horrible with no depth

On D they have Revis 1 good LB and 1 good Dlinmn

So overall average talent and a lousy HC

7-9 looks about right - especially if they get in
    a losing streak - it will get real nasty in the LR

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JMUFranco. Show JMUFranco's posts

Re: Prediction : Jets Shall Have A Losing Season

In Response to Re: Prediction : Jets Shall Have A Losing Season:
    [QUOTE]Rex may be a good d coach but he is a horrible HC - in scimmage - when Tebow beat his D on a 60 yd bomb he said that in a real game it wouldn't have happened the point - he sticks up for his D  over his own O maybe he gets fired after this year  but Woody and Tanneboob are stupid too Sanchez has worked hard in the off season he has dramitally upgraded his physical skills Tebow will add nothing to make the team better than last year but Sanchez was good in the red zone -  Sanchez has no one to throw to, no one who can run, and an Oline that is weak an Oline of 1 great player, 1 good player 2 ave and i horrible with no depth On D they have Revis 1 good LB and 1 good Dlinmn So overall average talent and a lousy HC 7-9 looks about right - especially if they get in a losing streak - it will get real nasty in the LR
    Posted by seawolfxs[/QUOTE]
    I agree with most of what you say. But saying Tebow will add nothing is a bit iffy for me. Sure, they had one of the best red zone offenses in 2011. And I do agree that their biggest problem will be between the 20's on offense. Still, Tebow is a proven runner with a strange penchant for completing long-distance throws. Even though Belichick has had success against him, I always cringe when I see him lining up against us. You better believe Sparano (who unveiled the Wildcat against us with Ronnie Brown) will find creative ways to use him.
    I still think that our offense will be too much for their defense to handle and that their offense won't be able to make up the gap. I see them finishing anywhere from 7-9 wins as well thanks to their easy schedule. But man oh man, those games surely won't be an offensive circus, that's a guarantee.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimijazz. Show jimijazz's posts

It's not all bad news for the Jets.

They did get rid of Schotty  That's got to be worth 1-2 wins.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Prediction : Jets Shall Have A Losing Season : I agree with most of what you say. But saying Tebow will add nothing is a bit iffy for me. Sure, they had one of the best red zone offenses in 2011. And I do agree that their biggest problem will be between the 20's on offense. Still, Tebow is a proven runner with a strange penchant for completing long-distance throws. Even though Belichick has had success against him, I always cringe when I see him lining up against us. You better believe Sparano (who unveiled the Wildcat against us with Ronnie Brown) will find creative ways to use him. I still think that our offense will be too much for their defense to handle and that their offense won't be able to make up the gap. I see them finishing anywhere from 7-9 wins as well thanks to their easy schedule. But man oh man, those games surely won't be an offensive circus, that's a guarantee.
    Posted by JMUFranco[/QUOTE]

Agree on Tebow and long ball
    Agree that Tebow w/ Sparano can do good things
     in the red zone
    I don't know that the Wildcat is effective in the NFL anymore???

I just don't know that he adds more than Sanchez - Sanchez is a very
    good athlete and is now a phyisical specimen at 232#'s

then couple it with the first Sanchez INT -
    the Jets fans will be asking for Tebow

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

[QUOTE]It's not all bad news for the Jets. They did get rid of Schotty  That's got to be worth 1-2 wins.
    Posted by jimijazz[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but look who replaced him....... 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Oh, Oh Benny and the Bengals beatin up on the big bad jests.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I scanned the first few drives of the game.  I don't see a healthy Jets offense.

Mr. Sanchez was on the field for three drives, if you count the Cincinnati 5 yard penalty on fourth and 2 as creating a new drive.  Sanchez wasn't on the field at the time, so he doesn't get any credit for that first down.  Three drives, no points.

Mr. Tebow started with a short field, probably from a kickoff out of bounds.  He got 2 first downs and a field goal out of it.  His next drive didn't go anywhere. 

I see no reason to find out what the Jets can do against Cincinnati's training camp scrubs.

The only good note for the Jets is that their defense works against Cincy.  Cincy isn't exactly all-world. 

Somehow I don't expect them to break 8-8. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Things will get so bad Fireman Ed will bring matches to the stadium.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

200+ yards rushing already against the jest @ start of the 3rd.
    Teblow still running around like a chicken with his head cut off. Awesome!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Terrible interception by Tebow. Jets look like a mess to me. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In Response to Prediction : Jets Shall Have A Losing Season:
    [QUOTE]Probably anywhere from 3 -7 Wins; no offense, overrated defense except for Revis, dysfunctional FO. And then there's the Tebow thing.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

The Jets looked good tonight, didn't they?

LOL!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Jets are going to be terrible.  It's just preseason, but they're going backwards quickly. 

But the Pats didn't exactly fill up a stat sheet the other day.  I've got a lot more worries about this Pats' team than I do assurances about how bad the Jets are.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

CINCINNATI (AP) -- Left guard Travelle Wharton hurt his right knee during Cincinnati's opening series and left the field on a cart, the start of a series of injuries to Bengals starters.

Middle linebacker Rey Maualuga and defensive end Carlos Dunlap also left the field with injured right knees during the following series, costing the Bengals three of their starters in the opening 5 minutes of a preseason game against the New York Jets.

Your job is to complete this Associated Press story.

A.  And then the mighty Jets offense rolled over what was left of the crushed Cincinnati first stringers.

B.  And then the mighty Jets offense rolled over like a mackarel on the deck of a fishing trawler. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1guy1sharp. Show 1guy1sharp's posts

They just have so many question marks on offense , its just crazy. Literally almost every position. Can't wait to see the pressure get to them.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Prediction : Jets Shall Have A Losing Season": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Prediction : Jets Shall Have A Losing Season : With what? All they have is 1 headcase WR, 1 or 2 decent OL (the rest are terrible), and Revis, and maybe Bart Scott. That's it. Their FO is worse than the RS. Also, why does a backup QB get more mikes shoved in his face than the Elite QBs? What a pathetic circus. Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE] IMO Revis is on the way down, slowly but surely. He got burned several times last year. Look for that to happen more and more as we go forward. His yearly contract dispute is becoming a distraction and embarrassment as well. Jets start off with a win or two, but come crashing down, finish 7-9, 6-10.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Prediction : Jets Shall Have A Losing Season": [QUOTE]Jets are going to be terrible.  It's just preseason, but they're going backwards quickly.  But the Pats didn't exactly fill up a stat sheet the other day.  I've got a lot more worries about this Pats' team than I do assurances about how bad the Jets are. Posted by soups[/QUOTE] Agreed all around. Don't be shocked if this team has a letdown year and pulls out their best Sox imitation with a lot of key injuries. I sincerely hope not. But, too much hype, and if that OL don't get it together, it's gonna be 9-7 for the Pats, with a quick exit in the playoffs.