Power Rankin's, top 10

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastplant. Show beastplant's posts

Power Rankin's, top 10

1.  Indianapolis Colts 4-0- have quietly held the 5th best scoring defensive slot while manning and co. on offense just simply roll.  will only improve when gonzalez returns.

2. New York Giants 4-0- the questions at wide reciver have been resoundingly answered by this young cadre of budding stars.  defense continues to be stellar.  however, this plantar injury to manning's heel could be potentially serious.  my girlfriend had the same thing, and it botherred her bad for a few months.

3. New Orleans Saints 4-0- with 5 ints, 2 returned for 90+ yard td's, in 4 games, darren sharper's early MVP performance leads a newly tenacious defense which has proven it can win games even when the offense, which can now run for 200 plus yards OR pass for 400 as need be, isn't lighting up the board.  they are perhaps playing the best ball league wide, but being classic underachievers, must prove more meddle.  giants come to big easy in 2 weeks....

4. New England Patriots 3-1- with major transitions at wide receiver, and many new young starters and/or vets on defense, it's yet another tatamount coaching performance by BB and staff that this team stands at 3-1 after the first quarter season.  surprising defense will only improve with time, as the offense forges its new identity.  always in the hunt.

5. Baltimore Ravens 3-1- classic samashmouth showdown in Foxboro proved they can really hang with the big boys, as they were in it till the end.  Flacco is the real deal and the defense plays so good, can only improve with less whining.

6t. San Fransisco 49ers 3-1- the biggest surprise thus far.  are one fluke play away from being undefeated.  a young team coached by a young fiery smart mike singletary, playing great defense and coming around with a run based smashmouth style on offense, can only grow.

6t. Minnesota Vikings 4-0- with wins against the lions, browns, plus a last second steal against the niners and a victory over a packers team with a third string left tackle, this undefeated team stays out of the top 5.

7. Denver Broncos 4-0- again, strength of schedule a major factor on this albeit undefeated teams' ranking. cincinatti (a game they should have lost) cleveland oakland and dallas.  what's surprising is that the bengals are the best competition on that list.  must compete with or flat out beat the Pats this sunday in denver to break top 5.

8. New York Jets 3-1- if not for sanchez's mistakes, the saints game stood at 10-10.  the rookie is bound to get schooled sooner or later.  the question becomes how will he respond after such a disasterous outing.  that defense will keep him in every game if he can improve upon his mistakes.

9. Pittsburgh Steelers 2-2- reeling a few games after palomalou's injury is understandable.  with a season saving win, and performance by mr. mendenhal against the chargers, the steelers remain in the hunt and with troy nearing return, should be expected to climb back up the rankings soon enough.

10. Chicago Bears 3-1- what can you say?  in the midst of an injury blizzard, jay cutler has actually played like a true leader.  this bye week couldn't come at a better time for the bears.  play atlanta in two weeks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Re: Power Rankin's, top 10

Beast -
    1.  NO - winning in every way possible. 
    2.  NYG - don't care about the injury.  my point is at this time playing well. 
    3.  MIN - good on both O & D. 
    4.  IND - playing very well right now.  Wins in MIA and AZ (both better than record) count for something.
    5.  NYJ - No shame in a loss at NO, but Sanchez will have to play better to stay here.
    6.  DEN - don't really want to do this, but they are undefeated. 
    7.  NE - but climbing.  Have the raven really beaten anyone?  They were fortunate in SD.  Atlanta was a good win at home.

Everything is really too muddled to go from there.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

IND - playing very well right now.  Wins in MIA and AZ (both better than record) count for something.

LOL!  I love this....the Cards are 1-2, both losses at home.....At best the Cards are a .500 team.  Miami is also about a .500 team if that, last year was a fluke year with a weak schedule.....

So trying to make it look like your team is not beating up on weaklings, is not working......it is humorous.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

In Response to Power Rankin's, top 10:
    [QUOTE]1.  Indianapolis Colts 4-0- have quietly held the 5th best scoring defensive slot while manning and co. on offense just simply roll.  will only improve when gonzalez returns. 2. New York Giants 4-0- the questions at wide reciver have been resoundingly answered by this young cadre of budding stars.  defense continues to be stellar.  however, this plantar injury to manning's heel could be potentially serious.  my girlfriend had the same thing, and it botherred her bad for a few months. 3. New Orleans Saints 4-0- with 5 ints, 2 returned for 90+ yard td's, in 4 games, darren sharper's early MVP performance leads a newly tenacious defense which has proven it can win games even when the offense, which can now run for 200 plus yards OR pass for 400 as need be, isn't lighting up the board.  they are perhaps playing the best ball league wide, but being classic underachievers, must prove more meddle.  giants come to big easy in 2 weeks.... 4. New England Patriots 3-1- with major transitions at wide receiver, and many new young starters and/or vets on defense, it's yet another tatamount coaching performance by BB and staff that this team stands at 3-1 after the first quarter season.  surprising defense will only improve with time, as the offense forges its new identity.  always in the hunt. 5. Baltimore Ravens 3-1- classic samashmouth showdown in Foxboro proved they can really hang with the big boys, as they were in it till the end.  Flacco is the real deal and the defense plays so good, can only improve with less whining. 6t. San Fransisco 49ers 3-1- the biggest surprise thus far.  are one fluke play away from being undefeated.  a young team coached by a young fiery smart mike singletary, playing great defense and coming around with a run based smashmouth style on offense, can only grow. 6t. Minnesota Vikings 4-0- with wins against the lions, browns, plus a last second steal against the niners and a victory over a packers team with a third string left tackle, this undefeated team stays out of the top 5. 7. Denver Broncos 4-0- again, strength of schedule a major factor on this albeit undefeated teams' ranking. cincinatti (a game they should have lost) cleveland oakland and dallas.  what's surprising is that the bengals are the best competition on that list.  must compete with or flat out beat the Pats this sunday in denver to break top 5. 8. New York Jets 3-1- if not for sanchez's mistakes, the saints game stood at 10-10.  the rookie is bound to get schooled sooner or later.  the question becomes how will he respond after such a disasterous outing.  that defense will keep him in every game if he can improve upon his mistakes. 9. Pittsburgh Steelers 2-2- reeling a few games after palomalou's injury is understandable.  with a season saving win, and performance by mr. mendenhal against the chargers, the steelers remain in the hunt and with troy nearing return, should be expected to climb back up the rankings soon enough. 10. Chicago Bears 3-1- what can you say?  in the midst of an injury blizzard, jay cutler has actually played like a true leader.  this bye week couldn't come at a better time for the bears.  play atlanta in two weeks.
    Posted by beastplant[/QUOTE]

Not bad I agree Indy is #1, Giants#3 are not better then Saints#2 so flip those two, and New England #4 is just about right. Minnesotta is #5,  Baltimore #6 and I need San Fran #7 to prove they belong higher then that right now. Jets at #8, Pittsburgh at #9, and at 10 is Denver though I think they slip into the mid teens after Patriots beat them this week allowing Chicago to take over 10th place.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

In Response to Re: Power Rankin's, top 10:
    [QUOTE]IND - playing very well right now.  Wins in MIA and AZ ( both better than record ) count for something. LOL!  I love this....the Cards are 1-2, both losses at home.....At best the Cards are a .500 team.  Miami is also about a .500 team if that, last year was a fluke year with a weak schedule..... So trying to make it look like your team is not beating up on weaklings, is not working......it is humorous.
    Posted by m1020us[/QUOTE]
    It doesn't surprise me that you would call me out.  Look at my ranking.  I put Indy 4th but didn't. 

Miami - has played at ATL, at SD, home vs IND (that's 3 division winners in 3 games from last year) and home vs. BUF (who they dismantled).  If NE takes Miami lightly, they may just lose one to them.

AZ - feel free not to give any respect to a team that went to the SB, but remember that they went to the SB and were very close to winning it.  Fortunate or not (to get to the SB) does not make them a bad team. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Power Rankin's, top 10 : It doesn't surprise me that you would call me out.  Look at my ranking.  I put Indy 4th but didn't.  Miami - has played at ATL, at SD, home vs IND (that's 3 division winners in 3 games from last year) and home vs. BUF (who they dismantled).  If NE takes Miami lightly, they may just lose one to them. AZ - feel free not to give any respect to a team that went to the SB, but remember that they went to the SB and were very close to winning it.  Fortunate or not (to get to the SB) does not make them a bad team. 
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

I didn't call you out about where you put Indy....I just think that it is funny that you are relying on the past season to determine how good a team is on paper....when they have showed you how bad they are on the field this year.

Miami went 11-5 LAST YEAR with an easy schedule....now they are playing a more difficult schedule, expect them to be back to at or below .500

AZ also had a very soft schedule.....they should be falling back to Earth.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mnp3a. Show mnp3a's posts

underdogg,

i think that miami and arizona are "bipolar teams": nobody will be able to tell wether they'll show up playing great or awful. arizona did that last year.
    miami always plays the pats tough, i am sure they won't take those games lightly.

as for the rankings... it is so much about matchups for example i'd say that
     INDY tops NYG tops MIN tops INDY, so:

(1) INDY
    (2) NYG
    (3) MIN
    (4) NO   (since they beat the jets)
    (5) NYJ  (since they beat NWE)
    (6) NWE (but they still have to beat DEN)
    (7) BAL

¿is denver for real?  next game is weird because of McD.
    Pitt, San Fran, Chicago looks good, Chargers have started slow before ...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Power Rankin's, top 10 : I didn't call you out about where you put Indy....I just think that it is funny that you are relying on the past season to determine how good a team is on paper....when they have showed you how bad they are on the field this year. Miami went 11-5 LAST YEAR with an easy schedule....now they are playing a more difficult schedule, expect them to be back to at or below .500 AZ also had a very soft schedule.....they should be falling back to Earth.....
    Posted by m1020us[/QUOTE]
    Interesting point.  What other criteria would you use at the beginning of a season to consider where a team might be as compared to its competition.  the teams may have had an easy schedule, but winning vs an easy schedule does not make you a bad team.  It means you took care of your business. 

Miami has played well with their tough schedule and is capable of winning games.  They are a quality team.  Playoff team, I don't know, but they did pound a Bills team that many here want to call a quality team if only because they gave the pats a good game. 

AZ - easy schedule or not they did get to the superbowl.  Some credit for winning in the postseason should be given. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

The Giants have got to be #1! Eli is throwing 3 tds a game to guys nobody considered. The defensive line is unfortunetly the best and deepest in the league. Oh yeah they have Brandon Jacobs who until this point has been getting game planned against. The Giants are scary.

1. Giants
    2. Vikings(Defense+Best RB in league+ Good QB = 2nd best team in the league)
    3. Saints( 10 interceptions through 4 games)
    4. Colts ( Haven't they won like 12 games in a row, defense keeps them below N.O but record keeps them above N.E)
    5. N.E( Still learning to play together and getting ROY Mayo back soon)
    6. Broncos( Yes easy wins but are averaging under a TD scored against a game)
    7. Ravens( Flacco looks good run game looks good defense looks good)
    8. Jets ( Easy schedule coming up)
    9. Bears
    10. Eagles( Lets not forget Mcnabb and Westbrook are coming back)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Power Rankin's, top 10:
    [QUOTE]1.  Indianapolis Colts 4-0- have quietly held the 5th best scoring defensive slot while manning and co. on offense just simply roll.  will only improve when gonzalez returns. 2. New York Giants 4-0- the questions at wide reciver have been resoundingly answered by this young cadre of budding stars.  defense continues to be stellar.  however, this plantar injury to manning's heel could be potentially serious.  my girlfriend had the same thing, and it botherred her bad for a few months. 3. New Orleans Saints 4-0- with 5 ints, 2 returned for 90+ yard td's, in 4 games, darren sharper's early MVP performance leads a newly tenacious defense which has proven it can win games even when the offense, which can now run for 200 plus yards OR pass for 400 as need be, isn't lighting up the board.  they are perhaps playing the best ball league wide, but being classic underachievers, must prove more meddle.  giants come to big easy in 2 weeks.... 4. New England Patriots 3-1- with major transitions at wide receiver, and many new young starters and/or vets on defense, it's yet another tatamount coaching performance by BB and staff that this team stands at 3-1 after the first quarter season.  surprising defense will only improve with time, as the offense forges its new identity.  always in the hunt. 5. Baltimore Ravens 3-1- classic samashmouth showdown in Foxboro proved they can really hang with the big boys, as they were in it till the end.  Flacco is the real deal and the defense plays so good, can only improve with less whining. 6t. San Fransisco 49ers 3-1- the biggest surprise thus far.  are one fluke play away from being undefeated.  a young team coached by a young fiery smart mike singletary, playing great defense and coming around with a run based smashmouth style on offense, can only grow. 6t. Minnesota Vikings 4-0- with wins against the lions, browns, plus a last second steal against the niners and a victory over a packers team with a third string left tackle, this undefeated team stays out of the top 5. 7. Denver Broncos 4-0- again, strength of schedule a major factor on this albeit undefeated teams' ranking. cincinatti (a game they should have lost) cleveland oakland and dallas.  what's surprising is that the bengals are the best competition on that list.  must compete with or flat out beat the Pats this sunday in denver to break top 5. 8. New York Jets 3-1- if not for sanchez's mistakes, the saints game stood at 10-10.  the rookie is bound to get schooled sooner or later.  the question becomes how will he respond after such a disasterous outing.  that defense will keep him in every game if he can improve upon his mistakes. 9. Pittsburgh Steelers 2-2- reeling a few games after palomalou's injury is understandable.  with a season saving win, and performance by mr. mendenhal against the chargers, the steelers remain in the hunt and with troy nearing return, should be expected to climb back up the rankings soon enough. 10. Chicago Bears 3-1- what can you say?  in the midst of an injury blizzard, jay cutler has actually played like a true leader.  this bye week couldn't come at a better time for the bears.  play atlanta in two weeks.
    Posted by beastplant[/QUOTE]

I'm not so sure about indy. They barely beat jville and miami then beat up on one of the league's weakest teams in seattle and an arizona team that looks horrible so far this year. I predict a loss to titans this week. I certainly wouldn't have them at #1, maybe 6 or 7.
    Gainnts, saints, pats could be 1-3.
    ravens have to beat a contending team before they can be considered for the top 10.
    Likewise denver, who will loose this week, for sure. they don't belong in the top 10, IMHO.
    jests and niners seem legit. Sanchez will be a probowl candidate QB next year along with flacco.
    Absolutely love watching the stealers loose! with the 4th easiest schedule in the league, it'd be hard for them not to get a playoff berth, but there's always hope!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

AZ - feel free not to give any respect to a team that went to the SB, but remember that they went to the SB and were very close to winning it.  Fortunate or not (to get to the SB) does not make them a bad team. 
    Posted by underdogg

That was then, this is now.
    I'm sure you're aware of the history of loosing SB teams the following year. Most don't even make the playoffs and AZ seems to be on track to hit that goal.
    Too bad, I actually like the cardinals and it was nice to see a "new" team in the SB last year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

The Giants have got to be #1! Eli is throwing 3 tds a game to guys nobody considered. The defensive line is unfortunetly the best and deepest in the league. Oh yeah they have Brandon Jacobs who until this point has been getting game planned against. The Giants are scary. 1. Giants 2. Vikings(Defense+Best RB in league+ Good QB = 2nd best team in the league) 3. Saints( 10 interceptions through 4 games) 4. Colts ( Haven't they won like 12 games in a row, defense keeps them below N.O but record keeps them above N.E) 5. N.E( Still learning to play together and getting ROY Mayo back soon) 6. Broncos( Yes easy wins but are averaging under a TD scored against a game) 7. Ravens( Flacco looks good run game looks good defense looks good) 8. Jets ( Easy schedule coming up) 9. Bears 10. Eagles( Lets not forget Mcnabb and Westbrook are coming back)
    Posted by TrueChamp

This list makes more sense to me. My only change would be to swap NE and indy, based on strength of schedule and drop denver out of the top 10 altogether for the same reason.
    I'd also probably swap the whiners, uh...i mean, uh, ravens and the jests.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Underdogg...

Not meant as disrespectful, but do you honestly believe, as a Giants' fan, that they've played an even remotely challenging team right now?  Granted Dallas gave them a game, but Dallas is no superpower, and the Giants' D gave up 31.  And if I remember right, didn't NY give up 17 to Washington, at home? They won that game by 6.  Against the Redskins.  In the Meadowlands.

TB is barely a passable NFL franchise right now.  They look abysmal.  Giants blanked them.  Giants gave up 16 to KC in KC, not too bad. 

No doubt, the G-men are going to be really tough to beat this season.  But these first four games are FAR from a test for them.  I'll be interested to see what happens when they play the Saints in NO, and the Eagles in Phila.  Until then, you know as well as anyone on these boards that strength of schedule is and always has been a significant determining factor in a team's play.

But yeah, I get that they are a formidable team and a more than worthy adversary for any NFL team right now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

alfie -

A little issue here.  I'll attribute your suggestion that the pats should be higher than the colts based soley on fandom and not your shody reasoning. 

Here is why:
    1.  the pats needed opponent stupidity to have a shot a winning against a very poor bills team.  This bills team is worse than phins as proven by the absolute dismantling of the bills by the phins. 
    2.  the ravens (who were driving toward a winning TD against the pats) have beaten NFL elite teams like KC and Clev (sarcasm) and were fortunate to beat an SD team that might be lucky to hit 8-8 again.
    3.  atlanta - who has a suspect defense has beaten "only" defeated carolina (and not by alot at home) and that dolphins team most here think so little of (also at home).  If Atlanta had any competition in division other than NO, I'd put them at 8-8 at best, but they'll get four wins without even trying playing Car and TB.

So as I see it, the jets are your only real comp, and you did not beat them. 

So much for strength of schedule.

The colts on the other hand have beaten the phins at the phins (better than
    Buff); beaten AZ at AZ (who is comparable to Balt - since we played AZ on the road); beaten Jax who is comparable to ATL; beaten Seattle (who is not comparable to the Jets, but we won and shredded them, while the pats lost)

If we are only ranking teams through 4 games there is simply no non-fandom way to put the pats above the colts. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]Underdogg... Not meant as disrespectful, but do you honestly believe, as a Giants' fan, that they've played an even remotely challenging team right now?  Granted Dallas gave them a game, but Dallas is no superpower, and the Giants' D gave up 31.  And if I remember right, didn't NY give up 17 to Washington, at home? They won that game by 6.  Against the Redskins.  In the Meadowlands. TB is barely a passable NFL franchise right now.  They look abysmal.  Giants blanked them.  Giants gave up 16 to KC in KC, not too bad.  No doubt, the G-men are going to be really tough to beat this season.  But these first four games are FAR from a test for them.  I'll be interested to see what happens when they play the Saints in NO, and the Eagles in Phila.  Until then, you know as well as anyone on these boards that strength of schedule is and always has been a significant determining factor in a team's play. But yeah, I get that they are a formidable team and a more than worthy adversary for any NFL team right now.
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]
    Soups - I am happy to swap NO and NYG.  Put NYG #3.  I also agree that the season is so young that much can and will change.  by the way, I am a colts fan not a giants fan.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Power Rankin's, top 10 : Soups - I am happy to swap NO and NYG.  Put NYG #3.  I also agree that the season is so young that much can and will change.  by the way, I am a colts fan not a giants fan.

You're a really logical, well-spoken poster, I know that much.

Colts are legit; Giants are too.  Peyton is the MVP right now.  Enjoy the season!

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]alfie - A little issue here.  I'll attribute your suggestion that the pats should be higher than the colts based soley on fandom and not your shody reasoning.  Here is why: 1.  the pats needed opponent stupidity to have a shot a winning against a very poor bills team.  This bills team is worse than phins as proven by the absolute dismantling of the bills by the phins.  2.  the ravens (who were driving toward a winning TD against the pats) have beaten NFL elite teams like KC and Clev (sarcasm) and were fortunate to beat an SD team that might be lucky to hit 8-8 again. 3.  atlanta - who has a suspect defense has beaten "only" defeated carolina (and not by alot at home) and that dolphins team most here think so little of (also at home).  If Atlanta had any competition in division other than NO, I'd put them at 8-8 at best, but they'll get four wins without even trying playing Car and TB. So as I see it, the jets are your only real comp, and you did not beat them.  So much for strength of schedule. The colts on the other hand have beaten the phins at the phins (better than Buff); beaten AZ at AZ (who is comparable to Balt - since we played AZ on the road); beaten Jax who is comparable to ATL; beaten Seattle (who is not comparable to the Jets, but we won and shredded them, while the pats lost) If we are only ranking teams through 4 games there is simply no non-fandom way to put the pats above the colts. 

shoddy is spelled with two ds but you're calling my reasoning shoddy for comparing strength of competition, but you then go on to propose awarding "style points" for wins? Come on, I thought you knew more football than that.

Your reasoning isn't shoddy, its non-existent. You don't really count the Pats win at Buffalo because you claim it was based on "opponent stupidity", whatever that is. You then downplay the significance of our win vs ravens when, earlier in this same thread you ranked them #5 in the entire league. Just another lucky patriot win, eh? Atlanta was considered to be a powerhouse team till we dismantled them. You also seemed to have forgotten that our lone loss was by a touchdown, away, in the second game that Tommy's played in tore than a year.

On the other hand, you puff up over the colts "undefeated" season when their wins have all come vs the seattles of the NFL? You barely squeaked out a win against a 1-3 miami team. You just scraped by a very mediocre jacksonville team by 2 points at home. You actually put AZ on a par with the ravens to pump up the colts record? That's ridiculous. You say that the cardinals are tied with the ravens at #5 in your NFL power ranking! Are you high? That's beyond ridiculous. Get real. You have to be the most myopic of all homers on this site.   
    Pats are several position ahead of the colts in any power rankings at this point in the season, simply based on a rational analysis of strength of opposition.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

alf - sorry for the spelling mistake.  It does detract from my comments...I think.  I'll try to be better.  Not sure how you can call my reasoning non-existent.  I provided information to support my points which is significantly better than Suxfun who only likes to attack the poster and not the post.  Now you may not like my reasoning, but that doesn't make it non-existent.  For someone so keen on spelling, I would expect you to get this.  

So if we are simply going to call big wins "style points" then the colts should be higher than the pats simply by virtue of more wins.   

Sure we beat seattle, but the pats barely beat buffalo.  At least there was no question about the win, whereas the pats win vs. buffalo required a buffalo player to make one of the most boneheaded decisions of the year to give the pats a chance to win. 

I'll say it here again.  Pats fans don't get to use Brady as an excuse.  I tried to tell everyone here that there would be an adjustment period for Brady overcoming the mental barriers associated with playing on a reconstructed knee.  I said it would take about 4 games and pats fan since feb would just call me a hater and tell me I didn't know what I was talking about.  True or not, pats fans claimed brady would have no adjustment period and pats fans were wrong.  besides if you are using brady's adjustment as a reason the pats are better, that could be true in a few games, but it is not yet.  He has to have an "on" game before brady is a part of that formula.   

Pats have played 3 at home.  the colts have played 2.  They traveled to miami and 6 days later played in AZ (both playoff teams last year and not projected to be worse this year).  As I see it, the pats played 2 playoff teams so far this year and so have the colts.  Strength of schedule is similar.  Sagarin who uses only formulas to do his rankings has the colts strength of schedule to date, higher than the pats.  This may be because the colts have played 2 on the road while the pats have played only one.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Doog, Alfie...   After only four weeks, these power rankings aren't much more than "style" points at this time of the season.  I agree with Jints, wait until the 8-9th week and we shall see who is rising and falling at that time.  To see a team like the Steelers at 2 - 2 while Denver is 4 - 0, does that mean Denver is the better team?  It Tennessee really that bad right now?

IMHO, I say the Colts have looked more impressive in their wins, regardless of the competition.  They won their games outright without the need for some "lucky" play or other team mistake as we have seen in some wins in the league this year.  But, we also have seen many times, the "best" team doesn't always win, does it?  Dogg, you've experienced that feeling, haven't you? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]alf - sorry for the spelling mistake.  It does detract from my comments...I think.  I'll try to be better.  Not sure how you can call my reasoning non-existent.  I provided information to support my points which is significantly better than Suxfun who only likes to attack the poster and not the post.  Now you may not like my reasoning, but that doesn't make it non-existent.  For someone so keen on spelling, I would expect you to get this.   So if we are simply going to call big wins "style points" then the colts should be higher than the pats simply by virtue of more wins.    Sure we beat seattle, but the pats barely beat buffalo.  At least there was no question about the win, whereas the pats win vs. buffalo required a buffalo player to make one of the most boneheaded decisions of the year to give the pats a chance to win.  I'll say it here again.  Pats fans don't get to use Brady as an excuse.  I tried to tell everyone here that there would be an adjustment period for Brady overcoming the mental barriers associated with playing on a reconstructed knee.  I said it would take about 4 games and pats fan since feb would just call me a hater and tell me I didn't know what I was talking about.  True or not, pats fans claimed brady would have no adjustment period and pats fans were wrong.  besides if you are using brady's adjustment as a reason the pats are better, that could be true in a few games, but it is not yet.  He has to have an "on" game before brady is a part of that formula.    Pats have played 3 at home.  the colts have played 2.  They traveled to miami and 6 days later played in AZ (both playoff teams last year and not projected to be worse this year).  As I see it, the pats played 2 playoff teams so far this year and so have the colts.  Strength of schedule is similar.  Sagarin who uses only formulas to do his rankings has the colts strength of schedule to date, higher than the pats.  This may be because the colts have played 2 on the road while the pats have played only one.

Well, you brought up the style point issue in claiming that pats victory over the bills was only due to "opponent stupidity to have a shot a winning against a very poor bills team".

I call your reasoning non-existent because it lacks logic. Examples?
    1. Your statement that "This bills team is worse than phins as proven by the absolute dismantling of the bills by the phins". One game prooves nothing. You should know that.
    2. In one sentence you say that "the ravens (who were driving toward a winning TD against the pats) have beaten NFL elite teams like KC and Clev (sarcasm) and were fortunate to beat an SD team that might be lucky to hit 8-8 again", in attempting to dimish the significance of the pat's win over them. However, in a previous post in this same thread, you rate the ravens #5 in the league. a bit inconsistent, eh?
    3. You claim your win over the phins is more meaningful that the pats wion over the bills because phins are better than buffalo. How can that be when they're both 3-1?

4. You claim that AZ and Balt are comparable. Again, AZ is 1-2, balt is 3-1.  Three times as many wins doesn't sound comparable to me.  
    5. You brag on the colts wins vs bottom feeders like seattle, az and miami and your squeaked out win vs jacksonville as if they were meaningful.
    6. Playoff teams last year is meaningless. That was then, this is now, especially seeing as they playoff teams you refer to have a combined total of two wins so far this year.
    7. Where did the " you don't get to use brady's injury as an excuse" rule come from? It took manning half a season to get back after hin knee surgery. Tell me you never allowed for that.

I have a lot more but my fingers are getting tired.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]Doog, Alfie...   After only four weeks, these power rankings aren't much more than "style" points at this time of the season.  I agree with Jints, wait until the 8-9th week and we shall see who is rising and falling at that time.  To see a team like the Steelers at 2 - 2 while Denver is 4 - 0, does that mean Denver is the better team?  It Tennessee really that bad right now? IMHO, I say the Colts have looked more impressive in their wins, regardless of the competition.  They won their games outright without the need for some "lucky" play or other team mistake as we have seen in some wins in the league this year.  But, we also have seen many times, the "best" team doesn't always win, does it?  Dogg, you've experienced that feeling, haven't you? 
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

Bill, you're absolutely correct but dogg and i just like to argue.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

any questions about that stout Bills team?

24. This post has been removed.