Practicing In The Elements

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Re: Practicing In The Elements

Depends on who they play.  If they get the Colts I see it as a signfiicant advantage.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think it's a big advantage. And really I think the cold helps this team right now, we haven't been able to throw it the way we normally would heading into the post season, if we can run it that would be good. The cold might hurt another team's chance of throwing the ball all over the place too. Then again it might be 40 when we play next week, but bottom line most teams that will come in here are not used to the elelments like we are.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Regardless of who they play it's an advantage, think about the run game we've adopted, Blount and Brady can do some real damage in the elements.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/new_england_patriots/2014/01/pats_work_on_snowball_control

Brady has actually been the leading culprit with nine fumbles, which are his most since 2006. (Peyton Manning, by the way, had 10.) He’s followed by Julian Edelman (six), Stevan Ridley (four), LeGarretteBlount (three), Shane Vereen (one) and Aaron Dobson (one).

If it snows, do the Patriots really have an advantage re: playing in bad weather?

[/QUOTE]

First...   Brady is 25 - 5 in weather at or below freezing..  Advantage PATS!!!!!

Second, given how often we heard calls for Ridley's head when he fumbles, amazing how the same focus does not occur for Brady, who leads the team, and for Edelman with his 6.  Yes, I know, Brady is "different", but, Edelman?  He had less touches of the ball than Ridley.  I guess it is the timing of his fumbles, a couple which ultimately led to an opponent's score, that made his fumbles more highly visible.  Where's the fairness?  

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/new_england_patriots/2014/01/pats_work_on_snowball_control

Brady has actually been the leading culprit with nine fumbles, which are his most since 2006. (Peyton Manning, by the way, had 10.) He’s followed by Julian Edelman (six), Stevan Ridley (four), LeGarretteBlount (three), Shane Vereen (one) and Aaron Dobson (one).

If it snows, do the Patriots really have an advantage re: playing in bad weather?

First...   Brady is 25 - 5 in weather at or below freezing..  Advantage PATS!!!!!

Second, given how often we heard calls for Ridley's head when he fumbles, amazing how the same focus does not occur for Brady, who leads the team, and for Edelman with his 6.  Yes, I know, Brady is "different", but, Edelman?  He had less touches of the ball than Ridley.  I guess it is the timing of his fumbles, a couple which ultimately led to an opponent's score, that made his fumbles more highly visible.  Where's the fairness?  

[/QUOTE]

WHat?

Are you drunk?  My god.  Edelman was targeted twice the amount of Megatron down the stretch this season. Ridley was benched and was scaled back from his duties.

I am not sure any player had his hands on the ball more than Edelman this year, between punt returns and being targeted as a WR here in 2013.

I also have no idea how Edelman can't make the Pro Bowl.  

[/QUOTE]

Rusty....  

Ridley -  178 rushing attempts + 10 pass receptions = 188 touches - Fumble % - 2.1

Edelman - 105 pass receptions + 35 punt returns = 140 touches - Fumble % - 4.3

Brady - 628 Passing attempts + 470 rushing handoffs = 1,098 touches = Fumble % - 0.82

Can only fumble the ball when in possession..   Ridley had more touches than Edelman.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Rusty - simple stat was used..  fumbles lost by that player which is considered a turnover.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

It's a huge advantage against certain opponents. Snow and bad weather help against high powered offenses like the Saints, and Den for instance. When you aren't use to the cold and snow you also tend to move slower and in less sure movements so it's a drawback to teams like the Colts, SD, Car. 

If the Pats make it to the SB, playing outdoors in NY could be a massive advantage depending on the team they face. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I would normally agree that inclimate weather is an advantage for us...our run game via Blount is picking up, the big fatties are blocking well, and Brady seems comfortable with the focus on running....however, our run D is not what it was with Vince, mayo and Kelly. Inclimate weather will, or should induce other teams to run more as well. My concern is for our D line. I know siliga has looked good, but can the run d improve? 

And no Russ...I am not planting any seeds to defer blame from Brady and the offense should they play bad.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Bad weather is big advantage for this team. The running game has come far, and if a game should come down to a shotout in the final quarter is there another QB in the AFC you would rather have in bad weather then Brady?