Poster Perfect

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Poster Perfect

In response to dreighver's comment:

Absolutely love reading Prolate and zbellino's posts. Each one is thoughtful, insightful, well written, and thought provoking. It's clear that both have a strong understanding of the game of football, and they're in a select minority here who seem to understand that football is indeed a team game; they don't blame a philosophical approach, or one particular player. Rather, they look at the whole picture, attempt (to the best of their ability) to analyze what happened, and determine why we won or lost.

Objective, intelligent, thoughtful.... doesn't get much better than that. Two guys I'd love to have a beer (or a coffee) with and talk Pats football

Let's go Pats!

Thanks dreighver.  You're relatively new to the board, but I've noticed a bunch of your posts as really good ones too. Nice to have you here.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to Bunker Spreckles' comment:

[QUOTE]

Absolutely love reading Prolate and zbellino's posts. Each one is thoughtful, insightful, well written, and thought provoking. It's clear that both have a strong understanding of the game of football, and they're in a select minority here who seem to understand that football is indeed a team game; they don't blame a philosophical approach, or one particular player. Rather, they look at the whole picture, attempt (to the best of their ability) to analyze what happened, and determine why we won or lost.

Objective, intelligent, thoughtful.... doesn't get much better than that. Two guys I'd love to have a beer (or a coffee) with and talk Pats football

Let's go Pats!

The flaws with them, which really compromises what you  just said, is they think Brady can do no wrong and they transpose his flaws and poor play recently over to the younger and inexperienced defense.

I've said it many times..They are clearly intelligent people, which is why they're refusal to admit Brady has let our team down as much any player on our team lately, is so annoying. They just gloss right over it and then scapegoat others, eventually putting it on BB's plate as if BB can control Brady's in-play QB moves or passes or Welker's drops.

It's just bizarre to see two intelligent people sort of not care why this continues to happen. 

Then, a troll like Gunty whips in and sees an angle and says something like "my D played great!  You just can't admit the other team played well!"

Well, no, Gunty, our own team, our own offense literally choked on slam dunk, EASY plays which let your overrated SB winning teams off the hook.  

I disagree Rusty. I think Prolate ZB tend to acquit Brady of any fault, because as of late, he hasn't been deserving of any significant blame.

I understand that statistically speaking, and as far as the eye-test goes, Brady's play has dropped off in the playoffs. I will grant you that. With that said, I feel confident saying (although I haven't looked at the statistics myself) that this is the case for most quarterbacks in the NFL. When the playoffs begins, nerves kick in, and as a result players drop more passes, timing is thrown off, and you begin to play better defenses in an environment and under circumstances that lend themself to defensive football. Naturally, offensive production drops, and the production of the quarterbacks drop as well.

To win in the playoffs, and this has been demonstrated time and time again, you need to have a strong defense, and perhaps more importantly, a defense which can force turnovers in big games, and bow their necks in crunch time. Unfortunately, recent iterations of the Patriots' defense has failed to do this. They're wonderful at forcing turnovers in the regular season, but when the playoffs kick in, they seem to lose their magic touch. 

That's fair except they really don't say that Brady must improve. They just gloss over it.  They want to focus more on 1st or 2nd year players on D who just graduated college.

Brady's 2011 AFC title game or SB 46 isn't enough for him to get some blame? How does that make sense? BY his own admittance, he said he sucked and then he made colossal errors in the 4th qtr in two crucial spots that were actually easy decisions not to make or being somewhat lazy on a throw to Welker.

As for the D, Spikes picked Flacco in 2011 and that should have pretty much been the game, but what did Brady do on 1st down?  An INT! 

Last year, I think we all can agree if Talib and Jones are there, that game is clearly going to be closer and we might win it.

Our D is strong and getting stronger and deeper in every year since BB started the rebuild with youth into the lockout in 2010.  What hasn't happened is Brady is not shedding his repeated mistakes and flaws as a QB.

The D is trending up and quick and the offense, led by Brady, not so much.  Offense wins championships in Goodell's era. Sound, balanced, smart offense.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think Brady is perfect Rusty.  I just think that there are lots of other (and far more significant) reasons for the playoff losses.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

In response to 42AND46's comment:

really dig?

show me any post where i judged someone based on their job? their education level? age?

show me where i have been banned a dozen times- show me where i routinely engage in name calling, personal attacks and a consistent condescending nature- show me where i boast of my supposed 152 IQ, my paycheck and my overall "superior" abilitiy to think

and really what kind of a person would have a problem with a thread celebrating a coach fightng cancer and his team rallying around him by saying "stop trolling, this doesn't belong here"

It's my thread and I asked the question what poster from this forum is most like you.  You posted about rusty. I realize you were responding to prolate and I was just having fun with you. This was supposed to be a feel good thread. So be good.

something about mentioning russ and feel good in the same...well anything...makes it hard to actually feel good you know dig?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I must admit I am stumped. I just cannot determine who is more anal, Rusty or the mods.

Homerism is a term that describes having blind loyalty to a degree where objectivity is no longer possible.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

In response to Getzo's comment:

[QUOTE]

Well everyone in here and those they like is a great place to start, and I will throw in TFB12.  Great photoshop(my avatar) work as well, and a true Pats fan.  But we all make this place great, no one poster...

BTW great thread titile. 

Yeah, TFBs photoshop work is priceless. I was hoping he would remake the NE mount rushmore with the faces I wanted in it. It was a great piece of work.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Dude!

Here ya go!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to Getzo's comment:

[QUOTE]

Well everyone in here and those they like is a great place to start, and I will throw in TFB12.  Great photoshop(my avatar) work as well, and a true Pats fan.  But we all make this place great, no one poster...

BTW great thread titile. 

Yeah, TFBs photoshop work is priceless. I was hoping he would remake the NE mount rushmore with the faces I wanted in it. It was a great piece of work.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Dude!

Here ya go!

[/QUOTE]

Brilliant. How do I make that my sig? The function is broken.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

[QUOTE]

Let's go Pats!

Thanks dreighver.  You're relatively new to the board, but I've noticed a bunch of your posts as really good ones too. Nice to have you here.

[/QUOTE]

Second that. Thanks Dreighver.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Thanks.  Couldn't find a good pic of Stanley Morgan so I had to use the best I could find. 

I had no problem adding a signature, give it another try.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Thanks.  Couldn't find a good pic of Stanley Morgan so I had to use the best I could find. 

u know TFB if u had a Mt Rushmore for Rusty and his many monikers you would need about 12 heads

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

u know TFB if u had a Mt Rushmore for Rusty and his many monikers you would need about 12 heads

LaughingYellLaughingFrownLaughingEmbarassedLaughingLaughingLaughingCryLaughingFoot in Mouth

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

What poster from this forum is most like you...?

Not necessarily anyone here. I'm my own man, thank the powers that be.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Can there be a "two faced" Patriot..... Brown and Morgan? 

Get out your toolbox. Troy Brown should be up on that mountain before Stanley Morgan and I loved Morgan.

Either Brown or Matt Light.  You don't protect Brady's blindside that well for 12 years, go to 5 SBs, win 3 and not outdo Stanley Morgan's accomplishments.

Add another face!  Add Troy Brown!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Who says it has to be limited to four? Just because the U.S. didn't have all that many great men... ?  We're talkin about New England heah.

Why just one mountain? Let's commandeer the whole Presidential Range and cover it with Patriots. I mean, they need sometin' up theyah in N.H. to make up for the loss of the Old Man In The Mountain, don't they?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

Get out your toolbox. Troy Brown should be up on that mountain before Stanley Morgan and I loved Morgan.

Either Brown or Matt Light.  You don't protect Brady's blindside that well for 12 years, go to 5 SBs, win 3 and not outdo Stanley Morgan's accomplishments.

[/QUOTE]

Z requested this photoshop in the mt rushmore thread but that thread has pretty much died.  When I seen that he mentioned it here in this thread I posted it here for him so he would get it, just in case he didn't check the other thread again.  If people have a request, I like to try and do it for them.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

BTW, this is the first time I really read what this thread is about. 

I really couldn't say who I am most like on here.  I agree with a lot of different people about a lot of things and I disagree with those same people on a few things.  I like everyone who posts here (Hi Rusty) and think everyone brings different opinions.  I don't see any two people who are close to sharing the same exact opinions.

I think it would be fun and interesting to read who people here think I am most like on here.

---------------------------------------------

check out my Patriots photoshops @ patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com for some good laughs.

Photobucket

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from saskpatsfan. Show saskpatsfan's posts

Living somewhere where there aren't many Pats fans its nice to come on here and be part of the community. I enjoy reading everyones posts on here and I feel like I get a lot better insight from all you posters about the Pats, as compared to reading any sort of columns from writers and such. It is amazing to see the level of football intellegince on here even though not everyone agrees all the time. It's always a fun read. I know a lot about football, having played it growing up, but I do not know near enough about the NFL as most of you. It helps me keep a good tab on the Pats everyday, even though I'm so far away! Keep it up!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

First let me say this is a great thread. Lot's of peace pipe going around. If everyone can keep it civil without name calling or troll finger pointing this board can be great again. After reading Sask post it does give me hope we can bring in some new perspective instead of scaring it away. Sask, please post more it's always fun to have someone post more often with a different perspective. Doesn't matter how much football knowledge you have it's always fun to debate with people. I mean look at Pro, he really knows nothing about footbll and we love him anyways (he tries). J/k Pro, you know more than I do

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I'll try again. Maybe this time the clowns that be will let me express myself.

I most often agree with mthurl and pezz I believe.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff6/babeparilli/patsMt-Rushmore4_zpsb99827c9.jpg

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

First let me say this is a great thread. Lot's of peace pipe going around. If everyone can keep it civil without name calling or troll finger pointing this board can be great again. After reading Sask post it does give me hope we can bring in some new perspective instead of scaring it away. Sask, please post more it's always fun to have someone post more often with a different perspective. Doesn't matter how much football knowledge you have it's always fun to debate with people. I mean look at Pro, he really knows nothing about footbll and we love him anyways (he tries). J/k Pro, you know more than I do

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

Ha . . . most of what I know about football I learned from reading you and others here on BDC!  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff6/babeparilli/patsMt-Rushmore4_zpsb99827c9.jpg

Good job Babe!  I did one for you on the other thread too.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

[QUOTE]

Good job Babe!  I did one for you on the other thread too.

[/QUOTE]

Coming from the master, this is praise much appreciated!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Tippett should be up before Troy brown. Tippett went to the HOF playing for the pats when they were as good as present day Jacksonville. If he had played for the cowboys or niners he'd been amazing. 

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

BTW, this is the first time I really read what this thread is about. 

I really couldn't say who I am most like on here.  I agree with a lot of different people about a lot of things and I disagree with those same people on a few things.  I like everyone who posts here (Hi Rusty) and think everyone brings different opinions.  I don't see any two people who are close to sharing the same exact opinions.

I think it would be fun and interesting to read who people here think I am most like on here.

---------------------------------------------

check out my Patriots photoshops @ patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com for some good laughs.

Photobucket

I've been racking my brain trying to figure out who you are most like TBF12 and I can't do it. You are way out there. You are on an island all by yourself. :) You are what makes this a fun place to come to.

By the way, I agree wholly with you about losing Wes Welker. He was an important part of the team that can't be replaced. We may not know the whole story but it appears the Patriots dropped the ball, not Wes.