Predictions and Analysis for Wk 1 vs Cincy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Re: Predictions and Analysis for Wk 1 vs Cincy

31-27 Pats.  Patriots have the ball last and score a  TD late in the game to win it.  Going to be a tough game as Cincy does have a good D with a very good D-Cordinater (Zimmer) but I do feel the Pats will be able to score enough to grab the win (especially at home).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Pats 42 over Bengals 26 in a track meet. Cinci O is decent, but the Pats O is much better.  This will resemble 2007.

Rest of AFCE: 

Phins 24-13 over Bills.  Bills enjoyed a great pre-season, reality now sets in

Ravens 21-6 over the Jets.  In typical fashion Cromartie gets burned a few times and makes a meaningless IT.  Jet O is nonexistant

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

31-27 Pats

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

I predict that if the Pats' secondary gives TO a couple of good shots in the first quarter he'll drop the ball for the rest of the game to avoid being hit.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

yeah... dont you just hate that?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

34-13 Pats

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Watch time of possession.

If the Pats can control the line of scrimmage and sustain long, time-consuming drives, they can win this going away. If they are trying to go deep too much and leaving the defense on the field all day, look for what you saw last year. It's hard not to see a shootout in this one so it figures to be all about the Red Zone. As long as Gostkowski is kicking extra points, I like the Pats.

N.E. 30 Cincy 24

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

Pats 35
    Cincy 31

No need for FGs as the Pats Red Zone offense rolls.

Dish Network

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Jason Cole, "10 Issues of "10"

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AplCOblk_3YmYIKEReivR7hDubYF?slug=jc-2010nflstorylines090710

"8. Back-to-back Bengals run?
    Are the Cincinnati Bengals good enough that they can make the playoffs in consecutive years for the first time since 1981-82? Believe it. Yeah, I like to take my shots at the Bengals, but I really like this team and it doesn’t have a lot to do with Terrell Owens(notes). If he can catch 60 somewhat meaningful passes, then the offense should be fine. Jordan Shipley(notes) is going to be a nice slot guy and should push Andre Caldwell(notes) to get better. But the really important element to this Cincy team is the quality and depth on defense. Start with the best corner tandem in the league (Johnathan Joseph(notes) and Leon Hall(notes)) and go from there. Throw in great defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer and you have a great mix."

I reprint this because it's the kiss of death.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I don't know exactly what the Bengals' strengths and weaknesses are this year on defense but I think the Pats will come out with 2 TE's and Fred Taylor trying to run early and get the TE's into the passing game. I think this is going to be a pretty tight game. Pats 31-28.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Leon Hall and Jonathan Joseph are the best CB tandem?...are you kidding?

Like someone above said, if we can have a nice 2-3 long sustaining drives that result in TD's and control the time of possession, we win this game. If TB airs it out to Moss consistently, we lose this game. 

Prediction...Pats 31, Bengals 24

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Predictions and Analysis for Wk 1 vs Cincy:
    [QUOTE]well folks, the torturously long wait is soon to be over. what do you guys expect on sunday? would love to read our thoughts. i think this will be a good barometer for the pats. upon checking cincy's 2009 stats, i realized i had a misconception of that team. they actually had a more-than-decent defense and a not-as-impressive-as-i-thought offense. their defense was actually fourth in pts allowed per game, just behind the pats. pass yards and rush yards given up epr game are actually comparable to baltimore's. so, assuming their defense is as good or better, we'll see just how potent the new pats offense is. that should be exciting to watch. on the flipside, they were not that good on offense last year - sightly more rush yards per game than nwe, but almost 100 fewer pass yards. that said, they definitely have a balanced approach to offense, so defenses can't really overplay either run or pass. benson would be my primary concern at the start. we'll see if nwe can stop a good running back. at the very least, benson keeps nwe honoring the run. on the other hand, they seem to have upgraded their passing game. TO may help with that, but i don't think that is where the big improvement for them will come from. i think it will be shipley who changes the tone for their offense. he could be their version of welker. this game would definitely be a good initial test for the pats d. cincy has most of the ingredients for explosiveness. it would be great to see nwe neutralize such an offense. not only that, i am just antsy to find out how they would accomplish that - where the pass rush will come from and whether they will stop the run (in preseason, they seemed to be giving up yards after contact when the opponent runs down the middle, and in previous years, they got beaten a lot around the edges.)
    Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE]

What about tonight's PowerBall numbers?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Defense tends to dominate early in the year as offenses work out the kinks.

PATS 20-13

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to Re: Predictions and Analysis for Wk 1 vs Cincy:
    [QUOTE]

October 1, 2007: NE Pats 34, Bengals 13
    October 1, 2006: NE Pats 38, Bengals 13

September 12, 2010: NE Pats 36, Bengals 13

History.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Predictions and Analysis for Wk 1 vs Cincy : What about tonight's PowerBall numbers?
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

i don't know...i keep seeing the #25 in my dreams recently.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

heard today on sports radio here...one guy thinks cincy represents the afc in the sb!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

24-17 Pats. I say Brady throws for two scores and Maroney runs it in for one. Defense gives up an early big play and lets Cincy convert a couple third and longs but does enough to keep them at bay.

It's all just predictions, though. I could predict the moon won't be there tomorrow and you can't prove me wrong... until tomorrow happens

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MatildaWanna. Show MatildaWanna's posts

Bengals- Ocho= 2 TD's -TO=1TD -1 TD rush - One Field Goal= 31pts.
    Patriots- Gronk=1 TD- Taylor=1TD -1 other TD=21pts.

Patriots lose 1 key defensive player during first half for at least 6 weeks.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Heard some pretty compelling arguements about why this game may be more difficult for your team than the next two.  All of it having to do with lack of a pass rush combined with a young secondary vs. top flight receivers and a QB wanting to prove himself. 

The next 2 vs. young QB's and running attacks that may be able to be handled better than against a skilled passing team. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Bengals have a good offense. TO, Ocho, Shipley and Gresheim. then you have to cover the Benson running game. the Bengals biggiest weakness other then carson Palmer is penalties.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

[QUOTE]October 1, 2007: NE Pats 34, Bengals 13 October 1, 2006: NE Pats 38, Bengals 13 September 12, 2010: NE Pats 36, Bengals 13 History.
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4[/QUOTE]

+1

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.