Prediction: On Draft Day, Laurence Maroney traded to Seahawks for Deion Branch

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD. Show NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD's posts

Prediction: On Draft Day, Laurence Maroney traded to Seahawks for Deion Branch

Deal:

Seahawks: Laurence Maroney

Patriots: Deion Branch and 3rd Round Pick

Later, that 3rd is used to select Aaron Hernandez TE out of Florida.

What do you guys think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from datdude401. Show datdude401's posts

Re: Prediction: On Draft Day, Laurence Maroney traded to Seahawks for Deion Branch

What do i think??? Pass me that stuff your smoking. Lauence Maroney wouldnt command a 3rd rounder himself in a trade. Puff Puff Pass homie!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Prediction: On Draft Day, Laurence Maroney traded to Seahawks for Deion Branch

Though I'd like the trade minus Hernandez (reports say he still and might recovery from his surgery) I doubt we'd get Branch and a 3rd for Maroney. Maybe Branch and a 6th though.  But unless you see them draft a rb in the 1st or 2nd there will be little hope Maroney gets traded.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Why trade away the best RB on the team?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from longhairjoe. Show longhairjoe's posts

In Response to Prediction: On Draft Day, Laurence Maroney traded to Seahawks for Deion Branch:
    Deal: Seahawks: Laurence Maroney Patriots: Deion Branch and 3rd Round Pick Later, that 3rd is used to select Aaron Hernandez TE out of Florida. What do you guys think?
    Posted by NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD

one would think? is Pete Carroll that much an idiot, trade Deion Branch and a 3RD for Laurence Maroney? Carroll might be? hah hah. He would be an idiot giving up a 3rd for Maroney alone. hah hah
    I think getting a 3rd for Maroney is pretty good, especially if you can get
    Aaron Hernandez in the 3rd.  It would be cool if TEBOW was there and Patriots Drafted him too?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In Response to Re: Prediction: On Draft Day, Laurence Maroney traded to Seahawks for Deion Branch:
    Though I'd like the trade minus Hernandez (reports say he still and might recovery from his surgery) I doubt we'd get Branch and a 3rd for Maroney. Maybe Branch and a 6th though.  But unless you see them draft a rb in the 1st or 2nd there will be little hope Maroney gets traded.
    Posted by PatsEng
    The Hernandez part doesn't bother me at all,he had a great pro day at UF just last week. I'd rather see them trade AT to the Broncos for Marshall. I think Branch is toast.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

In Response to Re: Prediction: On Draft Day, Laurence Maroney traded to Seahawks for Deion Branch:
    What do i think??? Pass me that stuff your smoking. Lauence Maroney wouldnt command a 3rd rounder himself in a trade. Puff Puff Pass homie!
    Posted by datdude401

Maroney had more yards than Tomlinson, no way I'd deal him for a WR who's going to be released.  I think the Pats will get a 3rd rounder, but not this wahy

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from longhairjoe. Show longhairjoe's posts

I think Maroney still can be of use in New England depending on the scheme of the offense and put him in space.  the offense has to change, it should, offense is too predictable.

In Response to Re: Prediction: On Draft Day, Laurence Maroney traded to Seahawks for Deion Branch : Maroney had more yards than Tomlinson, no way I'd deal him for a WR who's going to be released.  I think the Pats will get a 3rd rounder, but not this wahy
    Posted by croc

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from longhairjoe. Show longhairjoe's posts

i would trade maroney to washington for portis, straight up deal.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

I would trade maroney 4 my LATE GRANDMOTHER.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

So trade one bad player for a worse one? And yea we'd get a 3rd rounder for him...cmon now. terrible idea...stupid thread!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I like the idea of trading LM but Branch and a 3rd won't happen, carroll doesn't like us that much and it is just too rich for LM.

I would send LM a 4th and a 7th to San Diego for Malcom Floyd, he can learn the offense while you still have Moss and next year he becomes the #1.  6'5" 230lb WR that can run.  He is better than any player you can get in the 4th or 7th.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

I'd say AD for Branch would be more likely than Maroney for Branch

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from looneyman. Show looneyman's posts

I say AD, & Kazur to Oakland for Morrison

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from angel3781. Show angel3781's posts

Deion Branch! Are you kiddin' me?  Branch hasn't put together a decent season since leaving the Patriots, unless you consider south of 700 yds receiving great production, which of course I don't, but maybe that's just me.  I think as a #3 WR he could be a nice pickup, but I wouldn't want to gamble on him being our #1 or #2 WR if it means we a required to give up something of value.  Now, should he be released by Seattle then by all means look into acquiring him if he's willing to re-work his contract.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

...Now, should he be released by Seattle then by all means look into acquiring him if he's willing to re-work his contract.
    Posted by angel3781

That's right, they won't trade for him because it would mean they assume his contract, which they won't do.  Even if the teams wanted to do this deal, this is a non-starter with his existing contract.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

NO WAY do we get a 3rd round pick and Deion Branch for Maroney.  Mike Reiss said recently that Maroney's trade value is probably around a 5-6th round pick, let alone a 3rd and a starting receiver.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I like Branch, but not enough to do that deal... if they release him I would bring him in but that is the only way I would bring him in. As much as I think we need a better RB option then Maroney he is the top RB on the team and we controll him for two more seasons under a favorable contract so I doubt we will move him unless the deal was something much more then what was offered here.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Someone please explain to me why we trade our best running back for a guy that is going to be cut anyway.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

Isn't Branch making about 3x what Maroney is scheduled to make this year?  They'll trade part of their running back stable for a guy who is on the back 9 and who makes significantly more than Maroney?  No way this happens homes. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsordie. Show patsordie's posts

i would trade maroney to washington for portis, straight up deal.
    Posted by longhairjoe

As long as we are at it, why dont we try Peterson for Maroney - straight up?? Come on guys, get real. We'd be lucky if we get a 3rd round pick for Maroney. But the thing is, we don't have to trade him. If we don't get Branch that is OK. He is the Maroney of Seattle right now. We havent seen him produce much since he left NE (although he was injured most of the time).

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Pick him up after he gets cut so you're not responsible for his current ridiculous contract.  No need to trade anyone for him. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

keep branch and gimmie the 3rd rounder, branch was just average with a HOF QB and now with hassellbeck hes just crapy

24. This post has been removed.