Prayers For Boston

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: Prayers For Boston

In response to PatsEng's comment:

I'm still in shock. I'm usually down by that part of the finish line every year because I have friends who run in it. This year though I decided to take the year off and just walk around the city and enjoy the day. I honestly don't know if I can ever go to the finish line again now. It feels like someone just robbed me of my happy memories.

My thoughts and prayers are to those fighting for their lives and those who lost loved ones today

tragic. glad you all still in the area and posting now are well

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I've run Boston 7 times but instead of running this year was with friends whose daughter was running.  We had just exited the Arlington T stop having come back from cheering her on at the Woodland stop when the explosions occurred.  I projected her to be at least 30+ minutes out at that point.  It was chaotic in most areas.  BPD and State Police responding; ambulances trying to get to the scene.  Spectators and runners who had finished trying to sort out what was going on.

Eventually learned that 2 explosions had occurred near finish line.  I suggested that we simply get to the family meeting area; her section was on Stuart Street.  We waited there it seems forever.  Many, many friends and family waiting and in anguish.  We were standing with one poor guy who was waiting for his wife who had finished just about the time of the explosion.  She finally showed.

About 3:45 we got a text from our runner.  She was ok but was diverted at Kenmore Square; couldn't finish the race.  We eventually connected with her at the Public Garden and then walked to South Station and got out of town.

Unless you've been in near the finish line on Patriots Day it's very difficult to comprehend just how crowded it is.  We are fortunate that not more lives were lost. 

Utmost respect to the medical teams near the finish line. They generally see dehydration, severe cramps, sprains, occasional cardiac issues.  Their response was heroic as was that of the BAA volunteers and Boston Police. 

And, yes, I pray for Boston and all those effected by this act.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:

Anyway, terrible incident. I was at the marathon, but closer to BC and away from the finish line. Pretty sad day...

Wow!  Details, please.

I hear they have the suspect in custody.

I have a couple friends who qualified for it this year and were running in it.  Thankfully they are okay. 

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/authorities_under_suspect_guard_y2m8cJO29uC2PDGIjYBalO?utm_source=SFnewyorkpost&utm_medium=SFnewyorkpost

Investigators have a suspect — a Saudi Arabian national — in the horrific Boston Marathon bombings, The Post has learned.

Law enforcement sources said the 20-year-old suspect was under guard at an undisclosed Boston hospital.

Fox News reported that the suspect suffered severe burns.

It was not immediately clear why the man was hospitalized and whether he was injured in the attack or in his apprehension.

The man was caught less than two hours after the 2:50 p.m. bombing on the finish line of the race, in the heart of Boston.

12 DEAD, 50 INJURED AFTER 2 EXPLOSIONS ROCK BOSTON MARATHON

Glad that the idiot who likely perpetrated this attack was caught. No surprise that this is yet another case of terrorism. 

Even though I have lived in Texas now for many years, this resonates with me. It's feels kind of like this has happened in my home town. I worked in that general area of Boston when I was a very young man. I remember getting off work, and then walking a few blocks to Fenway Park to catch the Sox. Would pay a buck (yes...one dollar!!) to sit in the center field bleachers behind Fred Lynn, and watch Freddie, Jim Rice, Dwight Evans, and the icon, Carl Yastrzemski, play.

A different time...and a different world. My heart goes out to the many victims, and to the great city of Boston.   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

The Mother of the 8 year old boy who was killed is having or needs brain surgery and his sister lost her leg from what I have read. They were all there to watch their Father/Husband run.

I can only imagine what that man is going through.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

I am very thankful that my family and friends in the Boston area are all safe. I hope aht all you fellow posters and your families are well also. This world we live in gets crazier by the day! I have one request for the posters in thsi forum; out of respect for the victims, PLEASE ignore the trolls like Godverment who are using this tragedy to start threads to further their political agenda. Now is not the time for politics. Thanks.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEBACK. Show WeDerrWEBACK's posts

Thank you to the emergency services in Boston.  Their police and fire depts. are known as one of the best. 

Some sick people in this world...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

I am very thankful that my family and friends in the Boston area are all safe. I hope aht all you fellow posters and your families are well also. This world we live in gets crazier by the day! I have one request for the posters in thsi forum; out of respect for the victims, PLEASE ignore the trolls like Godverment who are using this tragedy to start threads to further their political agenda. Now is not the time for politics. Thanks.

Well said, Quag.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Some things transcend political agendas.  The act of people being maimed and killed presents an opportunity for some people here to get on a soap box to talk about U.S. foreign policy?  And to opine about how we in the U.S. turn a blind eye to the rest of the world as people suffer?  It's the wrong time and venue for that so I'll not comment further.  

I prefer to think of the individuals and families who went to the marathon, and how, at this time, some are mourning their loved ones or are fighting for their lives as they lay on an operating table.  If you believe in God, pray for them.  If it's within your means and you can do something for the victims, do it.  You may not be able to change the world, but you can help to make it a better place by being compassionate at a time when compassion is needed.       

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Horrible news!! My thoughts and prayers for all the victims and their families. Many thanks to all the hero's who have and are helping after this tragedy and many thanks to all those who have and do fight for our freedom!