pro bowl selection is still a joke.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

pro bowl selection is still a joke.

im not saying this because only three pats players made it,but because im looking at players that did make it, got in by there names only,and there were many players from other teams that should have made it.i think the only way they will get it right is by not letting the fans vote,but true experts who will judge by performance of a player and not by his name.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Re: pro bowl selection is still a joke.

im surprised moss and merriweather didnt make it,and poor London Fletcher.this guy brings it every year,and has never been voted to one pro bowl.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from boom95. Show boom95's posts

Agreed Vlad, but they wont change fan involvement of some sort, the NFL might make a few fans mad and lose a few bucks!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Yea the pro bowl has been a joke for a while, along w/ the nba all star game and the mlb all star game. Im a Moss fan, so yea I think he should have made it. Ive always liked him, not just since he's been here. I think there is a real good case for him (78-1189-13-15.2), those are pro bowl numbers. Theres only 60yrds between him and the number 3 leader in yrds and leads al rec. and t.e.'s w/ 13 td's. But hey everyone knows its a joke, kinda bothers me that  it affects the money you make as a player, what are you gonna do? Another thing that bothers me is that people think teams never moved the ball down the field before Wes Welker, he should have made it no doubt, but come on, he wasnt doing anything like this miami, not even close. He comes here w/ a top 10 o-line, top 3 QB, and a HOF rec. in 81. Lets keep things in perspective. I know, I know, he got heart, hes our lil' dirt dog, hes wicked pissah. I know, like I said we need to keep things in perspective a lil' bit.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Let's send a message by getting to the Super Bowl and sending ZERO Patriots :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

yes a superbowl trip will cure everything.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

It's not just the fan voting that makes it a joke.  The players' votes are just as bad.  It's basically a popularity contest.  Often a guy gets elected a yr or 2 after he should but then keeps going when he's no longer worthy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

The biggest shame this year and previous years is London Fletcher, what will this guy have to do to get into a SB.  He's the type of player coaches love and fans love to watch.  This guys a "football player".
    Another one I can't get, OL, there are no OL from the Titans.  You have the back that will run for 2k, doesn't the OL have a little bit to do with that?

Alreaday said this but, merriweather gabe up too many big plays to make it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

this is true.you need great linemen to give these running backs the yards they get.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Of course the pro bowl selection process is a joke. "Door" Matt was a candidate.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Runner123. Show Runner123's posts

If you think the fans and plyers do a poor job, should the NFL just send the ballot to your house to get it right?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Being voted all pro is commendable but going to the stupid Pro Bowl is a risky waste of time.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

The joke about the Pro Bowl isn't the voting . . .  it's the game itself.

Nobody wants to play in this thing, and now the players don't even get a free trip to Hawaii.

I'm getting a little tired of pointing out that Yapple is right . . .

but Yapple is right.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

thats bc the pro bowl is a joke.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

If the Colts lose the AFC Championship game, this means Coach Caldwell would be the AFC pro-bowl coach.  His Colts players would see a couple snaps before being replaced as to not injur his tender players. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

You know how they could make the Pro Bowl more interesting?  Make it a true "final" game of the season but add more recognition elements.  I know, I know, it is a joke for some players, but, make it a great event.  For example they could hold off announcing all the regular season awards for MVP, rookie, offensive & defensive players of the year as well as the ALL-Pro team and announce at this game.  They could also award trophies, if they do, to league leaders in key categories.  All could be held in Hawaii, which in itself, is a great destination for the players and their families.  Miami... huh?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

good point bill

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

runner-i wish they would send them to me.for i would get it right.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

I know....I mean Austin Miles made the pro bowl.  This guy had 2 big game in week 5 and 6 and hasnt really done much after that and the guy that leads the NFC in receptions Steve Smith (NYG) doesnt make it.  Not even the original Steve Smith made it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Players are already hurt and tired.  They want to rest and heal.  The only thing about which they care is the recognition they receive. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

Austin, Miles has actually had a much better year than just two weeks of effort. 11 TDs and 1200 yds is pretty decent for 11 games as a starter. He also had three 100 yd games and 6 TDs after his breakout weeks.