Predicting the 53...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Predicting the 53...

I've gone over the roster many times, but I can't see how we keep all these players. 

QB (2)-- Brady, Hoyer
    RB (4)-- Maroney, Taylor, Morris, Faulk
    WR(6)-- Moss, Edelman, Holt, Tate, Price, Patten(Welker replaces him after PUP)
    TE (3)-- Crumpler, Gronkowski, Hernandez
    OL (8)-- Vollmer, Neal, Koppen, Mankins, Light, Kaczur, Larsen, LeVoir
    NT (2)-- Wilfork, Brace
    DE (5)-- Warren, Wright, Lewis, G. Warren, Pryor
    ILB (4)-- Mayo, Guyton, Mckenzie, Spikes
    OLB (5)-- Banta-Cain, Crable, Burgess, Cunningham, Woods
    CB (5)-- Bodden, Butler, McCourty, Wilhite, Wheatley
    S (5)-- Meriweather, Chung, Mcgowan, Sanders, Lockett
    K- Gostkowski
    P- Mesko
    LS- Ingram

There are going to be some tough cuts, anyone have something different?

I left a missing player, i think. That spot is reserved for either Gholston or Thomas. the Jets will release one IMO.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Re: Predicting the 53...

In Response to Predicting the 53...:
    I've gone over the roster many times, but I can't see how we keep all these players.  QB (2)-- Brady, Hoyer RB (4)-- Maroney, Taylor, Morris, Faulk WR(6)-- Moss, Edelman, Holt, Tate, Price, Patten(Welker replaces him after PUP) TE (3)-- Crumpler, Gronkowski, Hernandez OL (8)-- Vollmer, Neal, Koppen, Mankins, Light, Kaczur, Larsen, LeVoir NT (2)-- Wilfork, Brace DE (5)-- Warren, Wright, Lewis, G. Warren, Pryor ILB (4)-- Mayo, Guyton, Mckenzie, Spikes OLB (5)-- Banta-Cain, Crable, Burgess, Cunningham, Woods CB (5)-- Bodden, Butler, McCourty, Wilhite, Wheatley S (5)-- Meriweather, Chung, Mcgowan, Sanders, Lockett K- Gostkowski P- Mesko LS- Ingram There are going to be some tough cuts, anyone have something different? I left a missing player, i think. That spot is reserved for either Gholston or Thomas. the Jets will release one IMO.
    Posted by 49Patriots

Overall looks quite good. Really don't see them carrying 10 DB's so either Wheatley or Lockett out and a postion opened up on the OLine, which brings in Ohrnberger or Bussey. Linebacker could see Ninkovich making the team knocking out Woods or injury prone Crable.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

49, that's a great roster. My only add/drops would be:

1. Drop Locket / Add Connolly: BB seems to like his versatility. 
    2. Drop Crable / Add Ninkovich: I hope I'm wrong about this one. But for Crable to start OTAs on the scout team makes me worry.
    3. Drop Brace / Add BJGE: we need a healthy RB. The other RB's are old and injury prone. G. Warren backs up Wilfork. Again, I hope I'm wrong about Brace, but I don't like what I've seen so far.

just my 2 cents (not inflation adjusted, of course)

Edit: Wiz, great minds think alike!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

In Response to Re: Predicting the 53...:
    49, that's a great roster. My only add/drops would be: 1. Drop Locket / Add Connolly : BB seems to like his versatility.  2. Drop  Crable / Add  Ninkovich : I hope I'm wrong about this one. But for Crable to start OTAs on the scout team makes me worry. 3. Drop  Brace / Add  BJGE : we need a healthy RB. The other RB's are old and injury prone. G. Warren backs up Wilfork. Again, I hope I'm wrong about Brace, but I don't like what I've seen so far. just my 2 cents (not inflation adjusted, of course) Edit: Wiz, great minds think alike!
    Posted by pats-fan-2007

Forgot about Connolly yeah I think he'll make the team. Can imagine they'll carry 9 O-lineman this year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I can see the Pats dropping Lockett for an OLman, but I seriously doubt Crable gets the axe for Nincovich. If anything, both could make the team. I only have 52 players on the board because I'm hoping a good pass-rusher gets the axe soon and earns a spot on the line-up. I also feel that Crable is more talented than Rob and provides more upside. 

Also, I seriously doubt Brace gets the axe for BJE. BJE will be demoted to the PS. I can see the Pats moving Brace to the End position because it's hard to see Brace ever having a future as a NT in Belichick's 34 with a franchised Wilfork. And there is no way the Pats risk losing either Tate or Price. If Welker doesn't start on the PUP Patten will get the axe. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from laynard. Show laynard's posts

Crable goes the route of Vince Redd. Gone halfway through camp.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Here’s my projection:

QB (2): Brady, Hoyer

OL (9): Vollmer, Light, Koppen, Mankins, Neal, Kaczur and (3) of the following (Levoir, Ohrnberger, Connolly, Welch, Larsen and Bussey). 

TE (3): Crumpler, Hernadez, Gronkowski.

WR (6): Moss, Holt, Edelman, Price, Tate, Aiken (Slater to be cut as McCourty replaces him as both a gunner and return man).

RB (4): Maroney, Faulk, Taylor, Morris.  (Paschall looked aweful catching the football in mini-camp, so unless he turns things around, he’s gone).

DL (8): VW, Ty Warren, Gerard Warren, Wright, Brace, Deadrick, Lewis, Pryor.

LB (9): Cunningham, TBC, Spikes, Mayo, McKenzie, Crable, Burgess, Guyton, Woods.

CB (5): Butler, Bodden, McCourty, Wilhite, Wheatley OR Johnson. 

S (4): Chung, Merriweather, McGowan, Sanders.

ST (3): Ingram, Mesko, Gostkowski.

Welker placed on PUP.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

Here’s my projection:   QB (2): Brady, Hoyer OL (9): Vollmer, Light, Koppen, Mankins, Neal, Kaczur and (3) of the following (Levoir, Ohrnberger, Connolly, Welch, Larsen and Bussey).  TE (3): Crumpler, Hernadez, Gronkowski.   WR (6): Moss, Holt, Edelman, Price, Tate, Aiken (Slater to be cut as McCourty replaces him as both a gunner and return man). RB (4): Maroney, Faulk, Taylor, Morris.   ( Paschall looked aweful catching the football in mini-camp, so unless he turns things around, he’s gone). DL (8): VW, Ty Warren, Gerard Warren, Wright, Brace, Deadrick, Lewis, Pryor. LB (9): Cunningham, TBC, Spikes, Mayo, McKenzie, Crable, Burgess, Guyton, Woods.   CB (5): Butler, Bodden, McCourty, Wilhite, Wheatley  OR Johnson.   S (4): Chung, Merriweather, McGowan, Sanders . ST (3): Ingram, Mesko, Gostkowski. Welker placed on PUP.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07
    drop woods or wheatley/johnson, add BJGE

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: Predicting the 53... : drop woods or wheatley/johnson, add BJGE
    Posted by FOWLER8196

BJGE doesn't bring much if any value to the offense IMO, while he runs hard, he's a one dimensional short yardage back that doesn't catch the football well, limiting his ability to produce.  I think the depth/roster spot is better suited for the secondary/LB corps.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: Predicting the 53... : drop woods or wheatley/johnson, add BJGE
    Posted by FOWLER8196

The Pats can't afford to drop Wheatley. They only have 5 CBs on the roster, unless they get another one into camp Wheatley is guaranteed a spot on the 53.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

QB (2): Tom Brady, Brian Hoyer
    RB (5): Fred Taylor, Laurence Maroney, Kevin Faulk, Sammy Morris, Chris Taylor
    TE (3): Alge Crumpler, Rob Gronkowski, Aaron Hernandez
    WR (6): Randy Moss, Torry Holt, Wes Welker, Brandon Tate, Julian Edelman, Taylor Price
    OT (4): Matt Light, Sebastian Vollmer, Nick Kaczur, Mark LeVoir
    OG (4): Logan Mankins, Stephen Neal, Dan Connolly, Rich Ohrnberger
    C (1): Dan Koppen

K (1): Stephen Gostkowski
    LS (1): Jake Ingram
    P (1): Zoltan Mesko

DE (4): Ty Warren, Myron Pryor, Mike Wright, Damione Lewis
    NT (2): Vince Wilfork, Ron Brace
    OLB (5): Derrick Burgess, Tully Banta-Cain, Jermaine Cunningham, Rob Ninkovich, Shawn Crable
    MLB (4): Jerod Mayo, Bandon Spikes, Gary Guyton, Tyrone McKenzie
    CB (6): Leigh Bodden, Darius Butler, Devin McCourty, Terrence Wheatley, Jonathan Wilhite, Kyle Arrington
    S (4): Brandon Meriweather, James Sanders, Pat Chung, Brandon McGowan, Bret Lockett[PUP]*

PS (9): Dane Fletcher, Thomas Welch, Ted Larsen, Zac Robinson, Brandon Deaderick, Darryl Richard, David King*, Sergio Brown, Pat Paschall

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Supernova13. Show Supernova13's posts

QB (2): Tom Brady, Brian Hoyer

RB (4): Fred Taylor, Laurence Maroney, Kevin Faulk, Sammy Morris

TE (3): Alge Crumpler, Rob Gronkowski, Aaron Hernandez

WR (5): Randy Moss, Torry Holt, Brandon Tate, Julian Edelman, Taylor Price 

OT (4): Matt Light, Sebastian Vollmer, Nick Kaczur, Mark LeVoir

OG (4): Logan Mankins, Stephen Neal, Dan Connolly, Rich Ohrnberger

C (1): Dan Koppen

K (1): Stephen Gostkowski

LS (1): Jake Ingram

P (1): Zoltan Mesko

DE (6): Ty Warren, Myron Pryor, Mike Wright, Damione Lewis, Gerald Warren     Brandon Deaderick

NT (2): Vince Wilfork, Ron Brace

OLB (5): Derrick Burgess, Tully Banta-Cain, Jermaine Cunningham, Rob Ninkovich, Shawn Crable

MLB (4): Jerod Mayo, Bandon Spikes, Gary Guyton, Tyrone McKenzie

CB (6): Leigh Bodden, Darius Butler, Devin McCourty, Terrence Wheatley, Jonathan Wilhite, 
        Kyle Arrington (cut when Welker returns) 

S (4): Brandon Meriweather, James Sanders, Pat Chung, Brandon McGowan

Wes Welker on PUP

Practice Squad(8)-Zac Robinson, Darryl Richard, Thomas Welch, Ted Larson,  Kade Weston, Pat Paschall, Thomas Williams, 
     Ross Ventrone

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

In Response to Re: Predicting the 53... : BJGE doesn't bring much if any value to the offense IMO, while he runs hard, he's a one dimensional short yardage back that doesn't catch the football well, limiting his ability to produce.  I think the depth/roster spot is better suited for the secondary/LB corps.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

I'd say the one thing that would keep him on the roster is the fact that Morris, Taylor, and Maroney are a injury waiting to happen. They may bring in a released veteran or keep on BJGE for just that reason.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: Predicting the 53... : I'd say the one thing that would keep him on the roster is the fact that Morris, Taylor, and Maroney are a injury waiting to happen. They may bring in a released veteran or keep on BJGE for just that reason.
    Posted by Wizardsjag

Yes, that I'd agree with, but like you kind of alluded to, you can sign BJGE types off the street anytime you want.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

QB: Brady, Hoyer (2)
    RB: Maroney, Taylor, Morris, Faulk (4)
    WR: Moss, Welker, Holt, Edelman, Tate, Price, Aiken (7)
    TE: Crumpler, Gronkowski, Hernandez (3)
    OL: Light, Mankins, Koppen, Neal, Vollmer, Kazcur, Larsen, Ohrnberger (9)
    DL: T. Warren, Wilfork, G. Warren, Brace, Pryor, Wright, Deaderick (7)
    LB: Banta-Cain, Mayo, Spikes, Burgess, Cunningham, McKenzie, Guyton, Ninkonvich, Crable (9)
    CB: Bodden, Butler, McCourty, Wilhite, Arrington (5)
    S: Meriweather, Chung, Sanders, McGowan (4)
    ST: Gotskowski, Mesko, Ingram (3)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sfpat. Show sfpat's posts

QB: Brady, Hoyer (2) RB: Maroney, Taylor, Morris, Faulk (4) WR: Moss, Welker, Holt, Edelman, Tate, Price, Aiken (7) TE: Crumpler, Gronkowski, Hernandez (3) OL: Light, Mankins, Koppen, Neal, Vollmer, Kazcur, Larsen, Ohrnberger (9) DL: T. Warren, Wilfork, G. Warren, Brace, Pryor, Wright, Deaderick (7) LB: Banta-Cain, Mayo, Spikes, Burgess, Cunningham, McKenzie, Guyton, Ninkonvich, Crable (9) CB: Bodden, Butler, McCourty, Wilhite, Arrington (5) S: Meriweather, Chung, Sanders, McGowan (4) ST: Gotskowski, Mesko, Ingram (3)
    Posted by titletownfan

My only change is to add Welch, drop Crumpler (just a hunch).  I'd like to see Slater stick but there isn't any room.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

Aren't Morriss and  F Taylor really the same guy ie: old good performers when healthy. we know how that has played out . I think BGJE is a better young durable option. He has always mustered well when called on ( due to injuries of the aforementioned).

PS. wasn't he an SEC leading rusher??? Based on his pro opportunities and his performance I think he his is deserving a spot

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Sfpat, I really doubt the Patriots will dump Crumpler. They went into free agency with an approach to sign free agents that they thought would help the Pats locker room get better. Both Holt and Crumpler will make the 53. 

On Benny, Benny won't make the final 53, either. They'll put him on the PS because they know their RBs are fragile. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Aiken
    Arrington
    Lockett
    Slater
    Woods
    Ninkovich

Those were all pretty decent special team contributors if I am not mistaken. It will be interesting what new players can take on those duties at the same time  being a better position player.

According to profootball focus

after TBC, the OLB's in the 3-4 alignement graded out as follows

2) Ninkovich (played special teams)
    3) Thomas - GONE
    4) Woods (played special teams and good contributor)
    5) Burgess (Burgess graded out well when at DE in the 4-3 alignment)

Crable - might have more upside than any of those but hasn't played in two years and does not play special teams...