Posting Frustration

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Posting Frustration

Except in a few isolated instances, I've been largely unable to post for a number of days because of the reappearance of the ever popular <b/> in the text box.  Initial communication with BDC indicated that the issue was with Internet Explorer whereupon I downloaded Firefox.  And lo and behold the same issue.  Pointed that out to BDC and of course they replied withe a backpedal that would have made any DB coach quite proud.  Suffice it to say the problem appears to have been resolved - for now.

Rant complete - Happy New Year everyone.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from HillbillyJoe. Show HillbillyJoe's posts

Re: Posting Frustration

People who build fences get the same thing, best to wear a good pair of gloves and eye googles.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

agree the problems with this sight are frustrating. I am totally shocked at the lack of changs we have seen at the G with Henry now the owner. Of course this sight is pretty far down the list, but I thought Henry would stand the place on its ear. Hasnt happened yet. lets hope we see big changes for the better in 2014

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Surprised you had issues with Firefox, usually very stable. IE I walked away from some time ago.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Surprised you had issues with Firefox, usually very stable. IE I walked away from some time ago.

[/QUOTE]
    T'was not the browser, sir, but the browsed.  BDC acknowledged the problem was their's.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    T'was not the browser, sir, but the browsed.  BDC acknowledged the problem was their's.

[/QUOTE]

Interesting...glad it's resolved. Stick with Firefox for a bit as I'll wager you will find it better than IE.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Cleared the cache, refreshed the page, shifted the orientation of my tongue in my mouth - none of it mattered.  Problem resolved for now.  We'll see how long it lasts.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

The Red Sox forum has an "Issues for BDC" thread stuck at the top of the list.

Some of the latest posts on that thread reflect the resurrection of the posting problems described in this thread.

Some say "misery loves company".  So, for those people, I'm trying to spread the love :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Chrome is much better than Firefox and that includes for this site. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I used to have the same problems, having to refresh frequently but no problems lately. My only gripe now is the yellow star which used to take you to the last unread post now only shows the unread threads.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Chrome is much better than Firefox and that includes for this site. 

[/QUOTE]
    I would agree, but I have had the same issue with the <b> using Chrome. It seems resolved now, but when I hit the enter key, it jumps down multiple lines instead of one.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Except in a few isolated instances, I've been largely unable to post for a number of days because of the reappearance of the ever popular <b/> in the text box.  Initial communication with BDC indicated that the issue was with Internet Explorer whereupon I downloaded Firefox.  And lo and behold the same issue.  Pointed that out to BDC and of course they replied withe a backpedal that would have made any DB coach quite proud.  Suffice it to say the problem appears to have been resolved - for now.

Rant complete - Happy New Year everyone.

[/QUOTE]

I had same problem and sent an E-mail to the "feedback@boston.com" yesterday.  Happy that its fixed at least for now....   HNY.... !   miracles do happen...