arbitration on the matter.. 

#28 Akeem Ayers  OLB

#37 Benjamin Ijalana OT 

#57  Allen Bailey OG

3rd round TE Jordan Cameron

3rd round Jacquizz Rodgers RB

4th round  Marcus Cannon OG

5th round: CB Buster Skrine

5th round  WR Jeff Maehl

6th round OT Carl Johnson

7th  round  CB Ramon Broadway

7th round:  some tall, smart, weak-armed QB that no one on the planet has heard of including me, similar to Matt Cassel.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

Its time to Trade for certain Players...not multiple draft pics.. If you want lots of draft choices...WHo is going to GO....???   and dont forget players like fletcher improve in year 2,  how many new players are needed???  Lets getqualty not quantity for a change...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

with us somehow not getting a single comp pick i had to change my mock.

1st Round – #17 traded to Tampa Bay for #20 and #116(4), #148(5), #212(7)

1st round #20 Anthony Constonzo OT (Boston College) or carami OT (Wisconsin)

1st Round – #28 traded for the chargers #50 and 61
    2nd Round – #33 Brooks Reed OLB (Arizona) 6-3 255 or Martez Wilson, ILB/OLB, Illinois 6’4” 250

2nd round - #50 (chargers) Mikel Leshoure RB (Illinois) 6’1” 230 or Ryan Williams RB (VT)

2nd Round – #60 Ben Ijalana OG/OT (Villanova) 6’4” 320 or Clint Boling OG (Georgia) 6’5” 305
    2nd round - #61(chargers) traded for 2012 1st round pick
    3rd Round – #74 John Moffitt, OG/C, Wisconsin 6’5” 323
    3rd Round – #92 Mark Herzlich OLB (Boston College) 6’4” 238 or Rob Housler TE/WR (FAU) 6’5” 248

4th round - #116 (TB) Rob Housler TE/WR (FAU) 6’5” 248 or Greg Romeus DE (Pittsburg) 6’5” 267
    4th Round--#124 Duenta Williams S (North Carolina) 6’1” 215

5th Round - #148 (Tampa Bay) Justin Rogers CB (Richmond) 5’10” 182
    5th Round - #156 Deron Mayo OLB (ODU) 6’2” 229 4.37

6th Round Andrew Jackson OG/OT (Fresno State) 6’5” 295

7th round - #212 (Tampa Bay) David Mims OT (Virginia Union) 6’8” 348

UDFA Blaine Sumner DT (Colorado Mines) 6’1” 355

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

[QUOTE]Its time to Trade for certain Players...not multiple draft pics.. If you want lots of draft choices...WHo is going to GO....???   and dont forget players like fletcher improve in year 2,  how many new players are needed???  Lets getqualty not quantity for a change...
    Posted by fishers5[/QUOTE]

In your opinion it's time to trade up for quality.  I'm posting what I think is actually going to happen, and trading away the top pick is my way of expecting trades into 2012.  In reality BB might average six trades, although last year he was up to around ten trades.  I'm not going to mess up my forecast with trade trade trade so I only messed with three of the top four numbers.  I specifically left #28 standing pat.