Pre-Game Discussion: Miami Dolphins @ New England Patriots

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Pre-Game Discussion: Miami Dolphins @ New England Patriots

Self Explanatory - figure everyone's chomping at the bit to get back to watching Patriots football after the week off.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Re: Pre-Game Discussion: Miami Dolphins @ New England Patriots

I think the fact that BB and company had 2 weeks to prepare for Miami will mean good results on Sunday. Expect Miami to struggle again with the wildcat offense, it does not even concern me. My biggest concern is the Patriots OL containing the pass rush long enough for Brady to tear up the Miami secondary like the Jets did. Ted Ginn had a breakout game on special teams, this is good news as the Pats ST unit will be ready for him. This should be a fairly easy 2 TD win.

Patriots 30 Dolphins 16

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mnp3a. Show mnp3a's posts

it could be fairly easy, of course  ... BUT...
    miami could have won against indy and no, those were tough games and miami's running game is very good.
    hoping for an easy game, yes, but i wouldn't put my money on a 2td easy win.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

In Response to Re: Pre-Game Discussion: Miami Dolphins @ New England Patriots:
    [QUOTE]I think the fact that BB and company had 2 weeks to prepare for Miami will mean good results on Sunday. Expect Miami to struggle again with the wildcat offense, it does not even concern me. My biggest concern is the Patriots OL containing the pass rush long enough for Brady to tear up the Miami secondary like the Jets did. Ted Ginn had a breakout game on special teams, this is good news as the Pats ST unit will be ready for him. This should be a fairly easy 2 TD win. Patriots 30 Dolphins 16
    Posted by PatsRfineIn09[/QUOTE]

The dolphns do not have a "wildcat offense".  Their run game has a wildcat formation; but it is  a small part of their offense based on the percentage of offensive plays run out of the wildcat formation. 

Now, if you're saying that Miami's running game may struggle, well, that could be true.  But I wouldn't take comfort in the fact that Miami struggled last week against the Jets run defense.   And don't forget that Miami ran all over the Jets D in the first game. 

I am not saying Miami will run all over the Pats--it's going to be a good matchup.  But I wouldn't get too cocky just because the Jets stopped Miami last week.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

I am anything but cocky where football is concerned and i could care less what the jets did to miami last week. This is a BB coached team, we had 2 weeks to prepare and we are at Gillette. Miami is not going to sneak up on us this year with trick plays and i happen to think the Pats D will contain the miami running attack. This is a good situation this week and it's not that much of a stretch to have a 2 TD win. Now the rematch in miami will not be as easy obviously after 4 games against 4 pretty good teams but this week is the best chance of a big win moreso than any of the next 5.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

The key to this game is getting up early. Let the D pin their ears back and not play on their heels and the cat/rookie won't do anything. TB and the O are going to have a huge game down the middle. Watson, Welker and Faulk will be big against the 21st pass D. Miami's also horrible against the screen and nobody does it better then the Pats. It'd be nice to see LM/Law Firm have a week against a good rush D. Might send a message to Indy/Saints.
    You'd expect them to win this game on a normal week let alone coming off the bye and to have it home makes it that much easier.

This is a statement week, they have a tough month and BB is stressing how important execution is so this one's over after three. Pats 34-17. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

BB has seen the mildcat and has already defensed it well in last years second game.  In front of the Miami home crowd the mildcat produced 24 yards in 8 plays.

The Jets left BB a roadmap on how to defense Chad Henne.  I'm sure BB was home at the time studying the Jets-Miami game with a bowl of popcorn, getting a head start.  The Patriots have to play the two teams a total of three times in the next five weeks.  BB probably was at work laying in some wrinkles and gimmick plays all last week and this week too for Miami.

Pretty good weather for passing teams is forecast for Foxboro:  high, 59 degrees, sun and clouds.  At this point I don't know what Miami does for offense.  If you've seen any orphan offense wandering the streets, call Child Protective Services.

Unless Ghost has a good chance of kicking the football out of the endzone, BB will order him to kick it away from Ted Ginn.  Problem solved. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Miami will not go easy into that good night.

Defense: Porter, Taylor, Crowder and Ayodele will be looking to get to Brady on most plays, running game will be key to keeping them back and honest

Offense: Stopping the run and trick plays. Brown and Williams know that if we have a defensive weakness it is on the run. They will try to exploit it. 

Should be a good game, we should win, just have to be ready for Miami as always. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

Division games can be tough no matter how good or not the opponent is. being that the Pats have had two weeks to prepare and that the "other" Chad is starting I feel good about the Pats in this one. I think they will do well in confusing Henne and bait him into poor decision making. If the Pats get ahead early and force Miami to pass more  it could be a long day for the Fins. If Miami stays in it we could see a nailbiter.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from perfect72. Show perfect72's posts

[QUOTE]BB has seen the mildcat and has already defensed it well in last years second game.  In front of the Miami home crowd the mildcat produced 24 yards in 8 plays. The Jets left BB a roadmap on how to defense Chad Henne.  I'm sure BB was home at the time studying the Jets-Miami game with a bowl of popcorn, getting a head start.  The Patriots have to play the two teams a total of three times in the next five weeks.  BB probably was at work laying in some wrinkles and gimmick plays all last week and this week too for Miami. Pretty good weather for passing teams is forecast for Foxboro:  high, 59 degrees, sun and clouds.  At this point I don't know what Miami does for offense.  If you've seen any orphan offense wandering the streets, call Child Protective Services. Unless Ghost has a good chance of kicking the football out of the endzone, BB will order him to kick it away from Ted Ginn.  Problem solved. 
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]
    NE dosn't have the Jets personall on Defense. Pat's corners aren't scaring anybody. They don't have a Revis covering back there which could leave them vulnerable. The Jets put 9 people in the box to stop the run..they did this because they have guys that cover extremely well. Look what the Jets did against the Pats when they played them. They shut down Moss and company and braught the house. Miami is going to run right at NE with the thought of working off the play action...You will see the wildcat sparingly.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

If I were concerned about this game, it would be because what the Dolphins do well -- run the ball -- plays into what the Pats do less well -- stop the run. Miami wants to control the ball and the clock. The way you stop that is by scoring early and often. I fully expect the Pats to be able to move the ball against this defense, and while the Dolphins run the single wing better than any other team in the league -- Smith-Corona also made a damn fine typewriter.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pre-Game Discussion: Miami Dolphins @ New England Patriots : NE dosn't have the Jets personall on Defense. Pat's corners aren't scaring anybody. They don't have a Revis covering back there which could leave them vulnerable. The Jets put 9 people in the box to stop the run..they did this because they have guys that cover extremely well. Look what the Jets did against the Pats when they played them. They shut down Moss and company and braught the house. Miami is going to run right at NE with the thought of working off the play action...You will see the wildcat sparingly.
    Posted by perfect72[/QUOTE]

Will look forward to your post after the game:

Run will be stuffed, Henning will be forced to throw, game will be ovah.

But you enjoy the view

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

The Dolphins are always threat to beat us, or at least give us a tough game no matter how good/bad they are when we play them.  This is just one of those rivalries where they could win 2 games all season long and one of the wins would be against us.

I always liked the Dolphins rivalry better than the Jets.  Parcells builds teams that you can at least respect.  Porter is the only exception on their team; a good player but a trash talker.

Looking forward to the game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Perfect72...spoken like a true Phin Phanatic...  I guess you haven't watched the Pats much.  How many points did the Dolphins O score Sunday?  Did I hear what???  You mumbled something like 9 points?!  Credit goes to special teams not that O.... Joey "the mouth" Porter.. TWO tackles... we are quakin!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pre-Game Discussion: Miami Dolphins @ New England Patriots : NE dosn't have the Jets personall on Defense. Pat's corners aren't scaring anybody. They don't have a Revis covering back there which could leave them vulnerable. The Jets put 9 people in the box to stop the run..they did this because they have guys that cover extremely well. Look what the Jets did against the Pats when they played them. They shut down Moss and company and braught the house. Miami is going to run right at NE with the thought of working off the play action...You will see the wildcat sparingly.

I'm surprised at the more blunt posts of others here, but I'll politely point out that I don't think the Dolphins have anybody at receiver worth shutting down.  Camarillo is it and it should be easy enough to shut him down with team defense.  McGowan should fare at least as well against Fasano as he did against worldbeater Tony Gonzalez.  

Barring any surprises or trick plays, I think the Patriots' defense should fare just fine.  I think my main cause for concern would be if Henne stayed in the game and shifted back to the QB position to pass like Orton did, but Orton is a much more experienced quarterback.  My other concern is if Pat White can run an NFL offense, but if he could then he'd be starting over Henne, so I only see him running a few scripted plays if any.  My final concern would be trick plays.

If the Pats play disciplined defense, they should be fine.  

And I don't think the Dolphins have anyone in the secondary who can shut down Moss like Revis did, especially now that Will Allen is out for the year.  Furthermore, you forget that Wes Welker didn't play against the Jets, and since then he has regularly made teams pay for the space they leave underneath in rolling safeties over the top and bringing pressure.  I think Jason Taylor is Miami's best chance at winning.

And someone should tell Porter that his Pittsburgh team got caught with $1,000,000 of HGH.  Just sayin'

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]Perfect72...spoken like a true Phin Phanatic...  I guess you haven't watched the Pats much.  How many points did the Dolphins O score Sunday?  Did I hear what???  You mumbled something like 9 points?!  Credit goes to special teams not that O.... Joey "the mouth" Porter.. TWO tackles... we are quakin!!
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]
    So you think the fins are "quakin" with ne pounding WINLESS teams?

it should be a good game

fins-28
    pats-21

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pre-Game Discussion: Miami Dolphins @ New England Patriots : NE dosn't have the Jets personall on Defense. Miami is going to run right at NE with the thought of working off the play action...You will see the wildcat sparingly.
    Do you realize that the Patriots field probably the strongest and heaviest front seven in the NFL?  Ty Warren benched 550 pounds in college (current weight records are a team secret, sorry) and weighs 310 pounds.  Wilfork is 335 pounds officially, unofficially look at his photos.  There's a new top-of-second-rounder, Ron Brace, who was described by a scout as a "human avalanche".  He stops runs.  You haven't yet seen Junior Seau this year on run-stopping duty, he was just signed, so expect a little upgrade.  The rest of the starters and most of the defensive line's rotating subs are maulers.  This is a defense deliberately built from the ground up to stuff Miami's and New York's running attacks.  And Tennesee's.

I don't know if Henne has mastered the play-action to NFL standards. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from touchdownpats. Show touchdownpats's posts

Contain Ginn and no turnovers. Should chalk up to be a Pats victory. 

Jet's, minus Jenkins, shut down the ground game, and QB play from Henne is poor. With our DBs playing better every week, don't see the Phins moving the ball at all. Pat's run D has been good all year.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]Contain Ginn and no turnovers. Should chalk up to be a Pats victory.  Jet's, minus Jenkins, shut down the ground game, and QB play from Henne is poor. With our DBs playing better every week, don't see the Phins moving the ball at all. Pat's run D has been good all year.
    Posted by touchdownpats[/QUOTE]
    and the fins ran all over the jets when jenkins was there...so that point is a wash...

and henne hasnt been too bad so far...he has limited his mistakes thus far and thats what you can hope for from what is virtually a rookie corner

i see the phins running the ball down NE's throat again...question is...will brady have enough time in the pocket to get points back

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pre-Game Discussion: Miami Dolphins @ New England Patriots : Will look forward to your post after the game: Run will be stuffed, Henning will be forced to throw, game will be ovah. But you enjoy the view
    Posted by gmbill[/QUOTE]

Ahhhh...I only wish some of them would actually come back after the game..they never do though...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Pats coming off a bye week. Tom Brady at home. Got to take the Pats in this one.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pre-Game Discussion: Miami Dolphins @ New England Patriots : So you think the fins are "quakin" with ne pounding WINLESS teams? it should be a good game fins-28 pats-21
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE]

Good teams are SUPPOSED to POUND bad teams.. oh, and I seem to recall the Pats did defeat two teams along the way who were undefeated at the time they played them.  So, what is your point?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Living in South Florida I see and here more about the Dolphins then I would like. I have noticed that obviously the wildcat is for real and it is effective. Henne is not a liability on offense. he makes strong throws and usually good decisions. his accuracy has been an issue but might have something to do with his poor wr core. I would think the solution would be to spy the running backs stack the box and make Henne hit on some balls.(He can throw the ball far down the field though)

On defense they can stop the run pretty well there linebackers are better at pass rush and offer little in the way of covering tight ends( Ben Watson Ding Ding Ding) The secondary is perhaps the worst in the league. Ive watched a lot of football this year and they get beat all of the time. mark Sanchez SHREDDED them. We will exploit them.

With all of that said they are the Dolphins and they have given us problems almost every year(Not 2007 baby) I have been to almost every game down here and the best one was still the Troy Brown 80 yard td catch in overtime. The worst would be the 4 INT game by Brady on Monday night football. We Hate The Dolphins and were gonna win!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

[QUOTE]Living in South Florida I see and here more about the Dolphins then I would like. I have noticed that obviously the wildcat is for real and it is effective. Henne is not a liability on offense. he makes strong throws and usually good decisions. his accuracy has been an issue but might have something to do with his poor wr core. I would think the solution would be to spy the running backs stack the box and make Henne hit on some balls.(He can throw the ball far down the field though) On defense they can stop the run pretty well there linebackers are better at pass rush and offer little in the way of covering tight ends( Ben Watson Ding Ding Ding) The secondary is perhaps the worst in the league. Ive watched a lot of football this year and they get beat all of the time. mark Sanchez SHREDDED them. We will exploit them. With all of that said they are the Dolphins and they have given us problems almost every year(Not 2007 baby) I have been to almost every game down here and the best one was still the Troy Brown 80 yard td catch in overtime. The worst would be the 4 INT game by Brady on Monday night football. We Hate The Dolphins and were gonna win!
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

What's the latest and greatest on sport talk down there? Do they actually think they have a chance?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pre-Game Discussion: Miami Dolphins @ New England Patriots : What's the latest and greatest on sport talk down there? Do they actually think they have a chance?
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

Actually they are somewhat at peace with what they are which is probably an 8-8 or 9-7 team. Everybody is still looking for Dan Marino and as I enjoy reminding them...Dan Marino ain't walking through that door!

Fins fans and media are hopeful about Chad Henne and to be honest I do think he is the QB of there future. Big question is if Ronnie Brown will still be a Dolphin next year. Anyway Parcells will probably make them a contender next year and then bail just like he has on every team not named the NY Giants.