Pre-Game discussion: Patriots at Broncos

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Re: Pre-Game discussion: Patriots at Broncos

The only reason . . .  the ONLY reason I have any concerns about this game at all is because it is in the mountains. The Pats crushed a recent version of this team with a recent version of their own. Of course, that team was led by Jay Cutler, who the Pats were able to throw off his game about one minute in by the simple expedient of inflicting violence upon him . . .  and went on to toy with Denver the way cats are purported to toy with mice. I don't believe Kyle Orton is as big a p*ssy as Cutler, but neither does he have Cutler's playmaking ability.

A couple of similar posts have come with disclaimers about coming back and "taking lumps" if they're wrong. You will get no such hedging here.

The Pats are going to smack Denver silly . . .

and I mean Fish-Slapping Dance silly.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Re: Broncos will take it hands down!!!

In Response to Broncos will take it hands down!!!:
    [QUOTE]The Broncos will fare a lot better than the Patsy's this weekend, it will be very cold in Denver so dress warm, the Patriots will lose this game and the Broncos will go on a great run, the Bronco Nation can feel it, change is good from the head coach to the new players we have the best set-up in the NFL to win all of our games and win the Superbowl. So come on Patriots fans, jump on the Bronco Nation bandwagon and cheer with us.
    Posted by DenverBroncosRock[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding me? Your serious with coming on here with that? How to break it down moron.

Do me a favor-Screw

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

In Response to Re: Pre-Game discussion: Patriots at Broncos:
    [QUOTE]The only reason . . .  the ONLY reason I have any concerns about this game at all is because it is in the mountains. The Pats crushed a recent version of this team with a recent version of their own. Of course, that team was led by Jay Cutler, who the Pats were able to throw off his game about one minute in by the simple expedient of inflicting violence upon him . . .  and went on to toy with Denver the way cats are purported to toy with mice. I don't believe Kyle Orton is as big a p*ssy as Cutler, but neither does he have Cutler's playmaking ability. A couple of similar posts have come with disclaimers about coming back and "taking lumps" if they're wrong. You will get no such hedging here. The Pats are going to smack Denver silly . . . and I mean Fish-Slapping Dance silly.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

This is the best prediction I've heard since Sherman's march to the Atlantic.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Law Firms best game as a Pat was against the Bronco's was it not? Ans Sammy Morris gashed them as well so I think we have a decent shot at ryunning all over these guys even with out Taylor.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from softserve. Show softserve's posts

I agree with you MVPKilla2009, but man your spelling is atrocious, it hurts my head reading it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

I am sure the last few teams "Cowboys" who went to play the Broncos felt it was going to be an easy game. Say what we can, they have not been defeated this year. In the early years of the Pats success, we had no respect even though we beat every team we faced.

I believe the Pats will win because we will use a good dose of Sammy and Benjarvis along with the always amazing K Faulk. I believe Wes will be rolling and Tom and Randy will be determine. I believe as much as Josh knows Bill, Bill knows Josh better (I still give this a wash).

In the end I believe the Defense will run in this game and have some big, game changing plays.

Going to be a good game, I would not count the Broncos an easy win, they are starting to believe..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rabbrandy. Show rabbrandy's posts

its funny listening to some of these guys on espn. they are saying that mcdaniels knows the tendencies of the patriot defensive backs because he has been around them for years and that its a big advantage for denver. do these guys do any research at all? other than merriweather how many db's do we have back there playing significant time were even on the team last year?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]its funny listening to some of these guys on espn. they are saying that mcdaniels knows the tendencies of the patriot defensive backs because he has been around them for years and that its a big advantage for denver. do these guys do any research at all? other than merriweather how many db's do we have back there playing significant time were even on the team last year?
    Posted by rabbrandy[/QUOTE]

Their job is to talk up Denver and point out things that will give BB problems.  You don't think BB knows how McDaniels thinks, too?  Just pre-game fodder....

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pre-Game discussion: Patriots at Broncos : LEON! Man, as much as I find the back and forth between you and the Pats fans funny as hell, and as much as I don't like Brady or the Pats, enjoying and making light of a possible career-ending, devastating injury is NOT COOL! There is a line that's right and wrong and you crossed it there. I would NEVER root for such a horrible injury to any athlete, and I certainly would NOT be making it something I enjoyed watching over and over and joking about. You can dislike Brady and the Pats all you want and make all the comments you want about both, but your post is WRONG!
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

JintsFan, Leon is a Jests fan meaning he rooted when Chad Pennington went down. He was the only Jest I was afraid of on that team.  So why shouldn't he root for all the rest of the injuries. Maybe Newark just needs a collaseum like Rome where they can kill each other for giggles.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]What about Josh's inside knowledge of the Pats - especially our offensive players?  He probably knows the secret weaknesses of Brady, Faulk, Light, Mankins, etc. better than anyone (e.g. Brady has the most difficulty with this type of coverage, Faulk holds the ball like this, Light is vulnerable against this type of move, Welker looks for this type of coverage so we can fool him, etc.) Last year we simply ran the ball down the Broncos' throat.  Hopefully their personnel are still so weak that they won't be able to stop the run without 8 in the box.  But again, Josh developed that game plan, so he'll know what to expect.  Very excited for this matchup.
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

All true but that's a two-way street. BB knows everything that Josh knows and then some. When it comes down to which coach is going to outsmart which my money's on BB.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pre-Game discussion: Patriots at Broncos : LEON! Man, as much as I find the back and forth between you and the Pats fans funny as hell, and as much as I don't like Brady or the Pats, enjoying and making light of a possible career-ending, devastating injury is NOT COOL! There is a line that's right and wrong and you crossed it there. I would NEVER root for such a horrible injury to any athlete, and I certainly would NOT be making it something I enjoyed watching over and over and joking about. You can dislike Brady and the Pats all you want and make all the comments you want about both, but your post is WRONG!
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

You got that right, Jintsfan. You seem like a fan of football as well as a giants guy.

But, not to bust your chops but I just don't understand why guys like you, underdogg,the aforementioned cockroach and others who are clearly fans of other teams want to spend so much time on the Patriot's board?   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

The Broncos-Dallas game was probably the most boring football game I've watched in years until the last Marshall play and the subsequent Dallas drive. Dallas did play poorly, but that was in part due to Denver's defense.

The key to this game is not Champ Bailey or Elvis Dumervil. It's Kyle Orton. His picture is prominently displayed next to "Game Manager QB" on wikipedia. If there ever was a QB who depended on YAC, it's him. Take away Marshall's freaky catch (it should have been an INT by Henry) and the rest of Dallas falling asleep on that play, both Den and DAL would be 3-1.

The weird thing about this is that the Pats don't seem to snuff the hopes of backup-caliber QBs. Remember AJ Feeley in 07? How about going back to Danny Kanell in 03? Just a random thought and one I don't expect to happen again...

The sacks come tomorrow and Pats win 21-17.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]The Broncos-Dallas game was probably the most boring football game I've watched in years until the last Marshall play and the subsequent Dallas drive. Dallas did play poorly, but that was in part due to Denver's defense. The key to this game is not Champ Bailey or Elvis Dumervil. It's Kyle Orton. His picture is prominently displayed next to "Game Manager QB" on wikipedia. If there ever was a QB who depended on YAC, it's him. Take away Marshall's freaky catch (it should have been an INT by Henry) and the rest of Dallas falling asleep on that play, both Den and DAL would be 3-1. The weird thing about this is that the Pats don't seem to snuff the hopes of backup-caliber QBs. Remember AJ Feeley in 07? How about going back to Danny Kanell in 03? Just a random thought and one I don't expect to happen again... The sacks come tomorrow and Pats win 21-17.
    Posted by seattlemaslow[/QUOTE]

Yep Denver really does not generate much offense and realistically they are 2 last minute plays away from being 2-2! I really think we can get our running game going against an undersized Denver front 7. The combination of Champ and Dawkins is a concern but Ive already seen lots of receivers getting open against them. I think if they double Moss then we will kill them underneath. Wonder if Galloway will get a shot to stretch the field?

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

This is an alright team getting lucky. We all saw the Cincy ending and last week Dallas played terrible. They didn't have Jones and Barber was limited. Romo threw horrible the entire second half missing wide open receivers across the middle. Dallas had 61 total yds going into the last 1:30 of the game and it wasn't because of the D. Like Truechamp said this team should be 2-2.
    Orton is that guy you hate to watch. He makes positive yardage out of broken plays. You think you got them for a loss and throws some garbage out there and it works. This needs to be limited today.
    Also Buckhalter's hurt big time and extremely doubtful, he was a huge reason they beat the Boys.
    Now they have the Pats today, San Diego and then Pittsburgh, There's a good chance they'll drop all three and be 4-3.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from FALMOUTH-JODY. Show FALMOUTH-JODY's posts

denver will be overwelmed by the pats offense 35-14

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from simroy. Show simroy's posts

[QUOTE]My prediction-The refs over protect Brady again and the Broncos lose by 3. OR The pats get exposed again for what they really are and get whooped up upon by the Broncos like the Jets did to them in week #2. Anything can happen really-LOL How are ya!?
    Posted by Leon1976[/QUOTE]

Well Leon, your nothing if not consistent - consistently misguided.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pre-Game discussion: Patriots at Broncos : Well Leon, your nothing if not consistent - consistently misguided.
    Posted by simroy[/QUOTE]

Do you think he knows much of anything about football other than dissing the Pats?  He always has an excuse to downplay Patriot victories and always talks up the other team as the one that will heap a lot of whoopa** on them.  I do not recall him ever posting a lucid, football related, post.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from simroy. Show simroy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pre-Game discussion: Patriots at Broncos : Do you think he knows much of anything about football other than dissing the Pats?  He always has an excuse to downplay Patriot victories and always talks up the other team as the one that will heap a lot of whoopa** on them.  I do not recall him ever posting a lucid, football related, post.
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

Agcsbill:  I read ya' loud and clear.  I'm confident the Pats will win today if they can shore up those areas that I (and alot of other fans) think have hurt them so far this year.  Such as:
    -  Third down defense:  although we've been "bending" and not "breaking," our third down defense is pretty poor.  I think the Ravens were 6 for 9 (or something close to that) including a third and goal from the 20.  They converted and I've been noticing that third and longish (8, 9, 10 yards) have been given up all too frequently by our boys in blue.  Manning and Indy, NO, and company will hand us our buttocks if we don't get better.....and soon!
    -  Kick return:  We've let teams (see Jets highlights) very good field position both on kickoffs and punt returns.  Conversely, our return team has been very mediocre.
    -  Punting/field position:  IMHO our punter stinks.  I've lost count (but I remember two specific cases last week), of how many times we punted from the 35-50-ish yard line and our punter sails it right into the end zone, netting us far too few yards net.  "Coffin corner?"  Our punter's never heard of it.
    -  Pass rush:  we can pressure the QB, but not so well with our D-line.  Ergo, we need LB help to pressure, exposing our secondary and that's probably why we're vulnerable on 3rd down.  I really can't see us beating the best teams (Indy, NO, etc.) with this lame as pass rush.  I realize injuries have hurt us in this department, but as BB says, "it is what it is."

I'd like to see some improvements in these areas, and a nice win over Denver (I know they're undefeated, but they've not played a great team and the more I see of Dallas, the less impressed I am) - may pay dividends at playoff-seeding time.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Mayo is active!

MikeReiss Patriots inactives: Galloway, Taylor, Wheatley, Sanders, Ohrnberger, Simmons, Sands and Brace.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

I think things start clicking this week. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

31 blew that tackle