Pro Bowl Stinks always has always will.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Pro Bowl Stinks always has always will.

I have never been able to get into the Pro-Bowl and I wouldn't go if someone gave me tickets... just a huge injury begging to happen to a very good player. I say do away with it and instead have a televised awards show.

At least I would watch that to see who the fans/writers/coaches and players (1/3 vote each) voted toughest WR to cover, best QB, Toughest defensive player offensive player, Humanitarian award, comeback player of the year, top Coach, best play offense defense special teams etc.  and announce the league MVP and Superbowl MVP as the top two awards of the show... Now that I would watch!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Re: Pro Bowl Stinks always has always will.

I have never heard the following phrase uttered by anyone - "Hey, what time is the Pro Bowl on?"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Right you are...Blade. The game should be discontinued.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Good idea Blade, kinda like Nascar does. That would be fun. We could see the athletes in street clothes without helmets and pads. It would be bizarre.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

There's no reason to play the game. Players don't want to play in it; fans don't care to watch it. This year there's not even a free trip to Hawaii in it for anyone. I heard that the game is returning to the islands next year (although not whether it will again be played before the Super Bowl). There seems to be some kind of award show on at least once a week anyway -- I don't see how one more could possibly hurt.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

replace it with this

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

I think the Pro Bowl might be better in this new pre-Super Bowl time slot.

It's no longer anti-climatic like it used to be, when it came on the heels of 2 weeks of non-stop Super Bowl hype.

The week after the Super Bowl is the worst week imaginable for an All Star game.

I'm actually watching it this year, and I bet the ratings are much higher than years past.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

But the games does su ck. It was funny to see asante get burned biting on a double move... and jaworski said he's been doing that all year

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

I think the players are having fun, other than Wifork--he's been out for every play--bet he's huffing and puffing-and they get some nice bucks for not doing much of anything.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I still say the Awards show is the way to go because like it was mentioned it is a success with Nascar and like them or not they are Americas fastest growing "sport". I just can't get into a game where a DE/OLB just stops mid rush and the QB throws a TD to a WR that is not even being contested.
    And also like was mentioned it would be cool to see them in civis and out of their comfort zone a little. And you know they would have no problem getting Celebs and Retired Players to present the awards.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

The Pro Bowl is a joke. Always has been. I have been to a few of them when they where in Hawaii. Fun to go to. I read there were 31 players that were hurt or unable to attend for private reasons..........Goodell has to mess with everything to boot......he took a weak showing and made it ten times worse moving it to the weekend before the Super Bowl. Players like McKinney of the Vikings getting sent home is a bad message . Guess its not that important to him either!!!!!!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

i would rather watch a two hand touch game featuring retired NFL players

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

good one rebels! lmao, If were doing that I want Broadway Joe with a bottle of JD black as the QB.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Apparently, the pro-bowl scored high ratings. So, it will likely be continued.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

I would consider going to Hawaii if someone gave me plane tickets. Whether or not i'd actually make to the game is debatable. Let's see....beach vs Pro Bowl. Sorry beach wins every time.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I watched some of the Pro Bowl and it was a joke!  They may as well have played Flag Football!!  No one wants to go all out, nor would you expect it.  Unlike other sports, like baseball, basketball, to a degree, you can have a good game as there is not a great amount of physical contact and injuries can be mimimal.  In the Pro Bowl, a bad hit in the wrong place, since you need the physical contact to make tackles, can put a player out for the next season. 

The NFL could better serve this purpose by having an "All Pro Day"  They can hold off announcing all the major awards, the AFC and NFC, with an overall NFL ALL Pro roster until then with some skills competion and the like.  Wouldn't it be interesting which QB can heave a ball the farthest with accuracy, a kicker boot it as long as possible, etc..?   It could even be held on SB weekend.  Make it a super big end of the year NFL party.  No one can get hurt and all the stars are there.