Posting pictures..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

Posting pictures..

How do you guys post pictures here?

If i copy a picture and try to paste it here, I get nothing..

FYI - I am on a mac and use safari..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Posting pictures..

copy from where.. internet or computer?

You can't copy from computer to here.  If you have a pic on your computer you have to to upload it to a hosting site then do a copy and paste from there.

If the pic is from the internet then it's as easy as copy and paste.  I have ran into some that won't copy and paste so you save those to your computer and upload them to a hosting site and do a copy and paste from there.

Use tinypic or imgur sites to host the picture.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

TFB I have been able to upload pictures from my computer. Click on the green tree down by the smiley face then click on browse.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

Thanks a bunch guys.

FYI - was trying to upload from my computer.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

ever since they changed the format, I've had difficulty posting pics too.  I always thought I was fairly tech saavy, but I guess not...lol.  Either that or I'm too lazy to post pics on a different website just so I can post a pic on this board.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

TFB I have been able to upload pictures from my computer. Click on the green tree down by the smiley face then click on browse.

Awesome, thanks for the heads up.  They got rid of that for a while and so I never really noticed it back.  Thanks again!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

I'm using Windows XP, if it makes a difference, and when I click on the 'green tree' a box appears titled 'add an image' with a place labelled 'Image link:' ____________

?????????????????????????

So still lacking a way to download directly from computer, I either download to Flickr or to my Facebook album, and then copy and paste.  Still it would be very nice and less cumbersome if I could find a way to post pics directly from my computer files.

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure......

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I just tried the add image with the green tree icon and got this.

The file I was trying to upload was a small jpg file so I wasn't sure why it wouldn't upload.

Hey PatfaninBA2, how did you end up posting image?

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

I can copy and paste sometimes........but you you have to click in box and hit enter first.......before you paste

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

dustcover, see TFB12's post just below yours. You should have a "Browse.." tab. Click on that.

TFB12, I don't know why it's not letting you. It still works for me.

Iceman4, that's similar to what I do also. Here's an illustration.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

The file I was trying to upload was a small jpg file so I wasn't sure why it wouldn't upload.

Make sure the Image link field populates before you click the insert botton

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

So this is strange.  With all the picture posting I have done over the years, I have never ran into this problem before. 

So I tried to upload 40 pictures using the insert/edit image icon.  and this is what I found....

Images with a one word file name uploaded almost all the time with the exception of 1 time for whatever reason.

Images with two words or more in the file name (seperated with a space) would not upload 100% of the time.  BTW, Camel case words are considered 1 word.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

When I click the 'green tree' I get a box like the one shown, but it doesn't have the 'Upload an image:' box with the Browse button.  It just has the 'Image link:' box.

Any other suggestions?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to dustcover's comment:

[QUOTE]

When I click the 'green tree' I get a box like the one shown, but it doesn't have the 'Upload an image:' box with the Browse button.  It just has the 'Image link:' box.

Any other suggestions?

[/QUOTE]

Click the browse button and it will bring up your file manager.  Search for the file on your computer, once file is found, select the file, press open on the file manager, the file location will populate the image link field, then press the insert button.

Again, keep in mind that my experiment showed that it would only upload one word file names so if you have a file name that is two or more words that are seperated with a space then you need to take the spaces out.