Potential Camp competitions

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Potential Camp competitions

Looks like BB drafted to make competition at, almost, every position this year...

RB - Vereen and Ridley battling for the top RB spot with Bolden and Blount fight for the final RB spot. Leon Washington, if he stays healthy, will earn a spot instantly for KR/PR factors. 

WR - Dobson and Boyer battling for the X-WR position, while Jenkins and Jones fight for the back up position. Edelman and Amendola only need to stay healthy because they're locks, as well as ace gunner Slater. 

TE - Gronk, Hern and Ballard are locks. 

OL - Back ups, with the exception of Cannon, are all in competition. 

DL - Francis, Ninkovich, Buchanon and Collins fighting for the LDE position. Vega, Cunningham and Bequette fighting for spots. Armstead, Forston and Deadrick fighting for a DT spot. Kyle Love and Tommy Harris fighting for the LDT postion. 

LB - Fletcher and Beauharnais fighting for a spot. 

CB - Cole, Dowling and Williams figting for spots.

S - Gregory will be cut, but T. Wilson and Harmon fighting for the SS position. A. Wilson will be a hybrid. 

If only BB can bring in a kicker. =) 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Potential Camp competitions

Did I miss anything? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Did I miss anything? 

Ebert and Moe in the mix at WR.

Hooman, Fells, Sudfield and Herman for 4th TE.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

I'm also intrigued by Stephon Morris, CB from Penn St. He's small, but was timed in the high 4.1s by some scouts at his pro day. Official time of 4.35.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

White is still a free agent . . . Beauharnais wil be a cheaper replacement and more potential to develop so I do not see them bringing White back.  I see a free agent kicker or two coming in for some competition and maybe a long snapper.  LB position will be competitive with Hightower, Mayo, and Spikes set but Rivera, Tarpinian, Beautharnais, Fletcher, and Koutouvias fighting it out for the final three or four spots. 

OL is pretty set and should produce any surprises but I see them signing a guy for the practice squad that Dante can work with in case someone goes down.

DL will be the most competitive of positions Wilfork, Jones, Love and Deaderick, Ninkovich  are set but, Kelly, Collins, Vega, Bequete, Frances, Armstead, Cunningham, Forston, Robertson, Buchanan all fighting for postions . . . a lot may come down to who can also help on the special teams . . . so I see about 10 guys fighting for 4 slots and maybe only 3 if Feeney comes in here.

Gronk starts the year on the IR that allows him to come back after 6 game so Fells gets an extention and chance to beat out Ballard.

Think Blount will have an edge on Bolden after what he put BB through last year with the suspensions, etc. but it will be competitive but BB dones like that BIG back and blocking for TB in important.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

I think Collins is also fighting with Fletcher at cover LB. I am very curious how BB uses his new toy as I do not thing he is a standard DE. So many DE drafted are 'projected' as LBs based on running them through a few drills. Collins has plenty of tape playing in space - I think that was part of the decision to take him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to APpats21's comment:

I would say Tracy White and Beauharnais are fighting for a spot.

I think this year Tracy White is finally toast