Pride

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Pride

This team was clearly embarrassed today.  They got destroyed on both sides of the ball.

My question is this: does this team have the pride and focus to learn from their mistakes tonight and grow moving forward?  Is this embarrassment of the 2004-Red-Sox-losing-19-8-to-the-Yankees-in-Game-Three-of-the-American-League-Championship kind?  Or the Titans-go-0-6-and-lose-59-0 kind?  Because those are teams that dug deep and found the testicular fortitude to show their better sides in response to adversity.

Here's to hoping these Patriots can do the same.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Re: Pride

I'm not sure the defense will rise to any occasions after this game but hopefully this woke up the offense. They will have to play for 60 minutes or they have no chance in the playoffs. One dimensional teams have been successful in the playoffs in the past. Unfortunately for the Pats it's teams whose only dimension is Defense that usually wins (1974 Steelers, 2000 Ravens and the 2006 Bears beat the one dimensional offensively minded Saints to get to the Super Bowl). The Patriots either need to commit more to the run or wing it constantly like the Dan Fouts Chargers (super exciting but a sure playoff dissappointment). It seems that one drive we run well and the next drive it's all pass. I'm not convinced the defenses are getting confused. Tonight on every third and short the Saints blitzed and we didn't have enough time to get receiver seperation. I guess what I'm saying is that I believe the offense will rise to the occasion but I'm not sure the defense has the pass rush to be able to rise to any occasion against a good offense. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I don't doubt that the Pats have plenty of pride and will extract whatever "object lesson" can be learned from getting embarrassed on prime-time national TV, but the fact of the matter is that they were soundly beaten on the road by a team with better players that was better prepared. I don't know how strength of character is going to help them pressure quarterbacks or stop the run or read defenses better or . . .   well, it's a long list.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

Yes, there is pride in that locker room, from the coaching staff, QB, offensive and defensive lines.  There's people that have won Super Bowls and lost close games, there's players that have experienced blowouts, fumbles, bad calls and missed opportunities.  But, there's also youth and BB is doing what needs to be done for the longer term.  This team is not going to win the Super Bowl this year.  The question you have to ask yourself - Do you have the Pride to stay with your team until it is ready to compete at the highest level again?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmo1679. Show wmo1679's posts

Two tough losses in 3 weeks. I think this team is still pretty good but not great. The pats last night got knocked down a peg or two. We'll if they can regroup for the playoffs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

I believe they have the pride and focus, but lack the talent (on D) and the schemes to win it all. The defense can't make a stand and the offensive gameplan is totally predictable, which you can get away with against lesser teams, but not the elite.

I'm beginning to fear that the second half of Brady's career will be like Marino's whole career - Big stats, no running game, no D and no rings. Hopefully I'm wrong and I'm not hopping off the bandwagon, just being realistic.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

They are not better players. They have been coached. If someone had the pride put away and watched the post game with Brees. He talked a little (very little) about the back shoulder throws he makes to covered guy's.

This is what happens when OC,DC and players walk away. I hope this is enough to get Weis to come home. When did the run get shut down last night. Maroney was a stud. Ball on the ground or not . We were not down and out of it when they changed him to Morris to Faulk to just throw and throw some more. Atleast he made the strip to get his turnover back. A short few ago we all praised Troy for these things. We are not the pass happy ten minute to throw 07 Patriots. That was over in the SB and credit should be given to to Ravens for it because the gaints didn't play that scheme in week 17. The D has no scheme! OLB's rush the edges and not to well as we all see. How about one of these guy's loop back inside every once in a while. O has no scheme! Moss draw coverage. Wes run till your open. How about we change the pace of the snap count and run hurry up more often. It seemed the play calling was going well early so I'll give credit there. Then it was throw and throw some more.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

I believe they are done.  They dont have the leadership on defense to overcome this.  Im with you in regards to making the playoffs. I think they will, but I believe they will have an early exit. Even if they get past the first round they will get embarrassed in the 2nd.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I think Tedy summed it up right..."You are who you are at this time of year". 

We are a team that is;
    1. Terrible on the road
    2. Inconsistent from 1st half to 2nd half
    3. Bad at adjusting
    4. Not able to pass rush
    5. Thin at WR and other offensive/defensive skill positions
    6. etc, etc., etc

You get the picture. The Pats although good, are not great. No SB's to be had this year...I don't think Pride or hard work or anything like that is going to help the Pats the remainder of the year. They simply don't have the personnel to win.

PS..I am a Patslifer and also a realist. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

In Response to Re: Pride:
    [QUOTE]I think Tedy summed it up right..."You are who you are at this time of year".  We are a team that is; 1. Terrible on the road 2. Inconsistent from 1st half to 2nd half 3. Bad at adjusting 4. Not able to pass rush 5. Thin at WR and other offensive/defensive skill positions 6. etc, etc., etc You get the picture. The Pats although good, are not great. No SB's to be had this year...I don't think Pride or hard work or anything like that is going to help the Pats the remainder of the year. They simply don't have the personnel to win. PS..I am a Patslifer and also a realist. 
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

agreed.  this should be a post titled...."Reality Check"...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

They won't fold and I'm sure they have pride but pride doesn't make up for talent. They really need a couple D-ends that rush the passer for starters. I never thought that I would say this team is soft but it's beginning to look that way.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

I tend to think that they have a lot of talent - it's just UNDEVELOPED talent.  Half of their defensive starters are new to the team.

I tend to think that they need to learn how to execute under pressure.  Once they get used to playing in pressure situations, sticking to their assignments, and focusing on just doing their jobs, I think they'll be alright.

Having said this, I think even Belichick understood that the time to rebuild had come (even if they have to do it on the run while still trying to win games)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALLDAWAYPATS. Show ALLDAWAYPATS's posts

I think that this team has pride, but it is built for the future.  I think O'Brien should be fired.  The Saints bring in two D backs off of the streets and he can't create any plays to exploit that.  There was a few times during the game that you could see Brady getting fustrated with the calls taking so long to come in and when he did get the calls he didn't seem too thrilled.  This might sound drastic, but do you think the Pats should bring Weis in NOW?  And we should bench Wilheit and start Butler, at least he will make a play on the ball.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

A wise man once spoke on the topic of pride. His name was Marsellus Wallace and he said."The night of the fight, you may feel a slight sting. That's pride f@@king with you. F@@k pride. Pride only hurts, it never helps".

Words to live by.