Postseason VS SuperBowl

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tojo. Show tojo's posts

Re: Postseason VS SuperBowl

In Response to Re: Postseason VS SuperBowl:
    [QUOTE I can't even think of the last time an inferior QB won in a SB over the superior QB.Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

I want to forget SB 42 as well.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Jay and Russ, Jay, first I agree with your premise. Great offensive play and scoring points are the key. The defense will do their part, but winning rests on the offenses shoulders this year and as you historically prove. The one comment I don't agree with your and Russ on is Brady being the reason we lost sb42. I put that more on our Oline being manhandled plus mcdaniels cocky and inflexible game plan. Bradydidnt execute well, but that would be hard to do considering he spent about 50 percent of his time either on the ground or very much hurried. Still in the end, we had a chance. The defense couldn't seal the deal. Their fault as well. You can count 3 plays on that last drive where the d had a chance to end it but couldn't.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

In Response to Postseason VS SuperBowl:
    [QUOTE] We lost SB 42 because our QB didnt play well.
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

I agree with most of what you posted, but not this.  Brady didn't have his best game, but he'd be about 10th on my list of reasons why the Pats lost.

We don't have to rehash the game (none of us want to), but suffice it to say 3 Pro Bowl O-LINE men were far less effective in that game than TB.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]Hopefully, the groundhogs will go back in their holes soon.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

You may not realize this, but you are a groundhog. A very very bitter groundhog.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

[QUOTE]Jay and Russ, Jay, first I agree with your premise. Great offensive play and scoring points are the key. The defense will do their part, but winning rests on the offenses shoulders this year and as you historically prove. The one comment I don't agree with your and Russ on is Brady being the reason we lost sb42. I put that more on our Oline being manhandled plus mcdaniels cocky and inflexible game plan. Bradydidnt execute well, but that would be hard to do considering he spent about 50 percent of his time either on the ground or very much hurried. Still in the end, we had a chance. The defense couldn't seal the deal. Their fault as well. You can count 3 plays on that last drive where the d had a chance to end it but couldn't.
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

I dont disagree that it wasnt Bradys fault, I am just saying, whatever the reason, Brady was exposed.

We passed too much, The O-line was on its heels all days, after deep balls to moss and bubble screens to wes were shut down, we were basically done, just chucking and praying. B.B. had his back to the field trying to coach up the "D while McDaniels threw the game away.

So Yes, I understand many factors went into it, but it was Brady who was made to look bad and take the blame.

He also had a bad foot and was caught by Media going to Gizelles w/ a boot on his foot. This didnt help. The Giants smelled blood.

Would I rather Tommy not have gone to N.Y. to screw Gizelle, Yes, can I understand why he did it? Hell Yeah.

Just a perfect storm for us, instead of perfect season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Postseason VS SuperBowl : I agree with most of what you posted, but not this.  Brady didn't have his best game, but he'd be about 10th on my list of reasons why the Pats lost. We don't have to rehash the game (none of us want to), but suffice it to say 3 Pro Bowl O-LINE men were far less effective in that game than TB.
    Posted by nyjoseph[/QUOTE]

I agree as well. I didnt mean to come off like it was Bradsy fault, but when you pass all day then your qb gets the blame.

I agree the real Culprits were the O-line, but are they really at fault?, or is it Josh McDaniels. No lineman can sit back and block all day while the defense is subbing D-lineman in and out the game.

Its a trickle down effect starting with coaching....

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

The Giants won that game with a great pass rush.  Mixing in more running plays might have helped . . . but may have just meant more three and outs.  The Pats have been a passing team for a while.  We live by it.  And we die by it.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]The Giants won that game with a great pass rush.  Mixing in more running plays might have helped . . . but may have just meant more three and outs.  The Pats have been a passing team for a while.  We live by it.  And we die by it.  
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately we have never lived by it, because we have never won the big show with it. All we do is die with it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" I'm not a Babe Parilli spin off-he's a conservative christian and I'm a far left leaning Atheist."

Interesting. Another distinction would be that he is not a rageaholic.

FYI Rusty isn't a troll, he can be frustrating and sometimes rigid in his views but he has a lot of football know-how and contributes footballl content to many posts. 

You on the other hand use the topic of football to come in and wage Internet warfare with anyone that disagrees with you, resorting to large fonts and name calling. Age has evidently not led to either peace of mind or wisdom, but rather to an angry sense of "I'm the only true fan" entitement. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In Response to Postseason VS SuperBowl:
    [QUOTE]Does Defense still win Championships?  Well yes and no.  Like Warren Sapp sais. The Defense gives you a chance, but the offense still has to seal the deal and score points. We have talked a lot of the postseason success here or lack their of and I thought I would look at some numbers throughout the years. I think you need a defense to get through the postseason and into the SB, but I dont think you need a great defense to win the SB. Hear me out. The Steelers were the Defensive team of last years SB but lost in a shootout 31-25.
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

My main response to this would be that while the Steelers were the best D in league last year (1st in points, 2nd in yards), the Packers were not far behind (2nd in points, 5th in yards). So I would say the defenses cancelled out and the Packers offense won out.

Against the Giants in Super Bowl, the Patriots had possible the greatest offense of all time, but the Giants managed to keep it from becoming a track meet and one the game using defense (a defense ranked lower than the Patriots).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Postseason VS SuperBowl : My main response to this would be that while the Steelers were the best D in league last year (1st in points, 2nd in yards), the Packers were not far behind (2nd in points, 5th in yards). So I would say the defenses cancelled out and the Packers offense won out. Against the Giants in Super Bowl, the Patriots had possible the greatest offense of all time, but the Giants managed to keep it from becoming a track meet and one the game using defense (a defense ranked lower than the Patriots).
    Posted by FrnkBnhm[/QUOTE]

So would you attribute the loss to the success of the Giants defense, or the ineptitude of the Patriots offense?

I think the Giants defense had a great game plan that day, but our offense was too talented to score 14 points.

Coaching was the problem. They had it, we didn't.